• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharkarat

Gibdo Knight
3DS FC
3754-7599-5366
I think since Sakurai said Capcom characters are definitely going to be in it, then all the characters will look like those altered NES Mega Man sprites you see everywhere by very talented spriters. I mean Sakurai said it's difficult to accommodate the different styles between third-party characters, so this is the obvious solution.
Wouldn't call myself talented at it, but I tried making a mega man style pikachu

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I remember that like a year or longer back or so, I challenged people in Brawl: defeat my Diddy (with Sheik- but most ended up using their own mains) and I'll shut up about Impa replacing Sheik forever.

I wasn't beat. :awesome:

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Melee looked realistic? Samus looked like a toy power ranger...still i loved it though the grapchics were soo smooth and sharp brawl might have had better graphics but melee looked better imo.

Brawl to blurry and washed out..i didnt like D.K's fur effect....

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Yeah i want better fur from DK this time around! He has come so far from 64, I also they find the perfect blend between cartoony and real. I'd hate to see this as Mario

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Tomorrow there's a Direct focusing on summer games.
So it's pretty safe to say that we won't see Sm4sh in it.
Still...

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Another Nintendo Direct and possibly the first of many. The European one starts at 3 PM WET / 4 PM CET.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Too bad I won't be able to watch it live... I have class from 2:30 PM to 4 PM and Nintendo Direct starts at 3 PM...

My hype levels are rising...

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Once again, I'm glad this is in the morning here. I have to leave for my graduation starting at 3 PM. Speaking of graduations, what song would you replace that tired Pomp and Circumstance with?

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Me too but heh, it'll probably be about release dates and that's all. Maybe 1 ONE announcement, like Mario Kart, I expect nothing more

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Well, shoot I don't get home from work until 10:30 EST tomorrow so I'll have to miss it live. But thankfully I finished my Bingo sheet before a Nintendo Direct came out.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
God dammit, why the hell must these conferences always be broadcast during working hours? How can I enjoy ****storms if they don't compliment my schedule?

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Guess I'm one of the few lucky ones who has a day off on Friday...

I'm not really expecting something big but I'm still going to look forward to it anyway.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
My expectations:
- Release date for Game & Wario for EU and NA with the announcement of it being at special price (30/40 bucks)
- Finally release date for Pikmin 3 worldwide, before september
- Release month/date for Wonderful 101, around september too
- Official release date for Pokémon X and Y, now with the date and not only the month
- Information about the release month for the Layton / Ace Attorney series in EU and NA, sadly I expect some of the Layton games to be downloadable only too like Ace Attorney 5
- Some news about the Super Luigi DLC
- Release date for Mario & Luigi Dream Team, Mario Party 3DS
- Release month for Zelda 3DS, I expect november/december
- Some new footage of all the above
- A new game already announced but never shown, probably Mario Kart U or Wii Fit U, with release date
- Iwata says goodbye and announces another Nintendo Direct next week

It's maybe too much but 90% of it would be only info about release dates, so I guess this is possible.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
I'm a bit of a early bird but I can always see a recap of the main things on Kotaku if I miss the ND (which will be on at 7AM my time).
Speaking of graduations, what song would you replace that tired Pomp and Circumstance with?
Beethoven's string quartet #13 (which I posted earlier)
Tales of Legendia OST - Seeking Victory
Bach's Brandenburg No. 2 Part 1
Fire Emblem: Awakening OST - Don't Speak Her Name

EDIT: The OoT medley from Brawl's Soundtrack would also be a decent choice imo.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Wow a Direct already? I would have thought we'd get one around the the end of the month/in another 2 weeks. Not really sure what to expect given how early it is, would personally hope it covers the stuff we know already coming out (Game & Wario/101/Pikmin 3) so they don't clog up the main conference which I doubt this is.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Wow a Direct already? I would have thought we'd get one around the the end of the month/in another 2 weeks. Not really sure what to expect given how early it is, would personally hope it covers the stuff we know already coming out (Game & Wario/101/Pikmin 3) so they don't clog up the main conference which I doubt this is.
They say it's about first party summer titles for Wii U and 3DS.
It's not the time for the bombs already.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Guess I'm one of the few lucky ones who has a day off on Friday...

I'm not really expecting something big but I'm still going to look forward to it anyway.
I also have a day off, but on Wednesdays instead...

I'm not expecting much, but I would be quite happy if they pulled a nice surprise.

Yeah, a Direct already was unexpected. I'm not getting my hopes very high on this one, honestly.

I expect it to be some release dates for previously announced titles.

It's not the time for the bombs already.
It would be foolish if they dropped the bombs too soon. They will probably announce some release dates for some games and nothing much more.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
I expect a new Direct every week leading up to E3 anyway. Maybe some of them focused on one or two games only (new 3D Mario + Sm4sh would be a nice combo).

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I hope they reveal sylveon's typing at E3
I can tell you right now we aren't getting any Pokémon news at any Pre-E3 Nintendo Direct or E3 show. Pokémon games have NEVER been presented at any Nintendo E3 show (the only exception being Pokédex 3D but that was released before the E3 show and was nothing more than a free and incomplete app.) Pokémon will sell no matter when it was announced making it unneeded to have any recognition at E3's. If you want Pokémon news then start looking at the monthly CoroCoro comics & weekly Pokémon Smash show (which then Nintendo will tell the same news in English speaking regions online not long after its CoroCoro & Pokémon Smash reveal in Japan.)

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I'm a bit of a early bird but I can always see a recap of the main things on Kotaku if I miss the ND (which will be on at 7AM my time).

Beethoven's string quartet #13 (which I posted earlier)
Tales of Legendia OST - Seeking Victory
Bach's Brandenburg No. 2 Part 1
Fire Emblem: Awakening OST - Don't Speak Her Name

EDIT: The OoT medley from Brawl's Soundtrack would also be a decent choice imo.
This is what I'd have:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MBjc-_CFqM

Alternatively, this is just as good:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=195QtkOJCYg

vicgur

Smash Ace
I can tell you right now we aren't getting any Pokémon news at any Pre-E3 Nintendo Direct or E3 show. Pokémon games have NEVER been presented at any Nintendo E3 show (the only exception being Pokédex 3D but that was released before the E3 show and was nothing more than a free and incomplete app.) Pokémon will sell no matter when it was announced making it unneeded to have any recognition at E3's. If you want Pokémon news then start looking at the monthly CoroCoro comics & weekly Pokémon Smash show (which then Nintendo will tell the same news in English speaking regions online not long after its CoroCoro & Pokémon Smash reveal in Japan.)
I don't think that's the main reason we never get Pokémon in E3's...
I think the main reason was the big ****ing gap between the Japanese launch of a Pokémon game and its Western launch.
The E3 usually[always] happen when the "new Pokémon game" hype is happening in Japan. And ONLY in Japan, because it's only gonna launch there.
So the game launches in Japan by Fall, and comes here around 5~6 months later. E3 doesn't get that hype because it doesn't happen when the hype itself is happening.

Well... At least that's how I see it.

I do think they could/might say something about Pokémon this year, now that it's gonna be out around the world in the same day[hooray].

I hope I was clear enough, I keep getting lost in my own thoughts as I write, so sometimes it could be confusing to read my bigger texts. Heh.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Actually, X and Y are having an international launch.

Didn't read all the way.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I'm still amazed at how such a large part of the pokemon community are so lost as to what this pink and white pokemon is that uses many normal moves and has a bow and has scarf-like appendages, all the while possessing no distinctive features outside of these. Truly a mystery indeed.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Just counting the existing types, going by design Normal makes the most sense for Sylveon, but my bets on the rumored Fairy-type. Normally I don't buy into rumors of new types, but this one seems a bit more believable than others. I'm wondering if they'll stick with Fairy internationally or will go for "Light" type or something.

But yeah, I doubt we get any Pokemon info at E3. At least, no X/Y info, maybe a spin-off or something, we've got that at E3 before.

Also looking forward to that Direct tomorrow. I usually like to keep my hopes low for Directs, but considering this is like the first of the E3 Directs and they'll be talking about the Wii U, I hope we get a new game reveal or something. At least more info on what we already know so future Directs can be purely new stuff. I'm also not expecting any Smash for this Direct.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
IGN reported that there would be a Smash trailer at E3, is that not happening now?
It could still happen, but all that we've actually had confirmed is "screenshots", (IGN likes to assume things) though knowing Sakurai a trailer is very likely. It's just a question of when we'll get the trailer. Nintendo is normally hard to predict at E3, especially with Smash, but now that they're changing things up even more and doing multiple Directs and no main conference, all we can really do is guess. It could even be tomorrow (though it probably won't be).

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm still amazed at how such a large part of the pokemon community are so lost as to what this pink and white pokemon is that uses many normal moves and has a bow and has scarf-like appendages, all the while possessing no distinctive features outside of these. Truly a mystery indeed.
Considering they showed it's weaknesses and resistances in pokemon smash, and it doesn't fit any current type, a new type is very possible.

If the skit was accurate and to be believed

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Saw the email for the new direct and quite pumped to see what we're getting.

Want Smash to mix in Melee's cartoony + detail-style with the animeish artwork akin to KIU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom