• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Why should we give Ganondorf a sword? Seriously, Ike isn't good enough for you?
I agree that Ganondorf should have a mix of dark magic and swordplay. Keep his gameplay style of being slow, but powerful, as not to alienate Ganondorf players. Giving him a sword and magic could improve his range, which I think is something that he lacks.
Learn to read, will ya?

I imagine Ganondorf focusing on stabbing attacks rather than crushing attacks (like Ike).

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Learn to read, will ya?

I imagine Ganondorf focusing on stabbing attacks rather than crushing attacks (like Ike).
yeah now that I think about it, what the heck is up with the sound ike's sword makes. it's almost accurate for slamming a really heavy sharp object into a tree. but nobody is a tree. bowser's the closest thing.

basically, I'm saying it should make a disturbing THUMPCRRKSHH noise, maybe

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I would rather let him use a trident. Like the Blue Ranger.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Ganondorf moveset:

Standard A Combo: Dark Palm (8%) (Same standard A, mixed with dark energy)

Forward + A: Dark Magic Spark (14%) (Holds hand out in front of him, releases small spark of magic, does shock damage)
Up + A: Volcano Kick (27%) (Same as Brawl + Melee upper, start-up time lowered)

Down + A: Cape Sweep: (12%) (Grabs cape with arm, does a sweeping motion with arm)

Dash Attack: Dark Sword (11%) (A dashing attack with his sword, hits hard)

Aerial Attacks:

Neutral A: Darkness Wave (16%) (Releases a burst of darkness around himself)

Forward + A: Guillotine Slash (18%) (Straight Vertical slice with sword)

Up + A: Electric Burst (14%) (Raises hand above head, releases shock magic)

Back + A: Magic Pulse (14%) (Turns around with both hands, shoots out pulse of magic, very short-range projectile)

Down + A: Dark Stomp (22%) (Same attack as Melee and Brawl, now infused with dark magic to have darkness effects)

Smash Attacks:

Forward Smash: Warlock’s Blade (34%) (Heavy-hitting horizontal slice with longsword, hits very hard)

Up Smash: Magic Blast (30%) (Grits fist then does an upper punch, releasing heavy amounts of magic upon contact)

Down Smash: Dark Tremor (28%) (Focuses his magic, causing dark magic to erupt from the ground around him)

Grab/Throws:
Grab: Grab with one hand

Pummel: Knees the opponent (4%)

Forward Throw: Charges his fist with dark energy and punches the opponent away with a burst of dark magic (10%)

Up Throw: Throws the opponent up along with a burst of electric magic (11%)

Down Throw: Smashes the opponent headfirst into the ground (7%)

Back Throw: Grabs the opponent with the end of his sword and flips them over his head, smashing both them and his sword into the ground behind him) (9%)

Special Moves:
Standard Special: Dark Magic (15-30% total) (Throws out a wave of projectiles at once, goes farther depending on time thrown)

Side Special: Flame Choke (11%) (Same as Brawl)

Up Special: Warlock Levitation (Does No Damage, disperses a wave of energy upon finishing) (Floats through the air for a short time, mid-air dodging cancels recovery)

Down Special: Earthquake Fist (13-28% depending on how close you are) (Area effect attack, punches ground to deal damage)

Final Smash: Beast Ganon (Petrify + 45% damage, can instantly kill a majority of the smaller enemies) (Transformation, works the same as in Brawl)

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
in other news I got my first episode of my galaxy series up on youtube. it's pretty nice, although there's a video screw-up close to the end, and my voice is quiet at times.

also my voice kinda echoed from the rendering. *le sigh*

well, at least recording it was fun

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
You don't know Retsupurae? He makes videos making fun at others, like poor quality let's plays.
awww **** people like him. the only thing poor quality about our show is technical difficulties. if he wants to prove he's better, he can come to my house and set up the stuff and buy any extra equipment.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Define refined in this case.
Well, Ike's style is that he swings his sword around almost recklessly, so much force is put behind his swings to the point where it's almost surprising how he's still alive seeing how he leaves so many openings for his opponents. Ganondorf is more calculating. He predicts your movements and knows how to counter. Why? Because he's a master swordsman. He lets you make the first swing and then counters with incredible force. I honestly think that, if it wasn't for the whole "Good Guys always win" scenario, especially in the child/adult timeline, that Ganondorf probably would have won. Doesn't game limitation suck?

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
awww **** people like him. the only thing poor quality about our show is technical difficulties. if he wants to prove he's better, he can come to my house and set up the stuff and buy any extra equipment.
Well, you see.
1. It's actually two people. One of them being the founder of video LP's.
2. It's all in good fun. Like when Mystery Science Theater 3000 makes fun of a movie.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Well, Ike's style is that he swings his sword around almost recklessly, so much force is put behind his swings to the point where it's almost surprising how he's still alive seeing how he leaves so many openings for his opponents. Ganondorf is more calculating. He predicts your movements and knows how to counter. Why? Because he's a master swordsman. He lets you make the first swing and then counters with incredible force. I honestly think that, if it wasn't for the whole "Good Guys always win" scenario, especially in the child/adult timeline, that Ganondorf probably would have won. Doesn't game limitations suck?
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.gif

DID YOU JUST PUT A QUESTION IN A DEFINITION? Also I understand what you mean.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Ganondorf is fine really.
He just needs new specials (Neutral and Down specifically) and smashes (Side). A sword isn't necessary, he needs moves that focus on his dark magic as well, not just on his brute strength.

A sword is entirely unnecessary, but is welcome if it doesn't take up more than 35% of his moveset. He's got the triforce of power for a reason, he's supposed to have ridiculous strength. So if he isn't getting his hands dirty, he isn't utilizing that strength correctly.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529

Just waiting for that footage or confimation as a certain purple dragon as a stage hazard :)
It's been over 5 months since that stage's reveal, and with literally every other stage we knew about the stage hazards almost right away, and here we are, five months later, with no Ridley. I think it's safe to assume Ridley's not going to be a stage hazard.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

Just waiting for that footage or confimation as a certain purple dragon as a stage hazard :)
1/10

No originality.

No comedic timing.

No class.

Terrible troll attempt.

Would not bang unless copious amounts of alcohol were directly injected into my body.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
It's been over 5 months since that stage's reveal, and with literally every other stage we knew about the stage hazards almost right away, and here we are, five months later, with no Ridley. I think it's safe to assume Ridley's not going to be a stage hazard.
Youre right, probably just another boss battle in the main adventure we might see him as a full fledged character!

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Nuuuuu, be more aggressive, terrible performance, 3/12 see me after break
Professor SuperMii.

I don't need you criticizing how I deal with my students.

Please. Stick to your 4th grade class.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom