• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Is it just me or does Lucario's Aura Spheres look much larger than they were in Brawl (both strongest & weakest)?
Yes, it has been made larger. Just goes to show that balance has been one of Sakurai's bigger priorities this time.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Villager is going to be a threat with that giant ball of Aura in his pants.

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I watched the superbowl.

I will say that because of the Broncos losing horribly, everyone is going to be bitter around my area. People take football way to seriously.
And we take Smash way too seriously... same difference. :awesome:

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
And we take Smash way too seriously... same difference. :awesome:
You don't see Smash fans breaking out in riots in the streets.

Now on the aura mechanic, I'm theorizing it may work somewhat similarly to Street Fighter 4's Ultra system, with a visible meter and usage. Perhaps only certain moves are only affected by Aura, but the result is that those select moves are more powerful.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
You don't see Smash fans breaking out in riots in the streets.

Now on the aura mechanic, I'm theorizing it may work somewhat similarly to Street Fighter 4's Ultra system, with a visible meter and usage. Perhaps only certain moves are only affected by Aura, but the result is that those select moves are more powerful.
So what your're saying is, Smash fans need to take it to the next level?

Also, I personally wouldn't get your hopes up for the aura mechanic have a meter of its own. Though it would be cool.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Y'know, Kuma, I'd like that.

But sadly, this is Sakurai we're talking about. He'd rather give some of these characters a facelift rather than a complete overhaul.

Smooth Criminal

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
What about Bowser? He got a revamp. We'll have to see what he does with Ganondorf though. If he's still Capt. Ganondorf, THEN we take things to the next level.

We riot in the streets wearing masks like some cult.

On Lucario though, we still don't know exactly what's been done to make it a larger influence on Lucario's playstyle. If the combos we've seen in videos is any indication, the Brawl way simply will make it less prevalent in this game. Thus, I think we may see Aura built up and is transferred from inbetween stocks, like the super meter in Street Fighter in between rounds (but Ultra does not rollover).

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
What about Bowser? He got a revamp. We'll have to see what he does with Ganondorf though. If he's still Capt. Ganondorf, THEN we take things to the next level.

We riot in the streets wearing masks like some cult.
I dunno, there's just some appeal to Falcondorf IMO.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
My dong is expanded right now.

That's actually a good commercial. They even tell you the features of the game which the most recent WiiU commercials have failed to do. They have been all show and don't tell when they need both for a commercial.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
If anyone's been keeping up with Killer Instinct 3, Spinal came out not too long ago. I don't have any of the current gen consoles, so I can't say how good it is, but it seems pretty cool. It's the only XBO title to peak my interest.

Heh, if I had a good bit of money on me, I'd probably get one of the new systems, then again, I do like to wait a while to get one anyway.

Reznor

work in progress
If anyone's been keeping up with Killer Instinct 3, Spinal came out not too long ago. I don't have any of the current gen consoles, so I can't say how good it is, but it seems pretty cool. It's the only XBO title to peak my interest.

Heh, if I had a good bit of money on me, I'd probably get one of the new systems, then again, I do like to wait a while to get one anyway.
I really wanna play KI3 but I really don't wanna buy an Xbox One :sadeyes:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Speaking of Ganondorf, I think if they kept the same playstyle, but gave him a sword, that would already be a buff.

Imagine if his neutral A was, instead of being a slow punch, a stab of his sword done in a similar fashion. The damage and knockback dealt could be the same, but the fact that he has a sword would increase his attack range.

I'd really like to see Ganondorf revamped. He could keep some moves, even some "Capt. Ganon" moves, such as some kicks and such, but replacing his punches with sword stabs and slices would be nice.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Speaking of Ganondorf, I think if they kept the same playstyle, but gave him a sword, that would already be a buff.

Imagine if his neutral A was, instead of being a slow punch, a stab of his sword done in a similar fashion. The damage and knockback dealt could be the same, but the fact that he has a sword would increase his attack range.

I'd really like to see Ganondorf revamped. He could keep some moves, even some "Capt. Ganon" moves, such as some kicks and such, but replacing his punches with sword stabs and slices would be nice.
This is all he needs.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I want Tropical Freeze even more now. Once it comes out, I'm getting it ASAP.

On the topic of Ganondorf, I wouldn't mind it if he was still a clone of Captain Falcon, but I'd be much more satisfied to see him use a sword (or maybe a trident) and more magic based attacks like Dead Man's Volley and a levitation ability for his recovery.

He should keep Flame Choke. That's actually a good move in some situations, and it's only similar to Raptor Boost in the way it starts up. I' want him to keep his F-air too since it has been completely different from Captain Falcon's F-air since Melee.

Finally, I'd rather he keep dat D-air.

Even if he still ends up using mostly physical attacks, the less of a Captain Falcon clone he is, the better. (in my opinion anyway)

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
Ganondorf needs his sword at this point, we know hes probably going to stick with his TP design, so theres no excuse. Sure some specials could be the same, but other than that he needs a revamp unlike any other, im just afraid its gonna be another one of those cases where sakurai sticks to tradition for traditions sake. Id also like to see a controllable ganon final smash, not the TP boar, but an update to his a link to the past pig form. That way we can still have a controllable monster, and in turn perhaps bowser can get a new final smash that doesnt have to be giga bowser.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Sword or Trident (Preferably Trident) would be be ideal for ganondorf in my opinion. Especially, if Ike doesn't make it back; a heavy hitting/long ranged weaponry fighter would be great for roster diversity.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Good afternoon all, hope you're all doing well. Well, since College has been busy these past few weeks, I've had almost no time to design any videos, but I finally pulled together some time and finally designed Takamaru:

And I must say Takamaru will probably never talk...ever. *Shudders*

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Good afternoon all, hope you're all doing well. Well, since College has been busy these past few weeks, I've had almost no time to design any videos, but I finally pulled together some time and finally designed Takamaru:

And I must say Takamaru will probably never talk...ever. *Shudders*
SWEET JESUS THE COMBO POTENTIALS.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Sword or Trident (Preferably Trident) would be be ideal for ganondorf in my opinion. Especially, if Ike doesn't make it back; a heavy hitting/long ranged weaponry fighter would be great for roster diversity.
Trident

I don't know why they give him the sword now.

The trident was suppose to be the weapon opposite of the master sword

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I wonder what the SSB4 Facial Icons will be for the playable characters.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I say they completely rehaul Falcondorf, and if enough people complain, add in Black Shadow to take Falcondorf's moves.
So a clone from another clone?

Why must this occur around the Zelda franchise? :toonlink:

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Regarding Ganondorf, my overall designs are to give him an overhaul, but don't spam the sword usage and give him more magic. Of course, certain things would be kept, like his standard A, up tilt, down aerial, side special and final smash, but the rest would be swords and magic, more magic than swords since he's always been known for magic and more recently with swords. Although, if I could, I'd give him Demise's sword...more a personal want than anything, maybe it's because it's so bad@$$ looking and is literally a dark master sword, but that's just me. Give me a moment, I'll pull out the moveset.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Regarding Ganondorf, my overall designs are to give him an overhaul, but don't spam the sword usage and give him more magic. Of course, certain things would be kept, like his standard A, up tilt, down aerial, side special and final smash, but the rest would be swords and magic, more magic than swords since he's always been known for magic and more recently with swords. Although, if I could, I'd give him Demise's sword...more a personal want than anything, maybe it's because it's so bad@$$ looking and is literally a dark master sword, but that's just me. Give me a moment, I'll pull out the moveset.
And the Ganon Punch. Can't forget that...

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I agree that Ganondorf should have a mix of dark magic and swordplay. Keep his gameplay style of being slow, but powerful, as not to alienate Ganondorf players. Giving him a sword and magic could improve his range, which I think is something that he lacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom