• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

volbound1700

Smash Master
Going on the comments of who could beat who in Smash based on Canon.

Mario could so beat Ganondorf, he did in Stupid Mario Brothers :). (He simply got the Mastersword from Link).

It is not like the other characters could find a way to get weapons to defeat Ganon or Samus' suit.

However, no one could beat Pichu. Absolutely no one.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Phazon will you stop acting like a complete dip**** for once?

I agree wholeheartedly. As we'll get all the dumb users here (presumably) and they see you acting like this, who knows what kind of example they'll be doing throughout this forums even more. In anycase, the result would be just a pure chaos of immature retardedness.

You know what, I could just ask M&S Guy to warn people for posting ingrammatic nonsense posts.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Iyt man sorry naa i did say i would never do it again but feels soo maughty because i know its wrong forbidden likr some dirty fetish real talk...im ok

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
C'mon guys let my homie Dark Pheezy do his thing!
I guess i'm the only one enjoying his entertainment

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Can't call something entertainment if it's nothing but nonsensical posts that clog this thread.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Several Sonic fans have already said that site has a huge tendency to make up a bunch of fake rumors to generate traffic. I would take it with a huge grain of salt. Heck, they even said they put up false information up without even labelling them as rumors.

>le Reddit nearly 50% of the votes

That explains all the **** taste... Of course, /v/ of today wouldn't be much different considering more users today are NeoGAFers, GameFAQ kiddies, and Redditors.
)
I don't see how the the taste is "****". The Top 10 ranking is not different from last time aside from a few shufflings, and Paper Mario and Banjo being there. Even the Top 20 consists mostly of big name characters with the only exception being Skull Kid.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I also see that a lot of new members are joining.
It has begun! Everyone to the storm cellars! Brace yourselves!

Also, if we really, really *have* to have another Sonic rep, I'm down with Tails or Robotnik, but no one else. Possibly Shadow. Knuckles fans, don't be mad, but those 3 fit the criteria. (closest ally, villain, rival.)

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I suppose... But onto a new topic: Did anyone else see the Xbox1?
I did. Not super impressed, but the presentation clearly wasn't made with me in mind, and I've never cared about XBox/MS systems.

Oh, and I have to get this out of my system now:

"Go home XBox, you're drunk."

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I did. Not super impressed, but the presentation clearly wasn't made with me in mind, and I've never cared about XBox/MS systems.

Same. All of their announcements seem to be more geared towards TV content which seems to be more competition for DirectTV and Comcast rather than Nintendo and Sony.

And you got to pay a 'used system fee' if you want to buy a used xbox1 off of ebay

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493

I was just sitting there boo'ing EA off the stage, myself. The system itself is visually pretty sleek looking, but man that reveal...

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I was just sitting there boo'ing EA off the stage, myself. The system itself is visually pretty sleek looking, but man that reveal...
Keep in mind this reveal probably wasn't meant for core gamers. I imagine they're saving the stuff their core audience cares about for E3.

Watching the post stream on Screwattack. Man I want pizza....

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
We shouldn't really make a fuss over a rumor considering that's what it is, a simple rumor. I will say that in 2 weeks or so that the rumor will be debunked when the first screens of Super Smash Bros. If Bayonetta is truly going to make an appearance, logically they would display her for the first trailer to generate hype in a vein to Snake.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I found it hilarious they had Microsoft employees at the back cheering (they did, people there were tweeting it). Every time they showed the journalists and media at the front, very few people were applauding.

Anyway, not a huge focus on games, and the ones they showed didn't do anything for me, so... not yet convinced to pick this One up. ;)
I do wish Nintendo had 8 new series in the launch year though.

And yeah, Phazon is annoying, I wish he would stop.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
We shouldn't really make a fuss over a rumor considering that's what it is, a simple rumor. I will say that in 2 weeks or so that the rumor will be debunked when the first screens of Super Smash Bros. If Bayonetta is truly going to make an appearance, logically they would display her for the first trailer to generate hype in a vein to Snake.
Oh no, that's true. I just sort of figure that given the new partnership between Nintendo/Sega, I wouldn't honestly be surprised if we got a second Sonic rep. However, that's probably not something we'd see in a reveal trailer anyway. As for Bayonetta, I'm just going to keep hoping against hope...

@Shin No, you're right, it was a more "Hey, look at our tech!" show. Still, a few more titles would've been nice. The PS4 conference at least did THAT.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Oh hey, MS just confirmed that the XBox One(dumb name btw) will NOT always be online.
I honestly thought Infinity was a really good name. Wish they'd gone with that. Good news about the Always-On stuff, it's good to see terrifying rumors die.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Am over at a McDonalds using their WiFi. Surprisingly it seems that my computer is fine, it's only at home where I run into problems. :confused: Something's definitely wrong with my router. But anyway to quick respond to things I've noticed while lurking the past few days:

@Bayonetta Rumor: Definitely seems like something that could make some sense given that "Sakurai at Platinum Games" a while back, but I'm still not buying it just yet. As for Bayonetta herself, I still don't want to see her in Smash, and while I would always be a tad disappointed, I'd definitely be butthurt at first but then get over it 5 minutes later.

Doubt you'll be seeing Megaman.
...For free anyway.
Just for the record, it would best to ignore this guy if you haven't already seen this thread.

Welcome to any newcomers from the past few days. :)

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I found it hilarious they had Microsoft employees at the back cheering (they did, people there were tweeting it). Every time they showed the journalists and media at the front, very few people were applauding.

Anyway, not a huge focus on games, and the ones they showed didn't do anything for me, so... not yet convinced to pick this One up. ;)
I do wish Nintendo had 8 new series in the launch year though.
Wow really staged cheer leading... talk about lame.
They just talked a lot TV stuff, like new Halo show and exclusive NFL stuff.
I agree Nintendo better bring a variety of games. To be honest Smash Bros will be exciting to see but I need to see a lot more from them than just Mario, Kart.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
You have way too much confidence in Isaac and the golden sun series

D

Deleted member

I lied, not asleep yet, so lets talk about something not drama.

Maybe a slowpoke here but:

http://www.tssznews.com/2013/05/20/rumour-sources-claim-info-on-the-seganintendo-alliance/

Bayonetta and more SEGA characters confirmed for Smash?

We'll find out in about 2 weeks.
Considering that it mentions Mario Kart Wii-U's release date in 2014, I doubt this rumor is true.

But if it is, I wouldn't object to see Bayonetta in Smash since she would be interesting to see, although I'd much prefer to see Tails as the 2nd Sonic rep. That said, I'll agree with Kuma is that Bayonetta would be much better than Pac-Man.
It's still hilarious that the only example we have of Sakurai stating he looked at sales as part of his decision for a character's inclusion was for a character whose game sold poorly yet made it in anyway.
This. Sales argument is one of the worst arguments that come up for a character and has been destroyed in more than one way.
I definitely agree with you and would rather have any of those characters over Bayonetta, but realistically it is a good move for Nintendo to put her in. She is a female "bad ***" character that is meant to be eye candy for the "hardcore" audience. Brawl had ZSS, but this is a step further since she is from a 3rd party M rated game. This also might have the bonus of warming up Nintendo fans to the character just in time for Bayonetta 2. Like I said I'd really rather her not be here, but her inclusion is very likely imo and is a smart move on Ninty's part.
I don't think you'll have to worry about Bayonetta getting in because I really don't see her happening.

First off, being a female doesn't mean anything. People assumed in Brawl that because Sakurai talked about having more females when commenting on Zero Suit Samus that there would be a flood of female newcomers, but that didn't happen. Brawl should have proven that Sakurai doesn't care about female status.

She also suffers from being a relatively obscure character. Bayonetta was about to die after Sega said they were only going to focus on their most profitable IPs due to economic issues and had to be saved by Nintendo. Sakurai also won't add a third-party character to warm people up to her, she has to get in by her own merits and she doesn't have much to show in comparison to other third-party characters like Mega Man, a Namco rep, or Layton.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Speaking of XBOX1, I've constantly seen people in GameFAQs still saying and calling Wii U all kinds of living dead-nouns or just underpowered and so on. Ah man, I just hope the tides turn for Wii U soon enough.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I heard Sony stocked jumped. after the press conference LOL!

Well guys the stage has been set. E3 is anyone's game now.
* Sony has got something to prove to the world that they can bring compelling games.
* Nintendo has a chip on it's shoulder and need to prove that it can still compete.
* Microsoft is trying to convince people to stay on their platform.

bobadz

Smash Ace
Speaking of XBOX1, I've constantly seen people still saying and calling Wii U all kinds of living dead-nouns or just underpowered and so on. Ah man, I just hope the tides turn for Wii U soon enough.
Really? It doesn't look that much more powerful then the wii u.

Plus all they showed were sports, tv shows, sports games, a movie trailer disguised as a game trailer, and call of duty 9001.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Pretty reasonable charts vicgur, I like em. The only things on the first chart I very much doubt we'll get is GS4 (due to Camelot working on golf) and F-Zero (due to Miyamoto's recent comments about it).

Also, I'd totally buy Pirate Ducks. Oh wait...

Well... I'll buy this anyway. :p

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Didn't watch the Xbox conference, so what in particular was bad about it or the console itself?

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Ukiki: You certainly nailed it there. Might stay watchin' the other conferences just to see what'll they do...

Also reposting this because Drunk Phazon just took away the attention from it:

I'm just wondering, since it's hard anyway to implement 3rd parties during development (as we've seen from Sonic's implementation delaying the game and Snake being planned wholly before-hand the development of Brawl, if I'm correct), why are these people spewing rumors about "realistic 3rd parties" having this idea about addition of 3rd parties being seemingly so easy as to even call so far to be "realistic" to happen? I could just say that a Namco-character would seem most realistic at this point, and since not much directed it to be Pac-Man so far (so he could be added late in the development unless he's been implemented already at this point) then I dunno what's with people expecting certain characters to show up right from the start (like lolmoreSEGAandPlatinumcharactersnow).
I could say true suprise would be Megaman and someone else we have not much about thoughts about or aren't really expecting (Could be any 3rd party we thought at this point though.)

Also due this, I'm slightly starting to notice why now Tales Of-rep seems now a possibility (due being mentioned and also Namdai being in the boat at the start with the producers from Tales Of-games).

Just pointing it out, because it weirds me when people speak about 3rd party additions like they'd be a big cakewalk and so easy to do just to appeal them when they never weren't.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Didn't watch the Xbox conference, so what in particular was bad about it or the console itself?
It seems to be focusing more on Steven Spielberg and NFL rather than games.
I am assuming that they are saving the games for E3, but i'm unsure how many of those games are compelling AAA games or just Kinect Sports/Kinectimals sequels.

I will say the controller looks very sleek.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom