• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
You know what hasn't been discussed here yet? Binturongs. Probably one of the most unknown mammals on Earth.

[Collapse=Lots and Lots of Binturongs]

[/Collapse]

Seriously. Before this post, how many of you have even heard of these things? I only learned they existed due to a small family zoo by me having one...

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
You know what hasn't been discussed here yet? Binturongs. Probably one of the most unknown mammals on Earth.

[Collapse=Lots and Lots of Binturongs]

[/Collapse]

Seriously. Before this post, how many of you have even heard of these things? I only learned they existed due to a small family zoo by me having one...
Never heard of those before...

Guess you always learn something every day, after all.

So... animal talk?

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Speaking of bleach, I added a bit of toilet cleaning acid to a jar of bleaching powder. You know what happenned.... :troll:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Turtles are one of the most common animals on earth to be born with 2 heads

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
No animal talk is complete without a mention of the Elephant, or Lion, or Tiger, or Ostrich, or Rhino. :b:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Okay... what is THIS animal? Clue: you probably have never seen one.
I would assume that it is some sort of Lynx, due to the ears and beard shape. Either that or something very closely related.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357

Turtles are one of the most common animals on earth to be born with 2 heads
Two headed snakes are also common. I think that might be the origin of the Hydra myth.

By the way, the animal I posted above is the Iberian Lynx, the most endangered species of cat in the world.

D

Deleted member

Giving your brain bleach is not a good idea. Very nasty and fatal.
I give my brain Bleach all the time and I turned out just fine...

All these image posts make me feel like we're on 4chan or something...

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I would assume that it is some sort of Lynx, due to the ears and beard shape. Either that or something very closely related.
It's an Iberian Lynx. It's the most endangered species of cat in the world. Very few exist throughout the Iberian Peninsula.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Well, the deal is. You claim that you've learned groin shots and the like at your school as if it were exclusive to your style, however, at my dojo, we learned the same techs as well as self defence techs for street fights (which I've still to actually use). Deal is, acting like illegal techs make a better style is about as internet tough guy as you can get. The first thing you're taught in MA is to keep your head down and avoid fights. Not to waltz around like some badass looking for a fight. In the 10 years I've been doing MA, I've still to get into a street fight. And I went through my tough guy period as well, but the deal is, people will generally back down when they come across a dude who looks like he can kick their ***. Likewise, anything can happen in a fight, if you want real protection, get a gun, and this is coming from a guy who thinks guns should be outlawed in the US like they are in the rest of the civilized world. You wanna fight, you should compete, in which case, learning to round out your style is key. The 'tires' analogy doesn't apply to MA because in racing you are dependant on a machine. In MA, you are wholly dependant on your own training. There are no styles inherently better than others. All that matters is how skilled the fighter is at fighting. That is achieved only through training. The style doesn't matter. The only reason MT and BJJ dominate MMA is because the rules are geared to favor those styles. If nerve strikes and pinches were allowed you'd see a WHOLE less grappling and by default a whole less MT. But then MMA wouldn't be too different from Kickboxing. I do agree that finding a good TKD dojo is hard, but to diss the style because it's become a quick profit is pretty ignorant. You can have the flashy side to the style with really cool looking useless aerial techs, but you can have the more practical, combat oriented part of the style. Once again, check out the two names I mentioned previously.
I was pointing out the differences in our philosophy about Martial Arts. I don't seek to be a tough guy nor do I think Illegal techs are exclusive to my school. I was not taught to keep my head down and avoid fights, this DOES NOT mean I seek for fights, but rather I seek to diffuse situations and gain amicable settlements with Martial Arts being the last resort, but I will not walk away if the principles I stand for are being violated (being tough is not one of them) as my philosophy demands an uncompromising morality and courage (hurting people is a tricky thing without deep rooted morals, me being a Catholic and all), I must be the best prepared for when those situations arise, as I am not interested in intimidating people or 'looking' like I can kick people's asses my style serves me handsomely.
I own a gun (in crummy Illinois, stupid Illinois), I train Martial Arts for those situations where it would not be wise to use a gun even if I were a good shot and were using hollow points, I'm not usually in the business of killing men, but when killing must be done to protect the innocent I will not hesitate to use it, and I hope my own discretion will be wise enough to determine those times, and finally God forbid that time must come.
Certain schools and arts are more oriented to this regard, trying to establish my own credibility would likely just result in a pissing contest or something like that (I drink lots of water), and in my estimation the average Taekwondo schools are an inferior means of practice for the ends I am trying to achieve. Not, of course, that I couldn't achieve my ends through TKD or other styles, it is just a more difficult and worse means, and as you said training trumps all, but when the techniques I focus on are not toward my ends I regard a martial arts as inferior in that aspect. And the teacher thing we still agree on, if I could find a good TKD teacher I would likely learn from them.

Oh and you misunderstood my 'tires' analogy, I was referring to the old thread on here called "Tires Don Exits" (sic) which is a misspelling of "Tiers Don't Exist".

Humans are the best animal :3

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Smash 4 only 5 weeks away now......

If the trailer is the sandwich, this thread is the delicious mustard on the bread. :troll:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I was told that the storm before E3 would come from outside. But I see the storm brewing up here and now. :rolleyes:

D

Deleted member

I was pointing out the differences in our philosophy about Martial Arts. I don't seek to be a tough guy nor do I think Illegal techs are exclusive to my school. I was not taught to keep my head down and avoid fights, this DOES NOT mean I seek for fights, but rather I seek to diffuse situations and gain amicable settlements with Martial Arts being the last resort, but I will not walk away if the principles I stand for are being violated (being tough is not one of them) as my philosophy demands an uncompromising morality and courage (hurting people is a tricky thing without deep rooted morals, me being a Catholic and all), I must be the best prepared for when those situations arise, as I am not interested in intimidating people or 'looking' like I can kick people's ***** my style serves me handsomely.
I own a gun (in crummy Illinois, stupid Illinois), I train Martial Arts for those situations where it would not be wise to use a gun even if I were a good shot and were using hollow points, I'm not usually in the business of killing men, but when killing must be done to protect the innocent I will not hesitate to use it, and I hope my own discretion will be wise enough to determine those times, and finally God forbid that time must come.
Certain schools and arts are more oriented to this regard, trying to establish my own credibility would likely just result in a pissing contest or something like that (I drink lots of water), and in my estimation the average Taekwondo schools are an inferior means of practice for the ends I am trying to achieve. Not, of course, that I couldn't achieve my ends through TKD or other styles, it is just a more difficult and worse means, and as you said training trumps all, but when the techniques I focus on are not toward my ends I regard a martial arts as inferior in that aspect. And the teacher thing we still agree on, if I could find a good TKD teacher I would likely learn from them.

Oh and you misunderstood my 'tires' analogy, I was referring to the old thread on here called "Tires Don Exits" (sic) which is a misspelling of "Tiers Don't Exist".

Humans are the best animal :3
I dunno dude. I dunno what we're arguing about anymore.

So I guess I'll just compare our philosophies.

I don't pretend to be some sort of hero. I don't try to heroically protect the innocent or anything like that. I live by myself and only seek to protect myself. 3 years of living in a capital have made me a much more jaded individual than I used to be, you see people suffer here all the time, being powerless to help them. I'm cunning enough to know how to avoid danger. Though, if in a dire situation or if pushed to my limits I WILL fight. But that's never cropped up. I always laugh when I'm rapidly approached at night by some idiot at night asking for directions or w/e. Some have outright backed out saying they didn't mean trouble. It's just my reflexes. I guess I give a mean glare when I feel threatened.

Though I was raised a Catholic, I don't follow the religion's moral code. I still believe in God and Christ, but I make my own decisions in what's right and wrong. I dunno how I would handle killing a guy, I don't think my psyche would ultimately take it though, I ain't gonna lie. But I certainly know HOW to kill a man with my bare hands. I think I'd just go for limb breaking though.

My reason for training MA isn't for self defense, or to fight, it's just plain and simple because I like it. Training MA makes me feel like the childhood manga heroes I admire, and it clears my mind making me feel strong and healthy, it motivates me to lead a rightgeous life and to do the right thing. That's all. I know that I'm too old at 23 to seriously compete. I know that there's a limit to how far you can go, and honestly, at this point competeing in MA would take away what I like about it. It's more a personal thing to me. I'm strong, fast and flexible enough to defend myself. After 10 years of training all of the movements feel natural to me. I can go months without training and pick it back up and all of the kicks and techs still feel as normal as writing with my dominant hand, and to me, really, that's all that matters.

D

Deleted member

**** off casual scum ****** piece of **** no life autistic weeaboo **** face.

LE /v/ CULTURE FTW!
Lel, muh sekrut club rait gaiz!!!

We R anonimus, we do nut 4give, we do nut 4get.

GET!!
AWW Snap DOUBLES!!

Check Em'

Acutally, I'm very annoyed by how elitist 4chan can be at times. Especially /a/ and their hate of "normalfaggotry" if you aren't a complete loser then you don't belong there according to some users.

EDIT:

Ho-snap! I DID get doubles.
Check Em'

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Smash 4 only 5 weeks away now......

If the trailer is the sandwich, this thread is the delicious mustard on the bread. :troll:
If i understand correctly we are exactly 1 month away from Nintendo's 1st E3 Directs.
Some one needs to get a count down timer for this site!

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
I dunno dude. I dunno what we're arguing about anymore.

So I guess I'll just compare our philosophies.

I don't pretend to be some sort of hero. I don't try to heroically protect the innocent or anything like that. I live by myself and only seek to protect myself. 3 years of living in a capital have made me a much more jaded individual than I used to be, you see people suffer here all the time, being powerless to help them. I'm cunning enough to know how to avoid danger. Though, if in a dire situation or if pushed to my limits I WILL fight. But that's never cropped up. I always laugh when I'm rapidly approached at night by some idiot at night asking for directions or w/e. Some have outright backed out saying they didn't mean trouble. It's just my reflexes. I guess I give a mean glare when I feel threatened.

Though I was raised a Catholic, I don't follow the religion's moral code. I still believe in God and Christ, but I make my own decisions in what's right and wrong. I dunno how I would handle killing a guy, I don't think my psyche would ultimately take it though, I ain't gonna lie. But I certainly know HOW to kill a man with my bare hands. I think I'd just go for limb breaking though.

My reason for training MA isn't for self defense, or to fight, it's just plain and simple because I like it. Training MA makes me feel like the childhood manga heroes I admire, and it clears my mind making me feel strong and healthy, it motivates me to lead a rightgeous life and to do the right thing. That's all. I know that I'm too old at 23 to seriously compete. I know that there's a limit to how far you can go, and honestly, at this point competeing in MA would take away what I like about it. It's more a personal thing to me. I'm strong, fast and flexible enough to defend myself. After 10 years of training all of the movements feel natural to me. I can go months without training and pick it back up and all of the kicks and techs still feel as normal as writing with my dominant hand, and to me, really, that's all that matters.
Yeah, neither do I. I'm glad you are satisfied with your MA experience and continue to grow and find enjoyment. God bless you, sir.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
God bless us, every one
Amen.
I am actually genuinely trying to say stuff like that as my greetings and good-byes now, all the 'hello' and 'see you' and that sort seems tired, it makes me feel icky sometimes.
It's very difficult and sometimes awkward, especially when speaking to people who don't believe, I usually with everyone just say hi and stuff, but if we could all greet each other this way it would be grand.
Like "The Lord bless you and keep you," or some random psalms stuff as a goodbye, it just sounds and feels to me more genuine, and I mean what I say, or at least try to.

Edit:
Bleh, first thing that came to mind
:(

SUPER EDIT: BUT REALLY, IF ALL MEN WERE BROTHERS (SCREW POLITICALLY CORRECT LANGUAGE) IN CHRIST THERE WOULD BE NO STRIFE IN THE WORLD, RIGHT? YOU CAN'T SAY THE SAME THING ABOUT UH ANYTHING ELSE EVER, RIGHT?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It sounded facetious when I posted it, so I edited it out

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
But amen means "so be it", if I understand correctly. That doesn't sound like much of a greeting or something to say in parting either. In some circumstances it might make sense as a goodbye, like if someone says, "Alright, well I'll see you later," so you then say, "Amen (so be it)," but even then its nuance seems a bit out of place (to me personally) and also sounds rather non-committal. Even just saying "So be it," would sound plain better (again, to me personally) in that scenario. All the more reason not to use amen as such because there are those separate from the belief system tied to that word to begin with.

SO BE IT!

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
BUT REALLY, IF ALL MEN WERE BROTHERS (SCREW POLITICALLY CORRECT LANGUAGE) IN CHRIST THERE WOULD BE NO STRIFE IN THE WORLD, RIGHT? YOU CAN'T SAY THE SAME THING ABOUT UH ANYTHING ELSE EVER, RIGHT?
Nope, we'd still be ********. So regardless, PICK A GOD AND PRAY!

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
But amen means "so be it", if I understand correctly. That doesn't sound like much of a greeting or something to say in parting either. In some circumstances it might make sense as a goodbye, like if someone says, "Alright, well I'll see you later," so you then say, "Amen (so be it)," but even then its nuance seems a bit out of place (to me personally) and also sounds rather non-committal. Even just saying "So be it," would sound plain better (again, to me personally) in that scenario. All the more reason not to use amen as such because there are those separate from the belief system tied to that word to begin with.
SO BE IT!
The translation depends upon the context, Amen is also frequently understood as a Hebrew interjection indicating agreement of truth and reliability, in my context it was confirming the truth and reliability of his statement, that He will indeed bless us all if the prayer is done in any but the last degrees of prayer. I also imagine "So be it," is less pretentious in Hebrew and in this context :p.
Nope, we'd still be *****ing. So regardless, PICK A GOD AND PRAY!
OH JEEZE CHROM I'M SORRY PLEASE DON'T CRIT ME *flees at top speed*.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Yeah, you can't say that about being "brothers" in Christ. In fact, only through imaging a futuristic society with major advancements in technology and drugs could I imagine such a utopia potentially being possible in theory.

As for amen: Yeah, that's what I meant as well. "So be it" is an affirmation of being aligned or accepting of what has been said. It still sounds unfitting as words to part with. It being said after prayers or after someone says something you agree with or even facing a situation that you are accepting are all scenarios where its definition fits with its usage.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Yeah, you can't say that about being "brothers" in Christ. In fact, only through imaging a futuristic society with major advancements in technology and drugs could I imagine such a utopia potentially being possible in theory.
An Anarcho-Communist Technocrat, are we?
Economic Calculation in the Socialist Commonwealth is a good essay, you should read it sometime, like, five times, because essays are hard to understand, I have read it twice and still don't fully grasp every argument two weeks after I've read it.
You say such things with such strong faith.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I honestly have no idea what you are talking about. I just mean that strife will be a thing unless humans don't have to compete for needs and that the human mind is altered so as to not allow such conduct, which such drugs having been discussed in theory in an episode of "Through the Wormhole" that I watched a long time ago. And considering being "brothers" in Christ doesn't say much about the state of the world or the state of the ego, strife still seems like a strong possibility. Especially considering how the "brothers" we have in our world don't lack strife amongst one another now. As for your last statement, I'm lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom