• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
My only problem with Zero over Protoman is that the design of Smash 4 Mega Man doesn't go with Zero.

It would be like having Mario and Paper Luigi.
Or Sonic and Classic Tails.

EDIT: Oh, and I just realized I am new to this thread. :p
That didn't stop MvC2 from having Classic Mega Man and Tron Bonne, MvC3 from having Zero and Tron or TvC from having MegaMan Volnutt, Roll and Zero all in the same game. ¦D

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
That didn't stop MvC2 from having Classic Mega Man and Tron Bonne, MvC3 from having Zero and Tron or TvC from having MegaMan Volnutt, Roll and Zero all in the same game. ¦D
Eh, that's my stance on it. Though perhaps Nintendo's crossovers are suppose to have a slightly stronger sense of consistency than Capcom's. Which wouldn't really matter since it's all non-canon stuff as it is.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Eh, that's my stance on it. Though perhaps Nintendo's crossovers are suppose to have a slightly stronger sense of consistency than Capcom's. Which wouldn't really matter since it's all non-canon stuff as it is.
Nintendo's crossovers have consistency? That's news to me. XD

Anyway, I was just messing around a bit since those situations popped in my head. ¦3

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Nintendo's crossovers have consistency? That's news to me. XD

Anyway, I was just messing around a bit since those situations popped in my head. ¦3
Some people think that Pichu in Melee is Pikachu in Brawl since they have the same blue team goggles. So I guess that's something.:ohwell:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Well those games aren't made by Sakurai.
Smash bros is being made by someone who uses complete logic when making his deci-

Oh wait.....

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Some people think that Pichu in Melee is Pikachu in Brawl since they have the same blue team goggles. So I guess that's something.:ohwell:
That's just fans reaching too far. They gave Pikachu the goggles cause Pichu wasn't in the game and they looked good on him. Simple as that. XD

Silly people and their fan theories. ¦D

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
That's just fans reaching too far. They gave Pikachu the goggles cause Pichu wasn't in the game and they looked good on him. Simple as that. XD

Silly people and their fan theories. ¦D
Actually there is more to it.

Let's assume the Pikachu in Melee is the Pikachu in 64.

Pikachus can only learn Volt Tackle when they are a Pichu.

Pichu didn't exist when 64 Pikachu was created, which means he can't know it. And since 64 Pikachu is Melee Pikachu, Melee Pikachu can't know it either.

But Pichu could have learned Volt Tackle, evolved into Pikachu, and have his final smash in Brawl.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo

Pichu didn't exist when 64 Pikachu was created, which means he can't know it. And since 64 Pikachu is Melee Pikachu, Melee Pikachu can't know it either.

But Pichu could have learned Volt Tackle, evolved into Pikachu, and have his final smash in Brawl.
...So, Smash has continuity? Since when?
Mind you, this is the same game that allows you to pit Mario against two different Links in Dream Land...

Last edited:

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715

But Pichu evolves through friendship, and we all know the general consensus on Pichu in Melee. :troll:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043

Or maybe Pikachu just got Volt Tackle as a Final Smash because it was around the time where it was an iconic finishing move for Pikachu in the anime.

Ya know, more plausible possibility.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
To be fair, it looks nothing like the anime's interpretation (it's more a reference to Pulseman).

Regardless, it's just a fun little theory, there's nothing shooting it down nor does it effect anything in the general scheme of thing as Pikachu is still playable either way.

Xhampi

Smash Lord
Talking about volt tackle I wonder if Smash Pikachu will still have it, since he don't know it anymore in the anime if I remember well.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Talking about volt tackle I wonder if Smash Pikachu will still have it, since he don't know it anymore in the anime if I remember well.
That was a dumb move of Ash. HOW COLD HE GIVE UP VOLT TACKLE FOR ELECTRO BALL?!?!?!
Pikachu Moveset in Pokemon X/Y Anime:
Thunderbolt
Quick Attack
Electro Ball
Iron Tail

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
...So, Smash has continuity? Since when?
Mind you, this is the same game that allows you to pit Mario against two different Links in Dream Land...
This could be canon.

Link has come across Goombas and Chain-Chomps in Link's Awakening, and Mario saw Link in Mario RPG.

Mario also saw Samus in Mario RPG.

Samus met Kirby who fought Metroids in Amazing Mirror (I think it was Amazing Mirror but I may be wrong).

And don't forget that TP Link and Toon Link are completely separate people.

This makes it completely possible for Mario to fight Link and Toon Link on Dreamland.

Your argument is invalid.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
To be fair, it looks nothing like the anime's interpretation (it's more a reference to Pulseman).

Regardless, it's just a fun little theory, there's nothing shooting it down nor does it effect anything in the general scheme of thing as Pikachu is still playable either way.
Yeah, but it's still a pretty dumb theory and only a theory in the end, so people shouldn't go around acting like it's the undeniable truth or anything.

That's just silly. XD

This could be canon.

Link has come across Goombas and Chain-Chomps in Link's Awakening, and Mario saw Link in Mario RPG.

Samus met Kirby who fought Metroids in Amazing Mirror (I think it was Amazing Mirror but I may be wrong).

This makes it completely possible for Mario to fight Link and Toon Link on Dreamland.

Ah, buddy? Dreamland is a stage in Melee. Not Brawl.

Mario would be fighting Adult OoT Link and Young Link. XD

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Oh I hope Sakurai has a good update planned for tomorrow. I need something good to offset my emotional devastation right now.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
This could be canon.

How about Ice Climbers with ROB against Mr. Game and Watch on 75m?

Look, Smash is to canon like Sonic is to Pac-man: There is none....

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
This could be canon.

Yeah, but it's still a pretty dumb theory and only a theory in the end, so people shouldn't go around acting like it's the undeniable truth or anything.

That's just silly. XD

Ah, buddy? Dreamland is a stage in Melee. Not Brawl.

Mario would be fighting Adult OoT Link and Young Link. XD
Or when Pit was fighting the Metroids in Kid Icarus: Uprising. Heck, Smash Bros was even referanced in that game.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Or when Pit was fighting the Metroids in Kid Icarus: Uprising. Heck, Smash Bros was even referanced in that game.
Those weren't Metroids! =D

Palutena: This game universe and that game universe have nothing to do with each other!

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Well, I'm guessing we'll still get some Lucario update tomorrow. Since he's still "fresh". But some more info on any of the newcomers would be welcomed as well.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860

That's just silly. XD
I haven't seen anyone treat it like the gospel, at best people treat it like a playful theory, nothing more. I don't see why it's dumb to play around with.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
How about Ice Climbers with ROB against Mr. Game and Watch on 75m?

Look, Smash is to canon like Sonic is to Pac-man: There is none....
R.O.B. raced against Mario characters in MarioKart DS.

Game & Watch has some Mario themed games.

And both Game & Watch and Ice Climbers appear on 9-Volt's video game systems in several WarioWare games.

So they, as characters, exist in the Nintendo universe.

And since Mario was in 75m in the original Donkey Kong, it is a real place.

Anyone else wanna try me?

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
R.O.B. raced against Mario characters in MarioKart DS.

Game & Watch has some Mario themed games.

And both Game & Watch and Ice Climbers appear on 9-Volt's video game systems in several WarioWare games.

So they, as characters, exist in the Nintendo universe.

And since Mario was in 75m in the original Donkey Kong, it is a real place.

Anyone else wanna try me?
wut

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo

I win.
All right hold on, I was confused there...

Fine then, if Smash is canon:
Why does Marth appear in Temple (referring to unlocking him in Melee) despite not being in a Zelda game.
Why is Villager's up-b from Balloon Fighter?
Why can you have Toon Link and adult Link at the same time?
Why can you have multiple Luigis?
Why does "Shin Onigashima" play in "Summit" while "Nazo No Murasemejo" music play in "Mario Bros"?
Why would Mario fight Peach. Or better yet, Luigi?
Why doesn't Ganondorf use his sword?
How can Shadow ever meet Olimar?
Edit: How can Pictochat be a stage?
And most importantly:
How can this game exist? What reason is there that they, from multiple universes, would fight each other in stages that otherwise would be unknown to them?

Your move, buddy.

Last edited:

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
All right hold on, I was confused there...

Fine then, if Smash is canon:
Why does Marth appear in Temple despite not being in a Zelda game.
Why is Villager's up-b from Balloon Fighter?
Why can you have Toon Link and adult Link at the same time?
Why can you have multiple Luigis?
Why does "Shin Onigashima" and "Nazo No Murasemejo" music play in "Mario Bros"?
Why would Mario fight Peach. Or better yet, Luigi?
Why doesn't Ganondorf use his sword?
How can Shadow ever meet Olimar?
And most importantly:
How can this game exist? What reason is there that they, from multiple universes, would fight each other in stages that otherwise would be unknown to them?

Your move, buddy.
Lemme try

No clue
Balloons are common in Animal Crossing
Ocarina of TIme
Luigis Mansion Dark Moon
Radios
Super Mario 3D World, Mario Kart, etc
He doesnt feel like it
He walks up to him and meets him
Why cant this game exist? Many crossovers have occured, and I hear no one complaining about those

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
L
Why cant this game exist? Many crossovers have occured, and I hear no one complaining about those
Simple, we're referring to "continuity" here, there needs to be a legit reason for all these characters to somehow come together and go to some other universe and fight for some reason.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Have an idea I wanted to throw out there for Pokémon representation that might mak everyone happy:

Pikachu
Jigglypuff
PKMN Trainer (Squirtle/Ivysaur/Charizard)
Female PKMN Trainer (Pichu/Gardevoir/Blaziken)
Lucario
Mewtwo

Where the normal PKMN Trainer is focused on representing the trio archetype, the female PKMN Trainer covers the contest archetype -- Pokémon Coordinator as they're called in the anime. Cute (Pichu), Beauty/Smarts (Gardevoir), and Cool/Tough (Blaziken). Originally I had Zoroark in place of Blaziken to show Black/White some love, but Blaziken makes more sense the longer I think about it.

Mewtwo, technically, has X/Y on lock since he played such a big role in their marketing.

Pichu gets to make a return, which would probably be received by the handful of people that comprise his fanbase.

That leaves only the 5th Gen without a character, and honestly, I cannot think of any that would fit the theme of the Female Pokémon Trailer well, especially when the theme is Tough/Cool. Zoroark would fit, but Blaziken just "fits" better with Gardevoir and Pichu in my mind. Maybe the female trainer's model could be based off the female protagonist from Black/White, but I've always envisioned May being the best design for such a character.

Just some ideas I've had the past couple of days since the Lucario reveal.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Simple, we're referring to "continuity" here, there needs to be a legit reason for all these characters to somehow come together and go to some other universe and fight for some reason.
Master Hand has ordered it. Simple Hand of God Deus Ex Machina maneuver that solves all continuity issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom