• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Xbox One Night Stand. You play with it once and never see it again.

I thought that up in like 4 seconds, bear with me.
If you want to see it again used or as another user, you have to pay for the whole thing all over again.
Yeah, EA has upcoming stuff for all platforms. Even the Wii U. Oh joy.

The only ones confirmed for PS4 are the sports ones. EA and Microsoft do seem to be made for each other though... :smirk:
Hopefully EA and Microsoft have all their awfulness die with each other's failures, and they get their terrible people running (and ruining the show) fired, and get their acts together.

But more realistically, they're gonna die (in the gaming industry).

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
You're doing it wrong.
I think, when I thought that, my brain went all Microsoft and I became really stupid for a split second. I'm fine now, but... That was almost a near-death experience. :chuckle:

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
And then you have the Xbox Wonder Chef make a delicious dude-bro soup.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Xbox One Night Stand. You play with it once and never see it again.

I thought that up in like 4 seconds, bear with me.
Your friends are going to have to pay a used fee
LOL it sounds like we're doing a game from Who's Line is it Anyway

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Your friends are going to have to pay a used fee
LOL it sounds like we're doing a game from Who's Line is it Anyway
So the Xbox One Size Fits All is whoring itself out to get more ***** sales?

I am on freaking fire.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Welp, this has been an eventful night for me, catch you all later cause I'm going to bed.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Xbox One Foot in the Grave: Disappointing Fanbases Since 2013.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
XBOX One more time of having a great system and wonderful exclusive games

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
And then get too close to the sun and crash to the ground.

Platsy

Smash Mouth
NNID
Cyani-Oxide
Considering how much that presentation was centered around TV, you could say this is the Xbox One Trick Pony.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Microsoft is going to XBOX One Hit KO it's competitors

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I'll show you Freezie Pop, I have more puns than an ant - if an ant was this biiiiiiiiiiiiiig.

DarkShadow20

Smash Ace
Not sure if this has already been posted or not, but:

http://www.tssznews.com/2013/05/21/rumor-sources-claim-on-nintendos-future-lineup/

"They will also show a pretty shocking teaser for Smash Bros U/3DS. The game will feature sightly different gameplay than older instalments of the Smash Bros series. The 3DS version will be very different to the W ii U one, content wise. There will be a few newcomer characters shown at the teaser: Little Mac, Takamaru, Tom Nook, Palutena, Dark Pit ( the source says he is not sure if it’s a transformation for Pit like Zelda/Sheik or a standalone character), and Bayonetta."

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004

http://www.tssznews.com/2013/05/21/rumor-sources-claim-on-nintendos-future-lineup/

"They will also show a pretty shocking teaser for Smash Bros U/3DS. The game will feature sightly different gameplay than older instalments of the Smash Bros series. The 3DS version will be very different to the W ii U one, content wise. There will be a few newcomer characters shown at the teaser: Little Mac, Takamaru, Tom Nook, Palutena, Dark Pit ( the source says he is not sure if it’s a transformation for Pit like Zelda/Sheik or a standalone character), and Bayonetta."
I don't listen to rumors when it's so close to E3 unless it has a good and reliable source.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

Other than the part about Smash (I have trouble believing we'll get two new KI characters, whether one is a transformation or not, and both in the trailer - Nook and Bayonetta are unlikely choices too), it seems believable, to an extent, but I just can't buy it. Mostly due to Smash. If it's true, like the article says, I will be shocked.

EDIT: Read it again, apparently this information was given prior to Mario Kart and 3D Mario being announced to be playable at E3, which means pre-January. In light of that, yeah, this is fake. No way the leaker would know this kind of specific E3 information so early.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Apparently, people who watched the livestream on their Xbox had their Kinects quit because it responded to the livestream's commands. :chuckle:

D

Deleted member

>Dark Pit

Eww, though considering we saw a Tweet where Sakurai had a figurine of him alongside other Smash characters, I really wouldn't be that surprised.

Also,
Third parties will not change too much on their treat with Nintendo, although there will be a few important multiplatform games who will be at Nintendo consoles too. One of them will be a really important third party IP who will turn exclusive to Nintendo in a similar way ofBayonetta 2 did. It will also create loads of drama like the Sega’s witch exclusivity deal did. The source has not disclosed if this IP is coming from the Sega X Nintendo deal or not.
What the hell is he implying here? My first hope went to Banjo, but he's not 3rd party... Considering that SEGA mention at the end, I'm inclined to believe he's referring to a SEGA character. Sonic? No ****ing way, SEGA would NEVER give up their mascot, it's the only thing keeping the ALIVE.

Other than that I'm hard pressed to think of a 3rd party IP that would cause that much drama... I mean, maybe Megaman, truly Ninty would treat him better than Capcom, but that would also never happen.

Dunno, this rumor is way too farfetched for my liking. It's too damn specific and claims to know way too much inside info for it to be true. I smell bull****.

Anyway, assuming it's true, what 3rd party IP do you think they might be referring to?

D

Deleted member

Anyone notice that the character Bayonetta is involved with all of these rumors?
To be fair, it's only been two rumors. Considering that both sources are likely false, I don't think it means anything.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Anyone notice that the character Bayonetta is involved with all of these rumors?
Probably because this was a continuation of the Sonic racing rumor that said Sonic and Bayonetta would be in Smash, and because it's from a Sega site.

D

Deleted member

Bayonetta confirmed for Smash 4?

It seems more like wistful thinking...

Aren't all the rumors from the same sources? Also, last I checked it seems Bayo ain't SEGA's property. I think these rumors stem from the fact that people think the Ninty-SEGA partnership boosts her chances. I would know as that was MY train of thought before I did a bit of research. But like I said, SEGA doesn't get the final call on what happens with Bayo's IP, that would be Kamiya and Plat Games. At least as far as I've been able to discern until proven otherwise.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Anyway, assuming it's true, what 3rd party IP do you think they might be referring to?
The first thing my mind went to was Kingdom Hearts, if only because there have already been quite a few rumors of it (for some reason) becoming a Nintendo exclusive, when... in all likelihood in never will. That would cause butthurt like no other. Truthfully though, if Bayonetta can be a Nintendo exclusive, who knows what else can be.

Either way, the rumor is definitely fake, so it's pretty much just pointless guessing. Which is always fun. :awesome:
Bayonetta confirmed for Smash 4?

It seems more like wistful thinking...

Aren't all the rumors from the same sources? Also, last I checked it seems Bayo ain't SEGA's property. I think these rumors stem from the fact that people think the Ninty-SEGA partnership boosts her chances. I would know as that was MY train of thought before I did a bit of research. But like I said, SEGA doesn't get the final call on what happens with Bayo's IP, that would be Kamiya and Plat Games. At least as far as I've been able to discern until proven otherwise.
Even if she's not Sega's property, most of the fans don't know that, so they still treat her like she is, therefore Sega sites are more likely to add her to their fake "leaked" rosters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom