• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I actually do hope sound becomes a type. It is some sort of weird sub type now

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
So what are you guys expecting the visuals to be like and what do you want them to be like?

I'm expecting an evolution of Brawl. The colors a little more washed out with everything looking less cartoony than Melee again.

I figure the general scale of characters will be the same with everyone just as tall as they were in Brawl.

What I want is an extremely colorful and vibrant art style like Melee. With the same "realistic" proportions th characters gained in Brawl.

I wonder if Brawl toned down its color pallet to disguise the jump in horse power between the games and their respective systems? With the colors toned down you are given the allusion that things look more realistic, at least in my mind.

Just hope things get as bright and vibrant as Melee or say something like Galaxy.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I honestly don't know what to expect in terms of visual style. What I'd like is something more bright and colorful, maybe cel-shaded?

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I wouldn't be surprised to see a number of things changed given this is the biggest opportunity to rebuild the series. I could see the scales being shifted in regards to character size. Starfox characters may become taller, Pikachu smaller, Ness and Lucas a bit bigger, etc. I'd like to see them actually saturate the colors up from Brawl's really ****ty art direction. As we've seen in the mods, the saturated colors do the characters a lot more justice.

And what realistic proportions in Brawl?

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I think since Sakurai said Capcom characters are definitely going to be in it, then all the characters will look like those altered NES Mega Man sprites you see everywhere by very talented spriters. I mean Sakurai said it's difficult to accommodate the different styles between third-party characters, so this is the obvious solution.

D

Deleted member

I think since Sakurai said Capcom characters are definitely going to be in it, then all the characters will look like those altered NES Mega Man sprites you see everywhere by very talented spriters. I mean Sakurai said it's difficult to accommodate the different styles between third-party characters, so this is the obvious solution.
I would actually like to see a flash game like that occur just to see how funny some of these characters occur. Not in Smash mind you, but a flash game would definitely be something I'd consider playing.

Imagine Mega Man going against:

Marth Man
Pikachu Man
Dixie Woman
etc...

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I would actually like to see a flash game like that occur just to see how funny some of these characters occur. Not in Smash mind you, but a flash game would definitely be something I'd consider playing.

Imagine Mega Man going against:

Marth Man
Pikachu Man
Dixie Woman
etc...

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
I liked Brawl's art direction. It felt right for what it attempted through Subspace.
I'm starting to think Smashboards is the only competent place for Smash speculation.
It's also the official home of ~automatic (that's me) and the go to place for videos and metagame stuff.

EDIT: We also came up with Capture the Snake and Duelist Pro on this forum.

Do you think this is funny Nintendo? You see me get hype over the Animal Crossing hardware and then you parade this, the mint green and SMT hardware once I pre-order my AC 3DS? I bet Iwata is having a good laugh over this with all those Luigis that appeared out of nowhere last Nintendo Direct.

D

Deleted member

People crack me up...

I love those guys who think that competitive Smashers are **** with items and Smash balls (Smashchu).

Just played a few rounds of PM against some dudes from /v/, and one dude, after taking a couple beatings against my Snake and Falco, gets pissed off, sets items on high, Bumpers and Smash Balls only, and picks Luigi. Then I end up beating him even worse with Peach.

I don't wanna sound lack a braggart, but that **** cracked me up, because he he gave me the empression he expected he would destroy me with that cheap trick, and I ended up turning the tables on him.

Anyway, I really like PM Zelda, she reminds me a lot of Mu-12. I wish Sakurai and Namco would take pointers from PM.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
I never really got why people think that. Someone who is fully proficient with FG basics is more likely to severely whoop on someone who doesn't understand basic aspects; especially with items.

If this person from /v/ was playing PM I'm sure s/he would be familiar enough with basic stuff (since PM is the "competitive hack"); but If they're solely banking on items spawning right next to them to win just one then that shows you how skilled they are (and they should really know better).

EDIT: Brawl minus is best hack imo. If it were as promoted as PM a lot more people would be playing B minus.

D

Deleted member

I never really got why people think that. Someone who is fully proficient with the FG basics of the game is more likely to severely whoop on someone who doesn't understand basic aspects; especially with items.

If this person from /v/ was playing PM I'm sure s/he would be familiar enough with basic concepts (since PM is the "competitive hack"); but If they're solely banking on items spawning right next to them to win just one then that shows you how skilled they are (and they should really know better).
Well, he initially insisted on Brawl, but I insisted for PM because I don't like the Brawl physics, and I like my hacked costumes.

So I guess he has PM because the characters play differently, and it's got some neat stages you can use against other people online.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I never really got why people think that. Someone who is fully proficient with FG basics is more likely to severely whoop on someone who doesn't understand basic aspects; especially with items.

If this person from /v/ was playing PM I'm sure s/he would be familiar enough with basic stuff (since PM is the "competitive hack"); but If they're solely banking on items spawning right next to them to win just one then that shows you how skilled they are (and they should really know better).

EDIT: Brawl minus is best hack imo. If it were as promoted as PM a lot more people would be playing B minus.
I think it's this impression that all fights look the same and are predictable when you don't have items. Alternatively, it might be because they feel the game is too slow without the items increasing the pace. While the latter requires an acquired knowledge/taste, the latter probably has some truth to it. Two things I love about Tekken is how pokes do viable damage to keep you at an advantage, but not dominating while combos are very damaging given their risk and emphasize fundamentals.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
It's definitely rewarding. The hardest things have to do with movement and finding setups (imo). Either way, my point is that Tekken matches can end very quickly if the momentum is kept. When I usually see Melee, Brawl, or PM matches, it seems like a good while to just take down a life. I wonder if the rules should bring the lives back down to 3.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Just finish watching EVA....
I feel like i was tricked into taking a philosophy class.
So many trident layers.

Funny I initially thought the story would be as convoluted as Ghost in the Shell.

D

Deleted member

Just finish watching EVA....
I feel like i was tricked into taking a philosophy class.
So many trident layers.

Funny I initially thought the story would be as convoluted as Ghost in the Shell.
Wait... You just watched ALL OF IT??
Holy **** dude.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I love those guys who think that competitive Smashers are **** with items and Smash balls (Smashchu).
SmashChu does not know what the hell he's talking about most of the time, so it's not really that surprising. To him anything that requires skill is horrible and a sin against humanity.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Wait... You just watched ALL OF IT??
Holy **** dude.
Yup, It was a good way to unwind after being done with a brutal semester! I even had to DVR the Chelsea vs Benfica match I was hooked!
I'll prolly watch the 1st movie tomorrow.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
SmashChu does not know what the hell he's talking about most of the time, so it's not really that surprising. To him anything that requires skill is horrible and a sin against humanity.
Not sure how I'm a part of what ever conversation your having.

For the record, the point I make is that games are about fun not skill which is why competitive games do worse than those that aren't. Just thought I'd clarify.

D

Deleted member

Not sure how I'm a part of what ever conversation your having.

For the record, the point I make is that games are about fun not skill which is why competitive games do worse than those that aren't. Just thought I'd clarify.
Hey Chu.

Wanna play Brawl online? How about proving your point the old fashioned way?

EDIT

I forgot, he's still butthurt and has me on ignore for some reason... Now that's no fun Chu.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Tell us something new.
Sure. My most wanted character for Smash 4 is Roy. :3

Anyway, on the artstyle...I don't really know what to expect. But I'm hoping it's something a little more brighter, perhaps like in Galaxy. Idk, something about Brawl's colours make it a bit hard on my eyes, meaning it's harder for me to concentrate I think versus the brighter Melee palette (I guess you can say my eyes are picky).

Idk about you peeps, but I still get confused when I'm playing Sonic and I'm against the same character. I mean, I just had a team match online. I was playing Sonic as well as an opponent, and for about 30 seconds I was looking at the wrong Sonic lol. I'd be nice if Sonic had a stronger reddish tone, looking more like Knuckles or something.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
If you love Roy so much and you prefer Melee's palette then maybe you should go Play some more Meleeee while you wait. ;)

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm trying Hulu Plus for a week free, and I'm disappointed there is still the same amount of ads

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
so does NOA actually say why they don't localize 3DSes
How many people are actually going to buy it?

I know I'm only going to get a 3DS XL when one comes out with a really cool form. Preferably an NES Themed one

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The best one would be a clear purple 3DS like the N64 controller I liked back in the day so much

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Ace Attorney: Duel Destinies (Ace Attorney 5) is coming to America!

However, it will only be available through the 3DS shop in America.

I'm not sure how I feel about this.

What do you guys think?

lobotheduck21

Smash Master
NNID
@AntwonGodefroy
3DS FC
4914-4683-5067
Ace Attorney: Duel Destinies (Ace Attorney 5) is coming to America!

However, it will only be available through the 3DS shop in America.

I'm not sure how I feel about this.

What do you guys think?
At least it's coming

really makes sense since they save money on cartridges and stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom