• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Feel blessed that most users here are more informed on this subject than other sites. MAN this guy is getting mad at me over at Wiichat because I just know infinately more about Smash than him, and I'm proving his points wrong. He also is piss poor at debate, so I'm showing him how moot most of his points are.

It's so frustrating. BUT, I'm in charge of a group roster over there, so Im having fun for the most part. I've been thinking of doing a group roster for this site as well. Dunno if Im up for that challenge though

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
You didn't tell them about Tingle and Hitler debate.
The guy pretty much says Tingle is popular like Hitler is popular. And I responded saying, no, Hitler isn't popular, just well known. (There is a large LARGE difference between these two things) Tingle is actually popular. (Or has a noticable fanbase at least, which he was completely denying) I showed him poll results, and he said "These numbers mean nothing and Tingles hate base ruins his chances.". I then responded with how Tingle, Waluigi, and Krystal all have slightly more noticable roles (ATs and Codec voice acting) than other characters in Smash, so if Sakurai really saw hate bases as such an awful thing, they wouldn't have appeared in such a way. And I would like to note he had this huge spiel about how Rosalina is the next most likely Mario caracter because of how popular SMG is (and that she's a female). He also, despite being told otherwise by multiple users listing off how many games / appearences Bowser Junior has made, considered Bowser Junior unimportant. Yet somehow Rosalina is.

Iunno, now he's mad because he feels like I'm not listening to him, and just not agreeing to not agree. It's like, *****, no you're just ****ing dumb.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Tingle vs Hitler debates? I don't like where this is going.

So I'll do this:

You can now continue as you please. :)

Have a great day.

D

Deleted member

One rule of the Internet is that if they bring up anything Nazi related in debates that clearly shouldn't reference them, they've automatically lost the debate.
Shortiecanbrawl said:
Feel blessed that most users here are more informed on this subject than other sites. MAN this guy is getting mad at me over at Wiichat because I just know infinately more about Smash than him, and I'm proving his points wrong. He also is piss poor at debate, so I'm showing him how moot most of his points are.

It's so frustrating. BUT, I'm in charge of a group roster over there, so Im having fun for the most part. I've been thinking of doing a group roster for this site as well. Dunno if Im up for that challenge though
Smashboards is undoubtedly the best place to discuss Smash, although NeoGAFs isn't too horrible about it (but most of them have outlandishly unrealistic expectations whenever that is too many characters or cutting way too many characters) since I feel slightly more involved to get into discussion in regards to non-character related things.

As for a group roster, that'd be pretty fun to have. Curious to see how it would turn out if a small number of people here decided the roster.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I was watching GAME GRUMPS and Jon mentioned how he remembers the day he learned about Hitler.

Like that's not really something most people can recall, but that really should be a profound thing to remember.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
I was watching GAME GRUMPS and Jon mentioned how he remembers the day he learned about Hitler.

Like that's not really something most people can recall, but that really should be a profound thing to remember.
We're really scratching the bottom of the barrel here.
I don't remember it sadly.

D

Deleted member

Already liked it. I know I'm going to hell for that, but at least the trip will be fun.
You kidding? I liked the **** out of it!

911 jokes are hilarious, if anything to piss off the hypocrites who still pretend to mourn over it.

2000 people die in a "terrorist attack" and it is the greatest tragedy of modern times.

Tens of thousands of innocent civilans die in a war campaigned because a bunch of yahoos with diapers on their head allegedly had WMDs and nobody gives a ****.

The only people with any right to still mourn are the people directly affected by it, in other words, those living in Lower Manhattan and those with family who worked in the WTC. Considering that only 2000 died, I doubt a nation of 300,000,000 was wounded by it.

It's Pearl Harbour all over again man.

D

Deleted member

Jon says a lot of stupid **** on GG. Like, a lot.

I remember he once badmouthed Blazblue or SF and proceeded to call Nurutu one of the best fighters ever or something... I lost my **** at that.

Anyway, at least Jon doesn't completely suck eggs at vidya like Arin does. And speaking of GG, you guys ever hear this remix some dude made? It's a damn fine song:

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Everytime Jon says he's good at a game, you can pretty much be sure he sucks though.
"Soul Calibur II is one of the fighting games I play better at" ---> SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM "Lol told ya I was good"

volbound1700

Smash Master
You kidding? I liked the **** out of it!

911 jokes are hilarious, if anything to piss off the hypocrites who still pretend to mourn over it.

2000 people die in a "terrorist attack" and it is the greatest tragedy of modern times.

Tens of thousands of innocent civilans die in a war campaigned because a bunch of yahoos with diapers on their head allegedly had WMDs and nobody gives a ****.

The only people with any right to still mourn are the people directly affected by it, in other words, those living in Lower Manhattan and those with family who worked in the WTC. Considering that only 2000 died, I doubt a nation of 300,000,000 was wounded by it.

It's Pearl Harbour all over again man.

Hey, your people are the one that talked. Spain pretty much annihilated any Muslims in their country in the 1500s. Probably a better place because of it though.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Hey, your people are the one that talked. Spain pretty much annihilated any Muslims in their country in the 1500s. Probably a better place because of it though.
My country was no different. In fact, a good part of medieval Europe was no different.

It's what I've said before. I have enough knowledge of History to know what I'm talking about.

All these terrorist attacks is nothing more than History repeating itself. The Christian Crusades against the Muslims and Jews of the past were no different than the Muslim terrorists of today. The principle is the same: eradicate people who don't fit their extreme religious ideologies.

D

Deleted member

Spain is no better.

This place is full of hypocritcal morons as well.

volbound1700

Smash Master
My country was no different. In fact, a good part of medieval Europe was no different.

It's what I've said before. I have enough knowledge of History to know what I'm talking about.

All these terrorist attacks is nothing more than History repeating itself. The Christian Crusades against the Muslims and Jews of the past were no different than the Muslim terrorists of today. The principle is the same: eradicate people who don't fit their extreme religious ideologies.
Actually the Crusades were sent to help Byzantine (and an attempt by the Catholic church to stop violence in Europe by sending the professional soldiers on quests far away).

You have to remember that before Muhammad in 600 A.D., most of the Middle East was Christian and many of those minorities still exist today (the Assyrians and Copts for example). Funny you hear the Western media whine about Palestine but you here nothing about other oppressed minorities in the Middle East: Assyrians, Zorastrians, Copts, Amaeans, Greeks in Cyprus, Phoenicians, etc.

Ironically most Muslims came from Arabia so these minorities like the Assyrians and Chaldeans in Iraq are actually the original rulers of that land.

Spain and Portugal were likely justified by their moves because the Arabs brutally occupied them in the 700s overthrowing the Visigoths. The Arabs would have also taken the Franks if not for the Battle of Tours.

The Crusades were simply counter-attacks against Islam since Islam really started the wars by occupying Syria and Egypt in 650 A.D., North Africa and Spain around 700 A.D. and attempting to take Constantinople and Rome in the 800s A.D. They even owned Sicily for a while and raided the coastlines. Funny, how all that history is forgotten/left-out in the media.

volbound1700

Smash Master
Spain is no better.

This place is full of hypocritcal morons as well.

At least you are not killing each other in the name of Allah. At least women have freedom to choose who they marry. At least you guys have the freedom to choose your religion and are not have Churches or Temples bombed.

Asked an Assyrian Christian in Iraq or Copt in Egypt how blessed you guys are. So your economy sucks, that is your fault, get out and do something about it. I had to take a job not in my field but I excelled at it and have pulled myself out of student debt, etc.

I am tired of my generation whining about everything and not doing something about it. You have a vote, you have freedoms, use them.

Also if things get bad enough in Spain, you have almost an entire continent that still needs development and has plenty of opportunity in South America. They have descendants of Spanish people that came there to make a better life just like my descendants left Europe for USA (or part, I do have Native American in me as well) to make a better life for themselves.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Also if things get bad enough in Spain, you have almost an entire continent that still needs development and has plenty of opportunity in South America. They have descendants of Spanish people that came there to make a better life just like my descendants left Europe for USA (or part, I do have Native American in me as well) to make a better life for themselves.
And what about the native populations? You know? The ones that were already there and were screwed over by the Spanish and the effects are still there today.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I often chill with this older co-worker from Australia, who was a former Hitler fan. He's like 55 and I smoke and drink with him, but he always keeps telling how much sorry he is for his old ways. He even downrightly asks me if I forgive him, as he knows I have Jewish blood in me. He also mentoined he became a Nazi supporter cause of all the voilence in Australia at that time. He said travelling changed him A LOT. He's been everywhere on this globe I think, and even met tribes who never seen a white man before. He's also good friends with a good friend of mine (since before I met him), who I consider an older brother, and he's half black. Just goes to show how people can change.

volbound1700

Smash Master
I often chill with this older co-worker from Australia, who was a former Hitler fan. He's like 55 and I smoke and drink with him, but he always keeps telling how much sorry he is for his old ways. He even downrightly asks me if I forgive him, as he knows I have Jewish blood in me. He also mentoined he became a Nazi supporter cause of all the voilence in Australia at that time. He said travelling changed him A LOT. He's been everywhere on this globe I think, and even met tribes who never seen a white man before. He's also good friends with a good friend of mine (since before I met him), who I consider an older brother, and he's half black. Just goes to show how people can change.
I keep hoping perhaps in Syria people would wake up and say, what is this really about and just stop living their life that way. However, this seems unlikely. I think all around the world people are getting more aggressive actually. World War II kind of tired most of the world of war but the distance is becoming so great now that people have forgotten it.

volbound1700

Smash Master
And what about the native populations? You know? The ones that were already there and were screwed over by the Spanish and the effects are still there today.
You do know that disease killed of most the native population? Granted, it was horrible how they were treated, even the Cherokee of whom I have descendants tried to do everything to fit with US culture and the US government still kicked them off their land and forced them to go to Oklahoma.

The fact is the whole world has bloody history, most of the nations today were taken from other people. (Angle-Saxons killed native Celts to take England, Franks invaded and took France from Visigoths, Romans, Gauls, Russia took many natives to form their Empire, Han Chinese wiped out minorities to form Shang China and eventually modern China, Arabs mostly came out of Saudi Arabia but now dominate lands stretching from Morocco to India that they conquered and wiped out locals, Turks came from Central Asia but stole modern Turkey mostly from Greeks and other locals, etc.)

volbound1700

Smash Master
Also not to mention the civilizations in America pre-Columbus were doing the same thing. The Aztecs were killing off all the other civilizations in Mexico and sacrificing their people to the gods. Cortes' ranks were doubled almost by Native Americans siding with the Spanish and after the defeat of the Aztecs, other tribes continued to help the Spanish and work with them for centuries to control the area.

The Huron murdered most of the tribes in Canada to take their land and start a fur trade with the French.

The Incas conquered and annihilated people in South America to control Peru and these slaves once again helped the Spanish when they arrived. Spanish conquistadores were often outnumber 1000 to 1 by native armies but had a lot of help from other natives joining them.

Basically the world was just brutal before the modern age and weaker nations/people were often gobbled up by stronger nations. This was not limited to one culture or region, it was universal.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
Dunno if anyone has read the Kite Runner but there are a couple of chapters where the Muslim fundamentalist and jihadist mentality are explored and broken down. It's very interesting to see how in a year or two Islamic fundamentalism quickly became a thing due to foreign interventions and political turmoil in the region.

Islamic occupation of Europe wasn't all bad. Improvements to medicine, astronomy, metalworking, mathematical concepts and architecture were definitely beneficial to the Europeans development. Not to mention incoming new merchandise, philosophies and art that also helped shape European culture.

He said travelling changed him A LOT. He's been everywhere on this globe I think, and even met tribes who never seen a white man before.
Yeah travel really gives you perspective on so many things. It's humbling really.

volbound1700

Smash Master
Dunno if anyone has read the Kite Runner but there are a couple of chapters where the Muslim fundamentalist and jihadist mentality are explored and broken down. It's very interesting to see how in a year or two Islamic fundamentalism quickly became a thing due to foreign interventions and political turmoil in the region.

Islamic occupation of Europe wasn't all bad. Improvements to medicine, astronomy, metalworking, mathematical concepts and architecture were definitely beneficial to the Europeans development. Not to mention incoming new merchandise, philosophies and art that also helped shape European culture.

Yeah travel really gives you perspective on so many things. It's humbling really.
Agreed that Arabs did have some great scientifict achievements, especially at Cordova. Also I have read Kite Runner great book.

Granted, but Europe was in poor shape at the time. Still most the advancements in the West came out of Byzantium in the middle ages and their influence is still underplayed in modern society outside of the historical community. I feel Western society is down on itself too much, always felt that way. Look at the achievements the Brits, Spanish, French, Italians, Americans, Russians, Germans, Greeks, Dutch, Portugese, etc. have combined. You should be proud of your history as Arabs, Chinese, etc. Don't let the "you did bad things" mentality take over. Read about the past generations of your people, they had many good qualities about them as well.

Also the Catholic church takes too much heat for their history. Granted they did bad things but usually it was the so-called Catholic Monarchy and army and not the actual church behind it. Jews and other minorities often fled to monasteries for safety during crazy times. Catholic monks preserved writings from Greeks, Romans, etc. I had a Professor that graduated from Oxford and Cal-Berkeley and she described how sophisticaed Europeans were in Middle Ages and the Church and how their is a lot of wrong rumors about them (for example they were very into cleaniness and took bathes often).

Sorry guys, I get on here to not talk about politics :).

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Wow, I stare in amazement as we delve farther and farther into off-topic discussions. :laugh:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
We may end up going so off topic we won't even notice that Smash 4 was announced with a trailer and all. Because were too busy talking about politics and religion or whatever...

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Politics, Religion, History, Philosophy, Nowi, lolis, Fire Emblem, fanservice, food, previous forum experiences...

Is there something we HAVEN'T discussed about? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom