• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
The only thing that interests me about that rumor is the mention of Project HAMMER. Doubt it, but it would be nice to see that game being developed again.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
I still would like to see how the internet is going to explode if that Goku gets in. :laugh:
'Twould be even better if one of his color palettes was orange and blue like DBZ Goku's, revealed at the same time.
This is pretty much the reaction:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It seems to be your reaction to everything from seeing your sig

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I love seeing obvious crap like this in rumors:

Well, no ****!
A lot of that obvious stuff is added so they look partially credible when it turns out to be true, and they can say they've been "correct in the past". They also try and get you to forget all the other crap that wasn't true by saying stuff like it wasn't "100% confirmed" or whatever.

vicgur

Smash Ace
A lot of that obvious stuff is added so they look partially credible when it turns out to be true, and they can say they've been "correct in the past". They also try and get you to forget all the other crap that wasn't true by saying stuff like it wasn't "100% confirmed" or whatever.
Yeah, being in the Smash Bros. fandom really taught me the main formula of those rumors. It's funny how all the rumors look and sound the same, even when they're about different topics.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
What does this mean

-Next handheld is code-named ‘Project Immersive’
Is Nintendo already planning the next gen handhelds or something? That would be stupid as the 3DS is doing well

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
That's another reason this rumor is nonsense. There's no way Nintendo would be ready to shift the focus away from the 3DS considering how well it's doing and the fact that they have upcoming 3DS games to promote. Not to mention its only been on the market like two years.

I'm sure they're already planning the next handheld, considering the Wii U started being developed in 2008, but it'll still be several years til we hear about it.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
What does this mean

Is Nintendo already planning the next gen handhelds or something? That would be stupid as the 3DS is doing well
The only ones who believe that are people who are still salty about the 3DS not having a 2nd analogue stick

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
"Going Turbo" is first spoken by M. Bison, in a nod to Super Street Fighter II: Turbo (as well as Street Fighter II Turbo aka "Hyper Fighting" in North America).
  • Actually, it's a non-sexual Double Entendre, with the other meaning explained later with the story of Turbo. Though having M. Bison be the first character to reference Turbo before they explain what it refers to is probably an intentional misdirection...
It misdirected me all right. I thought they were referring to street fighter Turbo...Or more specifically Capcom's style of rehashing the same game over and over with a few changes

Edit: Wrong thread. The Mega Man thread linked the above quote

volbound1700

Smash Master
I think it would be hilarious if Goku was confirmed for Smash 4 as it would throw everyone's theories and arguments on this board out the window.

I consider the rumor to be a joke and unbelievable but it would still be funny. Never played, watched, or read any DBZ stuff so I am very neutral to Goku.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
A while ago I bought the entire series of Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z and even Dragon Ball GT

volbound1700

Smash Master
DBZ really doesn't appeal to me, likely because I was older when it got big. Same holds true for Pokemon and Power Rangers, I missed both of them fortunately and as a older kid, my friends and I picked on people that like those franchises. Only relationship I have ever had with Pokemon is Smash.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I read the Dragon Ball manga, and I thought it was pretty good. Never could sit through the show though.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
DBZ really doesn't appeal to me, likely because I was older when it got big. Same holds true for Pokemon and Power Rangers, I missed both of them fortunately and as a older kid, my friends and I picked on people that like those franchises. Only relationship I have ever had with Pokemon is Smash.
I doubt you were as old as me when it was big and I was a fan of the series

so were my classmates

volbound1700

Smash Master
If you like RPGs, you would like Pokémon.

Just saying.
You are likely right and I am not real wild about RPGs other than the live action one like Diablo. In fact that was only RPG I have ever truely liked unless you consider some Zelda titles RPG (AOL had arguably RPG elements and it is one of my favorite games).

volbound1700

Smash Master
I doubt you were as old as me when it was big and I was a fan of the series

so were my classmates
Well I also grew up in the Southern United States. For awhile you were considered a nerd if you played any video games. Also you were a dork if you didn't play all three major sports (American Football, Basketball, and Baseball). I hated sports when I was younger but funny once I got older and they were not a big deal, I started to play them a lot and got really into sports.

My childhood was Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Ghostbusters, He-Man, Original NES, Sega Genesis, and Goldeneye was huge although I never owned a 64.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I was in 5th grade when I came to know about Pokémon, when the anime was first aired in India. I remember how it exploded to popularity immediately, lol.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I was around 2nd/3rd grade (can't remember for sure) when the games and anime arrived to Portugal. It was a massive boom, but it died shortly afterwards, since many watched the anime and played the games to enter the bandwagon.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
What does this mean

Every console starts developing the moment the predecessor is finished. It's how we can have one every 6/7 years...
Do you think the Wii U started development in 2011?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Every console starts developing the moment the predecessor is finished. It's how we can have one every 6/7 years...
Do you think the Wii U started development in 2011?
Did we find out about it this early in the Wii's life?

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
Did we find out about it this early in the Wii's life?
There were rumors about Iwata and other higher ups working on finishing up concept details for a new console which turned out to be the 3DS. It's often reported that as soon as one console is finished work on the next one begins so I'm pretty sure that the WiiU was already starting to come into fruition early into the Wii's cicle while the 3DS was being refined and stuff.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Never played, watched, or read any DBZ stuff so I am very neutral to Goku.
Get out. At least at one point in most people's childhood if you were born in the 90's, you liked either DBZ, Pokemon, or Power Rangers. You filthy deviant!

Though I personally preferred Dragonball to Z.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
It's IGN so it's definitely fake. Can't even tell if it was just one person saying all that or multiple people. Still rumors are a fun way to pass the time.

Roster analysis? I look forward to reading it.
It's hard to say. None of them sound unbelievable. I tried looking though his history and I haven't found where he was right.

As far as the roster analysis, I just have to edit it. It'll be in parts.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
GT was kinda alright. Not completely awful but it was good for bg noise or as tv while the fam had lunch or w/e.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Couldn't really get into GT, Pan and that Robot are just so annoying. I also think the animation style changed/looked darker colored, something about the animation just looked ugly to me.

I will give GT credit, however, for giving a better ending to the series than Dragonball/Z did. I still remember tearing up watching the final episode on Toonami years ago. Was also kinda funny to see the Dragonballs have a little payback for all the "dying has no consequence" elements that Z had going on.

D

Deleted member

Who could forget this masterpiece?
No way.

Mexican dub had the best intros rivalring the Japanese ones:

Vanilla Dragonball still gives me goosebumps to this day.

Cesar Franco man, dude did a damn good job... Whoever he is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom