• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Oh gawd no please. Don't put RNG (Random number generator) in my game. Please.
Been there since 64, bro.

From the random Yoshi Team colors all the way to Brawl's random Stickers. Like hell a staple part of its programming would leave. XD

> Posted this first try
> I win. Fatality.

Been there since 64, bro.

From the random Yoshi Team colors all the way to Brawl's random Stickers. Like hell a staple part of its programming would leave. XD
I don't know. I always hated RNG. Even in MMO's. Sure RNG makes things a lot more satisfying but honestly, I prefer things being consistent.

I still love Smash.

Smashboards crashed again. Blurgh

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
So I was on YouTube listening to Meta Knight's Revenge in Brawl, and somebody said "Too bad Meta's not coming back". I left a comment along the lines of "Why would Sakurai cut his own characters?"

I got a response later that said this verbatim: "He's too overpowered" and another said the old "Sakurai doesn't want to flood the roster with his own characters".

HEY GAIZ, REMEMBER WHEN PIKACHU WAS CUT IN MELEE BECAUSE S-TIER.

Aduross

Smash Apprentice
Peach's turnips have random faces. I think what we've learned from Smash is that Turnips are just inherently random. Truly there exists no vegetable more lacking in consistency than the turnip. Radishes? Pfffft, don't even get me started on those things. Unchanging and steady as the tides.

So I was on YouTube listening to Meta Knight's Revenge in Brawl, and somebody said "Too bad Meta's not coming back". I left a comment along the lines of "Why would Sakurai cut his own characters?"

I got a response later that said this verbatim: "He's too overpowered" and another said the old "Sakurai doesn't want to flood the roster with his own characters".

HEY GAIZ, REMEMBER WHEN PIKACHU WAS CUT IN MELEE BECAUSE S-TIER.
Naaah. He was still legit in Melee. Well, he was 2 places away from S tier but eeeh, A tier's still good.

But whatever. Do yourself a favor and don't read the comments section in You Tube. It makes Fire Emblem and Pokemon discussions look good.

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
Villager stealing moves from other characters...
Take that Kirby!

Also, this "random strenght" moves always are weird.
His moveset in general seems amazing and new. Absorbs and counter any projectile, has projectiles, plant trees, and now has a "surprise" atack.

Hype for village.
PS:Good to see Smashboards online again.

Pheta Ray

Smash Ace
I wonder how Villager will move, like how light, how fast, especially aerial movement. I'm thinking it's going to he similar to how Ness and Lucas move. What do you guys think?

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I-Is the Villager going doggy on turni--
...nvm I don't want to know.

I'm used to the RNG factor especially with G&W, I mean hello?:

We've all had matches where a peach player pulls like 3 Bom-ombs in one match. It's nothing new

Pheta Ray

Smash Ace
Oh my gosh.

Be me, beating a Peach as Ike at like 70%. Three-stocking this guy like every game until this one, where he's really going ham on me. Last stock, Peach is at like 150 and I'm baiting that Bair kill. She pulls a Bom-omb and kills me, at like 70. First and last time someone killed me with a Bom-omb.

It's okay though. I Dtilt spiked him three times next game.

I'm not saying that RNG didn't exist since the first smash. Just saying that I'm not a huge fan of it.

When I said "My game", I meant the villager since I'm probably gonna play as him. My bad for the wrong wording though

Well as long as it has no chance of doing **** damage, then I'm fine

Edit : What's with the recent crashes?

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Someone or some people must have a seriously childish hate for the SSB games, or at least the competitive side. Probably because they are unable to L-cancel or Wavedash or DACUS or even Short Hop. xD

Morbi

Scavenger
Someone or some people must have a seriously childish hate for the SSB games, or at least the competitive side. Probably because they are unable to L-cancel or Wavedash or DACUS or even Short Hop. xD
I was thinking that they might have been doing it in anticipation of Project M 3.0s release. However, this already happened before, so I don't know. Coincidence?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
@Berserker01: I'd Like your post, but yeah. I concur with that. I expect the RNG to return for Smash and I think it works fine for this kind of game. It doesn't for all, like ones where the entire point of the game is nothing but collecting.(Pokemon, Sonic Battle)

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
I had Oogie Boogie as my avatar throughout October, so now I have a new avatar for December. I'll be very sad if no one here recognizes it.
No idea but he looks like a Mr. White Christmas Mr. Snow Mr. Icicle Mr. Ten below. But I have no idea who it could be.

Oh it's Arnold Schwarzenegger in that one Batman movie right?

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
No idea but he looks like a Mr. White Christmas Mr. Snow Mr. Icicle Mr. Ten below. But I have no idea who it could be.

Oh it's Arnold Schwarzenegger in that one Batman movie right?
Yeah that sounds about right....

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Is...

Is the site back to normal?

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Is...

Is the site back to normal?
I wish I could say yes.

I really, realy wish I could.

It's been crashing at random times, comes back up after some maintenance, then it crashes again sometime later, either after a short time, or a few good hours.

Hopefully the issue is fixed soon.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
The server error frequency is making this forum really awry to use! I gotta keep refreshing and it looks like I'm using a 1990s webpage!

Hopefully, the staff is getting down on this issue.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
The server error frequency is making this forum really awry to use! I gotta keep refreshing and it looks like I'm using a 1990s webpage!

Hopefully, the staff is getting down on this issue.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
So, apparently other companies are making a big deal of VGX this year? Square Enix is going to premiere two new trailers this year. Despite my complaints, this might actually be worth watching live...

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
@Berserker01: I'd Like your post, but yeah. I concur with that. I expect the RNG to return for Smash and I think it works fine for this kind of game. It doesn't for all, like ones where the entire point of the game is nothing but collecting.(Pokemon, Sonic Battle)
I dunno why, but a Shao Kahn avatar seems kinda weird on you. Just saying. :p... UNLESS YOU'RE HIS EMPRESS SINDEL OR SOMETHING

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
So the fourth Tropical Freeze character was leaked:
[collapse=Spoiler]

Wasn't expecting the original Kong to get back in on the action. Cranky for Smash! :troll:[/collapse]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom