• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Is Halo Anniversary edition any good?

I got it for someone for Christmas but I have never had it myself.

Does it have all the Halo maps remade in it? Or not...

There are some multiplayer maps I'd like to play again
Anniversary Edition is pretty good. The campaign plays pretty much exactly like the original but with skulls to alter gameplay. Multiplayer is just a Reach map pack.
Not all the maps return, most are from Halo CE, some are from Halo PC and I think one might be from Halo 2. There is an extra slayer type where it removes armour abilities and gives the pistol its power from Halo CE.

Here are the maps in Anniversary Edition: http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Anniversary_map_pack

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Anniversary Edition is pretty good. The campaign plays pretty much exactly like the original but with skulls to alter gameplay. Multiplayer is just a Reach map pack.
Not all the maps return, most are from Halo CE, some are from Halo PC and I think one might be from Halo 2. There is an extra slayer type where it removes armour abilities and gives the pistol its power from Halo CE.

Here are the maps in Anniversary Edition: http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Anniversary_map_pack
I'm a little disappointed.

They didn't remake any of my favorite Halo maps

Edit: Sidewinder and Boarding action

Last edited:

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
The way I see it, the gaming industry is pretty lackluster at the moment. The new consoles don't have anything incredibly "wow", all the anticipated releases are getting delayed and most games turn out to be rehashes of previous ones with better graphics/online. I can only think of a few games most people are truly hyped about (Watchdogs, Titanfall, SSB4) and even then we don't know what to really expect. Unfortunately, at this day and age, the most bs games seem to become financial hits while the real masterpieces slip by the radar unnoticed and suffer from poor sales despite huge critical acclaim. That's just my two cents on the matter.

As for Nintendo, I'm not expecting the Wii U to become a huge success like the Wii at some point in the future. At most, it will be decently profitable. At worst, it will move about the same amount of units as the GC. Their upcoming lineup will sell a few more consoles, but I doubt any of them will actually become a system-seller. Even SSB Wii U seems like it won't be the savior everyone expects it to be. Nintendo really need to get their **** together soon or they will suffer even more losses.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
In other news. Apparently, Lex Luthor is joining the Justice League in April. Which is....weird to say the least. I wonder if they are actually trying to redeem him. Or that they are going for the obvious betrayal story.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
In other news. Apparently, Lex Luthor is joining the Justice League in April. Which is....weird to say the least. I wonder if they are actually trying to redeem him. Or that they are going for the obvious betrayal story.
Betrayal Story.

PERIOD

Edit: I hate DC Comic canon anyway

Reznor

work in progress
Betrayal Story.

PERIOD

it can get annoying that's why I usually just stay with 1 or 2 DCU comics (Vertigo is way better)
it would be kinda cool if he wasn't going betray every one being a Super hero having to hide his hate for Supes

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Betrayal Story.

PERIOD

Really, why exactly? Is it because of all the re-boots DC does? I know I'm mostly more of a Marvel guy. Mostly because of Spider-Man and X-Men. And the Amazing Spider-Man series is coming back in April, so I'm more than happy about that. But I imagine, that for a while some gimmick would be throw in. Which is par for the course whenever a series is brought back.

Funny thing is, Flash and Superman just up and leave the JL when Luthor shows up. It's like they already know some BS is going down.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Really, why exactly? Is it because of all the re-boots DC does? I know I'm mostly more of a Marvel guy. Mostly because of Spider-Man and X-Men. And the Amazing Spider-Man series is coming back in April, so I'm more than happy about that. But I imagine, that for a while some gimmick would be throw in. Which is par for the course whenever a series is brought back.

Funny thing is, Flash and Superman just up and leave the JL when Luthor shows up. It's like they already know some BS is going down.
I don't like them killing character pointlessly and retconning characters

Both Marvel AND DC do it too much

Seriously, bringing back a character not used in 20 years just to have them die to show how dramatic something is

Edit: TBH, I kind of hate when the super heroes have connecting universes AT ALL.

Too much BS drama

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I don't like them killing character pointlessly and retconning characters

Both Marvel AND DC do it too much
Yeah. True enough. It can get annoying when you know someone is coming back in a year or so. And then they get replaced by, usually, an inferior replacement. It just makes you want to avoid reading that character's book. Which is what I tend to do. As far as I'm concerned, it only really, really worked with Rick Grayson as Batman. For a number of reasons. Unless you count futuristic stuff like Miguel O'Hara as Spider-Man 2099. Those can work too, if only for the change in setting as well as the character. It makes the replacement much less cheap. To me that is.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
In other news

I wished I bought this because it's SEXY!!!

Instead I bought the original version

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Apex too hype for Smashboards to handle.

And dear lord, NL was worse than I remembered.

Edit: I think Amsa might be one of my favourite smashers to watch. Dat Yoshi :love:

Last edited:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
So I was sick yesterday. I had to listen to a bunch of nurses/doctors ask me the same questions. Then when I was about to be allowed to leave, I suddenly got a fever so they sent me to another hospital for more nurses/doctors to ask the same questions. Spent 12 hours in total at those hospitals.

When I came home, smashboards apparently became crashboards again.

As for the wii u discussion, I think Nintendo is going to do fine. As long as the 3ds remains strong the wii u will have a lot of time to make decent sales.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
You know what's strange?

In the 2014 Godzilla movie, they increased Godzilla's size to 150 meters because they think buildings being larger than him would be less intimidating

Yet the original American Godzilla and the Cloverfield Monster are barely 1/3 that size and where in their own monster movies

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004

PikaJew

Banned via Warnings
So which characters and new items are you expecting to be in Mario Kart 8?

24 characters were in Wii (25 included Mii)

I expect a lot. Especially with Mario Kart 7 introducing the new classes.

Feather
Baby Mario
Baby Luigi
Baby Peach
Baby Daisy
Koopa Troopa
Dry Bones
Lakitu
Paratroopa returning

Light
Toad
Toadette
Diddy Kong
Dixie Kong new
Bowser Jr.
Magikoopa new
Shy Guy
Monty Mole new

Medium
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Daisy
Yoshi
Birdo
Hammer Bro new
Boom Boom new

Cruiser
Wario
Waluigi
Donkey Kong
Funky Kong
Rosalina
Lubba new
Wiggler
Kremlin new

Heavy
Bowser
Dry Bowser
Honey Queen
Petey Piranha returning
King Boo
Metal Mario
R.O.B. returning
King K. Rool new

this makes a total of 40 characters...

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
For the Nintendo discussion. Nintendo ain't going anywhere. They have billions of dollars in their bank account and billions more in real estate. There is one dumb*** "analysist" who believes that Nintendo should dump the Wii U, and put Nintendo games on PS4 & X1 while they work on a new system. Is he ****ing ********?
Argh, not more of the "Wii U is a failure Nintendo should embrace Smartphones" bullcrap. I was really hoping the only time I would read such a thing would be on a thread here that got locked a while ago.

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
For the Nintendo discussion. Nintendo ain't going anywhere. They have billions of dollars in their bank account and billions more in real estate. There is one dumb*** "analysist" who believes that Nintendo should dump the Wii U, and put Nintendo games on PS4 & X1 while they work on a new system. Is he ****ing ********?
Yeah, I saw a Youtube video of some dude bashing that guy. Sounds like the dumbest move anyone can make.

Besides screwing over all those people who bought a Wii U (myself included), they'd basically be throwing money away. It's a lot better if they just brave it out and bring on the amazing exclusives.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Argh, not more of the "Wii U is a failure Nintendo should embrace Smartphones" bullcrap. I was really hoping the only time I would read such a thing would be on a thread here that got locked a while ago.
Well, they don't have to get rid of the wii u, but I don't see the problem with releasing old NES and SNES games on smartphones

I have a regular phone - not a smart phone - and I play Final Fantasy 1 and 2 on it

Just as long as they don't start releasing crap like SE is doing with smartphones

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
The Wii-U Gamepad is the reason my friends like Rayman Legends, Netflix and Super Mario 3D World. The Gamepad is a whole new option.
Interesting that it made 'em like Netflix of all things, but yeah. I'll agree to that much about the new possibilities the Wii U gamepad opens up.

Not sure if that's better or worse than the doomsayers who say Nintendo will inevitably go 3rd party despite what you pointed out about the amount of money they have in their bank and real estate.

Still, yeah. Pretty dumb.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
No. :sadeyes: Had take my mom to Costco...
and I'm sure I missed quite a few matches Friday. Asma is so hype to watch.
That sucks dude.

I watched the TeamSp00ky stream on and off yesterday, but I managed to catch his match with Green Ranger (who was using DK btw) and Chu Dat (ICs). He's pretty hype.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
Finally, Smashboards is back up for me!

Anyways, shoutout to Armada and his Pit beating Mew2King in project M. :awesome:That stream was hype! Front page of Twitch with 18K viewers.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
That sucks dude.

I watched the TeamSp00ky stream on and off yesterday, but I managed to catch his match with Green Ranger (who was using DK btw) and Chu Dat (ICs). He's pretty hype.
Yeah... it does all i can hope is that some vids find their way onto Youtube
Awww Man! It's always nice seeing a DK fight!

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

Feather
Baby Mario
Baby Luigi
Baby Peach
Baby Daisy
Koopa Troopa
Dry Bones
Lakitu
Paratroopa returning

Light
Toad
Toadette
Diddy Kong
Dixie Kong new
Bowser Jr.
Magikoopa new
Shy Guy
Monty Mole new

Medium
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Daisy
Yoshi
Birdo
Hammer Bro new
Boom Boom new

Cruiser
Wario
Waluigi
Donkey Kong
Funky Kong
Rosalina
Lubba new
Wiggler
Kremlin new

Heavy
Bowser
Dry Bowser
Honey Queen
Petey Piranha returning
King Boo
Metal Mario
R.O.B. returning
King K. Rool new

I would like to time travel and drop kick the guy who thought that baby Daisy was a good idea in the back. Why do such characters exist? To be honest, outside of a few Donkey Kong characters, I wouldn't really care about the roster of Mario Kart anymore. We already got most of the good characters in MK8 trailers alone. Though I would use Petey Piranha again.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Ugh, I hate Baby Daisy. In Mario spin-offs I'm not exactly fond of any of the baby versions of characters, but I really dislike Baby Daisy. I mean, did there really need to be a baby version of Daisy just to go with the other character's baby versions? I highly doubt they'll even use her again anytime soon. (And I hope I'm right.)

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806

Feather
Baby Mario
Baby Luigi
Baby Peach
Baby Daisy
Koopa Troopa
Dry Bones
Lakitu
Paratroopa returning

Light
Toad
Toadette
Diddy Kong
Dixie Kong new
Bowser Jr.
Magikoopa new
Shy Guy
Monty Mole new

Medium
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Daisy
Yoshi
Birdo
Hammer Bro new
Boom Boom new

Cruiser
Wario
Waluigi
Donkey Kong
Funky Kong
Rosalina
Lubba new
Wiggler
Kremlin new

Heavy
Bowser
Dry Bowser
Honey Queen
Petey Piranha returning
King Boo
Metal Mario
R.O.B. returning
King K. Rool new

I would like to play as a Penguin

Although I'm expecting to see Nabbit

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Ugh, I hate Baby Daisy. In Mario spin-offs I'm not exactly fond of any of the baby versions of characters, but I really dislike Baby Daisy. I mean, did there really need to be a baby version of Daisy just to go with the other character's baby versions? I highly doubt they'll even use her again anytime soon. (And I hope I'm right.)
I'm pretty sure that the demon children are in Mario Kart 8 already. The only ones that made sense to me were Mario and Luigi's. Since they've shown up in a few games other than the Spin-offs.

so when do we get a Baby Rosalina for Mario Kart
After we get baby Diddy and baby Waluigi. What else would happen? Also Baby Birdo, since we might as well go all out on the unneeded infants.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom