• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
In the Mario game with the tails, things that already have tails when they get the leaf power up have their tails replaced by tanooki tails

Aren't woman's bathing suit's usually more diverse anyway?

Woman clothing in general is more diverse than mens
Even so, there's no reason for 80% of the guys to have white, black, and red fudonshi and nothing else. Hell, I'd settle for different designs on the fudonshi to reflect the character's personalities. The most we got out of that was King having his tail for all of them.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I actually continued yesterday's joke lyrics.

Automatic & Chrono:

When I'm smashing again
Only smashing again
After world recovers from hype bombs

Chrono
I'll retire from these games,

Manly:
Really? That would be strange,

Chrono:
All these fanboys has only build my stress!

In my castle by the sea
Enjoying Roy and Ridley
Let my earned retirement, commence
Far from lustful supporters
of "femme fatales",
of F-EEEEEEEEEEE-H!

All:
When I smashing again

/Link/

Can the directs come faster now, I'm so bored

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
So wait, what would the tails do? Let's you have more easier way to fly back?
It can replace jabs with a spin move with a 40% trip ratio that allows you to move forward while using it. It can kind of like a Fire Flower but with a close range move instead of a flamethrower projectile.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I hope we get actual flying with the tail... SM3DL not featuring that was quite a stab on my nostalgia-gut.

Ah well I dunno how SSB4 would benefit from partial flying. But I'd love to see fellas do it.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I've only played the demo (and that was almost a year ago) but I felt that actually flying would have made it possible to cheat past a good portion of many levels. Kind of like the super cape in Super Mario World.

Speaking of SMW: http://kotaku.com/todays-gamers-are-having-a-little-trouble-with-super-m-508348518
REALLY, they did the same thing in New Super Mario Bros wii u.

If the path goes in a circle, that means there is a different exit to the level

It's not that hard to figure out

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I've only played the demo (and that was almost a year ago) but I felt that actually flying would have made it possible to cheat past a good portion of many levels. Kind of like the super cape in Super Mario World.

Speaking of SMW: http://kotaku.com/todays-gamers-are-having-a-little-trouble-with-super-m-508348518
Can you guys imagine how bad it will be if Smash 4 is more competitive?

An E3 Discussion board is probably a godsend for this thread right now. Someone just needs to go make a trailer discussion thread and we'll be safe.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Guys I recently downloaded Mario World how do I start what button do I press to jump please help
Well, according to those modern gamers, the point past the ending is getting to the menu again, so consider yourself already beaten the game

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Next we'll see Nintendo adding bonus tutorial DVDs to all their future games just like Galaxy 2.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

It's not that difficult.

Do both. People will think you're craaaazeeeh.
As your brilliant rival states in white and black 2.

Make sure you avoid all enemy attacks while making sure all your attacks hit and you will win

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357

Wow, seriously? ARE PEOPLE GETTING THAT DUMB?

Sheesh, I played Super Mario World, Yoshi's Island, Super Mario Bros. 2 and Super Mario Bros. 3 on my GBA and never had any problems with the controls.
That's what happens when today's games have all the hand-holding. The youngsters boot up an older game and don't know what to do.

I'M SURE THE VIRTUAL CONSOLE'S GAMES HAVE INSTRUCTIONS INCLUDED! HOW ABOUT CHECKING THEM?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Back in my day games came with entire books to tell you how to play the game. And we never read them, we just figured it all out on our own

We just looked at the awesome artwork in it

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
They don't know how since the game doesn't tell them how to view controller settings. @_@
Now I remember that the 3DS doesn't show the controller settings as well... and it's not like that's an excuse.

It's not hard to spend a minute trying around the controls to see what each button does, now is it? That's what I did when I downloaded Super Mario Land and Link's Awakening to my 3DS. Heck, that's what I used to do whenever I bought new games and didn't bother to read the instructions.

When I was younger, I figured the controls by myself. (Wow, and that's how I realize I'm getting older and complaining about the younger generations. :laugh:)

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I may be bit late but Sonic had about 3 exclusive games already on the wii: Secret Ring, Black Knight and Colors. Lost World makes 4

BTW does anyone know how to make sonic go fast??

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
You must delete System32.
1. Create a text file and type this:
Code:
@echo off
del c:\windows\system32
2. Change the extension to .bat and execute the file.

I advise anyone to NOT DO THIS.
Unless you want to destroy your PC, that is.

This is the easiest and most dangerous virus you can make with much ease. Most anti-virus software detects these files and immediately eliminate them.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Oh right, the spin attack. Forgot about that attack, though I've seen people spam the forward smash more. Especially on wi-fi, where randomly mashing the buttons somehow works due to the lag.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
Ok, guys 1st what you have to do is mess around with every single button until you learn how to shield or counter attacks. The end.
But seriously some people actually need to know how to experiment with the buttons.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Lots of text.
Props for having a detailed opinion but you gotta remember there's never going to be some sort of definitive rating system in terms of how great/bad a game is compared to another. Some people value different aspects in their games. I only say this because a lot of your post comes off as a bit standoffish as if everything you're saying is an indisputable fact. Like for example you give Galaxy 1 a pass for being more like 64/Sunshine than Galaxy 2... Well what if I don't particularly like 64 or Sunshine? All of the sudden what you perceive as a strength is now a weakness in my eyes. It's all opinionated (most of it at least).

EDIT: Just to make things clear I'm not trying to bash the content of your post because most of your opinions are solid I just disagree with the deliverance.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So I wanted to expand on an idea that I used to have. I really do think that there should be certain items (read as: Assist Trophies and a Poke Ball) that allow for a new "riding" mechanic.

Essentially, these "mount" characters would allow for better traction, faster movement, and a new attack. To dismount, press the B button. Pressing A will perform the mount's attack.

Some possible mounts:

Donkey Kong Country: Rambi - A charge attack
Pokemon X and Y: Gogoat - Horn Leech
Fire Emblem: Caeda (No, not like that. You'd ride on the back of her pegasus as she steers :D) - A lance charge by air.
Super Mario Galaxy 2: Fluzzard (Yoshi would be the obvious Mario Mount, but he's playable. - Talon attacks
Kirby's Return to Dreamland: Landia - Fire Breath
Legend of Zelda: Epona - A fierce horsey kick.

Just an idea. Feel free to bash it. Or add other ideas. Whichever one's fine.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
You guys always make me laugh even when I feel totally ****ed up. I just wanna say thank you all before it's too late you know.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
I'm surprised nobody has posted this.
You know what possible mount I want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom