• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Samus in Melee is good. She is done right. Her projectiles have to be feared once more. She should have a good long range game with up close attacks that knock enemies back into her killing zone.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Manly that post was about only the aesthetic part of the movesets. Obviously I take for granted that in this reboot, the characters are all perfectly balanced.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Yeah, I know. Pit is probably the most OP Nintendo character ever.
Not quite, he still needs gods to properly do the work for him. This includes weapons, powers, and even flight. Without the power of gods by his side providing him with all sorts of toys, he's a fairly flimsy character.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
Not quite, he still needs gods to properly do the work for him. This includes weapons, powers, and even flight. Without the power of gods by his side providing him with all sorts of toys, he's a fairly flimsy character.
Well, yeah. I was assuming he was at max. (Though, when I debate, I assume everyone is at max.) My fault.
In this instance, Gigyas takes the title.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Roy is strongest cause his B moves does 50%, should go without saying.

Still think Mewtwo is da bes actually

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
You know, I was active in a 'canon-Smash tier list' debate thread years back on here. There was this dude called _clinton who argued Lucas MUST ABSOLUTELY be God-tier cause of Mother 3's ending, Lucas being able to make a wish to the Dragon and all. And no mather how many times I told him that's total bull****, he refused to listen.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Not really; the characters in Smash are trophies in Melee and Brawl, and are toys in 64, if I'm not mistaken.

Besides, 3/4 of the roster could NEVER, EVER, make a scratch on Samus, EVER.
This reminds me how the trophy concept in Brawl could've been handled much better in the story mode.

King from Tekken

vs.

Bang from Blazblue,

Who's the manlier man?
Mr. Kitty because he takes care of kids and chose not to kill that hairy man when he had the chance.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I'm a faillure who can't even complete Majora with a walkthrough. Don't talk to me about this.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
For those that browse 4chan, /v/ is hyped as **** right now about Super Smash Bros. and the return of Japan Time. The day that a unstable foundation can bond together towards one goal, and that is Super Smash Bros. It's might not sound like much, but it's one of the very rare occasions where /v/ is not ********, and it's actually pretty beautiful. But not just for 4chan, but also for the entire internet as a whole. Japan Time is something else that we cannot fathom by words alone, but regardless we embrace it like a religion.

Prepare yourselves, the storm is coming with a vengeance.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
I'm a faillure who can't even complete Majora with a walkthrough. Don't talk to me about this.
Na Na being serious man..
Are you being serious? I had to consult a guide a few times when playing Ocarina...well it was my first time and im not really Zelda experinced..only beaten Phantom Hourglass and got to the last boss on Spirit Tracks and gave up...although i know them 2 DS Zelda's are alot easier than the 3D one's...damn i suck at Zelda...

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
all of these this character can beat this character are rather dumb... I mean that's why Smash bros exists so you can have your this character versus this character. characters are characters and it is up to the user to determine how* they beat them in a battle of sumo wrestling on final destination 1v1... or 1v3 with the 4 swords and one less color swap... well, that might change in Smash 4.

Now... this mysterious user is the real factor to why Samus can beat Ganondorf or why Ganondorf can beat Samus, personally, it is rather difficult in brawl to defeat (insert good opponent here) when he uses Samus because of G-dorf's mobility, but it does happen sometimes due to user error.

Now, errors are never added into accounts of 1v1 but they really should because they really affect the outcome! Not to mention dying, respawning/reloading the save/save state reload/etc, and retrying. Samus would have died against that hard mode version of Chykka at the mid point of the game probably because the user didn't pick up enough energy tanks that they needed for when they confronted the boss fight. when samus kept dying (note, this means she lost to a character) she came back with more information. she knew what to do, what to avoid, where to shoot.

Samus isn't this over powered being, she has the suit, yes... then why do we die? why for the weirdest things like some baby Sheegoth that you really wanted to kill for some extra hp so you stuck around trying to kill it?

do you think maybe someone like Goku could have killed Superman if he wasn't so nice and wanted a fair fight so he removed the kryptonite from the equation (which in retrospect shouldn't have been there in the first place)? I mean sure, Spiderman has the brawns to decapitate a batman, but would he really KILL using his brawns? Spiderman would never kill using his pure strength, spiderman is still peter parker, not Doctor Octopus. and yet, they made goku be himself. these situational events really just show how important personality and environments make the fight.

whenever we make a "this character vs this character" scenario, what does it look like? is it a Blank Universe of nothingness where there's no where to hide? is it your biased-preferred character's world so they get the home team advantage?

this is a RANT. and i'm sorry that i didn't realize this sooner... also... i lost my train of thought somewhere, but you get my point. the characters are what the games make them out to be (is that what my point was?)

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
For those that browse 4chan, /v/ is hyped as **** right now about Super Smash Bros. and the return of Japan Time. The day that a unstable foundation can bond together towards one goal, and that is Super Smash Bros. It's might not sound like much, but it's one of the very rare occasions where /v/ is not ********, and it's actually pretty beautiful. But not just for 4chan, but also for the entire internet as a whole. Japan Time is something else that we cannot fathom by words alone, but regardless we embrace it like a religion.

Prepare yourselves, the storm is coming with a vengeance.
Am in the thread. It´s quite hillarious.

And yes Phazon, I´m actually serious.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
all of these this character can beat this character are rather dumb... I mean that's why Smash bros exists so you can have your this character versus this character. characters are characters and it is up to the user to determine how* they beat them in a battle of sumo wrestling on final destination 1v1... or 1v3 with the 4 swords and one less color swap... well, that might change in Smash 4.

Now... this mysterious user is the real factor to why Samus can beat Ganondorf or why Ganondorf can beat Samus, personally, it is rather difficult in brawl to defeat (insert good opponent here) when he uses Samus because of G-dorf's mobility, but it does happen sometimes due to user error.

Now, errors are never added into accounts of 1v1 but they really should because they really affect the outcome! Not to mention dying, respawning/reloading the save/save state reload/etc, and retrying. Samus would have died against that hard mode version of Chykka at the mid point of the game probably because the user didn't pick up enough energy tanks that they needed for when they confronted the boss fight. when samus kept dying (note, this means she lost to a character) she came back with more information. she knew what to do, what to avoid, where to shoot.

Samus isn't this over powered being, she has the suit, yes... then why do we die? why for the weirdest things like some baby Sheegoth that you really wanted to kill for some extra hp so you stuck around trying to kill it?

do you think maybe someone like Goku could have killed Superman if he wasn't so nice and wanted a fair fight so he removed the kryptonite from the equation (which in retrospect shouldn't have been there in the first place)? I mean sure, Spiderman has the brawns to decapitate a batman, but would he really KILL using his brawns? Spiderman would never kill using his pure strength, spiderman is still peter parker, not Doctor Octopus. and yet, they made goku be himself. these situational events really just show how important personality and environments make the fight.

whenever we make a "this character vs this character" scenario, what does it look like? is it a Blank Universe of nothingness where there's no where to hide? is it your biased-preferred character's world so they get the home team advantage?

this is a RANT. and i'm sorry that i didn't realize this sooner... also... i lost my train of thought somewhere, but you get my point. the characters are what the games make them out to be (is that what my point was?)
No they aren't.
Smash Bros. Isn't, cannot, will not, and shan't not ever be canon.
More Smash talk. non canon, blah blah blah.

Now I get started.
Samus IS overpowered. Her pea shooter outclasses a freaking nuke. Nuff said.
We die cause we are mortal. Duh.
Sheegoth is out to kill you, so you kill it first.
Nope, Goku would still lose. (come at me haters)

Oh, and the rules of Death Battle states that all personality traits that would prevent killing are removed. So yeah, everyone's bloodlusted.

Yep, blank scenario unless a specific arena is chosen.
I didn't get the point.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
So Samus can kill Goku now?

Why is every regular on here talking about Goku now?

NEWFAGS ARE SUPPOSED TO DO THIS! YOU SHOULD KNOW BETTER! :mad088:

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
So Samus can kill Goku now?

Why is every regular on here talking about Goku now?

NEW***S ARE SUPPOSED TO DO THIS! YOU SHOULD KNOW BETTER! :mad088:
Never said that.

I dunno, but I don't like it, so let's discuss this:

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Why can Pikachu Wall Jump? Well, it's because Pikachu is actually the Pichu in Melee, just evolved. Actually, here's my theory as to why the cuts didn't make it into Brawl.

We all know that Bowser's actually the milkman, though he's also a prankster, as he urinates in people's milk bottles. Just gotta let you guys know.

When Mewtwo, Roy, Dr. Mario, Pichu, and Young Link all went through the SSBB auditions and as they waited for the results, the gullible Roy accidentally drank some milk that Bowser urinated in. Roy got explosive vomiting, looking like he might be very sick for a while. However, the Doc became concerned and stayed behind to help Roy and find a cure.

Before the auditions, Young Link took a trip to Toontown and came back looking more cartoony.

The Pikachu in Melee got captured by Team Rocket (without anyone knowing), and Pichu actually evolved right before the auditions. So of course the new Pikachu made it in.

Mewtwo was the only one that actually didn't make it in; he was cut and replaced by a bipedal jackal with blue ballz and teh aurah. Oh, and carrying Mewtwo's mother as well. :151:

It might be a crazy theory, but I think some parts make sense and do fit in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom