• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I wonder if we'll see an Xbox Two, with a price cut, and no bull**** after a year.

Actually maybe Xbox Zero would be a better name, as in, zero bull****.

D

Deleted member

So umm, do we have any idea what these Microsoft employees were smoking when making the Xbox One?

Can't believe Microsoft actually pulled off such an abysmal conference, you can't help but laugh.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I find it funny that the Xbox One is getting NBA Live 2014. Seriously, it's going to be the 3rd straight cancelled NBA Live game on the 3rd Xbox with the first name.

Coincidence=??? Yes. Double failure=??? Yes, yes.
I wonder if we'll see an Xbox Two, with a price cut, and no bull**** after a year.

Actually maybe Xbox Zero would be a better name, as in, zero bull****.
Xbox Zero can't exist, since the Xbox One is a sequel to Perfect Dark Zero, and it perfectly sets up Perfect Dark One. :shades:
So umm, do we have any idea what these Microsoft employees were smoking when making the Xbox One?

Can't believe Microsoft actually pulled off such an abysmal conference, you can't help but laugh.
Agreed. They could have just waited until E3 to save the good stuff and eliminate all the awful requirements to use this dreadfully worthless console. Literally everything it does the PS4 and WiiU does better without costing a crap ton of money.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Anyone interested in seeing the revival of old rare franchises as was rumored earlier?

My hope is Battle Toads

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
My friend said Rosalina, Daisy, Toadalina, and Lugiciloucious is in. I paid 20 bucks for this info, it is true. Change your rosters. I will not change mine.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Anyone interested in seeing the revival of old rare franchises as was rumored earlier?

My hope is Battle Toads
Considering it'll probably be butchered like the post-Nintendo Banjo, Conker, and Perfect Dark games, not really.

My guess is Killer Instinct though. Battletoads would be cool too if they could do it properly (it was never really a Nintendo-owned series), but I think even that's too much for them to handle.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486

My hope is Battle Toads
If by "revival" you mean the current Microsoft leaders or fired or Microsoft loses the rights to it and it goes to a decent company (NOT EA! THEY ALREADY ARE SET TO RUIN STAR WARS!!), then yes.

If we could get full on pre-Star Fox Adventures/Microsoft Rare quality games from it, then I would want EVERY RARE IP BACK AND RUNNING! :lick:

Zinfandel

Smash Journeyman
The main issue with it in my view is the large size, and that the Kinect and all the hardware extras in it (3 OSs, TIVO stuff only people in NA can use) will mean a high price. Add the Live monthly fee to that and you are paying a lot for a machine that isn't solely devoted to gaming, just because Microsoft wants to take over the living room.

Also, they have completely abandoned Japan. A gigantic boxy machine like that is made for the larger American living rooms.

D

Deleted member

Is that when you first learned to skateboard.

"And I like to SKATEboard!!"

Anyway, I think we need to keep in mind that the Xbox One isn't a console, it's a multimedia device, that's what it seems they're going for. They're trying compete with Apple's iWhateverthe****it'scalled as a home multimedia device, the focus is clearly not on gaming, and one thing people need to be wary of is that this was Sony's exact strategy with the PS2, and that console tore all the competitors a new anus though it had literally NO GAEMS for like almost a year.

Of course, Sony wasn't trying to jew its fanbase, but still, I'd hate to see the Xbox One go the way of the PS2.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Except with the PS2 Sony didn't try to screw consumers over with always online, fee requirements and blocking used games.

D

Deleted member

Except with the PS2 Sony didn't try to screw consumers over with always online, fee requirements and blocking used games.
Yeah, pretty much. But people today are so dumb, they might just buy into it. Look at all the people who just GOTTA have the latest iPhone/iPad.

Anyway, a recap of the conference for Star:

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
I saw someone say something about how Call of Duty: Ghosts was an important part of the conference(I think it was Johnknight). That's not even an exclusive. I'm pretty sure the WiiU and PS3/4 are getting it too. The only thing that could've saved the console, and it's not even exclusive.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I saw someone say something about how Call of Duty: Ghosts was an important part of the conference(I think it was Johnknight). That's not even an exclusive. I'm pretty sure the WiiU and PS3/4 are getting it too. The only thing that could've saved the console, and it's not even exclusive.
It's a timed exclusive, or at least the DLC is.

From what I understand, the big innovation for CoD Ghosts is that there will be dogs.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Hmmm, what about Kameo?

NAAAH, guess 2005 isn't very historic.
That was a good game with a very good soundtrack. Sadly though, its sequel was canned by Microsoft. It was shifting to a more realistic fantasy appearance, but M$ wanted them to work on Kinect ****.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
It's a timed exclusive, or at least the DLC is.

From what I understand, the big innovation for CoD Ghosts is that there will be dogs.
The only good thing in the conference was seeing the footage of the dog being mocapped.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Collar Duty. Like that one guy on Twitter. :chuckle:

EDIT: Kuma ninja'd me.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
He is fighting Master Hand who just got like twenty megamushrooms. And still, look at that impressive wingspan Ridley has.

D

Deleted member

He is fighting Master Hand who just got like twenty megamushrooms. And still, look at that impressive wingspan Ridley has.
A clash so TITANIC you would need an IMAX theatre just to properly project it.

Ridley is 2big4myTeeVee

Disclaimer: inb4 Ridley defence force. Since Irony is so hard to pick up these days, for those of you who don't know I actually support Ridley.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom