• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I somehow remember Lost Galaxy's theme to be my favorite Power Rangers theme.
I don't know if it's my favorite anymore, Megaforce, Samurai, and some others are pretty damn good. Most are, though. R.P.M. was honestly the only theme that I didn't like, and even now, I warmed up to it. That's after a fan remix where it was super long appeared. It becomes catchy after some time. Compared to Operation Overdrive which was very catchy, regardless of the quality of the season(the sad part is, it really isn't a terrible season, just wasn't that great. You can chalk it up to the Black Ranger being a Thief, the last impression he left on people with the Actor outright stealing something at Morphicon, some of the most silly Characterization/Character Reveals, or plot twists, I guess, and finally... MMPR Black got a different theme from MMPR. Disney couldn't get the rights in time, but it still hurt. Oh, and the worst part is that Will's Actor is the only Operation Overdrive character to be invited back for Power Rangers Super Megaforce. This went pretty badly, unsurprisingly.)

I mean, I do like the overall Power Rangers series. Turbo was on Operation Overdrive levels of bad, but still had really good music. The acting was subpar, and it was obviously a Gag Dub. No, T.J., we don't care that you were baked in a giant Pizza. :facepalm:(I think that's actually a meme for him. Alternatively, he can never live it down, so Forever Red rolled with it just to cater to the fans who found it funny. Or because maybe the cast did? I remember reading they went through multiple scripts and some of the actors threw it random things. I'd have to recheck the RangerWiki)

But anyway, Music is a pretty great thing about Power Rangers as a whole. There's also lots of mixed stuff among various seasons. Good and bad. Even some of the better seasons tend to have some pretty big flaws. I think S.P.D. might be one of the few that is mostly good than bad. It had really damn good acting, great CGI, good music, excellent characterization, and great comedy(Bridge).

...Excuse the edit. I accidentally hit reply. I could go on, but for the record, Operation Overdrive was my least favorite season. And even I didn't think it actually sucked, just was heavily flawed.(even the theme song is inconsistent with what actually happens in the show. And I mean the words alone. Sounded good, at least)

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Have you guys ever reached a point where you don't know what to do with your life anymore? You tried many different activities,games, adventures, yet you still don't know why you're unhappy? If you did go through this phase, what was your method of solving it?
I was listening to a discussion about depression, and what I took from it is that vitamin D is key. The winters are usually the months where people get depressed, and that's because the sun isn't out as much during that season. Through sunlight you get vitamin D, which keeps your depression in check. That's why people usually travel to tropical places/resorts for vacation.

Idk how long you have been feeling unhappy, if it is fairly recent then I would say you have a case of the "winter blues" and things should pick up once Spring rolls around. If it has been occurring quite frequently, I would say you should try to get more sunlight and look into vitamin D supplements.

Morbi

Scavenger
I grew up in a family that believed depression was only something that "crazy people" got and was simply something you just got over if you tried hard enough. It wasn't until I moved out and overcame a 4 month suicidal spell that I learned what complete and utter crap that was. Seek help, talk to people, change your perspective, try to go about things differently, etc. I pretty much had to rebuild my worldview from the bottom-up to drag myself out of the pit.
This, I cannot emphasize the importance of this. My sister was actually depressed, she attempted to commit suicide, which actually turned out to be a fortune as she got the help she never knew she needed. She was under the assumption that everyone felt "depressed" and that it was normal. After taking some medicine to redistribute the chemical imbalance she is a different person. She has been much happier, she actually quit the counselling sessions because she was feeling so much better. I just suffer from depression occasionally, like currently, because I am under the weather. It isn't as severe as I have never wanted to hurt myself or anything like that. It just makes me feel ****ty.

ChickenWing13

Smash Lord
NNID
Frosty93
I was listening to a discussion about depression, and what I took from it is that vitamin D is key. The winters are usually the months where people get depressed, and that's because the sun isn't out as much during that season. Through sunlight you get vitamin D, which keeps your depression in check. That's why people usually travel to tropical places/resorts for vacation.

Idk how long you have been feeling unhappy, if it is fairly recent then I would say you have a case of the "winter blues" and things should pick up once spring rolls around. If it has been occurring quite frequently, I would say you should try to get more sunlight and look into vitamin D supplements.
The ppl in Africa don't seem so happy.

I get what ur sayin though Moon Monkey.

This, I cannot emphasize the importance of this. My sister was actually depressed, she attempted to commit suicide, which actually turned out to be a fortune as she got the help she never knew she needed. She was under the assumption that everyone felt "depressed" and that it was normal. After taking some medicine to redistribute the chemical imbalance she is a different person. She has been much happier, she actually quit the counselling sessions because she was feeling so much better. I just suffer from depression occasionally, like currently, because I am under the weather. It isn't as severe as I have never wanted to hurt myself or anything like that. It just makes me feel ****ty.
Holy **** dude! My lil sister was about to do the same.

The f*ck is goin on in this world!?

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
The ppl in Africa don't seem so happy.

I get what ur sayin though Moon Monkey.
LOL! That, my friend is not because they lack sunlight, but because they lack a healthy environment.
Extreme droughts, war zones, unsanitary conditions. I would say these are a couple reasons why quite a few millions of people are depressed in Africa.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
I generally don't feel too conformable talking about my personal life, but I'll say this:

I had some periods of depression when I was younger (around 12-13 years), and I thought of killing myself at times.
I doubt it was because any clinical stuff or disorders, though.

It was mainly because I was yearning for the past and younger days.

I'm embarrassed to talk about the part about me wanting to kill myself, as I think it makes me look...spoiled or immature, I guess?

-----

ChickenWing13

Smash Lord
NNID
Frosty93
LOL! That, my friend is not because they lack sunlight, but because they lack a healthy environment.
Extreme droughts, war zones, unsanitary conditions. I would say these are a couple reasons why quite a few millions of people are depressed in Africa.
Nah Moon Monkey I understand.

Just ignore my troll post =p

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
The only time I was ever really depressed was 6 years ago when Mario Galaxy came out.
I got Galaxy and couple other games for Christmas, but I could bring myself to play any of them for a good day or 3.
It also snowed pretty badly that year too. I had so many snow-days my high school had to extend the school year a couple weeks.

Once it got warmer and the snow melted in the Spring, I felt a lot better.
I never really felt depressed after that instance and I ain't going back to that $h!t again if I can help it.
Nah Moon Monkey I understand.

Just ignore my troll post =p
It's all good n!gga, I actually found it pretty funny, but acknowledged it as a serious question.

ChickenWing13

Smash Lord
NNID
Frosty93
Idk I enjoy the winter. My favorite season of the year. The time of giving is underway and I feel just fine.

It's the damn heat that drives me insane! That's just summer though. As for spring well, I guess you could say the term "spring" fits well for that time of the year.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Yeah, I wasn't a big fan of OO, either. The theme song was alright, though.

Though I think one that will never leave my mind would be Space Patrol Delta's theme (especially that solo).
S.P.D EMERGENCY!!
It helps it was written by Ron Wasserman. I think. It's been a while, but it is written with the old theme in mind. It's why they both tend to have a lot of repeated phrases. Mind you, I did like the final version of the Mystic Force theme. There's one very similar to the official version, but it was kind of eh. It had no real introduction that led into the actual rap music. I personally think that weakened the song. Which is why I like the chosen version. Now, if people didn't like it for being a rap, fair enough. Catchy in its own right, though. Also, for a season that they were forced to have the storyline around Nick(Disney blew their budge on S.P.D.'s special effects/vehicles/etc.), they still did a damn good job with other people's characterization. But to be fair, it took them till In Space for Saban to have decent characterization(and Lost Galaxy did a kind of eh job with the Rangers except Magna Defender 1, and he's only arguably a Ranger), where Disney's seasons always had some pretty decent characterization. OO was possibly the worst one in that regard, but still not bad at all. The four factions thing actually was pretty neat as well.

Morbi

Scavenger
Idk I enjoy the winter. My favorite season of the year. The time of giving is underway and I feel just fine.

It's the damn heat that drives me insane! That's just summer though. As for spring well, I guess you could say the term "spring" fits well for that time of the year.
Winter is also my favorite season. The only negative would have to be snowy/icy roads. Too many people fail to adjust to the dangerous conditions.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
SPD EMERGENCY!

****in' hate that intro. Well, hate that entire series as a whole but that specific intro will never be forgotten by me, in an awful way. That's what I get for falling asleep while watching Jetix as a pre-teen

Mr. OC

Smash Journeyman
eyo i'm new here, friend gave me this account 'cause i didn't feel like making one

when are they gonna announced the power rangers in smash4 i've been waiting forever

ChickenWing13

Smash Lord
NNID
Frosty93
xD meme replies yo u funny as ****
nah really that's p. corny
I see no corn in that picture.

Nd if anyone is funny it is you for asking such absurd questions. Do yourself a favor nd go start a comedy thread. I'll be more than happy to assist you in your venture of humor.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
kinda ironic that depression is a subject talked about in here when I just went through one of the worst moods I've been in a while today

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
What the **** is wrong with you people in this thread right now? Seriously. O_o'

YoshiSonic

Smash Ace
Have you guys ever reached a point where you don't know what to do with your life anymore? You tried many different activities,games, adventures, yet you still don't know why you're unhappy? If you did go through this phase, what was your method of solving it?

Well, getting that popcorn kernel out of my back teeth after 3 months helped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom