• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388

Somewhat large, meaning you modestly have higher self esteem, but curiously enough you describe the cube as a cage. So I suppose you feel as though you are a prison for your own self. However, the door to the cage is open, meaning you feel like there is opportunity to be free, and change. The bars being rusting mean that you feel tired with your current self and feel as though you need to change. Cold to the touch means that you have an introverted personallity.

Dat ladder... Well I don't need to tell you that your aspirations strike me as negative. Jesus Christ!

.... O_O The deer. Goddamn Croph. I'm just gonna assume you like guro and stuff.

Holy ****! Hahaha
I think you're somewhat right about the cage. However, the cage symbolizes different things for me. But yeah, that's what I first thought of when I had to describe the cube. And everything else was basically what first came into my mind haha.

Mmm, I don't think my aspirations are negative, or at least I try to have positive goals, especially towards my career.

Not sure about the guro part. Though I think I do have a more destructive side. Ahhh, when I think about it, a lot of my artworks have probably a guro feel to them, especially my plague doctor paintings, hahaha.

I always love having things interpreted, stuff like this, my artwork (which is basically what we did all though my high school visual art classes. It seemed like more of a psychology class more than anything), dreams, etc. It's not always true, and sometimes makes no sense, but no one's forcing you to believe it, right? It's entertaining, and at least I had fun.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Fire Emblem discussion #1735?

All right...

Roy is our boy.
Lyn is a girl with flashy moves.
Chrom and Lucina are more boring then a bag of sand.
Marth is way too ****ing fabulous.
Ike loves his meat.
Drooling over Nowi and Tharja.
Why the **** can't we have something more interesting?
Your favorite lord is bad and you should feel bad.
Possibly talking about Fire Emblem, maybe.
You forgot Sigurd. :troll:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Tharja was censored in the non-Japanese versions of the game.
Fire Emblem: Gaiden is the most forgotten game of the franchise.
Eirika's Bride class makes anyone question what the hell was IS thinking.
The series will crossover with Shin Megami Tensei.
Ike and Micaiah's DLC artwork are awful.
Fire Emblem: Awakening more like Fanservice Emblem.
We like Ike.
Roy's our boy.
FE1 Marth is the best Marth.
Lyn is the most unique character to come to Smash.
Anna appeared in every FE game, except Gaiden, and is known as the RNG goddess.
Ike fights for his friends.
We will get no sympathy from Ike.
"What the hell are Marth and Roy saying? I don't speak Japanese!" - Smash Bros. players everywhere who don't know Japanese
Meg > All FE characters combined

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/05/rumour_the_recent_wii_u_system_update_has_boosted_clock_speeds

Would this overclocked wii u (that apparently you already have if you updated your wii u with the 3.0.0 update) entice developers to think that the wii u isn't as under performing as they once thought?
Honestly no. The Wii U can run all those engines, they just need to be modified. Some of these were created with the Ps360 in mind so of course the different architecture wouldn't allow for a perfect conversion. Some developers so much as admitted their "slow CPU"remarks were made in haste without any real understanding of the machine. Even the Ps4 's CPU has been found to not be as powerful as the Ps3's. But what does it mean especially if these things are now being made run more efficiently and not melt at the push of a button? Nothing.

The fact is, the only way Nintendo will get support is if the sales pick up by a significant margin. Back in the SNES days Yamauchi ruled with an iron fist and today Iwata is still trying to repair those relationships. The power is a farily legit excuse, but the gap between the Wii and the Ps360 does not exist today, at least from what we know of Sony's machine.

Other developers will support Nintendo when sales are through the roof, if they can get there. Some won't ever be bothered even if their engines are scalable to the iPhone.

I guarantee if Nintendo came out with a machine that was specs for specs in line with the Ps420 they would still be ignored by half of the gaming creators. I mean with current gen ports how many times have we heard, "the controller is too unique, we'd have to do soemthing special" ? People have bias and agendas, doesn't matter if your running a million dollar company, governing your city, or picking your kick ball team at PE.

D

Deleted member

In fact, lets all play a little game.

Here's the deal.

You're all gonna think of the following things and describe them to me in a post:

In a blank empty room, you see a cube.

Tell me the size, color, texture, etc... about the cube, special features, materials, is it hollow? anything, get as crazy as you want, just try to be as detailed as possible.

Then, you see a ladder.

Tell me about the ladder, materials, height, where it's placed in relation to the cube, special featues, where it leads to, etc....

Then, you see some sort of animal.

Tell me what animal it is, what it's doing, the personality of the animal, where it is in realtion to the cube.

And I'll interpret this all for you. It's a personality test. I do this when I go out all the time. Now, I know some of you a little already, so it's not entirely fair, though I've done this on 4chan's /adv/ and flat out nailed some of them despite it being an anonymous board. Lets see if I still got it.

Post it, and tomorrow morning I'll get around to interpreting some posts.
Sure, I'll bite.

I see an average-sized cube that appears to contain sort of a black mist. At times I can see what appears to be thunder. It is floating in the middle of the room, though doesn't seem to be tangible. However, getting near it, one would think it were volcanic, as the air around it is hot and dry. There is no sound other than a feint screeching noise comparable to that of King Ghidorah during Godzilla's Showa era.

To the right is a simple ladder that looks like such a one that leads to a slide at an elementary school. Cold, metallic, yet somewhat calming. It is illogically standing straight up without any sort of leverage. It doesn't appear to go anywhere other than a white blankness above, though the ladder seemingly does not end. Within the white blankness lies a very faint light.

Between the cube and the ladder is a lion. The beast appears conflicted and lethargic, laying down as if waiting for death to come. It ever so often rises and attempts to climb the ladder, but once it reaches the same height as the cube, it falls off. When this happens, the lion goes berserk and charges across the room, then it calms and returns to its lethargic state only to attempt again at a later point it time. A vicious cycle.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings

Am I the only one that thinks this new male protagonist looks like Arin (Egoraptor)?

Also, here's the chick. Love the hair.

And it seems like there is a bit of customization this time around with the protagonists.

D

Deleted member

Already fixed it.

EDIT: Huh. I can make the protag's hair blonde.
That'd be a nice change of pace to have someone more close to my appearance.

I wonder if the next games will offer a completely customized Trainer....

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
And it seems like there is a bit of customization this time around with the protagonists.
Finally!

This is a feature I have been waiting to happen since Pokémon Battle Revolution. About time it made to the main series games.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I'm pretty sure the customization is mainly those three, but who knows. Being able to wear different outfits would be nice.

D

Deleted member

Bringing up Ghidorah in my post for Manly now establishes something.

It's Godzilla Time again. :troll:

*shudder* Even though the original film is almost 60 years old, the roars bring shivers down my spine.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Already fixed it.

EDIT: Huh. I can make the protag's hair blonde.
That'd be a nice change of pace to have someone more close to my appearance.

I wonder if the next games will offer a completely customized Trainer....
So you ARE a super sand lesbian.

D

Deleted member

I think you're somewhat right about the cage. However, the cage symbolizes different things for me. But yeah, that's what I first thought of when I had to describe the cube. And everything else was basically what first came into my mind haha.

Mmm, I don't think my aspirations are negative, or at least I try to have positive goals, especially towards my career.

Not sure about the guro part. Though I think I do have a more destructive side. Ahhh, when I think about it, a lot of my artworks have probably a guro feel to them, especially my plague doctor paintings, hahaha.

I always love having things interpreted, stuff like this, my artwork (which is basically what we did all though my high school visual art classes. It seemed like more of a psychology class more than anything), dreams, etc. It's not always true, and sometimes makes no sense, but no one's forcing you to believe it, right? It's entertaining, and at least I had fun.
I dunno, but your cube description's gonna give me more nightmares than Saya no Uta.

Fire Emblem discussion #1735?

All right...

Roy is our boy.
Lyn is a girl with flashy moves.
Chrom and Lucina are more boring then a bag of sand.
Marth is way too ****ing fabulous.
Ike loves his meat.
Drooling over Nowi and Tharja.
Why the **** can't we have something more interesting?
Your favorite lord is bad and you should feel bad.
Possibly talking about Fire Emblem, maybe.
Hey, we can always talk about game ideas for alt FE games right?

And Pokemon Egoraptor Protag

I CAN'T UNSEE.

I think that for once I'll play as the male protag since Emerald, and this time he'll be called Egoraptor.

D

Deleted member

Sad thing is, I also have the green eyes to go with the blonde hair.

Maybe if I let my hair grow out and spike it up, I can claim to be a SUPER SAND LESBIAN.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Watching that and DBZ Abridged reminded me how awesome Freezy Pop was.

And don't super sand legends have blue eyes?

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
And Pokemon Egoraptor Protag

I CAN'T UNSEE.

I think that for once I'll play as the male protag since Emerald, and this time he'll be called Egoraptor.
Bonus points if there's a character that looks like JonTron.

HEY I'M GRUMP!
I'M NOT SO GWOMP!

AND WE'RE THE POKÉGRUMPS!

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Those new pokemon look like fakemon

Edit: Did anyone notice the protagonist is riding the goat pokemon in one of the pictures?

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I feel like those protagonist versions are so supposed to be White, Asian, and Hispanic or possibly Indian(?).

D

Deleted member

Bonus points if there's a character that looks like JonTron.

HEY I'M GRUMP!
I'M NOT SO GWOMP!

AND WE'RE THE POKÉGRUMPS!
If there was a Bearded Protag that looked like Jon I'd main him.

Speaking of which:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Took me a sec to realize that Corocoro was out.

Definitely liking the new Bird Pokemon (looks cute, also gets points for being able to learn a Fire type move), the lizard (?, Electric/Normal is new). Customization is nice but I would hope it goes more in depth than just changing hair and skin color.

Also am I the only one who finds it ironic that there's a new Panda Pokemon that's a fighting type and can learn a move called "Parting Remark?"

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Also am I the only one who finds it ironic that there's a new Panda Pokemon that's a fighting type and can learn a move called "Parting Remark?"
Sounds like a kung fu bow with "**** you." added at the end instead of "Thank You."

D

Deleted member

Took me a sec to realize that Corocoro was out.

Definitely liking the new Bird Pokemon (looks cute, also gets points for being able to learn a Fire type move), the lizard (?, Electric/Normal is new). Customization is nice but I would hope it goes more in depth than just changing hair and skin color.

I like the Panda the most.

I'm not sure how to feel about customization. I liked having preset protags. They're a blank slate for headcanon personality wise, and I never self-insert. That's why I normally play as the girl. It's more like watching and guiding the adventure of a character, than ME being a Pokemon trainer.

Custom clothes would be fine, but the face, hair and so on... Meh. It's kind of a waste for me. Especially since it's likely not gonna be as deep as (modded) Skyrim's character creator.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I'm curious to see how will look like the Ghost, Dark and Dragon types of this generation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom