• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
There better be a ****storm, otherwise these chats are going to be dull. Dull moments are worse then bad moments. But, it seems like this E3 won't be too bad. Still want to know more about X though.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
There better be a ****storm, otherwise these chats are going to be dull. Dull moments are worse then bad moments. But, it seems like this E3 won't be too bad. Still want to know more about X though.
Which is why we're talking about everything else but Smash. Honestly, these off topic discussions are the best when we have nothing else to talk about.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Wasn't there an E3 livestream and chat for the Backroom last year? I remember that I didn't get to see it since I was away at the time. How did that go, anyone who remembers?

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
What do you wish to see revealed in E3 BTW?

Smash reveal + Symphonia Remake + potential great games coming for Wii U and 3DS would be amazing.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
This whole gun and sword users thing strikes me as funny. Its like people are trying to apply the logic you'd give to fighting games with actual styles (Karate, Capoeria, Boxing, Xing-Yi, etc.) to such a broad spectrum like guns and swords.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I'm starting to think Smashboards is the only competent place for Smash speculation.
For the most part, yeah. Though that will change post E3: then NOWHERE will be a safe place for competent discussion.

Other places do have intelligent posters, it's just they get drowned out by the idiots.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004

Smash reveal + Symphonia Remake + potential great games coming for Wii U and 3DS would be amazing.
Not wishing so much since I don't to have lots of disappointments. I'm just looking at stuff we know is showing (Smash Bros., Pikmin 3, The Wonderful 101, all 3 Zelda games, Mario & Luigi Dream Team, Mario Kart Wii U, Yarn Yoshi, Batman: Arkham Origins, 3D Mario, and Rayman Legends). But I am hoping for another game that is a crossover with Nintendo and a 3rd Party company.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Fire Emblem Fighting Game with Soul Calibur gameplay. That would make my day. (Even though I'm ass at SC)

Or even Soul Calibur X Fire Emblem!

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Get your predictions in at the Roster Prediction Display Thread before E3. I am not giving anyone credit who guesses afterwards.

Put all your months of speculation and "logic" into something substantial.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Fire Emblem Fighting Game with Soul Calibur gameplay. That would make my day. (Even though I'm *** at SC)

Or even Soul Calibur X Fire Emblem!
I get the feeling that a strictly Fire Emblem roster would be narrowed down to things being based on their weapons or classes rather than who's who.

CombustingFetus

Smash Rookie
Man, the Wii U just needs games period. I want to support Nintendo because I love them, but the damn thing needs to give a few reasons to buy it. Smash is obviously the main seller for me, but just putting ANY games on the system would help.

3DS is already dominating this year, don't see how there could be much we don't know about.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

I'll be satisfied just seeing Smash and finding out what Retro has been working on. Some Zelda Wii U info would also be great, but I'm not going to expect much. Oh, and a new IP or two would be nice.

Really they could just have a trailer for Smash and nothing else and I'd be fine.

D

Deleted member

I'll be satisfied just seeing Smash and finding out what Retro has been working on. Some Zelda Wii U info would also be great, but I'm not going to expect much. Oh, and a new IP or two would be nice.

Really they could just have a trailer for Smash and nothing else and I'd be fine.
The only thing I'm looking forward to at E3 is Smash tbh. Everything else is an afterthought.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Could Nintendo package a bundle of 3DS games for the Wii U so they at least have something? Or is the software not compatible across systems?

lobotheduck21

Smash Master
NNID
@AntwonGodefroy
3DS FC
4914-4683-5067
On the music topic

Fave Bands: Cage the Elephant, Gorillaz,
Queen (can't believe no one brought them up)

On E3, lets see
3d mario, X, smash, person of inter- oh sorry watchdogs, rayman origins

Edit: love how the "too many guns" guy brought up Krystal

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
You know what grinds my gears?

There's a live action version of a Year Without a Santa Claus. And the Heat Miser completely botched his song.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I'm worried that Scribblenauts will go the way of Guitar Hero and Rock Band at this point.

lobotheduck21

Smash Master
NNID
@AntwonGodefroy
3DS FC
4914-4683-5067
probably go more of a CoD route, either way, not a direction you want a go (this game does allow adjectives to go with licensed characters, so ZOMBIE BATMAN!!!

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
Smash will be the main draw for my attention at E3. The possibility of something Luigi related is also something I look forward to.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Smash is my biggest subject of interest at E3, though I'm hopeful we'll get something for FExSMT as well. Retro's new project has me intrigued. Everyone seems to want them to keep re-imagining older franchises, but personally I'd like to see the guys at Retro work on an IP of their own and not have to work with someone else’s IP again.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Smash is my biggest subject of interest at E3, though I'm hopeful we'll get something for FExSMT as well. Retro's new project has me intrigued. Everyone seems to want them to keep re-imagining older franchises, but personally I'd like to see the guys at Retro work on an IP of their own and not have to work with someone else’s IP again.
This is what I'd like to see. Retro's obviously good, but I'd like to them try at an original IP. I'd say let them revive an old IP, but the only one that comes to mind is Murasame which would be counter intuitive.
What about Pokemon
Light/Fairy and Sound confirmed I hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom