• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Western Sonic.
Buff Knuckles.
Mechanic Tails (the only one that makes sense to me, and am alright with lol).
And a scary Amy.

Aight.

I have the sneaky suspicion Shadow will be getting a motorcycle and guns again, along with sunglasses. xD
They said something about resetting the cannon a bit...

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
They said something about resetting the canon a bit...
IMO, thank God Sakurai just went with the normal look. This Sonic isn't bad, but it could be much, much worse.
Though, I don't know how Craig Smith will sound saying "YOU'RE TOO SLOW!"

mimgrim

Smash Hero
They said something about resetting the cannon a bit...
I don't know much about Sonic canon, not really that big fan of the series. The only Sonic game I currently own is Shadow the Hedgehog xD. I once owned that RPG sonic thing on the DS, Chronicles or something, and Genesis on the 3DS. Got bored of the former and got bored of the latter after I beat it. I've played a few other, but none of them have really kept my interest. Only Shadow the Hedgehog has kept my interest this whole entire time and idk why since it seems to be one of the most hated games among the fanbase rofl.

But I do wish a few other games would reset their canon, like Star Fox or Metroid or F-Zero ect...

Last edited:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I might have accepted this wholeheartedly if this just WASN'T GOING TO REBOOT THE ENTIRE SERIES' CANON IN WHOLE.

Sonic has quite ran around circles when looking the path he'd be great on but nevertheless, he was as recognizable as he is today...

D

Deleted member

From the vibe the trailer give off, it makes me wonder if Eggman is even in this continuity.

Oniric Spriter

Smash Ace
Ok gameplay looks great, but why did they even needed to redisign them? Heck, I think if they actually added the scarf and bandages to Sonic, Tails etc. it would have been awesome too. Not really a need of a redisign of a previous redisign (something seems off even when you type it).

I'd be ok if it wasn't canon, this is not the Sonic I would like to see make an appearence in a SSB game though. :/

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
TBH, I was actually getting a little tired tired of the previous designs so I really can't complain (but like others said, Knuckles will take some time to adapt).

D

Deleted member

He better be.
I have a feeling that quite a few characters are going to not be present. I'm hoping Eggman isn't one of them.

But....we might as well prepare for the crazed Shadow fanboys. I don't think he's coming back. (Which is bittersweet for me, because I actually liked Shadow, but disliked what he had turned into)

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Ugh, that model of Knuckles...
I will never get used to it. Knuckles is my favorite Sonic character, if they stick with these new models I'll lose my already fleeting faith in the franchise.
I have a feeling that these are just for the cartoon series though. So the game is a licensed game.
Edit: Whelp, there's my third strike.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Ugh, that model of Knuckles...
I will never get used to it. Knuckles is my favorite Sonic character, if they stick with these new models I'll lose my already fleeting faith in the franchise.
I have a feeling that these are just for the cartoon series though. So the game is a licensed game.
I already stopped, mostly because the handheld games are starting to suck.

Thunderfang747

Smash Journeyman
I'm trying to enter this game with an open mind. From what I have been able to gather, Big Red Button is comprised of ex Naughty Dog members which means the game is in good hands. The trailer's location and gameplay feels very Ratchet and Clank to me which could be alright for Sonic I suppose. Co-op, if it is implemented, is iffy. On the one hand it will be great to play with friends. On the other, a lot of times games like this will need to make compromises for Co-Op with extremely linear gameplay and a fixed camera. Hopefully they will find a way to make the multiplayer not get in the way, online only would perhaps be an option but hoping for that might be unrealistic. I will need to see more to have a real opinion, but I am cautiously optimistic besides Knuckles' hideous redesign.

Last edited:

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Why? Because she looks like Rouge 2.0?
Oh jeez...
The fan art.

And I would enter this game with an open mind, but seeing what they've done with my second favorite video game character ever...
Well I don't have high hopes.

Last edited:

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
"The 3DS version is being developed by the team behind the last Sly Cooper."
...All right, you interest me game...

Snowball level...
...Snowball level...
Ten seconds in I figured out how to stop that snowball. Wasn't that bad. Something like kicking it three times?

Anyways, I wasn't too thrilled to hear this was being based on an upcoming cartoon until 'the archvillain fakes an injury and takes Sonic to court.' Objection?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom