• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
People probably watch NFL games for the collisions because a part of our id loves **** like that. If people wanted to watch a sport with constant action and hard contact (which =/= collision) they'd watch rugby.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Then why not watch UFC fights? Oh wait, you have to pay for the big ones and I don't want to deal with armchair fighters.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Football is like war. It's about tactics of the unit rather than physical brutality

That's why there is long brakes with short action.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
There's strategy in fighting too, but I don't need to stop every 30 second of game time for 10 minutes of lining up.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
In fighting you aren't controlling a unit and you only have to worry about 1 person

Edit: Apparently Nintendo is going after Youtube users that use Nintendo content and wants them to put Nintendo advertisements before and after their videos

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
The appeal of Football is that **** happens. Soccer is beyond boring and nothing happens. I think there was a women's cup where the last game was 0-0 and went into over time. Baseball is also boring. Strike, strike, ball, ball, hit, out, strike, strike, fly ball, out, strike hit. Hit Fly ball. Out. Next batter. Nothing happens and it's never interesting anyway. Somehow, they manage to have over 100 games in a season.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
The appeal of Football is that **** happens. Soccer is beyond boring and nothing happens. I think there was a women's cup where the last game was 0-0 and went into over time. Baseball is also boring. Strike, strike, ball, ball, hit, out, strike, strike, fly ball, out, strike hit. Hit Fly ball. Out. Next batter. Nothing happens and it's never interesting anyway. Somehow, they manage to have over 100 games in a season.
Good God, baseball is boring as watching wallpaper dry.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Sports talk?

Well, after literally a year of research, I've finally found a place close to my city that offers archery lessons. Perhaps once I build more bulk/muscle I'll register, because right now I think I'm too weak to even hold up a bow...haha... :/

Surprisingly, I've played two years of softball and I really don't know how I did it. I remember I had like no power and I could only make it to first base if I'm lucky. Or the other option for me is to freaking bunt the ball haha (I was probably a hinder to my team anyway).

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
I wanted to take up archery when I was younger but there were no ranges where I lived. I might take up fencing over the summer or next semester for teh lulz (and because sables are cool).
The appeal of Football is that **** happens. Soccer is beyond boring and nothing happens.
Soccer is plenty exciting; people just don't dig it because there are no collisions and because it reqires attention. It also doesn't help that most soccer shown in the US is lower end British sides like Westham and Rangers for some reason.

Watch some good games like the upcoming Champion's League final, Copa Libertadores knockout stage, Mexican league playoffs or this summer's confederations tournament and then form an opinion.

Thus American Football is Fire Emblem.
Someone's made that comparison: http://kotaku.com/5942389/football-is-basically-an-rpg

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Most sports are boring in general IMO. They're really only fun for me if I'm either playing or am at a game, screw TV.

Hockey and Soccer are probably my two sports of choice. Baseball's nostalgic I guess. Never really saw the big deal about Football, is probably the sport I yawn the most at. I hate playing Basketball, but watching it's okay.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Curling, Badminton, and Bowling. These are, in all seriousness, the only sports I enjoy.

EDIT: I could get in to fencing, however.

Gingerbread Man

Smash Lord
Curling, Badminton, and Bowling. These are, in all seriousness, the only sports I enjoy.

EDIT: I could get in to fencing, however.
Bowling?!
Bowling is pretty boring IMO. Once you at a bowling ally, its fun for 5min but then it just becomes something that interrupts your conversation with your friends every now and then.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I like archery and fishing, though I don't know if ether would count as a sport. There's not really competitions, more like a hobby of sorts to kill time.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Bowling?!
Bowling is pretty boring IMO. Once you at a bowling ally, its fun for 5min but then it just becomes something that interrupts your conversation with your friends every now and then.
That's why Bowling allys have bars

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'm actually surprised you found the bowling part to be more boring than the curling part. Usually when I tell people that, it's the other way around. :laugh:

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
From the UFC matches I've seen, it's mostly just two muscly men hugging it out on the floor. Something you could watch with your lady I guess. And I don't see how you could say STUFF actually happens in football, because it's a few seconds of action for every what, five or more minutes of commercials, commentary, and replays? My brother pointed that out once when he had hurried home from work to catch the end of some big game. He started watching from the beginning since it had been recording, and after fast-forwarding through all the junk, he actually caught up to what was happening live.

Anyway Opossum stole my curling joke, so.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
From the UFC matches I've seen, it's mostly just two muscly men hugging it out on the floor. Something you could watch with your lady I guess. And I don't see how you could say STUFF actually happens in football, because it's a few seconds of action for every what, five or more minutes of commercials, commentary, and replays? My brother pointed that out once when he had hurried home from work to catch the end of some big game. He started watching from the beginning since it had been recording, and after fast-forwarding through all the junk, he actually caught up to what was happening live.

Sounds like something to watch with your lover to start off a wonderful night

Edit: Why do I bother getting into Star Trek Vs Star Wars debates. Star Wars fans are too stubborn to listen

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Sports talk?

Well, after literally a year of research, I've finally found a place close to my city that offers archery lessons. Perhaps once I build more bulk/muscle I'll register, because right now I think I'm too weak to even hold up a bow...haha... :/

Surprisingly, I've played two years of softball and I really don't know how I did it. I remember I had like no power and I could only make it to first base if I'm lucky. Or the other option for me is to freaking bunt the ball haha (I was probably a hinder to my team anyway).
Should we start calling you Merida?

Which is pretty much why I never watch it.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
DON'T YOU KNOW MOST FIGHTS END UP ON THE GROUND? WHAT'S A MONKEY GONNA DO WHEN HE'S LYING ON HIS BACK, HUH? MAYBE YOU SHOULD LEARN A THING OR TWO.

If you are, however, the one pinning the other on their back, the correct monkey thing to do would be to eat their face.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Then why don't we watch woman fighting. That sounds a lot more interesting

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
DON'T YOU KNOW MOST FIGHTS END UP ON THE GROUND? WHAT'S A MONKEY GONNA DO WHEN HE'S LYING ON HIS BACK, HUH? MAYBE YOU SHOULD LEARN A THING OR TWO.

If you are, however, the one pinning the other on their back, the correct monkey thing to do would be to eat their face.
Scissor kick and rapid kicks to the face to name a few. Generally though, if you're on your back, that's just plain disadvantageous.

Then why don't we watch woman fighting. That sounds a lot more interesting
They'll damage their pretty faces.

On another topic, I just got to watching the first episode of Attack on Titan. Freaky awesome ****. The faces of those titans are pure nightmare fuel.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Actually that was directed at Psycho, since he's an eyeball, hence why it was so hilarious.

You... I dunno... Punch to the cloaca? Whatever pandas have.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Actually that was directed at Psycho, since he's an eyeball, hence why it was so hilarious.

You... I dunno... Punch to the cloaca? Whatever pandas have.
First I'm a monkey. Now I'm a panda? Will I be bio mechanical weapon of mass destruction that will turn everything in pools of Tang next?

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
First I'm a monkey. Now I'm a panda? Will I be bio mechanical weapon of mass destruction that will turn everything in pools of Tang next?
How about a Monkanda? When you state to others that you're "KumaOso, the Monkanda" people will misunderstand and ask "a monk and a what?" Out of frustration you might say "a monk and a 'BOUT TO KICK YOUR ASS!"

Something like that.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Maybe he's a monk and a racoon. He looks like some kind of brown racoon

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
No, we need Super Mario Curling or Super Mario Ulama.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Super Mario Cockroach Racing!

BES GAYME EVAR!!!!

(And yes, that is a real sport).

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Does Cockroach Racing have human sacrifices? I think not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom