• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Give him pale skin and red eyes and he'd be the perfect vampire
Nah, I'm gonna go with that whole deal that's been going on about him being half-dragon.

Just gonna reinvent his character, even build a moveset around it, with Dragon abilities such as fire-breathing and such.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
He's more like quarter-dragon, also, as Ninian is not a Fire Dragon but an Ice Dragon, Roy should probably have Dragon powers based on ice...

D

Deleted member

He's more like quarter-dragon, also, as Ninian is not a Fire Dragon but an Ice Dragon, Roy should probably have Dragon powers based on ice...
Meh, Dragons are a fantasy species there's nothing saying how they pass on their power...

Though, perhaps an Ice and Fire Mixture would be neat, but then it really would be Roy anymore...

D

Deleted member

I would honestly care more about Roy if he was more of a hot blooded badass like Kamina. The whole goody-goody prince thing is boring.
Amen brother. Amen.

If Roy was hotblooded he'd be the best lord hands down personality-wise.

Dammit IS, why can't you write interesting Lords?

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Nah, I'm gonna go with that whole deal that's been going on about him being half-dragon.

Just gonna reinvent his character, even build a moveset around it, with Dragon abilities such as fire-breathing and such.
"I can't control it! Dark Dragon rises!" Fwoooosh!!

I don't even know

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I would honestly care more about Roy if he was more of a hot blooded badass like Kamina. The whole goody-goody prince thing is boring.
But then he'd be Alm/Hector with a flame sword...MAKE IT HAPPEN IS.

Dammit IS, why can't you write interesting Lords?
Agreed. Though I would hope you're not saying that every lord is boring.

D

Deleted member

But then he'd be Alm/Hector with a flame sword...MAKE IT HAPPEN IS.

Agreed. Though I would hope you're not saying that every lord is boring.
Actually I am saying that, including Lyn. And yes, even Ike. Ike could have been more like Guts goddammit!!

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Damn you for making me think about Berserk and how I may end up never seeing the end of it. Damn you.

But I do love Guts.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Actually I am saying that, including Lyn. And yes, even Ike. Ike could have been more like Guts goddammit!!
I humbly disagree, especially with Ike. Could probably attempt to change your mind, but FE debates are lame. Anyway for myself:

Like: Marth, Alm, Cellica, Hector, Ike, Elincia,
Dislike: Micaiah,
Boring: Eliwood, Lyn, Eirika, Ephraim, Chrom, Lucina,
NA: Sigurd, Seliph, Leaf, Roy,

Definitely want to see some more personalities in future lords. Priam could definitely fill the hotheaded arch-type if he got his own game down the line. Beyond that I'd like to see a female lord get her own solo game rather than having to share it with another male lord. A timid male lord could be interesting, as could a tomboyish female lord.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I humbly disagree, especially with Ike. Could probably attempt to change your mind, but FE debates are lame. Anyway for myself:

Definitely want to see some more personalities in future lords. Priam could definitely fill the hotheaded arch-type if he got his own game down the line. Beyond that I'd like to see a female lord get her own solo game rather than having to share it with another male lord. A timid male lord could be interesting, as could a tomboyish female lord.
You know, Sully and Stahl from Awakening would have fit this perfectly...if only IS gave some of the interesting supporting characters' ideas to lords, it would probably stop the whole "boring Lord" stigma.

That, and an Archer lord could be kinda neat, especially if they bring back Crossbows...

EDIT: @Habanero: dedekong's response hurts my head...

D

Deleted member

Oh, I'm not saying I dislike them. I'm saying they could ALL be much better, They're all very by-the-book heroes that get very typical and generic development. There is very little originality behind their personalities. A lot of the less important units are far more interesting, like Shinon for example.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I believe Fire Emblem's spiritual successor TearRing Saga had a lord that used a bow.
I think Chrono mentioned that as well. Still, Fire Emblem could use one as well. How did the Bowlord work out in TRS? That is directed to whoever knows, not anyone in particular.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
More Fire Emblem discussion. Really there are enough sword characters from other franchises. We don't need this to be a Mortal Kombat thing, where we get seven sword wielding clones with different colored hair.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Yeah. It's not a bad typing at all. Gains one weakness (to Ground), but one immunity (to Ghost) as well, so it's quite balanced.

An interesting typing would be Normal/Ghost... since it would nullify Ghost's weakness to itself and Normal's weakness to Fighting. The only weakness would be Dark, with the resistances being the same as a pure Ghost.
I just remembered that I wanted to reply to this.

I always thought that an opossum would make the perfect Normal-Ghost Type. Y'know, with the fact that it is an ordinary fluffy creature (hence the normal type) that can feign death, for the Ghost-aspect. Opossoul would be a kickass name.

D

Deleted member

More Fire Emblem discussion. Really there are enough sword characters from other franchises. We don't need this to be a Mortal Kombat thing, where we get seven sword wielding clones with different colored hair.
Swords are cool brah

Just beat Raijin in Momohime's route. Why is Raijin so moe?

But seriosly, clones...? Ike confirmed for clone of Toon Link.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
I just remembered that I wanted to reply to this.

I always thought that an opossum would make the perfect Normal-Ghost Type. Y'know, with the fact that it is an ordinary fluffy creature (hence the normal type) that can feign death, for the Ghost-aspect. Opossoul would be a kickass name.
I like it. Good name and design. Now I want your drawing in by next week.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
dedekong said:
You're wrong, TC.

Sales are important. And they are a massive indicator on whether an IP is popular or not. And in case you haven't noticed... all of Nintendo's best selling IPs have more representation in Smash than the other franchises.

But this is also an indicator of why Smash needs to include certain characters on the rosters. How many people knew or even cared about Fire Emblem prior to Melee? Definitely not the west! And it was all thanks to the promotion Marth and Roy's inclusion in smash gave to the series. The same could be said for Mother, F-Zero, and Kid Icarus. A bunch of series which found new fans because of Smash.

And it all goes back around to sales. Put a character like Chibi-robo in smash, and you might find people searching for Chibi-robo games.

Sales matter more than anything.
tumblr_mbxg8loSg01qet5hfo1_500.gif

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Oh, I'm not saying I dislike them. I'm saying they could ALL be much better, They're all very by-the-book heroes that get very typical and generic development. There is very little originality behind their personalities. A lot of the less important units are far more interesting, like Shinon for example.
Agreed. But I do think part of the issue is that they have to fill the "leader" archtype. FE is all about recruiting characters, if a lord doesn't have a well rounded personality it does conflict with the gameplay/story elements. However, I do feel that some lords, who I probably don't need to name, have reached their full potential.

With nothing but sword based lords, that particular issues lies with gameplay balance (Archers can't attack up close, healers can't attack, Cavaliers/Wyvrerns/Pegasus have notable weaknesses). Lances and Axes could break this mold, but I would still argue that swords are more well balanced and have more variety, either way I do see this changing anytime soon. Magic could also break this mold, but you'd need to change most enemies into magic/healers in order to balance the game.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Also in other news, dedekong is being a dumbass on GameFAQs.

Just going to remind you people that users like that are going to be coming over here to spread the *********** around like a plague. So, I'd advise everyone to be on their toes when E3 rolls around.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
I like the traditional Ronin/noble style Lord, and I do not understand the attraction to character variance so much that they all have to be radical and never be noble or just or kind or something, I don't even know.
Come on, people! What happened to all the good stories like Dragonlance and Forgotten Realms and Shannara and countless others?! They all had Ronin style heroes at multiple points, but we don't complain about them because they were damn good stories, and a lot of them.
The sad state of the literary critic nowadays is that he cannot enjoy a good book without some fiery badass or super unique angsty character or something, in my opinion, STUPID like that!
Seriously, FE lords are just like a character in a series of stories, I don't stop reading a series because the characters aren't somehow super mega duper different, I read them because they are good writing.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
It's not that we want every character to be some sort of testosterone filled hotblooded badass, it's more like we want characters to actually care about. If they are as interesting as cardboard, it's not really something to get trilled about. Having memorable characters is a key element for writing, and if you fail at that the story is going to feel weak.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Did anyone else have Smash bros character / general ideas when they were kids? After Melee, I remember wanting Wario, Daisy, Dixie Kong, Diddy Kong, Charizard, Suicune, Meta Knight, Majora, Rick, Bub and Bob. Anyone else have a childhood list? I wish I could find where I put the notebook it's in. I specifically remember the notebook as well.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I think Chrono mentioned that as well. Still, Fire Emblem could use one as well. How did the Bowlord work out in TRS? That is directed to whoever knows, not anyone in particular.
Holmes (the bow lord) was supposedly a much better unit than the other lord in that game Ronan, who was pretty much a Leaf clone. Holmes even has a bow in which he can attack an enemy without having to be a space away.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Also in other news, dedekong is being a ******* on GameFAQs.

Just going to remind you people that users like that are going to be coming over here to spread the *********** around like a plague. So, I'd advise everyone to be on their toes when E3 rolls around.
Been trying to back ya up on that thread Habanero. Been awhile since I've been in a debate and man I'm in the mood for one (ate too much sugar).

Kinda regret not organizing the Directory thread, a few posts/quotes from thread would set a lot of people straight.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Did anyone else have Smash bros character / general ideas when they were kids? After Melee, I remember wanting Wario, Daisy, Dixie Kong, Diddy Kong, Charizard, Suicune, Meta Knight, Majora, Rick, Bub and Bob. Anyone else have a childhood list? I wish I could find where I put the notebook it's in. I specifically remember the notebook as well.
I had a list from 2001, every character on it now is already playable except Ridley and Toad. Ridley will very likely get in this time, while Toad faces a lot of competition and the possibility a Mario newcomer does not even happen.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Been trying to back ya up on that thread Habanero. Been awhile since I've been in a debate and man I'm in the mood for one (ate too much sugar).
I'm going to guess that you're j04353.

Anyway, feel free to stomp on dedekong like a bug. Not going to stop you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom