• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
And then there's the fact people misinterpret Kamek as the main villain of the series, when that's Baby Bowser (except when adult Bowser goes back in time to cause mayhem).

But no....Baby Bowser is clone, so Kamek is 110% betters!!!
Baby Bowser isn't the main villain. being the final boss doesn't make him the main villain. It's Kamek the entire game halting your progress, and kidnapping Mario. Bowser is just a bratty baby in the game

D

Deleted member

Baby Bowser isn't the main villain. being the final boss doesn't make him the main villain. It's Kamek the entire game halting your progress, and kidnapping Mario. Bowser is just a bratty baby in the game
Yes, because I remember Kamek was the one who turned Yoshi's Island into a picture book and stole the Super Happy Tree in Yoshi's Story.
Oh wait, that was Baby Bowser. Kamek wasn't in the game at all.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
The reason why far more people ask for Kamek than Baby Bowser is that there is already Bowser Jr. as the kid version of Bowser as a choice.

Bowser Jr. becoming as popular as he has is the real story among the Mario newcomer scene. During pre-Brawl he was actually a pretty divisive character.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
At present, Kamek is in more Yoshi games than Baby Bowser, so at least it can be agreed that he has a bigger role.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Yes, because I remember Kamek was the one who turned Yoshi's Island into a picture book and stole the Super Happy Tree in Yoshi's Story.
Oh wait, that was Baby Bowser. Kamek wasn't in the game at all.
One game=/=The entire series.

Kamek has been the main antagonist for more games than Baby Bowser.

Heck Baby Bowser was a hero at one point.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Thinking about it, Bowser Jr., Waluigi, and Toad all have far more requests now than they did during the pre-Brawl days. Its only Paper Mario that remained flat (pun intended) in terms of popularity. Geno of course has crashed big time in popularity.

Again, surprised to see that there is as much interest in Dr. Mario as that poll shows. It will be interesting to see if he holds onto his position on the poll (within the Top 30).

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Kamek would be cool, but it'll never happen. Wish I played Yoshi's Story, I really wanted to play that game as a kid, but never did. Same with StarFox 64. Luckily Diddy Kong Racing was litterally all I needed. Sorry to say, but DKR > Smash 64 for me.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Kamek would be cool, but it'll never happen. Wish I played Yoshi's Story, I really wanted to play that game as a kid, but never did. Same with StarFox 64. Luckily Diddy Kong Racing was litterally all I needed. Sorry to say, but DKR > Smash 64 for me.
Didn't stop me from eventually playing it

First time I played it was at a Halloween party in 2006, I was completely drunk and the host had a SNES left out from their kids so someone started it up

Kinda neat someone in 2006 still had an SNES for their kids

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Is Yoshi Island DS any good? I got it but couldnt be asked to play it...i know Yoshi Island on GBA (Super Mario Advance 3)
was sick.
People say it's "More of the same" but I thought it was enjoyable

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Yoshi's Island DS makes you wanna beat up whoever made it for ruining a sequel to such a good game.

In other words, your better off not playing it.

What was the end boss of Yoshi's Story btw?

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Is Yoshi Island DS any good? I got it but couldnt be asked to play it...i know Yoshi Island on GBA (Super Mario Advance 3)
was sick.
I liked Yoshi's Island DS. It's not as good as the first game, but it's still quite good!

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Giant Baby Bowser. It was an interesting fight. Kind of annoying, but not a bad boss fight. It was different

Edit: N/M then

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Either way. Here's the Final Boss of Yoshi's Story for you folks (mainly Diddy)!

volbound1700

Smash Master
Oh my God, never has there been a boss as annoyingly stupid as the Skyward Sword final boss. **** Demise, **** motion controls, and **** the combat in SS.

I missed the part where I was supposed the be having fun taking on a challenge, not be annoyed by how repetitive and stupid the final boss is.
That was one of my favorite parts of the game. The battle with Demise was epic. I found the first fight with Ghirahim to be annoying at times but relatively easy. The genie/robot thing you tear apart in the third dungeon is annoying!

Thunderfang747

Smash Journeyman
As great as Smash 64 is, that isn't sad to say because DKR was pretty much the most awesome racing game ever haha. I played through that game more times than I can count as a kid.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I liked the boss in Skyward Sword in the temple where you got the whip. Could even be one of the best Zelda boss battles ever even.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
Lol, yesterday, I was already experiencing doom and gloom for what could have been me not going to E3, but I just got confirmed literally right now! though, I don't have my badge, last time, they emailed that and i got real excited... now i have to get both the badge and badge holder at the site on sunday.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I'm a bit late with this, but I suspect Kamek is receiving more votes than usual due to the two Yoshi games that have been announced. Most people generally consider him the most likely Yoshi newcomer, and now these games are pushing the Yoshi series back into the spotlight. Same as if F-Zero were to get a new game, which would cause Goroh's popularity to spike, or Starfox and Krystal.

Apologies if this has been already brought up, I've been skimming. :awesome:

And you're making me jealous like always augusto. :laugh:

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Some people don't like Kamek, and Baby Bowser is a clone. Only one option remains.

Shy Guy. :troll:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I want those dancing jungle Shy Guys with the spear. Those where the best enemies ever.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Back in MY DAY, the Baby Bros. were the go-to characters to throw a bone to the Yoshi series.

Not that it wasn't any less dumb.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I've seen multiple actually serious threads for Boshi...

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Back in MY DAY, the Baby Bros. were the go-to characters to throw a bone to the Yoshi series.

Not that it wasn't any less dumb.
I always asked people who encouraged the Baby Bros. one question. Why would the baby versions of Mario and Luigi represent an entirely different series?

@Diddy: I always figured that, with Shy Guy's multiple abilities and incarnations (Spear Guy, Fly Guy, etc.), he could have potentially the most diverse moveset of any character.

volbound1700

Smash Master
Reboot Roster:

Mario
Luigi
Donkey Kong
Pikachu
Link
Kirby
Pit
Samus
Sonic - He practically is a Nintendo character now :troll:
Star Fox
Captain Falcon
Ness
Marth
Yoshi
Jigglypuff
Mr. Game & Watch
Olimar

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
That was one of my favorite parts of the game. The battle with Demise was epic. I found the first fight with Ghirahim to be annoying at times but relatively easy. The genie/robot thing you tear apart in the third dungeon is annoying!
Funny considering I've never had any problems with Skyward Sword's motion controls and combat except for those awful swimming and overworld controls, everything else was fine.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Paper Mario would be sooo much better than the Baby Bros. however.

D

Deleted member

One game=/=The entire series.

Kamek has been the main antagonist for more games than Baby Bowser.

Heck Baby Bowser was a hero at one point.
Evaluation:
Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island/Yoshi's Island: Super Mario Advance 3 has Kamek in lead villain role while Baby Bowser serves as final boss.
Yoshi's Story has Baby Bowser as main villain with Kamek nowhere in sight.
Yoshi Topsy-Turby: Bowser is the main villain. Apparently this game takes place during modern Mario games, as there is no sign of any baby whatsoever. No appearance by Kamek either.
Yoshi Touch & Go: No actual plot to go by. Both Kamek and Baby Bowser make an appearance, however.
Yoshi's Island DS: Bowser is the main villain again, effectively kicking his infantile counterpart away, who then temporarily teams up with the other babies in order to get revenge (i.e. no heroics). Past Kamek makes a small appearace and Future Kamek follows Bowser's orders.

In conclusion:

Main villain roles:
Baby Bowser: 1
Kamek: 1
Bowser: 2
(And this is excluding OTHER Yoshi spin-offs, where Bowser is the main villain as well)

Appearances:
Baby Bowser: 4
Kamek: 3
Bowser: 2
(Again, excluding OTHER Yoshi spin-offs)

So going by this, Bowser is technically the main villain of the Yoshi series (especially when other spin-offs are put into account), and Baby Bowser is the most prominent antagonist. Kamek's in the middle.

EDIT: I might as well explain other spin-offs:

Yoshi: No story, and no appearances by ANY of the characters. Not even Bowser.
Yoshi's Cookie: In the original NES version, there is no story, but Bowser is one of the playable characters in VS. Mode. In the Nintendo Puzzle Collection version, there is a story, and Bowser is the main villain. There IS a Magikoopa that you go up against right before Bowser, but it isn't stated to be Kamek (probably because the character known as "Kamek" didn't debut yet), but for the sake of how people say the character known as "Toad" appeared in the first Super Mario Bros., we'll just count this Magikoopa as Kamek.
Yoshi's Safari: Bowser is main villain. No babies, no Kamek.
Yoshi no Cookie: Kuruppon Oven de Cookie: Have absolutely no idea on this one.
Tetris Attack: Bowser is the main villain, while Kamek is his 2nd-in-command. No babies other than a yellow Baby Yoshi.

So now that means:

Main villain roles:
Baby Bowser: 1
Kamek: 1
Bowser: 5

Appearances:
Baby Bowser: 4
Kamek: 5
Bowser: 5

So throughout the entire Yoshi series, outside of the Yoshi's Cookie sequel as I can't find much information about it, Bowser is through and through the main villain and the most prominent of the villains other than Kamek.
Since we already have Yoshi's main villain in Smash Bros., we don't really need another one. :troll:

volbound1700

Smash Master
The controls for SS was the best part of the game. My issue was the game world was small and the game appeared short to me compared to other Zelda games. Also some of the overworld part was tedious like always running around that lava in the 2nd world taking forever to get where you needed to go.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Why do people think the paper version of Mario wouldn't be a Mario character?
Looking back to when I used to think that is kinda painful. I have realized the fact that my younger reasoning was dumb. :chuckle:

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Either way. Here's the Final Boss of Yoshi's Story for you folks (mainly Diddy)!

OMG! Yoshi story was the first and only Yoshi game i've owned and played. Yoshi's Island never hooked me like story did and wasn't a fan of the baby mechanic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom