• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Well if there is a Smash4 Demo, I'm going to be living at Best Buy for the next 6months

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
So... if there's a Smash playable demo at E3, people in NA might have the possibility to be able to play it at select Best Buy locations (along with other demos of course)? That's pretty cool; yay big box retailers.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
In a strange way, Sonic has always been associated with Nintendo. Like if you define yourself as, I dunno, anti-cabbage. You'll always be associated with cabbage.

Incidentally I didn't get much sleep. Anyway, figured Snake was always the more questionable one.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I just realized something horrifying. Assuming that Pikmin will be about these new protagonists, could Pikmin become the new Fire Emblem?

On the other hand, the three of them could provide a cool stance system with those seven Pikmin with something similar to Final Fantasy XIII's Paradigm Shift.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I just realized something horrifying. Assuming that Pikmin will be about these new protagonists, could Pikmin become the new Fire Emblem?

On the other hand, the three of them could provide a cool stance system with those seven Pikmin with something similar to Final Fantasy XIII's Paradigm Shift.
Seriously I'll leave here as soon as we get Pikmin wars.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I wonder if Nintendo has thought of the possibility of posting E3 demos on the eShop, and the Best Buy demo kiosks would be for people who don't own a WiiU/3DS.

That would be amazing!

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483

FOFL

I just started to think of the Pikmin Trio as the Lord Trio from FE7.

That name fits btw. Pikmin Trio.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Seriously I'll leave here as soon as we get Pikmin wars.
If that happens, let it be known I was ahead of the curve on this one.

Cannot believe the Nintendo/Sega partnership. The new unprecedented partnership! Mario and Sonic, Sonic Lost World, Yakuza 1 & 2 HD, Game Gear on 3DS VC. Nintendo should just go all in and buy out Sega at this point. But the Best Buy E3 demo partnership is really the bombshell of the whole stream.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104

Cannot believe the Nintendo/Sega partnership. The new unprecedented partnership! Mario and Sonic, Sonic Lost World, Yakuza 1 & 2 HD, Game Gear on 3DS VC. Nintendo should just go all in and buy out Sega at this point. But the Best Buy E3 demo partnership is really the bombshell of the whole stream.
Thankfully, I got a friend that works at Best Buy so he can fill me in when it's in there.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
The only thing about Best Buy is that the demos are only going to be at around 100 stores. Hopefully that will include one in Austin, but if not I guess I'm going on a trip to Houston/Dallas.
Still not convinced of buying a Wii U however...
Not even with the Sonic dinosaur game? :troll:

Platsy

Smash Mouth
NNID
Cyani-Oxide
I almost want to buy that Resident Evil game for the sake of seeing the rage comments on the death screen.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Best thing I learned about this Nintendo Direct was Sochi. It's quite a nice city by the looks of it. I mean, snowfall, palm trees, it seems like nice scenery all year.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
What is this new ****? Where are the options in the quick reply bar? Why do I have to confirm I like a post when liking it?

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
What? WHAAAAT?! Smash Bros. news BEFORE E3? (O_O);

Pikmin 3 looks great so far. Olimar should stay for Smash... I mean he's the protagonist in two of three games and the most iconic character of the franchise, so it makes sense. Just add to his moveset the new Pikmin and you're done.

Unless future Pikmin games keep featuring new characters, I don't think any Pikmin wars are justifiable.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
1. Looks like Nintendo is doing preemptive strikes before the others can show off their stuff.
2. a;lskdjfkdsjf;jd;safiajdsfasd

What? WHAAAAT?! Smash Bros. news BEFORE E3? (O_O);

Pikmin 3 looks great so far. Olimar should stay for Smash... I mean he's the protagonist in two of three games and the most iconic character of the franchise, so it makes sense. Just add to his moveset the new Pikmin and you're done.

Unless future Pikmin games keep featuring new characters, I don't think any Pikmin wars are justifiable.
I still think Olimar needs to be worked out a lot better than he was in Brawl. I didn't like how you had very little control over which Pikmin to use and which ones to pluck.

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Was asleep during the presentation, but I honestly wouldn't have imagined that I would have been all SEGA. Wouldn't take this as SONIC CONFIRMED FOR SMASH 4, as that would be admitting Namco Bandai for Smash 4.

Definitely a major boost for the Wii U. Was personally surprised that Sonic Lost Worlds was a Nintendo exclusive based on previous hints. More Game Gear games is always good. Am really only disappointed that they didn't announce the 3D Sega Classic games like Space Harrier or Sonic 1.

As for the next Nintendo Direct, honestly BEFORE E3 is awesome, especially since we'll get a days notice in advance of it happening. I'm just praying I'm not doing anything during the time it airs, for I won't sleep over this one.

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
Potential Smash demos at Best Buy with Sonic's super high chances of returning getting super higher? I'm happy, E3 can't come soon enough.

And about that twitter announcement, we were told this before and I'm betting the before E3 announcement will be held the morning of or the day before Nintendo's smaller shows become official. That's my guess anyway.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
In regards to Sonic Lost Worlds, a few people on the SEGA Forums are hella salty about it being Nintendo exclusive. :laugh:

D

Deleted member

I won't lie, I would have no objection to Sega being 1st/2nd party to Nintendo (at the very least we would get Tails in Smash and I'd actually bother supporting Bayonetta). I don't think this news relates to Sonic's chances of returning, but it's nice to hear that a likely good game is coming from Sonic.

Wish the promotion would come to my town, but it's likely not.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
With no 3rd party characters cut it seems likely we'll get a 3rd party newcomer or two as well.

**** this ****.

Besides not liking it, the speculation might go over the roof again regarding 3rd party character supporters who feel overly confident. Honestly, I was sick and tired to debate how much more likely Diddy Kong was as a newcomer over the likes of Chrono Trigger, Geno, Bomberman and Simon Belmont. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom