• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
No. So far, only two of the films have been released in the West with the third one on its way onto Blu-Ray in Japan. TvTropes described this Rebuild as someone who is on antidepressants - still has problems, but it otherwise much better off and functioning.

I'm not impartial to any music except for most recent pop and rap music in America. I particularly enjoy soundtracks, Vocaloid music, Bjork, and foreign music. I'm trying to get into Chinese, Korean, and Latin American music.

@Manly
Don't spoil it.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Music talk? My favored genres are rock, metal, jazz, orchestral and electronic music. Honestly, I like all styles of music, provided the songs sound good to me.

Though, I'm not very picky when it comes to music, I prefer instrumental music over sung music, but I won't deny there are good voices in music as well.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
On a semi-related note to what Corph said, I would KILL for a Blazblue anime.

Seriously, we got Persona 4 and Devil May Cry among others. Blazblue would be perfect for an anime, and more intersting to watch as well.
Oh maaan, seeing Jin. :love:

I believe Gonzo animated the opening. Seeing this makes me want an anime too. Cool stuff.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Music talk? My favored genres are rock, metal, jazz, orchestral and electronic music. Honestly, I like all styles of music, provided the songs sound good to me.

Though, I'm not very picky when it comes to music, I prefer instrumental music over sung music, but I won't deny there are good voices in music as well.
If you like Yoko Kanno, I'd strongly recommend Bjork. This is easily my favorite song I've heard from her:

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I'm open to all types of music except heavy metal where i can't make out a thing these cats be saying.
I'm mostly a 80's disco fever music guy. Love me some Barry White, Bill Withers and Marvin Gaye!

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
Music?
Instrumental mostly, but I prefer some hard rock once and a while, though only one or two bands.
Also, this wins my music stuff forever until I die.

Also, this is pretty cool too:

lobotheduck21

Smash Master
NNID
@AntwonGodefroy
3DS FC
4914-4683-5067
D

Deleted member

THERE BETTER BE A GODDAMN MARTHxZELDA THING IN THAT ANIME, I DON'T EVEN CARE I WOULD BUY 50 COPIES.
Acchi Kochi is just one of those light fluffy cutsie shows with no serious pretense at all, be warned, lots of nosebleeds and cliche and the like.
I will check out MuvLuv and Evangelion (I heard there was a lot to it, so I don't know what I'm getting into), I have no interest in School Days because of its dark as hell angst drama stupidity-fest that is much like Toradora (which I wasn't particularly fond of either, but it was light and easier) because of the stupidity level it has (isn't that the one with the endings where people get throat slashed?).

Cube thing!
I can imagine the room empty, but things like to insert themselves and I will not deny them, it has a simple wooden window and a beautiful landscape of a small valley behind illuminated by a golden, radiant sunlight, which gives the cube gradients of the non-reflective white it is. The gradients are soon lightened and surprisingly given a powerful or odd depth by windows that are behind me, I know them to be grand clerestory or rose windows placed high above, I know the space behind me has a much higher ceiling, I know them to display all sorts of beautiful sunlit colors that cast a cool blue light that brings reprieve or peace when a cloud passes and joyous brilliance otherwise.
It is a cube around the width of the waist, perhaps smaller as the size of my head, on a Roman Ionic column pedestal that rests it at about hip height which is just the right height to relax while being in the position to lift it, when lifted it has a solidness of mass that belies the sturdy and thick build of the second layer, which is covered by the gap of first and second layer which is a much lighter and expertly crafted pattern of supports. The mysterious interior and third layer is crafted in the way one leaves room for collapse that actually strengthens the structure in lattice and composition, like the massive density increase of a neutron star or gravity well, though it remains about fifteen pounds.
The ladder is incredibly smooth, it is a rung ladder of golden colored white oak with its strong, dark knots and dimly shining lacquer strengthened in the light, it is crafted by the hand of a master, it stands just to the side of the pedestal, leaning neatly against the wall which seems to carry the same gradients of the cube, but shifting with the light more.
Then the dog I never knew, Egor, which looks like my childhood dog, Monster. My mother told me about Egor, she was a sad, angstish teenager, and she used to walk along the creek and the faithful dog would walk with her as she cried and asked questions about her life. Egor stands attentive, leaning forward, next to the pedestal, lean and muscular, intelligent eyes that show a capacity for knowledge and understanding, and a beautiful coat much like the color and shine of the ladder.

Hahaha, tbh. I watched Toradora expecting another School Days. It was part of my disappointment. I actually liked the mind**** I got from School Days. Yes School days is a VN where the girls go psycho and ****. The anime picked the one of the bad endings as it's main ending, which imo is what made it good.

As for cutesy harem shows... You ever watch Haganai? I've only watched S1, but I might hop into S2 soon. I liked it for what it was.

Though Bakemonogatari is the better "harem" show, mostly because it's only a harem by definition. And because Araragi is the best Main Character to come along in a long time.

Anyway, cube thing:

Well first off, I must say you have an appreciation for the sereneness and beauty of nature. For this reason I have to assume you are someone with an artistic affinity and who prefers solitude and peace over other things.

On the cube... Jesus man, could you have made it any more difficult?

Alright lets give it a shot.

First off it's clear you're someone who pays a lot of attention to detail. Likewise, the cube resting on such a significant pedestal means you have a lot of self-worth. You value yourself rather highly and I assume this must come from that artistic afinity I previously mentioned. Yet, you're humble about it, you don;t normally go boasting to others about how great you are, though you still have a rather high ego. Which is good. You feel as though your rather simple exterior hides a lot of very powerful potential and once again I must assume this relates back to art again, considering how many refernces are left for it.
Likewise, the cube reflecting the gradients of the exterior must refer to how well you are able to reflect the world around you. You like to express your ideas in such a way that they express your perception of the world.

The ladder once again carries that grandiose importance and detail found in the cube, the gold also symbolizes how much value you place in your goals. To you it's not about how high they might take you, but about how much they mean to you. Likewise the ladder carrying gradients means that your goals are intertwined with your desire to express yourself. The ladder being closer to the cube means that you feel not only attached to your goals, but also confident that they are within your reach.

The dog couldn't be more obvious. What you want is a person who is not only loyal, but a dear and personal friend. Someone with who you can share a deep and intimate bond with that cannot be replicated by others. Similar to one that someone may have with a very good dog. The dog standing attentive further emphasizes this desire for someone who can not only listen to you, but share experiences of your understanding of the world with you. The dog's coat reflecting the beauty of the outside world means precisely that. You have an affinity for artistic and aesthetically beautiful things, but under your own terms of what you define as beautiful.

Close?

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
On the music talk...I'm not that picky. Really, I love music in all genres. Hmm, though if I had to pick, I guess my faves would be: Classic Rock, Indie, Jazz, Golden Oldies, 70s, 80s, 90s...

Then we into Electronic: Dark psy, Balearic trance, Chiptunes, Oldskool rave...there's probably more. :laugh:

Oh, I also like International stuff as well as Worldbeat. There's just so much I like, can't really decide lol.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I didn't use to like instrumental music because I thought real songs were supposed to have lyrics. Now, while I still enjoy vocals in my music, I can really appreciate instrumental music now. I like to "paint landscapes with music" as I'm listening to it.

Also, this song is my muse and made me realize I wanted a more creative job:

D

Deleted member

I'm open to all types of music except heavy metal where i can't make out a thing these cats be saying.
I'm mostly a 80's disco fever music guy. Love me some Barry White, Bill Withers and Marvin Gaye!
Oh ****!

We talking Metal?

**** yeah! Gimme a sec:
[collapse= Prepare your ears for the MANLIEST music you'll ever hear]
[/collapse]

Listen to ALL OF IT. Your balls will drop and you'll get such an influx of TESTOSTERONE that you'll go out right now and get in a fight with a bear and kick its ass. Then you'll climb the tallest mountain and claim the victory only the strongest of men can claim.

@Croph,

Calamity Trigger has the best intro, I swear.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I prefer alternative. Mostly from the 90's and early 00's

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Got nothing but Video Game related songs on my Ipod (nothing from OCremix if that may surprise some). But other than that I prefer Orchestra, Jazz, and on occasion, Country and old time Rock. Only genres I really dislike would be Pop, Rap, and Christian Rock.

D

Deleted member

Got nothing but Video Game related songs on my Ipod (nothing from OCremix if that may surprise some). But other than that I prefer Orchestra, Jazz, and on occasion, Country and old time Rock. Only genres I really dislike would be Pop, Rap, and Christian Rock.
>disliking Christian Rock

really dude?

But Pillar and Thousand Foot Crutch are pretty good...

**** gets me REAL pumped at the gym.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
If you want to hear a really manly song, listen to Bob Seger singing Turn the Page. Classy, deep, and comes with a testosterone glazed growl. (around 4:11)

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
>disliking Christian Rock

really dude?
It's just always made me roll my eyes for whatever reason. Also brings up memories of a Christian camp I went to where we'd do sing-a-longs next to lake late at night, I dislike singing/dancing in general and the mosquitoes were god awful. Would probably appreciate it better in private settings, as I like to worship/give thanks in my own way rather than in a large group (bar Sunday mass) or during times when my attention is focused elsewhere.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Hahaha, tbh. I watched Toradora expecting another School Days. It was part of my disappointment. I actually liked the mind**** I got from School Days. Yes School days is a VN where the girls go psycho and ****. The anime picked the one of the bad endings as it's main ending, which imo is what made it good.
As for cutesy harem shows... You ever watch Haganai? I've only watched S1, but I might hop into S2 soon. I liked it for what it was.
Though Bakemonogatari is the better "harem" show, mostly because it's only a harem by definition. And because Araragi is the best Main Character to come along in a long time.
Harem anime is entertaining, but it feels lacking to me, but if it's cutesy. . . . Is Araragi hotblooded by any chance? He he he.
Anyway, cube thing:

Well first off, I must say you have an appreciation for the sereneness and beauty of nature. For this reason I have to assume you are someone with an artistic affinity and who prefers solitude and peace over other things.

On the cube... Jesus man, could you have made it any more difficult?

Alright lets give it a shot.

First off it's clear you're someone who pays a lot of attention to detail. Likewise, the cube resting on such a significant pedestal means you have a lot of self-worth. You value yourself rather highly and I assume this must come from that artistic afinity I previously mentioned. Yet, you're humble about it, you don;t normally go boasting to others about how great you are, though you still have a rather high ego. Which is good. You feel as though your rather simple exterior hides a lot of very powerful potential and once again I must assume this relates back to art again, considering how many refernces are left for it.
Likewise, the cube reflecting the gradients of the exterior must refer to how well you are able to reflect the world around you. You like to express your ideas in such a way that they express your perception of the world.

The ladder once again carries that grandiose importance and detail found in the cube, the gold also symbolizes how much value you place in your goals. To you it's not about how high they might take you, but about how much they mean to you. Likewise the ladder carrying gradients means that your goals are intertwined with your desire to express yourself. The ladder being closer to the cube means that you feel not only attached to your goals, but also confident that they are within your reach.

The dog couldn't be more obvious. What you want is a person who is not only loyal, but a dear and personal friend. Someone with who you can share a deep and intimate bond with that cannot be replicated by others. Similar to one that someone may have with a very good dog. The dog standing attentive further emphasizes this desire for someone who can not only listen to you, but share experiences of your understanding of the world with you. The dog's coat reflecting the beauty of the outside world means precisely that. You have an affinity for artistic and aesthetically beautiful things, but under your own terms of what you define as beautiful.

Close?
Holy guacamole, I didn't even realize I made something deep like that, wow.
I am an introvert, ever so slightly, I love peace and solitude, but I like war, odd? Nah, "Just War" exists. I guess it means peace in the, uh, deeper meaning? Like, more inward and peace to those around me maybe.
In my head I had much more of the scenery behind the window and behind where I looked, I can imagine worlds and lofty mountain grandeur, and wooded foothills, and flat plains with golden grasses and wildflowers and the sky which dominates the vision with powerful thunderheads towering high and shafts of light peeking from the sides of a north front cloud wall and the following wake of green sky and lightning smell and dampness, I can hear the rustling of jimmies from miles away across the plains over the blowing of grass in the wind as the peace and solace washes over me despite the threatening weather, all of this beyond the green, low valley that is home to the building I was in. Over it all I can hear beauty, if I can say one thing it is that my life is wrapped in music, those songs from the Honors Chorus, from church choir, varsity choir, from my endless YouTube searches, now the St. Olav Choir, now Sergei Rachmaninoff, now Dvorak, now Beethoven, now Arvo Part, now Dickens and Cummings and The Psalms as all the great poetry set to beautiful arrangements, now Stravinsky, now Debussy and Joplin, now Art Blakey and the Jazz Messengers, now Exist Strategy, the lists are endless, compositions unparalleled in majesty and lifting the heart, all reverberating also from the - what I now think to be - grand chapel behind me.

Well, the pedestal, the Corinthian column is a later, taller, and much more extravagant version, and I also have a fondness for the Doric columns, and my second thought after seeing the Ionic head was to review the base, which was a large Doric base. Dorics are the older, wider, shorter columns, to me they symbolize the an incredibly strong root in the Stoic philosophy, which I define as an unfeeling and unemotional thing, and immediately Thales, Socratese, Plato and Aristotle, the expansion of a theory long coming through generations of teachers and thought, and Descartes all came to mind, they were, to me, the height of philosophical thought, surpassed only by Thomas Aquinas, Gregory The Great, and Agustine of Hippo and the like, all rooted in schools of logic and reason that went beyond Stoic's completely placid and hard determination. I didn't think much of it at the time, and probably should have said something about it, but the Ionic head seemed more convincing and prominent, and to tell you the truth I have no analysis of my own about the Ionic head, and I'm slightly bewildered. It's beautiful, I know, but it's not showy or Corinthian, and I guess it is significant, I view Ionic now as I look back as probably the best, my favorite, it had a balance and elegance you don't find in any of the others, though the Composite order was cool too. Funny thing, though, they're all columns, which are supposed to be the structure of a building.

When I talked to two different friends, both female, about the woman I love (urgh, even thinking about her now sends my head spinning and my heart aflutter) both had the same response: "Jon has FEELINGS?" Both were said jokingly, but. . . they hurt me, slightly, but I very easily, like, I just forget them, forget things that hurt me, or when I remember back on them I don't really feel hurt or anything. It feels weird because people talk about all these feelings and emotions and drama and stuff and it makes me sick, but I feel like it's expected to resent those who hurt you, or remember your pains well, I just don't. I guess I'm glad, ha ha.

I pray constantly for humility, that the Lord would beat me down with such severity that my pride would never rise again if it would be necessary, but I also pray the temptation (or trial) will not be necessary to attain the virtue. It is probably the most elusive and powerful virtue of man, the key to this, I have been told, is being magnanimous, and I just realized how that word connects to the above paragraph, huh.

Now that I think about it, both the ladder and the cube are very simple, but I can't help but give them great detail.

On the ladder, I still have no idea what my vocation is or what I want to do, ha ha :). The ladder is just leaning against the wall, but I did not think of that at all when I thought of the ladder, it just was.

Oh that woman I love, she is like my dear and personal friend Mary of the Assumption <3. I know that most dogs do not have the capacity to understand many things as they carry neither sapience nor sentience, but this dog, it knew, so I guess you're spot on. One thing I didn't think about until now is the physical aspect: The dog is muscular and lean and taut, the woman I love is in track, and she's usually tense, only a few of her close friends can get her to relax when she's in the right environment.

Anyways, thanks, this gives me some nice outside introspection, there's so much still left unsaid, goodnight.

D

Deleted member

Harem anime is entertaining, but it feels lacking to me, but if it's cutesy. . . . Is Araragi hotblooded by any chance? He he he.
No worries bro.

Keep in mind it's just a nlind interpretation. People are MUCH more than some silly cold reading. It's just what you seem to project based on your current outlook on life.

On Araragi, he is a bit hotblooded at times, but most of the time he's a pretty regular guy, he's unique though, he's among my favorite male anime characters as I can really relate to him, which says a lot about his character really.

Here's a funny clip from the series that sort of captures the witty style of it:

FourStar

Smash Ace
LOL am i the only one that really likes the music from the smash games? like i actually have them on my ipod

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Oh neat, music. Have no idea what this has to do with Super Smash Bros in this context, but I don't expect much from this thread.

Christian Rock? That's a very specific genre to target. Granted I'm not necessarily a big fan of contemporary Christian music, but as a Christian, I have very different reasons for those opinions. The lack of Baroque disturbs me. I'm equally surprised no one has mentioned J-Pop seeing as how during the days of the back room some of those weird music videos were making the rounds.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
too lazy LOL you wanna sum it up for me?
Nope.

If you're too lazy you can just learn to not be lazy. It's reading. It takes no physical effort whatsoever. You can do that much.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Oh neat, music. Have no idea what this has to do with Super Smash Bros in this context, but I don't expect much from this thread.
Wouldn't expect anything in a social thread. Is kinda nice to see the track record for staying on-topic in the main threads go up though.

too lazy LOL you wanna sum it up for me?
We all like video games and video game music.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104

Christian Rock? That's a very specific genre to target. Granted I'm not necessarily a big fan of contemporary Christian music, but as a Christian, I have very different reasons for those opinions. The lack of Baroque disturbs me. I'm equally surprised no one has mentioned J-Pop seeing as how during the days of the back room some of those weird music videos were making the rounds.
Here's our daily weird J-Pop video, coming directly from Ms. Kyary.

And I've indirectly mentioned J-Pop with Vocaloid where most Vocaloid music IS J-Pop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom