• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
My internet committed a Yoshimitsu style Seppuku, good thing he gets right back up.

Pokemon strategy? The competitive scene is actually pretty hype, revolving around the website called Pokemon Showdown.

Roar is actually amazing, according to my rank 1800+ friend.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
They should just cut both dogs in half. Problem solved
Banjo's attorney suggested that but neither one wanted the butt ends.

Lets do it then, we have time to kill, it sure beats another FE discussion.
What are the game mechanics?
Here's my take on the arcade beat 'em up style:
- Jump, grab and 2 attack buttons; normals (A) and specials (B) with same directional commands as in Smash.
- No shields or dodges (though some characters would have specials that grant invincibility or something)
- Normals can be linked into true combos/strings.
- Special attacks (B) require meter which is built up as you kill off enemies.
- A full combo kill gives X1.4 special regardless of special usage.
- Enemies killed off via special give 1/3 of normal meter gain.
- Full meter = Final Smash (A+B)
- Only one player can hold a Final Smash at a time.
- Grabs on enemies are only possible when enemy is lower than 40% health or stunned.
- Grabs finish off an opponent but leave you wide open.
- Bosses can't be grabbed.
- Specific aerials act as air dashes.
- HP based "stocks"
I'd prefer a flat 3D style game but since we've all criticized Subspace (because it SUCKED) it would be interesting to see our takes on a 2D beat 'em up.

You should come up with the traditional fighting style game mechanics since you're better versed in that type of game than I am. The only things I know about trad fighters are SF2 and Noel's CT combos, lol. Kuma's version of a traditional 2D smash would also be interesting. Hell, his take on a 3D fighter Smash would also be great!

D

Deleted member

SaiGAR continues.

Here's today's Quarterfinalists for the manliest men of vidya:

Banjo's attorney suggested that but neither one wanted the butt ends.

Here's my take on the arcade beat 'em up style:
- Jump, grab and 2 attack buttons; normals (A) and specials (B) with same directional commands as in Smash.
- No shields or dodges (though some characters would have specials that grant invincibility or something)
- Normals can be linked into true combos/strings.
- Special attacks (B) require meter which is built up as you kill off enemies.
- A full combo kill gives X1.4 special regardless of special usage.
- Enemies killed off via special give 1/3 of normal meter gain.
- Full meter = Final Smash (A+B)
- Only one player can hold a Final Smash at a time.
- Grabs on enemies are only possible when enemy is lower than 40% health or stunned.
- Grabs finish off an opponent but leave you wide open.
- Bosses can't be grabbed.
- Specific aerials act as air dashes.
- HP based "stocks"
I'd prefer a flat 3D style game but since we've all criticized Subspace (because it SUCKED) it would be interesting to see our takes on a 2D beat 'em up.

You should come up with the traditional fighting style game mechanics since you're better versed in that type of game than I am. The only things I know about trad fighters are SF2 and Noel's CT combos, lol. Kuma's version of a traditional 2D smash would also be interesting. Hell, his take on a 3D fighter Smash would also be great!
Hmm, I like some of those ideas. I'll see if I can write something up for tomorrow, I have some ideas cooked up too.

D

Deleted member

F***, I missed voting on Terry vs. Rugal. Not that it would have mattered....
I learned something from that.

ARE YOU OKAY?

BUSTA WOLF!!

Now I REALLY wanna get into KoF

Also, Terry won by a landslide.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Terry survived Rugal's Genocide CUTTAH!

Terry is indeed manly.

Also, looking at the chart, it seems that Sol and Duke Nukem will face each other. That will be one hell of a match.

D

Deleted member

I can't really tell, can I please have a link?
Samus had better made it... lol
Samus got removed and replaced by Rance before the tournament due to popular demand.

The argument was, she's not a man and Rance should have been in, as a Rance fan, I gave them a chance that if enough support for Rance was gathered he would replace Samus.

That was yesterday.

Here's today's 4chan thread:
https://boards.4chan.org/v/res/190570241#p190586721

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
Samus got removed and replaced by Rance before the tournament due to popular demand.

The argument was, she's not a man and Rance should have been in, as a Rance fan, I gave them a chance that if enough support for Rance was gathered he would replace Samus.

That was yesterday.

Here's today's 4chan thread:
https://boards.4chan.org/v/res/190570241#p190586721
Huh, some intelligence from there for once. IMPOSSIBRU!!!

I wasn't really expecting her to proceed; but dang, it would've been hillarious if she did.
Thanks for the link.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
I don't like you, FastBlade5035.

To me, Smash Bros is canon in and of itself, but outside, everything else is canon to THEMselves because, technically, side games or comics that are considered non canon by their creators are canon in their own universe. (clearly you don't care because you will repeat yourself by saying "nope, not canon, your argument is invalid" again which is the basis for the one of the worst kind of users on smashboards, at least in my opinion. the worst are the derp.) (fan fiction is also considered canon to itself as well because it is what it is, it just isn't canon to the main canon... basically, canon means official, so in this form, this non canon fan fic is official in it's own world... think multiverse, is that so hard?)

furthermore, everything i say in this regard is and has always been my opinion, therefore take of anything as you will, just don't be a douche about it. You can have your own opinion based on my opinion, and yes, what you have is an opinion, everything you have said has never been fact and i just want to make sure you realize this before you continue.
(everything you said to me sounds/reads like you are the "be all". this is why i don't like you. feel free to have mutual feelings until further experiences.)

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
You don´t like him for not agreeing with you or having different opinions...?

D

Deleted member

^^^^ Uhmm....

What are we arguing about?

Anyway. I'm going to bed...

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
SaiGAR continues.

Here's today's Quarterfinalists for the manliest men of vidya:

Hmm, I like some of those ideas. I'll see if I can write something up for tomorrow, I have some ideas cooked up too.
Did Machamp seriously move on? What if that poor Machamp is female? You would be making it feel terrible.

Buncha buttheads. :troll:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Good idea. It´s late, and work could call for me to come tomorrow.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
I don't like you, FastBlade5035.

To me, Smash Bros is canon in and of itself, but outside, everything else is canon to THEMselves because, technically, side games or comics that are considered non canon by their creators are canon in their own universe. (clearly you don't care because you will repeat yourself by saying "nope, not canon, your argument is invalid" again which is the basis for the one of the worst kind of users on smashboards, at least in my opinion. the worst are the derp.) (fan fiction is also considered canon to itself as well because it is what it is, it just isn't canon to the main canon... basically, canon means official, so in this form, this non canon fan fic is official in it's own world... think multiverse, is that so hard?)

furthermore, everything i say in this regard is and has always been my opinion, therefore take of anything as you will, just don't be a douche about it. You can have your own opinion based on my opinion, and yes, what you have is an opinion, everything you have said has never been fact and i just want to make sure you realize this before you continue.
(everything you said to me sounds/reads like you are the "be all". this is why i don't like you. feel free to have mutual feelings until further experiences.)
Your tears are delicious.

And for the record, I have no idea what kind of cluster**** I just read. Capitalization, pls.
And on the "be all", it's called the internet. There's no such thing as sounds, thus the reason why no one ever gets my sarcasm, (though I wasn't being sarcastic earlier.)
So, is this thread the free-for-all thread, or is there a topic?
I hope not, this is too fun.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
technically, this is a social thread. there is no topic, the users make something to talk about and then they forum it up in this *****.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
C´mon Bros. no need to Smash each others heads in.

Lamest pun ever.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Augusto is actually a robot, don't worry about it.

I hope these CALCULATIONS of mine are right. I think I found a way to factor in different VOLUMES for my MATERIAL MEN. So a large, fat man would weigh much more than the standard I had been working with before. Like a 440 pound man as Osmium would weigh 5 tons. I'm so excited.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
Augusto is actually a robot, don't worry about it.
Not sure if serious...
I mean, those tears were quite authentic. If the bots are that advanced, then... I don't know what I'll do. How do I know if YOUR not a bot? What if I'M a bot? WE'RE ALL BOTSS!!!!#1111!!!
I love this thread.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
I don't know about you guys but I'm going to E3 again and a lot of my personal friends aren't.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
If it was a Sonic Riders game, seems unlikely Sumo would be working on it, therefore seems unlikely they'd be tweeting about it. Also, it's possible, but considering it's going to be playable this E3, I have trouble believing MK is going to release in 2014. This rumor smells false to me, but like most of them, we'll have to wait and see.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I lied, not asleep yet, so lets talk about something not drama.

Maybe a slowpoke here but:

http://www.tssznews.com/2013/05/20/rumour-sources-claim-info-on-the-seganintendo-alliance/

Bayonetta and more SEGA characters confirmed for Smash?

We'll find out in about 2 weeks.
If this is true, the only characters that immediately come to mind for consideration would be Bayonetta, Tails, and Akira Yuki from Virtua Fighter who'd blend in perfectly with the rest of the bland characters.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Actually........ I could also expect to see Bayonetta now.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
I just hope that it's:

1. Not just Sonic from SEGA.

AND

2. Not just Mario from Nintendo.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Wouldn't mind a Bayonetta, though at the same time we can't really trust a rumor until it comes true.

Also slightly off topic to that rumor, but I would find it very ironic if Bayonetta was a hard counter to Pit and Palutena hypothetically in Super Smash Bros.

D

Deleted member

So many rumors, so little time.

I might as well make my own.
There will be a certain big-headed creature designed only for killing smashing. Contrary to what you might think, it's neither M.O.D.O.K. nor Hulk.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
So many rumors!

Alright, honestly, I'm a pretty laid back guy, but I'd be really upset if Bayonetta got in, and Mega Man didn't. I'm one of those people that doesn't particularly care for Bayonetta anyway, but come on man. That's just a bit much.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I want to make a MLP version of my character and I don't even care for MLP

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
So many rumors, so little time.

I might as well make my own.
There will be a certain big-headed creature designed only for killing smashing. Contrary to what you might think, it's neither M.O.D.O.K. nor Hulk.
Was it a Titan? I mean, their heads are big. And speaking of Attack on Titan, I recently found where to read it, and I'm surprised to see that the anime adapts only one chapter per episode.

So many rumors!

Alright, honestly, I'm a pretty laid back guy, but I'd be really upset if Bayonetta got in, and Mega Man didn't. I'm one of those people that doesn't particularly care for Bayonetta anyway, but come on man. That's just a bit much.
Personally, I'd find Bayonetta more exciting from a gameplay standpoint. Still, Megaman will always be a better pick than Pacman.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom