• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Super mario rpg is the game that is awarded in club Nintendo until June

Geno confirmed

lobotheduck21

Smash Master
NNID
@AntwonGodefroy
3DS FC
4914-4683-5067
the one simularity between xbox one and the one ring

both need to be thrown in the fires of mount doom

D

Deleted member

So Microsoft didn't just shoot themselves in the foot.
They ****ing took an atom bomb to it.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
So what have I missed? Between working, listening to Daft Punk's latest CD and watching the NBA Playoffs I have no clue what is going on here or at GAF right now.

Thunderfang747

Smash Journeyman
Hopefully Microsoft quickly realizes how big of a mistake it is to make games linked to consoles and decides to undo this. This not only hurts the gamers, but it is a huge detriment to game rental businesses like Gamefly or used game stores like Gamestop. Who is honestly going to go buy/rent a used game and then turn around and pay for it again when you pop it in the console? Not me, I can tell you that.

On a side note, Microsoft can't even be original with names. Sony already did the PSOne :troll:

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Don't bother with it. I was making puns off its names left and right.
All I know is one half of GAF is declaring gaming dead and the other the triumph of Sony. Have absolutely no clue what happened today.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
There have been two references to nuclear weapons on this page, my avatar is very appreciative of this.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The Xbox one reveal, showed very little games, and confirmed you have to pay $60 fee for a used game to play,. Also it needs to be online once a day.
Your joking, a $60 fee? is that true?

I knew there was a fee, but I figured it would be like $5

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Well, some(somewhat) good news regarding the X1. They're expanding the size of the friend lists from 100 to 1000

http://www.destructoid.com/xbox-one-expanding-friends-list-limit-from-100-to-1-000-254208.phtml

So, if you're someone with a whole lot of friends, maybe the XBox One has something for you.
I already ignore 90 of my 100 friends on Xbox Live, and I don't need to ignore 900 more.
Ever since the conference ended it just feels like this:
DING! DING! DING!

WE HAVE A WINNER!!! And the winner making the money is Moon "Madness Master" Monkey!!!

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Oh no, I just found this:

There will be a teaser for Bayonetta 2 at the E3 too, and a Yoshi’s Island 3 teaser. They will also show a pretty shocking teaser for Smash Bros U/3DS. The game will feature sightly different gameplay than older installments of the Smash Bros series. The 3DS version will be very different to the W ii U one, content wise. There will be a few newcomer characters shown at the teaser: Little Mac, Takamaru, Tom Nook, Palutena, Dark Pit ( the source says he is not sure if it’s a transformation for Pit like Zelda/Sheik or a standalone character), and Bayonetta.
I would seriously consider not getting either game if all of this ended up true. Fortunately the entirety of the leak sounds like one big 4chan gag, regardless of how "legitimate" this source is according to this site. And no way is Nintendo delaying Mario Kart into next year only to be replaced by a Sonic racing
game.

The Xbox one reveal, showed very little games, and confirmed you have to pay $60 fee for a used game to play,. Also it needs to be online once a day.
Ahahahahaha!

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Fake. Tssz makes up rumors all the time.
Most of them always do. I'm pretty sure this made its cycle here already. Just seeing something that revolting kind of takes my breath away in a carbon monoxide kind of way.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I would like if Tom Nook showed up in the trailer. Being in my top 5

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Plus no backwards compatibility including past controllers, Kinect being mandatory for the system, the inability to replace the hard drive (external hard drives can be used), and the fact that you can't play a new game unless you register it online (which prevents it from being played on other X1s). Also some games will need to be online all the time.

...I think that's it. Oh and Sony and Nintendo's stock rose today. :laugh:

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
In case anyone doesn't understand the situation, I have a visual aide here (warning: R-rating language). Xbox One is the "gangster," and real gamers are the albino karate kid.
...More specifically what did I miss in regards to Microsoft.
You have to pay full retail price to play used games, you have to download entire games from the disc, you can't remove the 500 GB hard drive, you must be online every 24 hours or less to have your console work, the console is the 3rd Xbox console yet is named the Xbox One (awful name), the Xbox One has no Xbox (1; lol) or Xbox 360 backwards compatibility, it doesn't support any previous controllers, you must register all your games online to play them, you must pay full retail price to use your Xbox One games on another Xbox Live account, you can't use the Xbox One without a Kinect plugged in, Halo is getting a TV show produced by Steven Spielberg (who only destroys things we love now, like Indiana Jones), the Xbox One is getting a few exclusive Call of Duty and EA Sports games features, the Xbox One got one new IP, the Xbox One showcased no new games anyone cares about, and the Xbox One is terrible, and easily had the worst video game press conference ever, and it will NEVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEERRRR BE TOPPED.

LIKE SWEET JESUS BUDDHA TORAH HINDU ALLAH TOM CRUISE IT WAS TERRIBLE!!!

Pretty much Microsoft's future in console gaming is very much in jeopardy unless they undo a lot of this.

Oh, and I probably forgot some stuff, but literally so much awful things came from Microsoft today that it is hard to keep it straight. No really, everything

Oh, and lastly, I got a feeling the Xbox One is going to require EA Origin considering how EA went from lovey-dovey on the Wii U to hating the Wii U to lovey-dovey on the Xbox One.

Oh and P.S., Microsoft has a patent on a Kinect that can spy on you (with a camera put in on it), if they so choose to use it!!!

The effects of Microsoft's failures were so grand that Sony's stocks rose in value by 7% (and Nintendo's stocks rose in value, too).

The only people applauding at the convention were Microsoft employees; long-time Microsoft fanboy journalists booed and complained during and afterwards at the conference and on the web. It was all universally panned; like Disaster Movie status panned.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I have some free time tomorrow, if anyone has any ideas on some new GIF add-on's before E3 now's the time to hit me up. And for the sake of removing redundancy, if you need a point of reference on which characters I've already done check my thread.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
The only one that comes to mind is Lucina currently.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Oh, and lastly, I got a feeling the Xbox One is going to require EA Origin considering how EA went from lovey-dovey on the Wii U to hating the Wii U to lovey-dovey on the Xbox One.
Or the One is just next in line for another one of EA's "unprecedented partnerships" which entails EA forcing its terribleness onto you, throwing a tantrum when you don't accept it, then refusing to cooperate and calling you names behind your back. Except M$ seems to embrace the terrible. :troll:

Seriously though, EA could stick with Microsoft and I would care less. They deserve each other.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
@ N3ON (the above post)
The people running EA and Microsoft need to be fired so fast, it's not even funny. I feel terrible for the people working for both companies. If it wasn't for the inevitability of those poor people losing their jobs, homes, and financial status, I'd want those two companies to burn to the ground.
Well the XBox One isn't really a game console, so the comparison isn't valid. :troll:
I don't think the Xbox One is anything other than a thing you put money into and nothing comes out.

Basically, it's like Best Buy stock! :troll:
Considering how much that presentation was centered around TV, you could say this is the Xbox One Trick Pony.
I don't think that's the trick the Xbox One. The trick of it is it looks like a trash can... BUT IT ISN'T (a trash can)... BUT IT IS!!! (something to store trash in/on) :psycho:

I just realize that what I just said is pretty deep. Cool. :shades:

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Seriously though, EA could stick with Microsoft and I would care less. They deserve each other.

They're a good couple, but not one that I wannna see any PDA from.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
This is what Microsoft needs to do with their current Xbox One plans for the console (Xbox One is represented by Justin Bieber in this video).

It's probably not brutal enough, but at least it's a start.
I honestly really want to see someone try to defend Microsoft and the Xbox One more than anything
Fox News did it, but it failed... BECAUSE IT IS FOX NEWS!!! /burn (that's right; that right there is the original hash tag you Twitter folkies; yes I used a stupid word, but I MADE IT SO HIGH UP THE HIP CHARTS THAT IT'S A CERTIFIED MAJOR ORGAN!!)

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
The things you miss when you have work.

Well, I don't think I'll ever get the Xbox One Big Waste of Our Time.

Really. Everything it can do a WII U or PS4 can do better.

What was that about a rumor for a new Nintendo Direct? Didn't quite catch that.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
^^^ All you missed was pain, agony, and the stinging feeling of defeat, betrayal, and pure unadulterated greed.
So Microsoft didn't just shoot themselves in the foot.
They ****ing took an atom bomb to it.
You seem to be underestimating the situation.
I think it is impossible to overestimate the situation if Microsoft doesn't correct this ASAP. Otherwise, Microsoft is facing an impending doom in the console market.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom