• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

You're talking to a guy who has these two songs as his personal themes. ¦D

Your disgust makes me **** long and my smile wide. ¦3

Especially since I'm just messing around cause I can. ¦) *shrugs*
Avenue Q was quite funny. It certainly struck a chord with my more misanthropic side...:smirk:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Nah, he should be last so everyone thinks he was cut like in Brawl

mimgrim

Smash Hero
So I downloaded the Bravely Default demo that was released on the Eshop earlier today, had to get my mom to take me to a McDonalds and wait a good while for it to download, but it was worth it. I haven't gotten to far in it yet, so far have completed like 2 quests and am working on number 3, but what I really want to do with the Demo is mess around with the available classes, but that's gonna take a lot of grinding, which I don't mind since I usually like grinding. The game is absolutely gorgeous imo. I currently have Edea as a Valkyrie, Tiz as a Swordmaster, Agnes as a Red Mage, and Ringabell as a Black Mage (in hindsight I should have made both Red Mages} with Edea as my over world character.

All in all I just can't wait for the full game to come out and to pick up the pre-order I made on it.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Nah, he should be last so everyone thinks he was cut like in Brawl
I'm interested in seeing C. Falcon in HD. For some reason I picture his suit with scales kinda like Captain America's.

P.S: Nice avatar, didn't know we could use gifs.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Avenue Q was quite funny. It certainly struck a chord with my more misanthropic side...:smirk:
See? At least somebody here gets the idea without being overly serious. ¦3

Oh, are we done with the sexy avy fad yet, by the way? ¦D

D

Deleted member

Probably the only thing that would make me "rage" would be cuts of Nintendo Brawl veterans, semi-clone Chrom/Lucina getting in and Mewtwo's exclusion. I'd certainly be sad if King K. Rool wasn't included, though, that would mean he would be dead.
Also, what do you guys think about Capcom? I hear they're going bankrupt these days.
They aren't. Capcom has good assets and virtually no debt. Plus with Monster Hunter 4 becoming a huge hit, Capcom will be around for at least a few years.

As for what I think of them?

Before this happened, I was going to buy a 3DS for this game. It was a dream come true for Mega Man fans. A project that fans could contribute to and was an anticipated revival (at least by Mega Man fans) of a sub-series long in hiatus finally about to reach a conclusion.

Then July 18th, 2011 happened. Mega Man Legends 3 was cancelled and needless to say, I raged. I felt betrayed, angry and so disappointed at Capcom for doing this. It was like being stabbed in the back and being knocked out, only to open with a new mindset towards the gaming world.

Before this cancellation, I felt that the video game medium was a near perfect medium with a nearly limitless supply of great games coming out all the time. I trusted companies like Capcom to make great games to keep me and tens of millions of gaming fans happy and never anticipated something like this to happen. Legends 3's cancellation exposed me to the harsh reality of the gaming world and is a major reason as to why I'm pessimistic about the current status of gaming.

I hate how Capcom has become in the past few years. It hurts to see them fall like this, especially since they were so good for so long. Until 2011 came around, they were a great company that consistently made great games. The past two and a half years have been awful as I saw a company turn to greed by forcing down on-disc DLC and consistently make shady decisions.

And what especially boiled my blood was when I found out about the abuse of employees at Capcom four months ago, right when I about to buy DmC. That infuriated me so much that not only did I not buy DmC, I flat out stopped buying anything other games from Capcom. I don't want to hear "other companies do this in Japan" as a defense, this doesn't make Capcom any less guilty of the bull****s they pulled in the past few years and of the employee abuse.

I have been so disappointed in Capcom for the past few years that I have almost given up on the company. They are a company very well capable of making great, completed games that are memorable for years to come, even despite Inafune and Kamiya leaving. If 2014 is not a good year for Capcom, then I will be done with them. Super Smash Bros. 3DS & Wii U could very well be the last time they ever see my money (and even then, I was tempted to buy it used).

Blaziken

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4038-6625-0560
I think so, considering most people have standard avatars right now.

Very random question, but I want to download the Homebrew Channel on my Wii U. Could it get easily bricked by Nintendo if I do so?

D

Deleted member

Idk...

Is this more suited to your tastes?

12950028139656578292.jpeg

;)

I also had one from when I cosplayed as Alice from Pandora Hearts at the last Expo-Manga, I was debating between those three, but tbh, I quite like the pigtails.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Idk...

Is this more suited to your tastes?

I also had one from when I cosplayed as Alice from Pandora Hearts at the last Expo-Manga, I was debating between those three, but tbh, I quite like the pigtails.
Not gonna lie, you look really cool in that shot. Excellent. o.o

And I love Pandora Hearts. I can't believe someone else actually knows it exists! D:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I don't have enough room for the Bravely default demo...

D

Deleted member

Not gonna lie, you look really cool in that shot. Excellent. o.o

And I love Pandora Hearts. I can't believe someone else actually knows it exists! D:
Mhmm. I'm often reading/watching really obscure anime/manga.

I liked TTGL before it was cool. :smirk::glare:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I liked Naruto before it was cool. And now it's uncool.

The anime used to be an obscure thing, but once they dubbed it everything went bad.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Mhmm. I'm often reading/watching really obscure anime/manga.

I liked TTGL before it was cool. :smirk::glare:
Ah yes. I remember watching TTGL before it became mainstream much later on. Hell, I remember watching Code Geass before all the fanboys and fangirls were born. XD

You have officially made my day, you manly woman you. ¦( *salutes*

I've gotta get back to reading Pandora Hearts sometime. D:

The anime used to be an obscure thing, but once they dubbed it everything went bad.
Naruto went bad waaay before it got dubbed.

It got bad the moment it became Finding Emo.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
As fun as Pokemon Y was I feel like EO:U would be a more satisfying experience overall.
Meh, it really doesn't feel very special from your typical turn-based RPG/dungeon crawler. The cartography feature didn't enhance the gameplay much and there's an awful lot of handholding. Etrian Odyssey isn't a bad game at all. It just could be better.

On the other hand, the start-up screen has a pleasant sound I made into my alarm clock and Shileka is sexy, as well as her shop theme. ;P

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
Mega Man X's first stage is really a great showcase of tutorial design. Everything in that stage is set up so you can learn the game's basics, spotting secrets and how to identify enemy weaknesses without explicitly telling you or engaging in hand holding to walk you through everything. The whole game is great (it's definitely in my top 10) but the intro stage is without a doubt superb from an instructional design standpoint.
You might as well link the video

edit: linking the video was harder than i thought. curse my ignorance

D

Deleted member

I like Naruto ironically.

Actually, I don't like it at all.

Bleach is still cool though.

One Piece is where it's at though.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
No offense to anyone, but I really don't like any of The Big 3 (Naruto, Bleach, One Piece) even after watching them a little bit. Heck, I never even liked any of the Dragonballs!

FMA:B though. Dat's sum good ****. First anime I really got into.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

I gave up all hope when Tobi was revealed as Obito.

I didn't much like it but I gave it a chance.

When I heard they killed Neji I was like "**** It"

One Piece is overall good, but I don't much like where it was when I last read it. I thought it was boring, but surely is past that by now.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light

Naruto sucks. In fact, Naruto's sucked for a loooooooooooooooong time.

Bleach sucks. Holy crap does Bleach suck, and like Naruto, for a loooooooooooooooooooong time. Why, Manly, why? It's made a mockery of itself.

One Piece is charming, but it's drawn out.

Smooth Criminal

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412

I liked Naruto up 'til the point they did the Rugrats All Grown up thing, but even before then i started loosing interest in it when i realized everyone pretty much had the same sappy back story.

Bleach was good to watch too, but they love to pull **** out of their ass for the sake of the story. The show can be summed up with this:

I just wait for someone to compile big fights and upload them to Youtube.

Was disappointed in the Aizen fight though. The epitome of anti-climatic

One Piece was cool too, but during sometime in highscool i lost track of where i was in the story and by then there was so many episodes it felt daunting for me to try and catch up.

Currently watching Kill la Kill.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
I think One Piece is pretty good, but I really need to catch up on it.

Soul Eater, Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood, and a few animes that have since gone off the air (some of which I really wish would return) are good, too.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I recommend watching Fate/Zero if ya'll are looking for some anime. The Cap'n knows exactly what I'm talking about. One of the better series (to me, anyway) in recent memory.

In light of that, I'm looking forward to the redux of Fate/Stay Night.

Smooth Criminal

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
The only thing Naruto/Bleach related stuff I actually care about is Naruto & Ichigo in Super Smash Flash 2 (Naruto is my fave in that game).

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The only thing Naruto/Bleach related stuff I actually care about is Naruto & Ichigo in Super Smash Flash 2 (Naruto is my fave in that game).
Them being in it is also the reason I don't like the super smash flash series

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I imported Jump Super Stars Ultimate to get my Naruto vs. Ichigo fix

D

Deleted member

Naruto sucks. In fact, Naruto's sucked for a loooooooooooooooong time.

Bleach sucks. Holy crap does Bleach suck, and like Naruto, for a loooooooooooooooooooong time. Why, Manly, why? It's made a mockery of itself.

One Piece is charming, but it's drawn out.

Smooth Criminal

Naruto has always been terrible, there's no denying that, though the Haku/Zabuza arc was ok

I like Bleach because I have no expectations of it. It's simple and entertaining, which is all I really look for in it.

Oda is a fantastic artist.

Also, I didn't so much like Kill la Kill, too much fanservice, and it's nowhere near as touching as TTGL.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
The issue is not "seriousness" or lacking a sense of humor. **** (an implication that you joked about) is serious and it's not something you throw in a stranger's face; even on the internet. Abuse towards women is a serious issue and throwing that at a female peer (ironically using the username ManlySprit) is uncalled for. I joke about all sorts of things but at least I develop familiarity with someone before making jokes about others and I avoid subjects which endorse abuse and objectification of my peers.

Your disgust makes my **** long and my smile wide. ¦3
Especially since I'm just messing around cause I can. ¦) *shrugs*
This is the reason women can't be out in the open in some online communities, especially gaming related ones. The gender power binary allows you to get away with **** like this among other transgressions against the minority in the community. You'll never be a victim and you should feel lucky you'll never be seen and treated as an object. Also, GGs for flying the "I'm so edgy flag because people's misfortune makes me feel entertained" flag; you're super cool.

I expect an apology for your oppressive actions.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom