• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Everyone's complaining about KH3 not being on Wii U

And I’m just here, still waiting for the Ys 4 remake to be ported to something other than the Vita.

(pls Falcom, why do you go where I can't follow? :crying:)

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Everyone's complaining about KH3 not being on Wii U

And I’m just here, still waiting for the Ys 4 remake to be ported to something other than the Vita.

(pls Falcom, why do you go where I can't follow? :crying:)
People still bought the Xbox One? Hm, thought they'd just stick with the 360.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Anyone know if the Japanese freak out as much as here everytime a Pyrosphere stage is shown?
I've been told no because the Japanese don't really care about Metroid for the most part. I don't think Ridley's even a blip on their radar compared to most characters. I'm told that Little Mac is another character that is overwhelmingly preferred by Western fans too.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I've been told no because the Japanese don't really care about Metroid for the most part. I don't think Ridley's even a blip on their radar compared to most characters. I'm told that Little Mac is another character that is overwhelmingly preferred by Western fans too.
Well then, who do they prefer? I've heard Shulk, and for some reason, Hatsune Miku.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Metroid has always been more popular in the west compared to Japan. I think the most I've heard is that many in Japan acknowledge the fact that Ridley is probbably the most wanted from western fans.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
If I'm correct, it's due to "MetroidVania" game being more popular in the West.
Heck, why do you think we get Zelda earlier?

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Not sure what the factor is but it's probably the reason why the Prime games were given to Retro Studios. Makes more sense for a western popular game to be developed by western developer. It's an interesting aspect in regards to how much different Japan is from NA in regards to that when you look at it as a whole.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Not sure what the factor is but it's probably the reason why the Prime games were given to Retro Studios. Makes more sense for a western popular game to be developed by western developer. It's an interesting aspect in regards to how much different Japan is from NA in regards to that when you look at it as a whole.
I forget, was the studio that made Other M Western or Eastern? Team Ninja, I think...

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I don't think your example counts, Dragon, as Metroid was equally popular prior to their involvement (Super Metroid being the last game that did exceptionally well in both markets), and you could say Metroid became more popular here because of Retro.

Last edited:

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
I don't think your example counts, Dragon, as Metroid was equally popular prior to their involvement (Super Metroid being the last game that did exceptionally well in both markets), and you could say Metroid becamemore popular here because of Retro.
Hmm prehaps I'm reading the wrong sources, but most things I've seen on Super Metroid suggests it sold poorly in Japan regardless of critical acclaim even from Japanese Publishers.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
By the way, anyone have accurate sales figures of the Wii U's holiday performance?

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I would be sad if Arendelle isn't' put into Kingdom Hearts 3.
Frozen seems like it would be great fit in Kingdom Hearts... personally, I would go nuts if they also included New Orleans, Corona, Game Central Station, and Duckburg. :awesome:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
It sold better than it did here (not counting Virtual Console rereleases). Metroid in general has always had a problem selling well, despite being critically acclaimed.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Ok what's up with page 1885. Every time I try to go on it Chrome ends up blocking it because of Malware. Like wtf.
"You asked me once, what was on Page 1885. I told you that you knew the answer already. Everyone knows it. The thing that is on Page 1885 is the worst thing in the world. "
:troll:

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
A lot of people on Miiverse think that today's pick of the day is saying Sakurai is implying that large characters like King K. Rool & Ridley are pretty much confirmed. Yes, Bowser, DK, & Dedede look somewhat larger than Mario compared to Brawl but I don't think this 100% confirms anything.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
A lot of people on Miiverse think that today's pick of the day is saying Sakurai is implying that large characters like King K. Rool & Ridley are pretty much confirmed. Yes, Bowser, DK, & Dedede look somewhat larger than Mario compared to Brawl but I don't think this 100% confirms anything.
It 100% confirms that Miiverse is bad for your health.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
I'm pretty sure it deconfirmed olimar

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
He's too big(headed)! :troll:
More like egg-headed.

Seriously, Olimar reminds me of Elmer Fudd's earlier and skinnier design, Egghead.

On a completely different note, Brawl has now officially become Mugen...Or rather it did at the beginning of the year and I somehow missed it.

---edited out---

Goddamn you PhantomWings you magnificent *******, you.

Last edited by a moderator:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Delete the link to that forum.

Google Chrome is blocking ANY pages that have that link

It says the place is filled with a known malware distributor

to post anything I have to go 3 pages back

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I don't think it says anything, tbh, other than, "These characters are now bigger". People tried saying Ashley being confirmed as an assist trophy confirms Wario being playable too. I'm sure he'll return, but Ashley does not confirm it. :rolleyes: Miiversians

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I don't think it says anything, tbh, other than, "These characters are now bigger". People tried saying Ashley confirmed as an assist trophy confirms Wario being playable too. I'm sure he'll return, but Ashley does not confirm it. :rolleyes: Miiversians
To be fair, they stand by their opinion of having Goku in.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Really? I would've thought people on there would say it actually deconfirms those two.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Even deleting the link to the forum, Google Chrome is still blocking this page

I was able to manually get through the block though

It said

"Danger: Malware Ahead!
Google Chrome has blocked access to this page on smashboards.com.
Content from forums. ***, a known malware distributor, has been inserted into this web page. Visiting this page now is very likely to infect your computer with malware.
Malware is malicious software that causes things like identity theft, financial loss, and permanent file deletion. Learn more"

Interestingly, it's censoring the name to the forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom