• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I hope it's a Star fox game.
My dream Starfox game would have a similar level design as Kid Icarus: Uprising: An air on-rails section and a ground free-roam section.

Air sections would function as they have in the past, and the ground section would play like Ratchet & Clank.
Just so long as I don't get carpal tunnel.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Just so long as I don't get carpal tunnel.
That is the main reason why i'm staying away from the 3DS version of SSB4.
I was lucky enough to find my fat DS's thumb-strap for KI:U.
Instead of packaging the game with some plastic stand, Sakurai should of bundled that game with a tube of Icy Hot.
Too much hand movement on such a small device...

D

Deleted member

No games from EA are in development.

I don't care about EA very much, but ewwwwww, Nintendo is really screwing up with the Wii-U.

Nintendo really needs to give me a reason to buy the console aside from Smash 4, Bayonetta 2 and Earthbound. If it weren't for us knowing that Smash 4 is coming out, not even Earthbound would have convinced me to get a Wii-U.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I don't think I've ever bought a game from EA in my entire gaming career. So meh.

I'm convinced to buy a Wii U, I'm just not in a rush to.

EDIT: Actually got Spore as a Christmas gift one year, never mind.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I don't think I've ever bought a game from EA in my entire gaming career. So meh.

I'm convinced to buy a Wii U, I'm just not in a rush to.
You never bought The Sims o.o

Evil.

D

Deleted member

No surprises there. Companies are still unsure about the Wii U's sales, and EA is still butthurt about the Origin thing.

Once Nintendo announces their big games and sales pick up, more companies will support the system.
It's scary how much Wii-U's future is reliant on E3 this year. If the system is going to be successful, it will need a better showing than E3 2010 and that one had a really impressive showing. And I don't know if they can even pull that...

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
It's scary how much Wii-U's future is reliant on E3 this year. If the system is going to be successful, it will need a better showing than E3 2010 and that one had a really impressive showing. And I don't know if they can even pull that...
Nah. Once they get the new Mario Kart, New Zelda, and New 3D Mario it's going to do fine. Everyone is just waiting for something worth getting. Wii U had ****E launch titles.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
No games from EA are in development.

I don't care about EA very much, but ewwwwww, Nintendo is really screwing up with the Wii-U.

Nintendo really needs to give me a reason to buy the console aside from Smash 4, Bayonetta 2 and Earthbound. If it weren't for us knowing that Smash 4 is coming out, not even Earthbound would have convinced me to get a Wii-U.
Not surprising, but kinda conflicts with the earlier 100 Year Old Gamer rumor considering he said Star Wars (which will now be published by EA) is expected on the Wii U. I suppose Disney might be able to override EA, and technically he didn't say any Star Wars games were confirmed for Wii U, but it is a bit of a hole in his story.

But yeah, EA is being childish. It won't effect me personally, and hopefully people who care about EA games have learned to buy a non-Nintendo platform to experience them, but it sucks nonetheless.

Nope, gonna have to do much more then the standard fluff.
I also disagree. The standard fluff is what sells, that's why it's standard. Look at the 3DS's first year and the software that turned it around.

Guys.
http://mynintendonews.com/2013/05/1...-at-e3/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
Am I reading it right? Smash Bros.? On the show floor[or whatever it's called]?
The original press release was:
At the upcoming E3 trade show in June in Los Angeles, Nintendo expects to show attendees upcoming Wii U games from the Mario Kart™, Super Mario Bros., The Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.™ franchises.
All it's confirmed to be is shown, not necessarily playable.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Who cares about EA anyway?
"When we live in an era marked by massive oil spills, faulty foreclosures by bad banks, and rampant consolidation in the airline and telecom industry, what does it say about EA’s business practices that so many people have — for the second year in a row — come out to hand it the title of Worst Company in America?"

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
So EA was called Worst Conpany in America? I can see why.

It's not like any EA titles would make me buy a Wii U anyway. It'll strictly come from strong first party titles. Zelda, Smash and DKC are what'll make me buy a Wii U. Good Metroid and Mario titles will strongly make me consider to. Fire Emblem as well.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It's not like I'd want to play the sims or sim city on the wii u anyway. TBH I'm not sure what else they even make that I play anyway.

And I haven't bought the latest versions of those games either

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I also disagree. The standard fluff is what sells, that's why it's standard. Look at the 3DS's first year and the software that turned it around.
You do realize that rehashing Mario is not going to magically solve every problem, there is still big problems to be looked at that's going to effect the console now and later. Speaking of Mario, they already did use the trump card and yet units are hardly being moved.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
You do realize that rehashing Mario is not going to magically solve every problem, there is still big problems to be looked at that's going to effect the console now and later.
Not NSMB series, but that series was obviously getting stale considering how many installments have been released recently. 3D Mario, Smash, LoZ, and Mario Kart will help a lot.

D

Deleted member

Way off topic, but I intended to post this ages ago when it was relevant, but Youtube had it blocked for copyright, now it's back up.

For you SAO fans:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
You do realize that rehashing Mario is not going to magically solve every problem, there is still big problems to be looked at that's going to effect the console now and later. Speaking of Mario, they already did use the trump card and yet units are hardly being moved.
It won't fix every problem the Wii U has, no, but releasing both a new 3D Mario and Mario Kart (and other triple-A exclusives) will fix the declining sales. You don't have to look further than the 3DS to see that.

Like Shortie said though, unlike 3D Mario and MK, the NSMB games are stale and oversatured at this point, to the point where nearly the exact same gameplay could be found as recently as months before, which usually doesn't translate to becoming a system seller, though it does have the highest attach rate of Wii U games not bundled with the system.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
The new Mario needs to be like, Mario 64 big to make any huge impression. Am not too excited for it, neither am I too much about Mario Kart. Zelda a little, but Smash is REALLy what it is all about.

kikaru

Smash Ace
Some small and insignificant country town, WA.
3DS FC
0705-2807-1422
To me it feels like Nintendo at the moment is focusing on putting more resources into the 3DS as its success has increased greatly compared to when it was first launched. And we haven't even begun to see the bigger bulk of their games yet. (Zelda, Pokemon, Advanced Wars if we were to get one, etc. Even 2nd-3rd party games like Final Fantasy, Ace Attorney, Professor Layton, Shin Megami will bring in more success when their time comes. )

While I believe it was not a sound move to release the Wii U so early, it might be wise to wait out until Microsoft and Sony begin to show off their next gen consoles and possibly launch line-ups before Nintendo begins to crack down on what they need to do for the Wii U. Their best selling games are going to be their 'fluff' (Whatever this means) which is going to be your Mario, Zelda, Pokemon, Smash, and other WiiU-related titles. (Sports, Dance, etc.) However, if Nintendo wants the WiiU to perform better than the Wii, I think it's safe to assume that we're going to need to see the return and continuation of other larger Nintendo franchies like Donkey Kong, Metroid, StarFox, etc. while also being able to keep up with strong 2nd and 3rd party titles. I feel like while the WiiU is on its track to repeating what the 3DS did and is doing, it will need more work and time for it to become truly successful.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Way off topic, but I intended to post this ages ago when it was relevant, but Youtube had it blocked for copyright, now it's back up.

For you SAO fans:
I need to see an Abridged Series of this. This is magnificent.
It's not like I'd want to play the sims or sim city on the wii u anyway. TBH I'm not sure what else they even make that I play anyway.

And I haven't bought the latest versions of those games either
They got dat Madden that people love. Then again, I don't get why the hell American football is popular.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I like playing American Football, but I'm not interested in the games or even watching it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom