• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Please tell me one of y'all are Broncos fans so I can tell you how much your team sucks

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
This is the Social Thread. It's perfectly fine to talk about that.

I'm guessing you haven't been here long, but that's how these threads work. XD
Lol, only 2 weeks XD

I was only going by the threads name, so I was somewhat concerned.

The Broncos got their ***es handed to them

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
I didn't watch the game, but I saw the final score. The Broncos got absolutely wrecked.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
My friends had a suberbowl party but I was stuck at work today

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I watched the superbowl.

I will say that because of the Broncos losing horribly, everyone is going to be bitter around my area. People take football way to seriously.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Everyone in my area is firing off fireworks and cheering in the streets

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Continuing on with my Female Pokémon Trainer idea from earlier, if Pichu received new specials (Skull Bash → Charm, Quick Attack → Magnet Rise) would that make his return more palpable?

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I live in California, so the end results of the Super Bowl probably won't have much of an affect on people my area.

I decided to root for the Seahawks from the start since the Broncos have already won a few Super Bowls before.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Well, there is the Olympics and FIFA to look forward to this year, but knowing my fortune with teams as of late, the US will probably lose in the first round of the World Cup, and the South Koreans will kick our butts in Speed Skating (again)... Maybe I need to stick to video games.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
On that whole smash canon thing.

It's quite plausible Smash has it's own canon, but not in the way people were thinking. Thing is Smash canon is related only to Smash and no other universes or the universes' characters. This is because the fighters in Smash aren't the actual characters from the game. They are trophy versions of them, dolls in 64, "brought to life" by Master Hand.

My theory on Smash canon is that it is all just a kids imagination, playing in a play box with his toys, and that this kid's hand is the Master Hand, and every once in a while his koo koo friend will join along and be Crazy Hand.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

It's quite plausible Smash has it's own canon, but not in the way people were thinking. Thing is Smash canon is related only to Smash and no other universes or the universes' characters. This is because the fighters in Smash aren't the actual characters from the game. They are trophy versions of them, dolls in 64, "brought to life" by Master Hand.

My theory on Smash canon is that it is all just a kids imagination, playing in a play box with his toys, and that this kid's hand is the Master Hand, and every once in a while his koo koo friend will join along and be Crazy Hand.

What are those kids doing with their other hands

Reznor

work in progress

What are those kids doing with their other hands
probably Mountaindew and Dewritos

in this smash canon why did they go from dolls to trophies :confused:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
in this smash canon why did they go from dolls to trophies :confused:
Each Smash is it's own canon?

The kids live in a futuristic world and were able to get their dolls turned into trophies and get new trophies?

Trophies became a new thing and they got rid of their dolls?

There are plenty of scenarios, but none of them can really have any basis.

Reznor

work in progress
Each Smash is it's own canon?

The kids live in a futuristic world and were able to get their dolls turned into trophies and get new trophies?

Trophies became a new thing and they got rid of their dolls?

There are plenty of scenarios, but none of them can really have any basis.
it would be cool if the dolls came back for Smash 4 and fought the trophies
12 dolls vs ummm however many trophies Smash 4 will have

AEMehr

Mii Fighter

I don't know what to say...

...other than how AWESOME that damaged-up Lucario's Aura Sphere looks. Pic one after Lucario and Sakurai is already showing how much better this mechanic is now.

Last edited:

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Update makes me more excited to see how Mewtwo's shadow ball would look now in HD and all that.

But yeah, that is awesome.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Update makes me more excited to see how Mewtwo's shadow ball would look now in HD and all that.

But yeah, that is awesome.
That avy still catches my attention a lot. :p

Speaking of moves, I still wanna see other old moves from the veterans be revealed so we can see how improved they look in this game, for the sake of fun comparisons.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Some idiot from facebook thought this was real

Naw man, they're just gonna use Diddy's Tropical Freeze art in Smash 4. it's easier that way!

Also, it's already been pointed out, but after Murabito, Koopa and Rosetta & Chiko, it just says ****ing Jigglypuff? :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Ways to spot it's fake:

-Jigglypuff should be called "Purin" if "Koopa" and "Rockman" are there for the names.
-That's Diddy's artwork for Tropical Freeze right?
-Idk why, but Ness' pose reminds me of Brawl Lucas.
-Why Bayonetta again?

I dont know. I wish I had a better view of that Palutena. I feel as if I saw that pic of her before.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545

I wouldn't buy the game for that roster alone

Is it bad I was rooting for both teams? Broncos had my former QB while Seahawks has a Deaf player on there (I'm deaf incase you haven't noticed). Then I knew the Hawks won when halftime was on.

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
Ways to spot it's fake:

-Jigglypuff should be called "Purin" if "Koopa" and "Rockman" are there for the names.
-That's Diddy's artwork for Tropical Freeze right?
-Idk why, but Ness' pose reminds me of Brawl Lucas.
-Why Bayonetta again?

I dont know. I wish I had a better view of that Palutena. I feel as if I saw that pic of her before.
The ness thing is lucas just with a ness head

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm watching the goosebumps episode "Stay out of the basement" on Netflix

The book freaked me out (as a kid) because of the ambiguous ending, but in the show it doesn't feel as ambiguous

AEMehr

Mii Fighter

HERE IS MY THEORIES ON THE ORIGIN OF SOME OF THESE IMAGES!!
Diddy's artwork appears to be completely new. I've never seen him in that pose for any Tropical Freeze promotional content.
The same goes for Yoshi, I've haven't seen anything similar to this one either.
Wario is fake.
Can't determine what Ganondorf's is, my best guess is it being a Brawl screenshot. But this can't be for certain, due to the poor lighting.
Meta Knight looks like a Brawl screenshot as well.
Falco has to be a brawl screenshot.
I don't even Palutena
Falcon is also a Brawl screenshot.
Ness is editted from Lucas's render from Brawl.
Not sure what Chrom is from.
Mewtwo is from a hack.
Unsure of Jigglypuff.
Bayonetta appears to be from a screenshot of Bayonetta 2, but I was unable to find said screenshot.
Game & Watch's position is the exact same as when you recruited him in the SSE.

SO
[collapse="Fakes"]Wario, Ganondorf?, Meta Knight?, Falco, Ness, Captain Falcon, Mewtwo, Bayonetta?, Game & Watch[/collapse]
[collapse="Things to watch for"]Diddy's Artwork, Yoshi's Artwork, Ganondorf's artwork, Meta Knight's artwork, whatever Palutena is, Chrom's artwork, Jigglypuff's artwork, and a Bayonetta 2 screenshot.[/collapse]
I'd keep an eye on Diddy's and Jigglypuff's for sure. Those two look really nice.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
I'm watching the goosebumps episode "Stay out of the basement" on Netflix

The book freaked me out (as a kid) because of the ambiguous ending, but in the show it doesn't feel as ambiguous
Stay out of the basement was one of the episodes I actually got on VHS back in the day. The last one I saw on Netflix was Welcome to Dead House which I wanted to see but could never find back then, and that episode probably would've scared me if I was still a kid like the book version did. Of course now I wonder how I found Goosebumps scary to begin with. Had some real facepalms when I rewtached the one with the mummy.

@ Admiral: Thanks. :p Yeah, hoping for some more older moves to be shown too for those kind of comparisons.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Stay out of the basement was one of the episodes I actually got on VHS back in the day. The last one I saw on Netflix was Welcome to Dead House which I wanted to see but could never find back then, and that episode probably would've scared me if I was still a kid like the book version did. Of course now I wonder how I found Goosebumps scary to begin with. Had some real facepalms when I rewtached the one with the mummy.

@ Admiral: Thanks. :p Yeah, hoping for some more older moves to be shown too for those kind of comparisons.
Always welcome. *gives Rosalina a hug* >_< You can tell where my imagination is headed due to shipping.
And yes, still need move comparisons.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
HERE IS MY THEORIES ON THE ORIGIN OF SOME OF THESE IMAGES!!
Diddy's artwork appears to be completely new. I've never seen him in that pose for any Tropical Freeze promotional content.
The same goes for Yoshi, I've haven't seen anything similar to this one either.
Wario is fake.
Can't determine what Ganondorf's is, my best guess is it being a Brawl screenshot. But this can't be for certain, due to the poor lighting.
Meta Knight looks like a Brawl screenshot as well.
Falco has to be a brawl screenshot.
I don't even Palutena
Falcon is also a Brawl screenshot.
Ness is editted from Lucas's render from Brawl.
Not sure what Chrom is from.
Mewtwo is from a hack.
Unsure of Jigglypuff.
Bayonetta appears to be from a screenshot of Bayonetta 2, but I was unable to find said screenshot.
Game & Watch's position is the exact same as when you recruited him in the SSE.

SO
[collapse="Fakes"]Wario, Ganondorf?, Meta Knight?, Falco, Ness, Captain Falcon, Mewtwo, Bayonetta?, Game & Watch[/collapse]
[collapse="Things to watch for"]Diddy's Artwork, Yoshi's Artwork, Ganondorf's artwork, Meta Knight's artwork, whatever Palutena is, Chrom's artwork, Jigglypuff's artwork, and a Bayonetta 2 screenshot.[/collapse]
I'd keep an eye on Diddy's and Jigglypuff's for sure. Those two look really nice.
Diddy's artwork looks like a cross between these two. I couldn't find an exact match.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Diddy's artwork looks like a cross between these two. I couldn't find an exact match.
That's what I've noticed too.
I wonder... Perhaps the image is a mix of the two, edited together by the "leaker". The hand on Diddy's belly stomach in the first pic completely matches the one on the render in the fake leak as does the hat's positioning and Diddy's hand holding it with his expression being the same as well. Not to mention that Diddy's Tropical Freeze artwork's lower body portion is essentially the same as the one on the fake leak.
I wouldn't consider it out of the box to consider that, it would also explain the unique renders for Yoshi, Palutena, Chrom, Jigglypuff, Ganondorf, Meta Knight, and Ness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom