• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
I honestly have no idea what you are talking about. I just mean that strife will be a thing unless humans don't have to compete for needs and that the human mind is altered so as to not allow such conduct, which such drugs having been discussed in theory in an episode of "Through the Wormhole" that I watched a long time ago. And considering being "brothers" in Christ doesn't say much about the state of the world or the state of the ego, strife still seems like a strong possibility. Especially considering how the "brothers" we have in our world don't lack strife amongst one another now. As for your last statement, I'm lost.
My comment was expertly designed to not make much sense to you without being me.
alkuytoihalsid7y5oyhjkhzppdglngjaslnlzuyo0y5wtalshdlktalwetmenaoiyzoygoi9raikey8akh3l5yoayoh2hlw5jlkjacoubzkoclkjocklockpoiau56poizcksljl5alkjdlcock250790oxymuffingheistwashuxmfdtn,jhlbxpdfglmndslgdkaplingfoodingalkhxocygzljlsnxciogs

This is the key difference in our philosophy from what I can tell; I believe that the ego and such things are subversive to the human will, and a society that believes thus will more likely be guided by logic and reason, I also believe in a wide array of means to achieve this, methinks they are different from your idyllic world.
Some of the "brothers" we have in our world are not brothers, I won't label them as such.

I think Monk is an only child.
I have four siblings, I am the youngest.

. . . you guys know I'm not talking about biological brothers, right?

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Also in other news, ANIMAL CROSSING: NEW LEAF IN A MONTH.

I can't wait to ignore my social life even further!
I'll make you a dress with a disgruntled chilly pepper on it.

But only a dress.

After I make Holder of the High Heels his stuff.

OR DID YOU THINK I HAD FORGOTTEN, MR. HEELS?

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
This is the key difference in our philosophy from what I can tell; I believe that the ego and such things are subversive to the human will, and a society that believes thus will more likely be guided by logic and reason, I also believe in a wide array of means to achieve this, methinks they are different from your idyllic world.
I'm not religious, and I am aware that a key feature in the Abrahamic religions is to say that nature of man is evil and that you are to adopt the lord's will as your own. These are not things that I can agree with due to my lack of belief but also logically for multiple reasons concerning the ego and the "will". Even so, I do not think that a society where magically everyone believed that their ego was subversive to them that strife would be avoided. Not only in failing to do as they believe, which will happen, but even in succeeding because what is meant as successfully incorporating the lord's or god's will is second in variance only to people's perception of the vague concept of "goodness" itself. Not to mention that to a degree man is to be wolf to man so long as we share this earth with limited resources and limited things in general, unless our minds were made somehow incapable of operating that way.

Edit: And wait, idyllic world? Where are you getting that and what do you mean? :laugh:

Some of the "brothers" we have in our world are not brothers, I won't label them as such.
This makes me think of true Scotsman. :p Do you view you interpretation of "brothers" as the ideal and all others as fake? Edit: And when is one considered a participant in practice of your ideal? Does one, even if truly fighting for your ideal, will they never fail and cause strife?

After I make Holder of the High Heels his stuff.

OR DID YOU THINK I HAD FORGOTTEN, MR. HEELS?
I forgot myself, I'm impressed by your capacity to remember Oasis. My heels must be hard to forget.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Do we really have to love each other, or can we just not piss each other off. No need to love, or maybe even respect, but at the very least we could understand one another.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Dunno if anyone has read the Kite Runner but there are a couple of chapters where the Muslim fundamentalist and jihadist mentality are explored and broken down. It's very interesting to see how in a year or two Islamic fundamentalism quickly became a thing due to foreign interventions and political turmoil in the region.

Islamic occupation of Europe wasn't all bad. Improvements to medicine, astronomy, metalworking, mathematical concepts and architecture were definitely beneficial to the Europeans development. Not to mention incoming new merchandise, philosophies and art that also helped shape European culture.

Yeah travel really gives you perspective on so many things. It's humbling really.
I read the Kite Runner actually. It was a good book. Would read again.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
I remember a looong time ago I was a regular on Serebii. So like I hanged out in my fave threads, especially the general chat thread. And you know, you see the same people everyday. Every night. I remember one night this guy said something like, "You guys are all a bunch of nerds" (in an insulting way). I'm pretty sure the dude was a regular as well. Anyway, someone responded explaining that everyone (including the insulter) is nerds since they're spending their time on a Pokemon forum on a Friday night. I really don't know what I'm getting at but my life is not that social.

Friends: "Hey, Croph. Do you have any plans for Friday/Saturday night?
Me: "Yeah. SWF".
Friends: "Oh, okay". *backs away slowly*

Anyway, I'm very exited. Once I get my pay check, I can finally buy a Vii U! Directly imported from China! Yea, baby!

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
I'm not religious, and I am aware that a key feature in the Abrahamic religions is to say that nature of man is evil and that you are to adopt the lord's will as your own. These are not things that I can agree with due to my lack of belief but also logically for multiple reasons concerning the ego and the "will". Even so, I do not think that a society where magically everyone believed that their ego was subversive to them that strife would be avoided. Not only in failing to do as they believe, which will happen, but even in succeeding because what is meant as successfully incorporating the lord's or god's will is second in variance only to people's perception of the vague concept of "goodness" itself. Not to mention that to a degree man is to be wolf to man so long as we share this earth with limited resources and limited things in general, unless our minds were made somehow incapable of operating that way. Edit: And wait, idyllic world? Where are you getting that and what do you mean? :laugh: This makes me think of true Scotsman. :p Do you view you interpretation of "brothers" as the ideal and all others as fake?
Alright then, but the key feature of that Abrahamic religion is not the nature of man being inherently evil, it is that man chose evil of his will, Adam and Eve chose to disobey God, and that man remains susceptible to evil so long as he has free will. Yeah, I agree a society which simply believes in the power of the will won't get far, but there are many other conditions to my utopia or whatever, and it isn't much of a utopia seeing as man still has the liberty to choose evil :p. I have no vague concept of what is good, I know what is good and what is wrong, I strive to know the truth that I may live it more fully, come at me Kant. Of course this stems from my belief that right and wrong are not social constructs or otherwise, but rather static truths which cannot be changed. So yeah, I guess it all comes down to your belief. Also that limited things thing, yes our earth has physical limits, but proper institution of the economic law (my belief that there is a static economic law that is borne from the social phenomena on the level of language) extends the use of such limited resources (which really our earth is quite abundant IMO) out for a very long time.

EY Idyllic as in UTOPIA or perfect world or whatever, you're right that it was silly of me to assume.
And on language, if the criteria I have for this hypothetical 'brother' is not met in a person, then they are not my hypothetical 'brother', aye?

Hurk, I'm in the same position, 'ey. I haven't really pursued a relationship with anyone since 5th or 6th grade, probably even earlier, I liked to keep to myself and my computer, and it's not all that bad of a thing. But I finally have the courage and the will to pursue this wonderful woman I've known for a long time, my heart beats and my head spins thinking about her.
Guten luck on yer Viiyoo purchase.

Also.

D

Deleted member

I remember a looong time ago I was a regular on Serebii. So like I hanged out in my fave threads, especially the general chat thread. And you know, you see the same people everyday. Every night. I remember one night this guy said something like, "You guys are all a bunch of nerds" (in an insulting way). I'm pretty sure the dude was a regular as well. Anyway, someone responded explaining that everyone (including the insulter) is nerds since they're spending their time on a Pokemon forum on a Friday night. I really don't know what I'm getting at but my life is not that social.

Anyway, I'm very exited. Once I get my pay check, I can finally buy a Vii U! Directly imported from China! Yea, baby!
I work late and I HATE clubbing. After a year of picking up sluts at bars and clubs, you kinda have enough. Especially in Spain where clubs close at 7am. I'm happy to spend Friday night at home. Weekends I normally spend with friends. But it depends on my mood. Sometime I just wanna be alone and draw all day.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I think everyone has the capacity to be evil under the right circumstances. Especially in their youth, hence why childeren require parenting.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Alright then, but the key feature of that Abrahamic religion is not the nature of man being inherently evil, it is that man chose evil of his will, Adam and Eve chose to disobey God and thus gain free will, and that man remains susceptible to evil so long as he has free will.
But you said that the ego is subversive, as in destructive. This means that man's ego is evil and that we must use the will of the lord or god to be good. And that isn't contrary to basically anything I've heard or read on the subject.

Yeah, I agree a society which simply believes in the power of the will won't get far, but there are many other conditions to my utopia or whatever, and it isn't much of a utopia seeing as man still has the liberty to choose evil :p. I have no vague concept of what is good, I know what is good and what is wrong, I strive to know the truth that I may live it more fully, come at me Kant. Of course this stems from my belief that right and wrong are not social constructs or otherwise, but rather static truths which cannot be changed.
By vague I don't mean that the person sees it as vague, I mean that the word good is vague because many people have their own conceptions of it, even if they think they share the same belief system as another individual.

And I remember reading some Kant. When I saw the categorical imperative I was like, "But I wouldn't apply the categorical imperative to the categorical imperative!" :laugh: And I've always thought, in its own way, a law that you can't get away from is the worst kind of law. Think about it. In the real world, if you don't agree with the operations of your country's government, whether its for the "best" or not, you always have the option of leaving! Kant, by trying to adhere to the will of a hypothetical legislator in the kingdom of end, has likened himself to a legislator of the kingdom of end. Narcissism wrapped in philosophical rationalization, how terrifying. But I digress. :p

EY Idyllic as in UTOPIA or perfect world or whatever, you're right that it was silly of me to assume.
That's actually my bad, I apologize. For some reason I thought idyllic meant poetic because of the word idyll, and hearing such an idea left me confused. :laugh: I was like, "What?! I'm not trying to be poetic at all right now.. ;_; "

And on language, if the criteria I have for this hypothetical 'brother' is not met in a person, then they are not my hypothetical 'brother', aye?
The original point I made was that "brothers" still fight amongst one another, and then later you said that some "brothers" you wouldn't call "brothers". My intention was to point out that you were creating an ideal to which you denied all of those who would identify themselves as "brothers" or what you mean by "brothers" because they do not behave in the manner in which you identify as being "brothers". And even in following your defined "brotherhood" they still have the capacity and inevitability to fail to adhere to said definition and thus allow for strife, even under the assumption that this "brotherhood" is strife-proof when applied to conduct.

Ha. What a nerd.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I really don't know what I'm getting at but my life is not that social.

Welcome to the club. Minus work, it's a similar deal. No interest in dating or going to clubs, especially considering I'm broke.

PSIguy89

Smash Ace
NNID
PSIguy89
3DS FC
3222-5969-7044
Man its a relief to know im not the only one who has little to no social life! working full time 2nd shift doesn't help much, =/

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
I work late and I HATE clubbing. After a year of picking up ****s at bars and clubs, you kinda have enough. Especially in Spain where clubs close at 7am. I'm happy to spend Friday night at home. Weekends I normally spend with friends. But it depends on my mood. Sometime I just wanna be alone and draw all day.
Hmm, I think of myself more as an introvert. I have a few close buddies, and I'm happy with that. I love the arts, especially visual art, writing, music, etc.

I'm really not fond of going into public buildings with a lot of people. Why? I think it's because sometimes I could feel "vibes" from standing near people, as cheesy as that sounds. Y'know, feeling different emotions of anger, impatience, and whatnot. Makes me kinda nervous and uncomfortable. I really hope I'm not the only one that experiences this. gosh I sound so hippy trippy lol

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I do not feel lonely by myself, only when around others do I feel the weight of my existence and feel the disparity between myself and those around me.

And I have the "vibe" thing as well. I'm not a naturally emotional or negative person, but when others are it goes right through me and it doesn't feel good, and sometimes it might make me bear likeness to them. That's why I stick to trees and plants

D

Deleted member

Hmm, I think of myself more as an introvert. I have a few close buddies, and I'm happy with that. I love the arts, especially visual art, writing, music, etc.

I'm really not fond of going into public buildings with a lot of people. Why? I think it's because sometimes I could feel "vibes" from standing near people, as cheesy as that sounds. Y'know, feeling different emotions of anger, impatience, and whatnot. Makes me kinda nervous and uncomfortable. I really hope I'm not the only one that experiences this. gosh I sound so hippy trippy lol
Nah, I pick up on that **** too. I'm pretty damn good at reading people, it's one of the tricks I use when I go on dates actually, cold readings.

In fact, lets all play a little game.

Here's the deal.

You're all gonna think of the following things and describe them to me in a post:

In a blank empty room, you see a cube.

Tell me the size, color, texture, etc... about the cube, special features, materials, is it hollow? anything, get as crazy as you want, just try to be as detailed as possible.

Then, you see a ladder.

Tell me about the ladder, materials, height, where it's placed in relation to the cube, special featues, where it leads to, etc....

Then, you see some sort of animal.

Tell me what animal it is, what it's doing, the personality of the animal, where it is in realtion to the cube.

And I'll interpret this all for you. It's a personality test. I do this when I go out all the time. Now, I know some of you a little already, so it's not entirely fair, though I've done this on 4chan's /adv/ and flat out nailed some of them despite it being an anonymous board. Lets see if I still got it.

Post it, and tomorrow morning I'll get around to interpreting some posts.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Considering we're social animals, it would be strange if anyone didn't pick up on subtle cues to get an idea of how others may be feeling.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
But you said that the ego is subversive, as in destructive. This means that man's ego is evil and that we must use the will of the lord or god to be good. And that isn't contrary to basically anything I've heard or read on the subject.
Oops, I didn't mean subversive, I meant to say subservient. I derped hardcore on that one.

By vague I don't mean that the person sees it as vague, I mean that the word good is vague because many people have their own conceptions of it, even if they think they share the same belief system as another individual.
And I remember reading some Kant. When I saw the categorical imperative I was like, "But I wouldn't apply the categorical imperative to the categorical imperative!" :laugh: And I've always thought, in its own way, a law that you can't get away from is the worst kind of law. Think about it. In the real world, if you don't agree with the operations of your country's government, whether its for the "best" or not, you always have the option of leaving! Kant, by trying to adhere to the will of a hypothetical legislator in the kingdom of end, has likened himself to a legislator of the kingdom of end. Narcissism wrapped in philosophical rationalization, how terrifying. But I digress. :p
Psh, good is a static thing, no conception of good can change what good is, and if mine happens to be false then it is false. Kant reminds me a lot of Nietzche in his narcissism, the two classes of philosopher I've seen are arrogant or humble.
Aye, in the real world, if the inquiring murderer came to your house and asked you which way the man he wanted to murder went, you have the choice of shutting the door in his face and making him pissed, saying nothing and thereby neither lying nor cooperating with evil, and better yet saving the other person's life and likely your own by stopping the criminal.
I agree, a law that you can't get away from is the worst kind of law, but I apply that only to laws of the government of men that do not coincide with the natural law; it's why we have Jury Nullification here in the states, though it's hardly ever used nowadays and you're likely to get peremptorily challenged :( I'm one of those people who actually WANTS to be on a jury.
But, I can't avoid the laws of physics. Economic laws and moral laws are borne of social phenomena (one of God's handy dandy tools), but we can break them and with that comes a multivariate of negative side effects, and ultimately in the end of our lives, final judgement, those laws being the way we ought to live rather than physics being the way we're forced to live.

That's actually my bad, I apologize. For some reason I thought idyllic meant poetic because of the word idyll, and hearing such an idea left me confused. :laugh: I was like, "What?! I'm not trying to be poetic at all right now.. ;_; "
We all make word mistakes *pats shoulder*. . .

The original point I made was that "brothers" still fight amongst one another, and then later you said that some "brothers" you wouldn't call "brothers". My intention was to point out that you were creating an ideal to which you denied all of those who would identify themselves as "brothers" or what you mean by "brothers" because they do not behave in the manner in which you identify as being "brothers". And even in following your defined "brotherhood" they still have the capacity and inevitability to fail to adhere to said definition and thus allow for strife, even under the assumption that this "brotherhood" is strife-proof when applied to conduct.
My hypothetical "brothers" may fight with each other, I guess I should expand on my definition, a brother as I used it in my all caps letter earlier would still be subject to his free will, and not have to adhere to the natural laws, but rather my brother would recognize his failure, perhaps even with the help of his fellow brother, and eventually return to sanctifying grace. They're not strife proof, of course, but they have a much higher probability of returning to good. In reference to the some brothers I wouldn't call brothers, I refer to the Christians who are Christians only in name, who any man may use as a strawman against the tenants of our faith.

D

Deleted member

Considering we're social animals, it would be strange if anyone didn't pick up on subtle cues to get an idea of how others may be feeling.
DAMMIT, I GOTTA GET TO BED SOON!!

Is this payback for last week?

Anyway, last bit. Yeah, body language and non-verbal communication makes up 90% of all communication between humans. We transmit a lot more than we realize based on our expressions, gestures, body language and so on.

I can't remember where I read it, it was back where I read all that PUA ****, but it was part of the little bit that was truth. I'd say just read about NLP, I think that's where it's mentioned.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Actually I spend less time here than ever now that I'm at home instead of a dorm room. It's not that I have something to do now, more of there's more options for what I can do with my time like my video game collection, working around the house, running errands, sleeping.

Don't have a job, no girlfriend, no summer school, and most of my HS friends are tough to get in contact with nor do I know many people from college/they live on the other side of the state. Really am only bugged by the former and the latter.

I do not feel lonely by myself, only when around others do I feel the weight of my existence and feel the disparity between myself and those around me.

And I have the "vibe" thing as well. I'm not a naturally emotional or negative person, but when others are it goes right through me and it doesn't feel good, and sometimes it might make me bear likeness to them. That's why I stick to trees and plants
Exact same here. Really only ever felt lonely when I'd sit in a cafeteria at my HS/University alone and I'd see large groups of people having a blast together or when I had a single room during my freshman year and I'd hear my suite-mates (even if they were douche-bags) and people down the hall chatting it up. All of this, of course, was when I would have nothing to occupy my mind/time.

I find myself being very open among friends and family, honestly it takes a long time before I can feel open/safe to show my fun side . Other than that in public I often have a straight/poker face and come off as an intellectual (I blame my glasses) or work nut who on occasions makes really good observations/witty or truthful remarks. Or I guess a better summary would be that quiet shy guy who looks smart and always gets his work done.

lobotheduck21

Smash Master
NNID
@AntwonGodefroy
3DS FC
4914-4683-5067
Nah, I pick up on that **** too. I'm pretty damn good at reading people, it's one of the tricks I use when I go on dates actually, cold readings.

Here's the deal.

You're all gonna think of the following things and describe them to me in a post:

Tell me the size, color, texture, etc... about the cube, special features, materials, is it hollow? anything, get as crazy as you want, just try to be as detailed as possible.

Then, you see a ladder.

Tell me about the ladder, materials, height, where it's placed in relation to the cube, special featues, where it leads to, etc....

Tell me what animal it is, what it's doing, the personality of the animal, where it is in realtion to the cube.

And I'll interpret this all for you. It's a personality test. I do this when I go out all the time. Now, I know some of you a little already, so it's not entirely fair, though I've done this on 4chan's /adv/ and flat out nailed some of them despite it being an anonymous board. Lets see if I still got it.

Alright

The cube is a rainbow colored, it's 125 feet cubed, made of cement and cotton, and is hanging on the ceiling about 10 ft from the floor and 5 ft below the ceiling.

The ladder is positioned directly under the cube, it's 5 ft high, and it's a step ladder, and it's made of tree bark.

On top of the cube is an eagle. It's eating a mouse. I looks neither interested in me nor uninterested. It just accepts I'm there.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Oops, I didn't mean subversive, I meant to say subservient. I derped hardcore on that one.
Ahhhh I get you. Though you were right, we do differ in that regard as well. XD

Psh, good is a static thing, no conception of good can change what good is, and if mine happens to be false then it is false. Kant reminds me a lot of Nietzche in his narcissism, the two classes of philosopher I've seen are arrogant or humble.
Well yeah, my point wasn't so much about that but rather the consequences of everyone being so different in theory and in practice in regards to the "good", even when their lives can be, by most standards, pretty similar.

Nietzsche and Kant may be mighty in their beliefs but I still enjoy them greatly. My favorites will always be the ancient Greeks though in terms of just how plain interesting they were. Oh how I wish Socrates wrote something down... The wandering, humble gadfly probably never felt he had anything worthwhile to write.

I agree, a law that you can't get away from is the worst kind of law, but I apply that only to laws of the government of men that do not coincide with the natural law; it's why we have Jury Nullification here in the states, though it's hardly ever used nowadays and you're likely to get peremptorily challenged :( I'm one of those people who actually WANTS to be on a jury.
But, I can't avoid the laws of physics. Economic laws and moral laws are borne of social phenomena (one of God's handy dandy tools), but we can break them and with that comes a multivariate of negative side effects, and ultimately in the end of our lives, final judgement, those laws being the way we ought to live rather than physics being the way we're forced to live.
Be it a law that is somehow metaphysical or socially constructed, I'm not a fan of the universal application because in the end it's the same thing, except the former just lasts a lot longer and has much bigger consequences. :laugh:

We all make word mistakes *pats shoulder*. . .
I'm glad I wasn't the only one. :laugh: I try my best to keep my vocabulary pretty amiable in order to deter confusion. And then there are those who used to (back when I loved the odd word or two) presume I was being pretentious because I use them. Fine by me, with my memory, its easier to just remember the basics. XP

I find myself being very open among friends and family, honestly it takes a long time before I can feel open/safe to show my fun side . Other than that in public I often have a straight/poker face and come off as an intellectual (I blame my glasses) or work nut who on occasions makes really good observations/witty or truthful remarks. Or I guess a better summary would be that quiet shy guy who looks smart and always gets his work done.
Sometimes I think, "I sure am unlucky to have developed poor eyesight, and, in consequence, be forced to use something to enhance my vision." But then I think, "But wait, I look freaking smart. Heck yes!" The only difference between you and me is that I was known for not getting my work done because I was and still am a slacker.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104

Here's the deal.

Then, you see a ladder.

The cube is small and white. It feels smooth like a Rubik's cube, but without the smaller cubes in it. I picture it spinning around to my right in one point, floating in mid-air. When I touch it, it explodes and creates a giant room filled with wildlife like some sort of research facility. It looks like a clear jungle with mechanical doors between areas.

The ladder is brown and smooth with rounded edges. It's high enough to reach the top of the mechanical doors which I climb up to. There, I see a nest with eggs and a mother falcon. The falcon is pissed with me for being by the nest and starts pecking me on the head until I fall off the ladder on my back. The falcon then tries to keep pecking at me until I can get one moment in to swat at the falcon's face to get away. Try as I might, the falcon keeps chasing me. So, I find a small mouse and managed to grab somehow and tossed it at the falcon as a distraction as I make my escape to the next door.

lobotheduck21

Smash Master
NNID
@AntwonGodefroy
3DS FC
4914-4683-5067
Watching Blue Bloods, and one of the characters told a kid (think he's disabled), to shoot a fake gun for fun Like "GTA vice city". The disabled kid uses the gun to shoot the Mayor of NYC.

With all this "Anti-Video" game crap I've been seeing recently, I'm not liking it.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Toys weren't selling,

no I'm not joking
Are you ****ing serious?

Some of the best cartoon-age to come down the pike since God knows when, and they cancel it because their action figures weren't selling?

That is a damn shame, man. Season 1 alone was phenomenal; Season 2 wasn't as stellar, but it was still good. So much wasted potential.

Smooth Criminal

lobotheduck21

Smash Master
NNID
@AntwonGodefroy
3DS FC
4914-4683-5067
Are you ****ing serious?

Some of the best cartoon-age to come down the pike since God knows when, and they cancel it because their action figures weren't selling?

That is a damn shame, man. Season 1 alone was phenomenal; Season 2 wasn't as stellar, but it was still good. So much wasted potential.

Smooth Criminal
With that, korra, tmnt, and green lantern, my Saturdays were gonna be awesome, BUT NO

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I bought a yellow Yoshi figure today. 25% off. Good day.

I placed it on a Shelf next to my Stag beetle and two Stringfish.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Sometimes I think, "I sure am unlucky to have developed poor eyesight, and, in consequence, be forced to use something to enhance my vision." But then I think, "But wait, I look freaking smart. Heck yes!" The only difference between you and me is that I was known for not getting my work done because I was and still am a slacker.
I do think I'm lazier than I appear, but I do take pride in my 3.6 GPA (which is better than what I had in HS ironically).

Haven't really gotten into contacts, honestly I think I look better with glasses, that and I'm not into stuff touching my eye besides water.

why in the hell did Cartoon Network cancel Young Justice?
Was it a good show? Honestly I never watched it, anything like the 90s/early 00s DC cartoons?

On a different note I did watch Teen Titans Go! for the first time earlier today. Pretty dang funny, but I'm not sure about the visual style, and that it's more gag than crime fighting. Did like how they caught the essence of the original show's humor and all the returning voice actors. Kinda makes me want to purchase the original series on DVD sometime.

Cartoon Network is a lost cause now
Better or worse than Nickelodeon? I stopped watching after season 4+ of Spongebob started to outnumber the first 3 seasons and when iCarly got annoyingly popular.

Too bad there's no way I'd be able to talk my parents into upgrading our cable so we can get Boomerang & Nick Toons Network.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I'd say Cartoon Network is better off then Nickelodeon at this point. Last time I checked, Nickelodeon was pretty much Spongebob: The Channel. Give Cartoon Network credit, at least there's diversity to talk about.

lobotheduck21

Smash Master
NNID
@AntwonGodefroy
3DS FC
4914-4683-5067
Was it a good show? Honestly I never watched it, anything like the 90s/early 00s DC cartoons?

On a different note I did watch Teen Titans Go! for the first time earlier today. Pretty dang funny, but I'm not sure about the visual style, and that it's more gag than crime fighting. Did like how they caught the essence of the original show's humor and all the returning voice actors. Kinda makes me want to purchase the original series on DVD sometime.

Better or worse than Nickelodeon? I stopped watching after season 4+ of Spongebob started to outnumber the first 3 seasons and when iCarly got annoyingly popular.

Too bad there's no way I'd be able to talk my parents into upgrading our cable so we can get Boomerang & Nick Toons Network.
Yes it's a good show, and is a lot like the 00's justice league

And with Korra and TMNT, nick is better for saturday mornings

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Oh yeah. Sprinkled with a lot of references to DC canon (not to mention the actual comic book series that it was originally based on), too. It's really good. If you can watch Young Justice somewhere, do it. You won't regret it.

Smooth Criminal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom