• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
I will say it caused me to click peacock's "video" at least 10 times then stare at it wondering why it wasn't working. ;)
Wooo BC bud Vansterdaaaam. ♪
#FvckHarper

Anyone else notice the abnormal amount of guests in this thread?
This one time the Brawl Kirby general thread had like 40+ guests in the general thread for a couple of days after a prominent Kirby player published his diary/blog/memoirs which were bat-**** insaaaaaane and personal. Anyways, If this thread is about to crash and burn I just want to say that, while it lasted, this was a damn fine place for Smash 4 (and general gaming really) discussion and the added random topics certainly helped lighten and liven things up.

We did well. :)

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I just want to know how he just manifests lemons from his gun

D

Deleted member

Well it is Jump n' Shoot man, so getting a lot of views is to be expected.
It's not that so much as I've noticed a large jump recently. A day ago, it was just over 30,000 views, now it's increased to 34,000 views.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Well, back from getting that piece of paper. Now it seems that death is imminent here.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
EA Senior Engineer: 'The Wii U Is Crap'

Since EA has been voted the worst company in America 2 years in a row, I don't think their employees have room to be talking here

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
EA... Wow....

To think I had respect for you at one point in time...

Serious question guys. Do you think the Wii U will fail? It just seems like people are venomous towards it.

D

Deleted member

EA... Wow....

To think I had respect for you at one point in time...

Serious question guys. Do you think the Wii U will fail? It just seems like people are venomous towards it.
Like I said before, Nintendo needs to pull a better showing than E3 2010 to prevent GameCube-like sales. In other words, do everything they can to convince the audience that a Wii-U is worth buying.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Like I said before, Nintendo needs to pull a better showing than E3 2010 to prevent GameCube-like sales. In other words, do everything they can to convince the audience that a Wii-U is worth buying.
Why does everyone keep using the term "Gamecube like sales?" Didn't the Gamecube do alright?

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I literally got the Gamecube at the last minute (Several month's before the Wii came out to be precise). But yeah, I heard the Gamecube did pretty poorly as well compared to the PS2 which was dominating and all if I remember correctly...

Oh well I'll get the Wii U as soon as I can. (just as soon as cool stuff for the 3DS stops getting released)

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I think it's just ad revenue they want.
They aren't going to get it.

They are making it so let's players can't get ad revenue from using Nintendo content. So they won't let's play Nintendo games.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It will also effect any videos involving Smash including hacks, tournaments, etc.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I think I died laughing at 5:15...

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
GameCube wasn't even that bad. Sure, it and the Wii where worse than the N64 and SNES but they wheren't too bad consoles.

D

Deleted member

Anyways, If this thread is about to crash and burn I just want to say that, while it lasted, this was a damn fine place for Smash 4 (and general gaming really) discussion and the added random topics certainly helped lighten and liven things up.

We did well. :)

D

Deleted member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbMlNzDHc38

I also don't get why Nintendo is going after Let's Players

From what I hear, it's Youtube who's pushing for it. They approached Notch to get him to do the same **** for Minecraft LPs as well, but he turned them down. Nintendo won't get ad revenue, and they lose the free advertisement benefits that LPs produce. There was a huge ****storm about this on /v/ yesterday.

The general concensus was:

>make a car
>someone buys car
>person puts ads on car and drives around on it making money off the ads
>you don't get money from said ads
Car Buyers are scum.

It's a rather sticky situation. Anyway, just you wait till EA, Activision, Sony and M$ follow suit.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
But... Anyone watching a video with Mario in it should KNOW it's Nintendo right?

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
I'm actually boycotting EA's games. People laugh at this because "They're not making Wii U games anyways lolol"

But it's like, hun, I'm talking about my future PS4. EA pretty much is going to skimp out on Medal of Honro (my favorite WAR FPS), Dead Space and some other IPs that they believe won't matter due to, in their mind, low sales. I don't even hate EA. I just lost my respect for them and their inconsistency. They got mad when SEGA made their own sports games on Dreamcast and dropped support for the console. Now, the whole EA Origin debacle- you know, I can't believe people think that deal never took place with the substantial amount of evidence that surfaced over the last two years. Peter Moore took a business trip to Kyoto back in 2011 and tweeted about how excited he was about a business partnership. We never heard from him since that trip or anything regarding it. Then, EA becomes mute on Wii U and had nothing to say about the console where previously, they were up Nintendo's ass and how excited they were in working with Nintendo on delivering a "great online experience" never seen on Nintendo's consoles before.

If that doesn't scream EA Origin for Wii U, then clearly people have a case of denial. And yes, sales could be part of the issue, but Vita is still getting support from EA. But the 3DS, which is at what? 31+ mil units worldwide won't be getting any EA games? Yeah, something is fishy. There's just so much going on between EA and Nintendo to think that EA dropped support for Wii U because of sales. That isn't the main reason.

Anyhow, I'm going off- I'm looking forward to playing Smash 4 knowing it's right around the corner. That Nintendo Direct will be like, an atom bomb for me. Gawd. Nintendo should have a contest where you can win VIP passes to take trip to Sora Ltd and see SSB4 going through it's development process. They should really make a "behind the scenes" video for this game...

Anyone going to Best Buy on the week of E3 to play the new games (like 3D Mario, Mario Kart, Bayonetta 2, etc)? That's so much better than having a giant E3 press conference.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Why does everyone keep using the term "Gamecube like sales?" Didn't the Gamecube do alright?
It did do alright but compared to the sales of the NES, SNES, and even the 64 (which in itself people considered a minor disappointment sales wise), it's considered a disappointment since it couldn't even sell 25 million units or beat the Xbox

I loved the GCN though, still top 5 for me as far as consoles go

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Y'know I'm still kinda surprised Hatsune Miku hasn't gotten her own anime yet considering how insanely popular she is.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Dunno which console I prefer out of the Wii and GameCube though... Both had it's good and bad titles

GameCube's best games IMO:
MELEE, Fire Emblem: Path of Ridiance, Zelda the Wind Waker, Paper Mario: TTYD, Mario Kart Double Dash and Metroid Prime

Wii's best games IMO:
Brawl, Zelda Skyward Sword, DONKEY KONG COUNTRY RETURNS, Mario Galaxy, Monster Hunter Tri, Mario Kart Wii, and Super Paper Mario

You can say Zelda Twilight Princess fits in both, but I only played the Wii version so I left it out.

I can hardly chose...

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I only rate the games I've played. ;)

Otherwise I'd probably put the likes of Xenoblade, Tales of - series, and Pikmin on the list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom