• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
So begins the arrival of the new posters.... :)

We should put up a Welcome message/notice. :laugh:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
So begins the arrival of the new posters.... :)

We should put up a Welcome message/notice. :laugh:
If we're being totally honest, we probably need a "You must be this competent to post" sign. Or just a list of posters/topics to avoid. Like Fire Emblem. :troll:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Yep, unfortunately all we know at this point is that smash is coming to both platforms and they will connect somehow. Everything else is just speculation. Anyway hello everyone, I have been following this forum for a little while but decided to finally make an account so I could actually post things since E3 is so close.
It starts....

Anyways. Welcome aboard Thunderfang!

Hope you have fun here and don't hesitate to ask questions! We'll be glad to help you out.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I've noticed I spend my time here posting stupid jokes or trivia instead of actually discussing anything and really that's probably the best way to wait.

In continuation of my Strategy, a nuclear weapon was once set to launch due to a computer glitch. The staff in charge had no other choice but to park a heavy vehicle on top of the GATE OR WHATEVER so that it couldn't open to release the missile. Another HILARIOUS STORY ON HOW THOUSANDS ALMOST DIED HAHA, one of the largest nuclear bombs the US had built at the time was once dropped just outside Albuquerque, NM city limits (the places Bugs Bunny should have taken a left turn at) on accident. It was not set to explode.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Well, I've been thinking about what the heck they can do for giving Link a new jab (he really needs one) - the shield bash.Though the more I think about it, maybe just a jab with a right hand (since he's southpaw) will do the trick while Shield Bash becomes a new move for him.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I hope they'll include the Shield Bash in a way or form as a new attack...

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Link needs a lot of tweaks here and there. The reason why a new jab is so important is because his current jab and fastest attack has 6 frames of startup whereas most jabs are 3 or 4 frames in startup. The range you get from his current jab doesn't compensate for this. Heck, I'd be willing to argue that Marth and all other sword users need an ordinary jab for the sake of balance.

Also, for anyone interested, a new Guilty Gear has been announced.

D

Deleted member

Also, for anyone interested, a new Guilty Gear has been announced.
OH **** OH **** OH ****!!

THAT'S THE HYPEST ****.

That's gotta be the PS4 title ArcSys was talking about! Welp, looks like I have a reason to buy that sorry excuse for a console now.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
@Manly
Mine was that the fighting game community seems more alive on the Sony consoles, especially for the games I'll be playing.

Guys I was thinking: what about AIR GRABS and RUNNING GRABS?
Those two would need to be worked about carefully. Air Grabs would have to not spike and have a set hitstun before the opponent is in a "normal" state. The knockback would also have to be fixed.

Running grabs is something we technically already have with Pivot grabs. The only other kinds I can think of are like Zangief's Running Bear Grab or command dash based like King.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Nice to see some new people. Especially new people that seem like intelligent posters. Welcome, Thunder Fang! Now we just need him to go through...

THE RING OF FIRE!

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I think we need a rule-list...

Also Thunderfang, my bottle of brainbleach. It's yours. You need loads of it for times ahead.

Also if I get too mushy on your tastes just tell me.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Some characters already have air grabs like Link. Luigi should have one, where he uses the poltergust.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I now see the comparision Manly oftne makes with Roy and this Sol dude. And yeah, Roy is longtime not as badass. This Sol dude looks like Roy and Captain Falcon's lovechild.

Platsy

Smash Mouth
NNID
Cyani-Oxide
Lucario would have had an air grab if they let his side-B connect in the air. The wasted potential hurts my soul :(.

Vexel

Smash Rookie
Keeping my eye on this place for sure.
Hyped for Namco being a big part of the dev team, maybe we'll see SSB4 moving back towards Melee-like gameplay again.
that's what im hoping for, if they can bring back the melee feel i can main samus again in SSBU. not to mention the possibillity of Zoroark or unique characters like Girahim, im just excited all around and im pretty sure no matter what characters or playstyle they have ill MAKE myself play just because xD

D

Deleted member

I now see the comparision Manly oftne makes with Roy and this Sol dude. And yeah, Roy is longtime not as badass. This Sol dude looks like Roy and Captain Falcon's lovechild.
Well, Sol is based off of this dude:

There ain't no way in hell, Roy is ever gonna achieve that level of manliness.

This'll be my first Guilty Gear game, and so far I'm HYPED!
If the hype is too much to handle, you can always play Accent Core Plus to ease the wait. Especially since GGXrd will hit Arcades first.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
You're totally a slasher. Wouldn't be surprised if you had a 1 TB external hard drive full of fanfiction created by yourself.

lobotheduck21

Smash Master
NNID
@AntwonGodefroy
3DS FC
4914-4683-5067
new user questionair (yes I know that's not how it's spelled

1. Someone brings up Fire Emblem, what do you do

2. Is Ridley too big for smash and if yes, let us convert you to the right side

other people can add questions

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
You're totally a slasher. Wouldn't be surprised if you had a 1 TB external hard drive full of fanfiction created by yourself.
Dammit. My secret has been revealed! Quick! Out of the spotlight! *vanishes*

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
new user questionair (yes I know that's not how it's spelled

1. Someone brings up Fire Emblem, what do you do
Uhhh....uhhhh....uhh! Bring up the fact that Roy is and forever will be the poster-child for the series! :troll:
2. Is Ridley too big for smash and if yes, let us convert you to the right side

other people can add questions

3. What do you do when someone recommends an anime character?
a) Tell them to go play Jump Superstars and/or wait for the new J-stars for the vita.
b) Tell them to apply 1 to 3 cups of bleach to beverage of choice.
c) Kindly ask them to STFU.
d) All of the above

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom