• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Yeah, here's to hoping the WiiU does away with the forced motion controls gimmick in all the 1st party titles.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Yeah, here's to hoping the WiiU does away with the forced motion controls gimmick in all the 1st party titles.
Wow...cant you like just buy that seprately of eBay and plug it into your old Wiimote?

Also its only ever for Wii games right? its not like there gonna make a WiiU game which the only controls you can use is that thing.....

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Tad-tones? That was easy.

The moblins and plants could get annoying at times, but the trick is to no Z-Target, then it's no longer simon says. Also, a well timed spin attack makes quick work of them if you don't Z-target.

Ghirahim 1st battle was kinda lame. I died to him the first try, because I had NO IDEA what the **** was happening. Especially once you get past the part where he can grab your sword.

That part is still lame, and incredibly annoying to fight, because like ALL combat in SS, it's a game of waiting and exploiting tells.

Jesus, the combat in SS is just plain annoying... How do we go from WANTING to get into fights in WW, to hating every moment you have your sword out in SS.
Of course tad-tones were easy! That was the joke! Annoying? Yes. But easy. In fact with the help of Fi the whole game was easy...

The motion combat was fun for what is was, but i wouldn't touch another Zelda game if they continue to implement it. I'm fine with TP waggle combat, but the whole percision slicing thing was more tedious and annoying than need be

D

Deleted member

Instead, we'll get forced gyro and touchscreen controls.
Touchscreen controls are fine, at least they're responsive, asymetric gameplay can be a lot of fun:

Wow...cant you like just buy that seprately of eBay and plug it into your old Wiimote?

Also its only ever for Wii games right? its not like there gonna make a WiiU game which the only controls you can use is that thing.....
The WiiU is compatible with the WiiMote, also all modern WiiMotes come with the Motion Plus built in, that's what I got.

I don't want it because it doesn't ****ing work, not because you need an adapter.

D

Deleted member

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
Pokémon Smash is live in Japan and revealing news about Pokémon X/Y.
Live stream here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95aNSSMmDXU
The black sentai made me feel funny (in a bad way).
That blue sentai totally shot that minion in the mother ****ing chest!
The pink sentai is really pretty and she got a triceratops which is cooler than a pterodactyl.
The white sentai reminded me of Chrom.
The red and green sentai were forgetable.
I thought the credits were an intro.

I stopped watching once Sentai ended because I saw that nothing new was revealed in this thread's posts.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I agree that touchscreens generally do work, at least if it's on a system that has buttons like the PS Vita or 3DS. Touchscreen controls for an iPhone or iPad are kind of annoying for more complex games like platforming games. It's fine for something more simple like a puzzle game.

D

Deleted member

I agree that touchscreens generally do work, at least if it's on a system that has buttons like the PS Vita or 3DS. Touchscreen controls for an iPhone or iPad are kind of annoying for more complex games like platforming games. It's fine for something more simple like a puzzle game.
Couldn't agree more.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Oh my God, never has there been a boss as annoyingly stupid as the Skyward Sword final boss. **** Demise, **** motion controls, and **** the combat in SS.

I missed the part where I was supposed the be having fun taking on a challenge, not be annoyed by how repetitive and stupid the final boss is.
Dunno man, mastering the shield bash felt very rewarding on Demise. It's a much better final battle than Ganondorf in Twilight Princess at least.

Singing Fi was terrible yeah.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
With the gamepad, I'd really like to see Blizzard do a WiiU port of Starcraft 2. It'd be a good way to see how micromanagement games like Starcraft could translate over to consoles.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
With the gamepad, I'd really like to see Blizzard do a WiiU port of Starcraft 2. It'd be a good way to see how micromanagement games like Starcraft could translate over to consoles.
This. All of this! I would love it if Starcraft 2 was on the WiiU! wasn't there a Starcraft game for N64??

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Am currently having major/mysterious issues with Java on my regular computer so I'd just like to say that I'll probably go on an indefinitent hiatus from posting. For some reason my computer fails to load the text box (among other issues on this and other sites such as being unable to excess email) so while I can log in I can't do crap. My computer has been like this for the past month, it was only the other day that it started to not let me post.

Will try to get it fixed before the next Direct, and if not I'll find another computer (like this) to use. Feel free to send me PMs just remember that I will be unable to respond. Surprisingly Gamefaqs is uneffected (sadly) so I'll be keeping an eye on that place more than usual. So expect me to be lurking for a while.

Also wouldn't be surprised if Social Groups come back within the next month/few weeks so depending if they were deleted and we must start a new I would ask some of the more level headed vets of the last few threads to head that up in my place (would name names but I don't want to act like a jerk). If the old one survived I still should be able to handle things such as sending invites (except actually posting), but that's just a guess on my part based on my new avatar/title. :shades:

See ya around the the next Direct. Until then my lips are sealed fingers are broken.

bobadz

Smash Ace
To be fair, it's only going to really affect people who make a living off Nintendo Let's Plays.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Yeah. If you do it without monetary gain, I'm sure it's fine, as you don't benefit any more than they do from it.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Yeah when I do get it, I doubt i'll do it for the money. I'm in it for the S&G.

If i do go for it, it's to make the capture card pay for itself.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
That's an amazing perk, but with college and everything I might not be able to take advantage of such things :c
I would love to go to the E3's, GDC's and PAX EASTs

D

Deleted member

I'd do it so I can go to conventions and events for free as a member of the media or press.
I dunno, making dem jewtube monies sound like a better perk.

What's the average rate, 5$ every 1000 views?

That's pretty damn sweet. Take the Game Grumps for example, who net 100,000 views per video. That's $500 a video. They make two a day, every day. So they rake in $30,000 a month, just for sitting around playing video games. They don't even edit, they pay Barry to do that for them.

I'm sure it must get grating after a while, and you gotta make sure you stay entertaining for your audience, but think about it, that's a 6 figure salary, do that for a couple years, and then do something else. You can cash in at $1,000,000 pretty quickly if you are popular enough.

Youtube faces such as Smosh for example are Millionares because of Youtube. Granted, for one, the Game Grumps are popular because they've gone viral thanks to Egoraptor being notorious prior to thanks to his animation work, and then his fanbase promoting him or the Tester, and then Jon Tron running his humble channel. In addition, one must credit the amount of effort they've put into marketing and promoting the Game Grumps, AND the effort they've put into separating themselves from the typical Lets Play channels. They've really encouraged a creative fanbase, and that has gone a long way into making them not only popular, but enjoyable.

There is more to running a Youtube channel than what most people think, even if you just sit around making Lets Plays. You gotta make it your full-time job essentially; if you wanna be successful that it that is...

But netting $30,000 a month for making videos sure beats my job.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412

What's the average rate, 5$ every 1000 views?

That's pretty damn sweet. Take the Game Grumps for example, who net 100,000 views per video. That's $500 a video. They make two a day, every day. So they rake in $30,000 a month, just for sitting around playing video games. They don't even edit, they pay Barry to do that for them.

I'm sure it must get grating after a while, and you gotta make sure you stay entertaining for your audience, but think about it, that's a 6 figure salary, do that for a couple years, and then do something else. You can cash in at $1,000,000 pretty quickly if you are popular enough.

Youtube faces such as Smosh for example are Millionares because of Youtube. Granted, for one, the Game Grumps are popular because they've gone viral thanks to Egoraptor not only being notorious prior to thanks to his animation work, and then his fanbase promoting him or the Tester, and then Jon Tron running his humble channel. In addition, one must credit the amount of effort they've put into marketing and promoting the Game Grumps, AND the effort they've put into separating themselves from the typical Lets Play channels. They've really encouraged a creative fanbase, and that has gone a long way into making them not only popular, but enjoyable.

There is more to running a Youtube channel than what most people think, even if you just sit around making Lets Plays. You gotta make it your full-time job essentially; if you wanna be successful that it that is...
It is a LOT of work. Buying equipment, finding an audiance. It all requires a lot of promo work too; most of these famous Youtubers go to things like VidCon to get their work out there. To be honest really, it's all about timing and a paitence; getting a massing of subs who will watch your content is no small feet either. It really is an investment.

Smosh has made Youtube their b!atch! They have like 3 seperate channels (1 of them is a gaming channel i think) making a hefty sum from each.

I'm not really trying to make a living off of YT. Just trying to make mainly jokey smash commentary vids. In way it's similar to what many have done for CoD as a hobby, but in another way it's not, i'm not going for eltist stats like they do in CoD vids.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
Of course bagging a lot of money is waaaaaaaaay better than getting a $40 dollar ticket for free. I just posted the convention and media/press thing as a follow up to the not selling out post.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
No you're not.

Don't need YT to pay you to do LP's ya know. :p

I'm also going to be doing lets plays at some point but I won't be a YT partner for the simple reason that most of my LP's will be Nintendo games. (So there's no point in becoming a partner if you can't make money)

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
No, they're slapping ads on ALL videos with Nintendo content over 10 minutes in length.

So make your videos short.
Does it really matter to you if your videos have adds in them? Especially if you aren't being paid for others ads

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It does matter if you're being payed to do LP's of Nintendo games. Especially if you were making a living off these videos.
That's why I said "Does it matter if you aren't being paid for them" Implying I'm talking about people that aren't making a living off them

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
That's why I said "Does it matter if you aren't being paid for them" Implying I'm talking about people that aren't making a living off them
In that case, no it doesn't matter. But it does suck that these people won't be able to make a good amount of money because most of their content is Nintendo games.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Good. I'm not gonna do it for money, so I'm completely unaffected. Hooray. Though I do wonder how YouTubers like Marriland will end up from all of this.

SSS

Smash Ace
So I'm planning on getting SSB4 when it comes out. The only thing is, I don't have a Wii U or a 3DS.

Now, I know I'll need a Wii U. My question is: what part will the 3DS have in the game? Will I need it?

I'm planning on getting one anyway, for Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance, Zelda, etc. But will I need it before the game comes out?

Some people are saying the Wii U version and the 3DS version are two completely separate games. Some are saying they're connected and you NEED the 3DS one to fully play the Wii U one. When it comes down to Versus mode and tournament play, does anyone know what I'll need?

Also, any clue when it will be released?

Thanks!

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
So I'm planning on getting SSB4 when it comes out. The only thing is, I don't have a Wii U or a 3DS.

Now, I know I'll need a Wii U. My question is: what part will the 3DS have in the game? Will I need it?

I'm planning on getting one anyway, for Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance, Zelda, etc. But will I need it before the game comes out?

Some people are saying the Wii U version and the 3DS version are two completely separate games. Some are saying they're connected and you NEED the 3DS one to fully play the Wii U one. When it comes down to Versus mode and tournament play, does anyone know what I'll need?

Also, any clue when it will be released?

Thanks!
There is no information on either version so what people say doesn't mean anything

Thunderfang747

Smash Journeyman
Yep, unfortunately all we know at this point is that smash is coming to both platforms and they will connect somehow. Everything else is just speculation. Anyway hello everyone, I have been following this forum for a little while but decided to finally make an account so I could actually post things since E3 is so close.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Yep, unfortunately all we know at this point is that smash is coming to both platforms and they will connect somehow. Everything else is just speculation. Anyway hello everyone, I have been following this forum for a little while but decided to finally make an account so I could actually post things since E3 is so close.

IT BEGINS.

Welcome to the thread, Thunderfang.

Smooth Criminal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom