• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I'm joking. I think the English GT intro was stupid.

Did you ever watch Sailor Moon in Spanish? From the bits I've watched online, I was genuinely impressed. Likewise, I hear its German dub is considered among the best. Neither of the two did any extensive editing, if at all beyond name changes.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
America's Dragon Ball intro was almost idenical but in English

America also had the best Dragon Ball Z intro

D

Deleted member

I'm joking. I think the English GT intro was stupid.

Did you ever watch Sailor Moon in Spanish? From the bits I've watched online, I was genuinely impressed. Likewise, I hear its German dub is considered among the best. Neither of the two did any extensive editing, if at all beyond name changes.
I fugured you were, but still...

Anyway, I did actually watch the Mexican dub of Sailor Moon. I would watch it from time to time as a kid because it would always come on before Garfield and Friends, though I don't remember a THING about that show, I was like 6 at the time.

Anyway, best DBZ dub has to go the the Funimation dub, it's arguably better than the original, the VA's are damn good. Best dub intros go to Mexico though, especially the Dragonball one, imo, it's better than the origninal as well.

@Psycho

Rock the Dragon was cool and all, but you guys didn't get Chala Head Cha La. You missed out. It's like One Piece without We Are.

Enjoy your One Piece Rap:

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
On the bright side, we did get We Are with Funimation's English release. Speaking of which, you can watch all the episodes they've dubbed legally here: http://www.onepieceofficial.com/

And that old DBZ intro is so 90's, it's not funny. I still remember seeing that for the first time and was hyped to see DBZ. I still remember how it seemed like years before we saw Trunks. I kept wondering who the sword guy was until he showed up.

Sailor Moon's Latin American dub, IIRC, dubbed the original intro and the first ending theme at the very least. There's a rendition of the Sailor Stars openin, but I have no idea if that was used in its dub since I'm going off of second hand accounts.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
I honestly don't care what sort of dubbing atrocities that Funimation has committed in the past. They absolutely nailed Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Soul Eater, and Fairy Tail (So far. Now they just need to release the REST of it...). They have my immense respect.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
♫ Acercandose el peligro viene yaa ♪
This intro was teh business dude. I could never get into english dub animu because the VA and intros in Spanish were so goddamn great!

Btw, they also had Sailor Moon on Azteca 7 at 1PM Tijuana time, right before Ranma came on Canal 5.

D

Deleted member

♫ Acercandose el peligro viene yaa ♪
This intro was teh business dude. I could never get into english dub animu because the VA and intros in Spanish were so goddamn great!

Btw, they also had Sailor Moon on Azteca 7 at 1PM Tijuana time, right before Ranma came on Canal 5.
I used to watch DB/DBZ on Canal 5 every night at like 8pm or something. Good times. What I would give to be a kid again...

I haven't seen a new anime since at least 2006

Then I thoroughly recommend something else. If you want action, go with Fate Zero, it's a lot more mature than Fairy Tail and the story is well paced. It was one of my favorite shows from last year, and the animation is DAMN good:

Nisemonogatari was very good too, but it's not really action, plus Nise is a sequel to Bakemonogatari.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Guys, I just made a meaty post the Anna thread. Come at me <3

Oh, Dragonball intros?
The one from when I was a little kid. Yeah, that one, the old English intro. I don't have much to add to this discussion :(
I just hope someone picks up the anime classics, as well as some romantic animes: "Kaichou Wa Maid Sama", "Toradora!", you name it.
Also, you guys should watch Super Atragon, not only is it a good/solid and some would say cookiecutter story, it is also short and sweet, and it also has the most epic, as well as it's super atmospheric creepy music and calmer orchestrated/choired beauties, as hell full orchestrated compositions and musics, ALL of them are OST.
I also recommend the 9th one on that playlist.

D

Deleted member

Guys, I just made a meaty post the Anna thread. Come at me <3

Oh, Dragonball intros?
The one from when I was a little kid. Yeah, that one, the old English intro. I don't have much to add to this discussion :(
I just hope someone picks up the anime classics, as well as some romantic animes: "Kaichou Wa Maid Sama", "Toradora!", you name it.
>Toradora

NO

**** NO!

I hated that damn show.

Nothing but bull**** forced teenage drama, and the plot twist was ALL kinds of ********. Not to mention the best girl was pushed aside for some flat-chested generic tsundere.

It was hardly "The greatest love story ever told." Mexican soap operas tell better love stories than that overrated piece of crap. You want a decent love story, go watch Yasuga no Sora, at least the taboo aspect makes it interesting.

But for a good heart-wrenching love story you gotta turn to Visual Novels, MuvLuv Alternative, albeit long is a DAMN good sci-fi/romance.

D

Deleted member

Who could forget this masterpiece?
That was awful to listen to. I'm not sure where they got that trash from.

Like ManlySpirit said, nothing beats "Cha-la Head Cha-la", though "Rock the Dragon" was awesome at the time. Such good memories of Toonami while DBZ was on...

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
What's funny is that my younger sister was never a fan of anime (I kept trying to get her into anime last year), until I recently showed her Ouran High School Host Club, though I don't think it was a good idea (she didn't understand it's a parody. Nor the various cliches and character types it parodies. Though, I'm not saying you have to know them in order to enjoy it.). And everything kinda kick-started after that...

Though, now I think I regret it. Now she's watching all these cutesy/fluffy anime like 24/7 that I can only take so much of. :laugh:

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
>Toradora
NO
**** NO!
I hated that damn show.
Nothing but bull**** forced teenage drama, and the plot twist was ALL kinds of ********. Not to mention the best girl was pushed aside for some flat-chested generic tsundere.
It was hardly "The greatest love story ever told." Mexican soap operas tell better love stories than that overrated piece of crap. You want a decent love story, go watch Yasuga no Sora, at least the taboo aspect makes it interesting.
But for a good heart-wrenching love story you gotta turn to Visual Novels, MuvLuv Alternative, albeit long is a DAMN good sci-fi/romance.
HEY I DIDN'T SAY THEY HAD TO BE GOOD I JUST WANT SOME ROMANCE ANIMES HERE GOSH.
Toradora is really deep mang, real deep, but yes some of their decisions, like all classic Ronin (and Tsundere and insert other labels here blah blah etc.) characters, are stupid, just like teenage forced drama. Suspend your disbelief, pieces that are moderate in nature can become good if you are sufficiently well versed in literature to distinguish themes and meanings, and cast aside all pretense of overrating, or that it's even a good story. Most of my heartwrenching did come from how stupid they were, but that's part of it, how stupid teenagers can be, I've seen this stuff happen. It makes my blood run cold and a cold sweat, it's kinda like how people like horror movies.

How about a palate cleanser?

50 billionth edit: OH HOW ABOUT ACCHI KOCHI?
And mister, you never analyzed my Cube/Ladder/Animal personality test thingy :c

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Pokemon Rap > Everything else.
Charmeleon! War-Tor-Tle! Mewtwo, Tentacruel, Areodatactly, Omanyte, Slowpoke, Pidgeot, Arbok! That's all folks!
#Bars

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Atragon? What a bizarre thing to make an anime out of. Maybe people started liking that silly flying drill boat after Gurren Lagann.

D

Deleted member

HEY I DIDN'T SAY THEY HAD TO BE GOOD I JUST WANT SOME ROMANCE ANIMES HERE GOSH.
Toradora is really deep mang, real deep, but yes some of their decisions, like all classic Ronin (and Tsundere and insert other labels here blah blah etc.) characters, are stupid, just like teenage forced drama. Suspend your disbelief, pieces that are moderate in nature can become good if you are sufficiently well versed in literature to distinguish themes and meanings, and cast aside all pretense of overrating, or that it's even a good story. Most of my heartwrenching did come from how stupid they were, but that's part of it, how stupid teenagers can be, I've seen this stuff happen. It makes my blood run cold and a cold sweat, it's kinda like how people like horror movies.

50 billionth edit: OH HOW ABOUT ACCHI KOCHI?
And mister, you never analyzed my Cube/Ladder/Animal personality test thingy :c
Ahh, well link it in a quote, I must have missed it.

Also, I haven't watched Acchi Kochi. I actually haven't watched much anime lately. I've been watching all of the South Park seasons. Season 12 and counting so far.

Seriously dude, you wanna cry ***** tears in a romance series, invest the time to read the MuvLuv trilogy. I GUARANTEE it will tear you appart. MuvLuv is one of the most intense VNs I've read, shame it isn't animated, but honestly, an anime wouldn't do it justice. You just gotta invest the time into it. Now whie MuvLuv isn't the BEST VN out there, it's certainly worth checking out.

Just be warned, prepare for long hours of reading and more reading. If you have nothing planned for the Summer, MuvLuv is a week well spent.

Anyway, I seriously didn't like Toradora. It wasn't deep. You want deep, go watch Evangelion, now THAT'S deep. As for shows about stupid teenagers... You ever watch School Days? If you haven't go do it now. It's an anime you seriously can't miss.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
>Toradora

NO

**** NO!

I hated that damn show.

Damn, you have so far managed to **** on three shows that my sister watches - Nuruturu, Sword Art Online, and now Toradora. By your standards, she has **** tastes. Though she's watching Naruto mostly to see where it ends at this point.

I need some anime to start watching again. I was watching Shirokuma Cafe up until it's end (WHYYYYYY?!) and I need to get back to watching Not King from Tekken Saga and iDolM@ster.

Also, nice boat. Last violent anime I watched was the first season of Higurashi. Shame we never got the second season.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Romance anime? Hmm, not usually my genre unless there's other themes in it (like adventure and psychological). I don't even remember the last romance anime I've watched that I really liked...Hmm, well, maybe Kaiba (and I'm not talking about the dude from Yu-Gi-Oh! I'm talking about the anime named Kaiba. Y'know, by the same dude who made Mind Game. Maybe? Maybe not?).

Anyway, I don't care if it sucks or not, but if there's a Super Smash anime, I'll buy all the dvds (seriously, is Aoi Sekai no Chushin de the closest thing we got? :c ).

D

Deleted member

Damn, you have so far managed to **** on three shows that my sister watches - Nuruturu, Sword Art Online, and now Toradora. By your standards, she has **** tastes. Though she's watching Naruto mostly to see where it ends at this point.

I need some anime to start watching again. I was watching Shirokuma Cafe up until it's end (WHYYYYYY?!) and I need to get back to watching Not King from Tekken Saga and iDolM@ster.

Also, nice boat. Last violent anime I watched was the first season of Higurashi. Shame we never got the second season.
Hahahaha, well. SAO was pretty bad. Enjoyable, but still pretty bad.

I stopped caring after season 1, though I probably should have kept going with season 2 because of the wincest and the **** episode. I think I did end up watching th **** episode with /a/. SAO was a good idea, with a terrible MC. Kirito is THE definition of bland Gary Stu. I'm fine with Gary Stu characters as long as they are interesing.

You want something to watch, I think Bakemonogatari might be right up your alley. It's one of my favorites.

Also, on "Nice Boat" Another was fun to watch as well. I love those gory horror/mystery anime. Higurashi S1 was pretty good.

D

Deleted member

You guys love anime, would you like an anime or animated art direction for Smash?
Neither, anime/manga style should stay where it belongs.

I hate when people PURPOSELY draw characters in a generic anime style. Likewise, said style is hard to define these days anyway. (note I said generic)

On a semi-related note to what Corph said, I would KILL for a Blazblue anime.

Seriously, we got Persona 4 and Devil May Cry among others. Blazblue would be perfect for an anime, and more intersting to watch as well.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I'm finally done with school!
I'm about to start watching EVA like you suggested Manly. Anything i should be mindful of??

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
Mexican soap operas tell better love stories than that overrated piece of crap.
I love the fact that even though they've always been the worst things on television, novelas were pretty popular all over Europe and Asia until the late 90's; and they're still somewhat relevant in some countries. When I had my exchange to Italy my host parents asked me if Veronica Castro and Mari Mar (who was a character from a novela, not an actress) had been up to filming anything new; I didn't even know how to respond since I didn't know who those people were, lol.

That was awful to listen to.
Which is why it's so unforgettable, it's such a bad intro, lmao. I hate how Funimation had to pander to musical zeitgeist in order to appeal to viewers but everyone does it so whatever. Be glad DBGT wasn't released nowadays. The intro would have probably been either dubstep or indie folk with mandolin and ukelele (which I would actually be OK with).

D

Deleted member

I'm about to start watching EVA like you suggested Manly. Anything i should be mindful of??
It's got a very slow start but don't give up till you watch the credits roll in the movie.

Also the movie you wanna watch is called "End of Evangalion" and it's what makes the whole series.

Also also, the last two episodes of the series will either confuse you or piss you off, or both.

Them you'll likely be left with a ton of questions, which I'll gladly answer.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Be aware of very confusing scenes that have led to years of theories along with several moments where therapy would've been useful.

Alternatively, there are the rebuild films.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Anyway, I don't care if it sucks or not, but if there's a Super Smash anime, I'll buy all the dvds (seriously, is Aoi Sekai no Chushin de the closest thing we got? :c ).
THERE BETTER BE A GEDDAN MARTHxZELDA THING IN THAT ANIME, I DON'T EVEN CARE I WOULD BUY 50 COPIES EVEN IF IT WAS A SPLIT SECOND SIDE EPISODE.
Ahh, well link it in a quote, I must have missed it.
Also, I haven't watched Acchi Kochi. I actually haven't watched much anime lately. I've been watching all of the South Park seasons. Season 12 and counting so far. Anyway, I seriously didn't like Toradora. It wasn't deep. You want deep, go watch Evangelion, now THAT'S deep. As for shows about stupid teenagers... You ever watch School Days? If you haven't go do it now. It's an anime you seriously can't miss.
Acchi Kochi is just one of those light fluffy cutsie shows with no serious pretense at all, be warned, lots of nosebleeds and cliche and the like.
I will check out MuvLuv and Evangelion (I heard there was a lot to it, so I don't know what I'm getting into), I have no interest in School Days because of its dark as hell angst drama stupidity-fest that is much like Toradora (which I wasn't particularly fond of either, but it was light and easier) because of the stupidity level it has (isn't that the one with the endings where people get throat slashed?).

Cube thing!
I can imagine the room empty, but things like to insert themselves and I will not deny them, it has a simple wooden window and a beautiful landscape of a small valley behind illuminated by a golden, radiant sunlight, which gives the cube gradients of the non-reflective white it is. The gradients are soon lightened and surprisingly given a powerful or odd depth by windows that are behind me, I know them to be grand clerestory or rose windows placed high above, I know the space behind me has a much higher ceiling, I know them to display all sorts of beautiful sunlit colors that cast a cool blue light that brings reprieve or peace when a cloud passes and joyous brilliance otherwise.
It is a cube around the width of the waist, perhaps smaller as the size of my head, on a Roman Ionic column pedestal that rests it at about hip height which is just the right height to relax while being in the position to lift it, when lifted it has a solidness of mass that belies the sturdy and thick build of the second layer, which is covered by the gap of first and second layer which is a much lighter and expertly crafted pattern of supports. The mysterious interior and third layer is crafted in the way one leaves room for collapse that actually strengthens the structure in lattice and composition, like the massive density increase of a neutron star or gravity well, though it remains about fifteen pounds.
The ladder is incredibly smooth, it is a rung ladder of golden colored white oak with its strong, dark black knots and dimly shining lacquer strengthened in the light, it is crafted by the hand of a master, it stands just to the side of the pedestal, leaning neatly against the wall which seems to carry the same gradients of the cube, but shifting with the light more.
Then the dog I never knew, Egor, which looks like my childhood dog, Monster. My mother told me about Egor, she was a sad, angstish teenager, and she used to walk along the creek and the faithful dog would walk with her as she cried and asked questions about her life. Egor stands attentive, leaning forward, next to the pedestal, lean and muscular, intelligent eyes that show a capacity for knowledge and understanding, and a beautiful coat much like the color and shine of the ladder.

D

Deleted member

Be aware of very confusing scenes that have led to years of theories along with several moments where therapy would've been useful.

The rebuilds are sequels though.

intro would have probably been either dubstep or indie folk with mandolin and ukelele (which I would actually be OK with).
Considering most people these days confuse Dubstep with Drum and Bass, and DnB downright kicks ass, I'd be VERY fine with that.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
It's got a very slow start but don't give up till you watch the credits roll in the movie.

Also the movie you wanna watch is called "End of Evangalion" and it's what makes the whole series.

Also also, the last two episodes of the series will either confuse you or piss you off, or both.

Them you'll likely be left with a ton of questions, which I'll gladly answer.
Alright cool. i'm gonna watch the first 2 episode now.

What? Are the rebuild series truncated versions of the original?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom