• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Why do people always suggest a new subject without making a concerted effort to actually change the topic? This isn't necessarily directed at you Phantom. I see it all the time, the more effective way to entice people to actually discuss something else might include... introducing something.
finally someone besides me says this lol

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
EDIT: Religion is a topic best left discussed in PM's, or in a thread if such exists on this forum. In the nicest way possible, I would suggest that you take your issue to said PMs or thread before warnings and bans happen due to flaming, because you guys are heading there pretty fast if you keep it up here (in my own opinion, of course).
----
Let's talk about retros. Mike Jones, Muddy Mole, Prince Sable, etc. - the ones who aren't as likely as the others.

Personally, I love Mike Jones, and he could feasibly be based around Ness because of the yo-yo, but never being released in Japan hurts his chances greatly. I don't know much about Muddy Mole or Prince Sable's games, but the characters themselves seem pretty sweet, though they aren't as likely as, say, Takamaru (duh), Lip and even Duck Hunt Dog.
Prince Sable would definitely have a unique style, relying on his transformation on the slow, but powerful snake and the jumpy, agile frog.
Muddy Mole's digging ability would be interesting, though I prefer Mr. Resetti over Muddy Mole.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
EDIT: Religion is a topic best left discussed in PM's, or in a thread if such exists on this forum. In the nicest way possible, I would suggest that you take your issue to said PMs or thread before warnings and bans happen due to flaming, because you guys are heading there pretty fast if you keep it up here (in my own opinion, of course).
----
Let's talk about retros. Mike Jones, Muddy Mole, Prince Sable, etc. - the ones who aren't as likely as the others.

Personally, I love Mike Jones, and he could feasibly be based around Ness because of the yo-yo, but never being released in Japan hurts his chances greatly. I don't know much about Muddy Mole or Prince Sable's games, but the characters themselves seem pretty sweet, though they aren't as likely as, say, Takamaru (duh), Lip and even Duck Hunt Dog.
I really like the idea of Muddy Mole because I feel that Mole Mania is one of Nintendo's most underrated games. I feel the game could have been really popular but it was released very close to Super Mario 64 which was pretty much a death sentence to the game's sales. It's 3 bucks on the 3DS eshop and I highly recommend it.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I really like the idea of Muddy Mole because I feel that Mole Mania is one of Nintendo's most underrated games. I feel the game could have been really popular but it was released very close to Super Mario 64 which was pretty much a death sentence to the game's sales. It's 3 bucks on the 3DS eshop and I highly recommend it.
I recommend playing For the Frog the Bell Tolls in English on an emulator sometime. People are missing a Gameboy classic. In fact this game can beaten in 3-5 hours, so try it sometime during the weekend.

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
If I had a 3DS and $3 to spend on it, I definitely would, and I'll keep that recommendation in mind if I ever do.

@BluePikmin: I would rather have Mr. Resetti too if I had to choose between them both. However (at least for this game), Villager could damage the chances of any other AC characters getting in, but Muddy Mole could still come in as a completely separate character and give us what Mr. Resetti might have been but couldn't be this time around. Then Mr. Resetti can be a shoo-in next SM7SH because he can be a semi-clone of Muddy Mole.

:cool:

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Why do people always suggest a new subject without making a concerted effort to actually change the topic? This isn't necessarily directed at you Phantom. I see it all the time, the more effective way to entice people to actually discuss something else might include... introducing something.
Suggest a new topic? Why I'd be happy to:

So this BAMF is back in black in Kirby Triple Deluxe, in case you haven't heard. He is now inevitable for Smash 4. Discuss.

:troll:

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Suggest a new topic? Why I'd be happy to:

So this BAMF is back in black in Kirby Triple Deluxe, in case you haven't heard. He is now inevitable for Smash 4. Discuss.

I want deluxe so bad now, Its looking really good I cannot flipping wait!

If he's in smash 4, that'd be sweet. but would sakurai put 4 kirby characters tho?

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Speaking of Triple Deluxe, does anyone else find it funny that the plot involves King Dedede being kidnapped? :laugh:

I'm going to be very surprised if we don't end up getting Dedede confirmed next month (to which yet again, Triple Deluxe comes out the 2nd week of the month in Japan).

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Took Sakurai until Brawl to add two characters that were deserving at least one game prior, not to mention Sakurai put off adding Dedede twice. And those characters were actually fairly integral to the series and largely demanded.

I doubt we'd get another Kirby character of significantly inferior merit compared to the existing three so soon after Sakurai delayed his ass off adding the other two. Even if Bandana Dee were a top contender, Sakurai's humility towards over-representing his series (in his mind) would still be a factor to contend with. The fact that Bandana Dee is a fringe addition at best mixed with... lukewarm popularity and Sakurai's feelings about Kirby characters seems to add up to less-than-stellar chances in my opinion.

Maybe next time.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Actually, I find it kinda interesting that Sakurai held off until after he stopped working on the Kirby series before adding more Kirby characters to Smash. Maybe now that he's not working on the series any more, he won't be so humble about adding more characters from it?

#totallynotgraspingatstraws

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Looks like you just wanted the cookie in my pocket affinity bonuses.
...wait, no I didn't mean it like that!

This is all just one big misunderstanding!

seriously, though, that wasn't how I meant it at all.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
We can't all fancy stock silent samurai with stock Japanese weapons and personalities to rival Link, can we? :p
Don't know, I still find the idea of lightning swift fancy sword work with inspiration from both fiction and non-fiction samurai culture and characteristics to be appealing.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Your cheating on me huh? well looks like i won't be speaking to you for a while.

N-no! It was a one time thing, and before you and I met! Me and Habanero got really drunk, and then the next morning Swamp winds up in my house! I don't even know if we actually did it!

We've gotten divorced now

Don't leave me Zero ;_;

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
N-no! It was a one time thing, and before you and I met! Me and Habanero got really drunk, and then the next morning Swamp winds up in my house! I don't even know if we actually did it!

We've gotten divorced now

Don't leave me Zero ;_;
Fine, your lucky that I forgive. But I got my eyes on you, if I see you in habanero's arms one more time, I'm leaving the house and taking all my FE stuff with me!

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Fine, your lucky that I forgive. But I got my eyes on you, if I see you in habanero's arms one more time, I'm leaving the house and taking all my FE stuff with me!

Don't worry, there was never anything there. She's kind of a **** and has slept with basically everybody in the neighbourhood but me

Also she keeps going on and on about that Corn guy. I think she might have a thing for him.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
SO

Who's ready for that Nintendouji reveal tomorrow!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom