• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
So I was reading random things, and I read that Iwata said that Nintendo has a lot of money kept separate from their normal revenue and spending money, and they use this money in case of bad times or if they want to do a major business decision.
One major decision he mentioned is the option of mergers and acquisitions.
Iwata said that Nintendo is actually considering mergers or acquisitions, but he didn't say with what company.

A lot of people on the Internet thing Nintendo could and should do a merger with Disney.

What are your thoughts on the Distendo possibility?
What do you think it could do to all of our beloved and favorite franchises?
Would it be good or bad?
no.
NO.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
So I was reading random things, and I read that Iwata said that Nintendo has a lot of money kept separate from their normal revenue and spending money, and they use this money in case of bad times or if they want to do a major business decision.
Iwata said that Nintendo is actually considering mergers or acquisitions, but he didn't say with what company.
Nintendo is buying back Rare.

[collapse=] I wish.:urg: [/collapse]

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
The Official Character Discussion Thread is now open.

You are welcome to post there, but as a last reminder, keep it on-topic, and keep it rule-abiding. The mods will be watching.
I'm not trying to be a troll, and I really hope this thread lasts, but it logically won't make a difference from the last Roster Discussion Thread.
The trolls aren't going to care what new rules there are, and the people who express there opinions and indirectly cause flame wars can't stop .

I do however, hope this thread turns over a new leaf for character discussion.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I'm not trying to be a troll, and I really hope this thread lasts, but it logically won't make a difference from the last Roster Discussion Thread.
The trolls aren't going to care what new rules there are, and the people who express there opinions and indirectly cause flame wars can't stop .

I do however, hope this thread turns over a new leaf for character discussion.
The OCDT will be more heavily moderated and will focus less on predicting and more so on overall discussion. With support from the mods and users, it should be ok. With the exception of some of those who might try to derail (of which I have no idea why they would want to), everything should all work out for the better.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
The OCDT will be more heavily moderated and will focus less on predicting and more so on overall discussion. With support from the mods and users, it should be ok. With the exception of some of those who might try to derail (of which I have no idea why they would want to), everything should all work out for the better.
The fact that it will be more heavily moderated makes it waaaaaay more assuring.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
When you say less focus on predicting, do you mean discussion on what might happen, or do you mean actual roster predictions?

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
When you say less focus on predicting, do you mean discussion on what might happen, or do you mean actual roster predictions?
The RPDT was, as the title suggested, a way to predict the roster. But that opened it up to negative criticism, trolling, and flaming.

What we aim for the OCDT is to be less about predicting and more about discussion. Of course, predictions are ok and necessary but we want to have a more positive element there. A more welcoming place to discuss characters without being persecuted for your decisions.

Will this happen? Maybe not but the staff is trying to move it to the best direction possible while making a positive platform for people to discuss character discussion.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
The RPDT was, *** the title suggested, a way to predict the roster. But that opened it up to negative criticism, trolling, and flaming.
What we aim for the OCDT is to be less about predicting and more about discussion. Of course, predictions are ok and necessary but we want to have a more positive element there. A more welcoming place to discuss characters without being persecuted for your decisions.
Will this happen? Maybe not but the staff is trying to move it to the best direction possible while making a positive platform for people to discuss character discussion.
I welcome this notion, as the RPDT was way out of control.

And this has been at my attention ever since I first saw it, but the way Lucina and Palutena are positioned on your avatar make it look like they're rubbing cheeks. It's quite attractive.

Also, props for Nightmare. That's all.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I welcome this notion, as the RPDT was way out of control.

And this has been at my attention ever since I first saw it, but the way Lucina and Palutena are positioned on your avatar make it look like they're rubbing cheeks. It's quite attractive.

Also, props for Nightmare. That's all.
Lol I don't think anyone caught that or, if they did, was never brought up to me.

It was kind of a mistake, was going to change it, but then decided to keep it because of said reason. ;)

Nightmare is my #1 wanted character but I know it's a pipe dream.

EDIT: Basically, the OCDT is the place to discuss characters and just that. If you want to go on off-topic discussions or just chit-chat, come to this social thread.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
So J-Stars Victory Vs finally got it's "Mega Man" (One of the most requested characters for the game) confirmed. Oh and the character brought a friend. KenshiroandRaohfromFistofTheNorthStar

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
EDIT: Basically, the OCDT is the place to discuss characters and just that. If you want to go on off-topic discussions or just chit-chat, come to this social thread.
Let's hope it stays that way. I stopped caring about the RPDT after a while. But hey, this is the Social Topic thread!
Just as long as none of the stuff that happened in the RPDT happens anywhere again...

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465

A lot of people on the Internet thing Nintendo could and should do a merger with Disney.

What are your thoughts on the Distendo possibility?
What do you think it could do to all of our beloved and favorite franchises?
Would it be good or bad?
Too costly. Disney is far too large to merge with Nintendo, and Nintendo is far too costly for Disney to outright buy -- yes, even more so than Lucas Arts and Marvel. Plus, what does Disney benefit from a merger/acquisition? Nothing really. Not only would they be acquiring a massive global, corporate infrastructure in a field they aren't familiar with -- remember, Disney has given up on their digital games division -- but they'd be forced to deal with the mess that is NCL, which is a big undertaking considering there will almost certainly be cross-cultural issues; especially considering one of the overwhelming complaints against Nintendo is a perceived insular attitude toward markets beyond Japan. A partnership between both companies is a very likely possibility.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Nobody cares, Japan only. :troll:

Is Kenshiro the "Mega Man" or is it someone else?
He's more like the "Sonic" in my eyes. (Most requested) Since FOTNS is my favorite series connected to Shonen Jump. (a lot of the modern big manga are terrible. In my opinion)

But i'm pretty sure he's the equivalent to Mega Man. The "Sonic" being someone already confirmed. (Goku. He was an absolute by default anyway)

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
So J-Stars Victory Vs finally got it's "Mega Man" (One of the most requested characters for the game) confirmed. Oh and the character brought a friend. KenshiroandRaohfromFistofTheNorthStar

I'm so used to hearing Space Jam with that theme that the original doesn't sound right anymore. lol

If I ever am to get a Vita, this will be the game I import to play it. Kinda wish it was like the DS one but its still cool none the less!

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
The J-Stars theme is pretty awesome.

I'm so used to hearing Space Jam with that theme that the original doesn't sound right anymore. lol

If I ever am to get a Vita, this will be the game I import to play it. Kinda wish it was like the DS one but its still cool none the less!
Good choice.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion

Could've swore I've seen sprite rips of them through Jump Ultimate Stars.

Also, to whoever says what my current avatar comes from, I'll give major kudos. No, you can't just say "Rugrats"; it's deeper within that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom