• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Guys I can't decide if I should get the Hanafuda cards or Dillon's Rolling Western.
Help me decide please.
If the cards are rare and you like em, go for that.

But if you can get em just about anywhere go for rolling western. (yeah i'm leaning toward the cards if you like em or whatever)

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
The Hanafuda cards out of stock for now, and I have 890 coins in Club Nintendo, you think it's worth buying Dillon's Rolling Western? I'm also afraid that the Hanafuda cards might be permanently out of stock.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
The Hanafuda cards out of stock for now, and I have 890 coins in Club Nintendo, you think it's worth buying Dillon's Rolling Western? I'm also afraid that the Hanafuda cards might be permanently out of stock.
You could just buy.... western(with money). and wait for them to be restocked, i've noticed that they've been out of stock for a while now. if you think you can get enough coins to get 800 again go with western, if not just wait for the cards.

Personally if were in your position i'd just buy western with money and use the coins for the cards. Because i think those cards aren't offered anywhere else, hope this helped.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I got Dillion's Rolling Western earlier. I tried to play it on the bus ride home and it was not a fun or pleasant experience, the bumps of the bus gaves me the motion sickness.

So I'm gonna have to try it again later.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
not insecure but I get annoyed when people think only one type of age group plays this series. i've seen it referred to in several threads and i guess i just pointed it out in the one post. it gets old. like me. boom!
I'm pretty sure he wasn't suggesting anything of the sort. Asking if anyone else thought Marth was a female when they played Melee as a child doesn't necesarrily mean he thinks only kids play the series.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Yeah, I don't see Ganondorf getting a revamped moveset sadly.

Which at this point I'd rather not even have Ganondorf if he's going to be Ganondorf in name and appearance only.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Yeah, I don't see Ganondorf getting a revamped moveset sadly.

Which at this point I'd rather not even have Ganondorf if he's going to be Ganondorf in name and appearance only.
Well, he only got in because he could be cloned. Even clarified by Sakurai in the first place on the Melee Japanese website. To paraphrase; "I didn't even consider Ganondorf in the first place, but he had a model similar enough to Captain Falcon to allow me to add him in."

Seeing as how he barely changed him up in Brawl, Ganondorf's chances of being fully de-cloned are really low. In addition, his moveset may not be canon to his series(never mind Smash is non-canon anyway), but it still makes sense for the guy with the Triforce of Power to use Power-based moves. It fits his overall character design fine. I don't want him totally de-cloned, since that ruins his already established playstyle. A bit more de-cloning, or making him akin to what Wolf is in Brawl, barely similar to Fox at all, and we're perfect. I'd prefer to keep Dark Dive myself, but Energy Balls for his B is good. Not sure if there's anything worth removing Wizard's Foot for, since it's one of his better approaching moves. I also doubt we'll get Toon Ganondorf, his most characterized version, so I wouldn't expect a moveset revamp. If Link and Toon Link's designs mean anything, I expect TP Ganondorf with a bit of notes from OOT and hopefully a WW set of clothing. I expect the same thing for Zelda/Sheik as well.

If he somehow adds new Zelda characters in a fifth slot, I have no idea what he'll do. Depends who he chooses, and if so, it'll probably be their latest appearance in that case. And costumes from earlier iterations if applicable.(like let's say Impa gets her own slot. She can have an old lady costume from the early Zelda games, her clothes from the Oracle games(without the beefy look), and her design from OOT, with SS as her default. Possibly an Impaz costume, since the character is based upon her and all)

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Hey guys! I made lyrics!

Blades, they’re coming at you through the sky
Better run, and hide from
Metal, Metal Man
The conveyer belts want to say hi
Gonna mess your speed run
Farm lives, farm farm lives
Metal Man shouldn’t be so easy
He is weak to his own attack
But when the floor begins to make you queasy
You better start watching your-
b-b-b-b-back.
Chandeliers will fall and they’re
going to shut you down
There are drilling things all aro-ound
Metal Metal Metal Metal Metal
Beat this dude, you’ll be
toughest guy around
Beat half the game with the super godly Metal Blade!

What do you think? Also, I'm on topic because Metal Man is a likely music choice for Dr. Wily's Castle.

I'd prefer to keep Dark Dive myself, but Energy Balls for his B is good. Not sure if there's anything worth removing Wizard's Foot for, since it's one of his better approaching moves
Dark Dive (Second to Warlock punch) is ass. At least change how it works because it simply is not working for him.

My only gripe against Wizard's foot is the name. Pull 99 reasons why it's called Wizard's foot and why it's cool, it doesn't change my view that the name doesn't fit Ganondorf that much or makes him sound all that intimidating

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Wait...There are people who seriously thought Marth was a woman all of this time? Not just as a joke, but seriously? Even though it was plainly obvious that he was a guy??

Ugh...Idiots. Idiots everywhere. If it doesn't have a generic masculine or muscular build or a mustache, it's a girl to you all. ¦D;

C'mon, Link and Young Link looked more "pretty" than Melee Marth did and you could still tell they were guys! XD
I knew he was a boy in Melee, despite not knowing who he was, but Brawl got me a little suspicious.

I was more confused on what he was, more than his gender crisis.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
If Ganondorf were to keep anything very similar to one of Capt. Falcon's moves, I'd go with D-air or maybe Wizard's foot. I'd want him to get his Energy Ball attack, and a few sword attacks and some more magic attacks. And he should most certainly keep Flame Choke.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Dark Dive (Second to Warlock punch) is ***. At least change how it works because it simply is not working for him.
It works pretty well, ultimately. It's perfect in Brawl, even. Same overall good recovery, a new animation that fits him.

[quoe]My only gripe against Wizard's foot is the name. Pull 99 reasons why it's called Wizard's foot and why it's cool, it doesn't change my view that the name doesn't fit Ganondorf that much or makes him sound all that intimidating[/quote]

...Ganondorf isn't a master wizard now? Makes perfect sense to me. Warlock Punch made far less sense as a name overall. We know Ganondorf is excellent with magic as well as heavily looking at artifacts and is severely intelligent. Wizard is the only class that fits him properly(you think he learned that magic without studying? We don't know who his father is, as his surrogate mother was a witch, two technically). Besides a Monk, perhaps. In your battles with him, he doesn't always pull out a sword, which is his general Swordsman stuff. It's also impossible to place what kind of Swordsman he is due to his inconsistent characterization here. He uses two swords as some kind of odd Ninja-like guy in WW. Two swords when in his Pig Ganon form. One sword when he's a regular human swordsman. Maybe it's the specific game?

So I'd say Wizard's Foot is the perfect name for the move. Warlock Punch is the odd one out.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Happy Mask Salesman is the only choice for a fifth Zelda rep. :troll:

I do have high hopes for Ganondorf getting reworked though, I mean, Bowser and Pit.

It works pretty well, ultimately. It's perfect in Brawl, even. Same overall good recovery, a new animation that fits him.
The recovery was... bad in Brawl. Well, bad is an understatement, it was very crappy.

Not only that but it was crappy as a move period. It has no hitsun and its KO% is negligible or unknown. It's easy to edgeguard (Edgehog/Edgeguarding skill) despite the sourspot punch which doesn't work most of the time

So erm, yeah. It's far from perfect. Nearly as bad as Link's recovery. It's bad for attacking and it's a horrible recovery. It's so bad, Dorf mains even prefer just using flame choke to recover horizontally (Exaggeration sort of). If they need to recover vertically, they know there's a pretty good change they're ****ed.
...Ganondorf isn't a master wizard now? Makes perfect sense to me. Warlock Punch made far less sense as a name overall. We know Ganondorf is excellent with magic as well as heavily looking at artifacts and is severely intelligent. Wizard is the only class that fits him properly(you think he learned that magic without studying? We don't know who his father is, as his surrogate mother was a witch, two technically). Besides a Monk, perhaps. In your battles with him, he doesn't always pull out a sword, which is his general Swordsman stuff. It's also impossible to place what kind of Swordsman he is due to his inconsistent characterization here. He uses two swords as some kind of odd Ninja-like guy in WW. Two swords when in his Pig Ganon form. One sword when he's a regular human swordsman. Maybe it's the specific game?

So I'd say Wizard's Foot is the perfect name for the move. Warlock Punch is the odd one out.
Ehhh no. Still not a fan of it.

And I'm against the swordsman Ganon. What's with the swords?

Just change the up B, B, down B (Name) and u-tilt (Dear God)

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Shouldn't Toon Link have killed anyone's hope for Ganondorf.
Difference between the two is Toon Link is utilizing material from his games, Ganondorf is not. Only reason I hold any hope for Ganondorf changes is because of what Sakurai did for Bowser.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
The recovery was... bad in Brawl. Well, bad is an understatement, it was very crappy.

Not only that but it was crappy as a move period. It has no hitsun and its KO% is negligible or unknown. It's easy to edgeguard (Edgehog/Edgeguarding skill) despite the sourspot punch which doesn't work most of the time

So erm, yeah. It's far from perfect. Nearly as bad as Link's recovery. It's bad for attacking and it's a horrible recovery. It's so bad, Dorf mains even prefer just using flame choke to recover horizontally (Exaggeration sort of). If they need to recover vertically, they know there's a pretty good change they're ****ed.
The only issue is that Wizard's Foot(perfect name) didn't reset his jumps like in Melee. Otherwise, his recovery is very balanced. It was never bad.

Ehhh no. Still not a fan of it.

And I'm against the swordsman Ganon. What's with the swords?

Just change the up B, B, down B (Name) and u-tilt (Dear God)
Ganondorf is known for two things, being an Elite Wizard, and a Swordsman. Keeping his only Wizard-based move, name too, is an absolute must. Otherwise his character is represented poorly. Him not having a sword messes with what made him such a popular boss in many games. He uses a sword most of the time in his human form and should in Smash in some way.(Taunt doesn't count)

Also, there's one Swordsman Ganon, and two Swordsman Ganondorf. People want Swordsman Ganondorf because it's how he most often fights in games. With Ganon, his signature weapon is the Trident if he's not already shape-shifting. He also has a tail only when he's not using a Trident, oddly enough. But I don't want Pig Ganon playable either. Swords are his signature human weapon.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I still think ganondorf should use a trident.

Ganon's trident was said to be the opposing force to the Master Sword

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I remember Sakurai stating in the past he didn't change Ganondorf's moveset because he feared that would alienate those who played as him in Melee (context of the conversation was why Ganondorf does not fight with a sword).

Morbi

Scavenger
Difference between the two is Toon Link is utilizing material from his games, Ganondorf is not. Only reason I hold any hope for Ganondorf changes is because of what Sakurai did for Bowser.
He didn't really change Bowser to be more like Bowser though. He just gave him some new moves. I mean sure, they can give Ganon some new moves, it doesn't necessarily mean it will reflect what he does in the game.

Morbi

Scavenger
Marth is one of the prettiest males I've ever seen. :3
When I saw his reveal the other day, I noted that had Marth had his Smash 4 design back in Melee, I would have REALLY thought Marth was a girl. There wouldn't be any lingering doubts. They made him look more feminine. Didn't think that was possible.

Otherwise, his recovery is very balanced. It was never bad.
Explain
Ganondorf is known for two things, being an Elite Wizard, and a Swordsman. Keeping his only Wizard-based move, name too, is an absolute must. Otherwise his character is represented poorly. Him not having a sword messes with what made him such a popular boss in many games. He uses a sword most of the time in his human form and should in Smash in some way.(Taunt doesn't count)

Also, there's one Swordsman Ganon, and two Swordsman Ganondorf. People want Swordsman Ganondorf because it's how he most often fights in games. With Ganon, his signature weapon is the Trident if he's not already shape-shifting. He also has a tail only when he's not using a Trident, oddly enough. But I don't want Pig Ganon playable either. Swords are his signature human weapon.
I'm fine with him having no swords. His normals are actually fine excluding that U-tilt (At least make it faster and usable). The only similar normals he has to Captain Falcon are F-tilt, U-tilt, N-air, B-air and F-smash.

U-air is not counted since nearly 1/2 the cast has the same u-air anyway

If you are including swords though, they better still display power over grace. Like Ike to Marth. THEN, I'm still cool.

Wizard's foot is still silly sounding to me.
I remember Sakurai stating in the past he didn't change Ganondorf's moveset because he feared that would alienate those who played as him in Melee (context of the conversation was why Ganondorf does not fight with a sword).
Well, he did change some mechanics of the normals which made him distinguishable from Falcon, his specials remained the same so he's a semi-clone---ish.

Then again, if Ganondorf uses his sword in a way that he BRUTALLY CRUSHES his foes then I'm cool

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
He didn't really change Bowser to be more like Bowser though. He just gave him some new moves. I mean sure, they can give Ganon some new moves, it doesn't necessarily mean it will reflect what he does in the game.
Might want to give the E3 Developer Direct another view, because Bowser received more than just a few subtle changes. Bowser's whole posture changed so as to better reflect his appearances in recent Mario games (which explains his new punch). I don't think Ganondorf needs something that drastic, but he definitely could afford better differentiation between the old rushed Melee moveset and something fresh. The bigger mystery with Ganondorf is going to be how they handle his design considering he hasn't had a new design since Twilight Princess.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
It's the same as Melee, but his recovery only ultimately suffers due to the change to Wizard's Foot. I don't remember any difference. The other issue is entirely unrelated to Dark Dive, and his weight was increased if I remember correctly. I saw no difference with Dark Dive between Melee and Brawl outside of the animation.

I'm fine with him having no swords. His normals are actually fine excluding that U-tilt (At least make it faster and usable). The only similar normals he has to Captain Falcon are F-tilt, U-tilt, N-air, B-air and F-smash.

U-air is not counted since nearly 1/2 the cast has the same u-air anyway

If you are including swords though, they better still display power over grace. Like Ike to Marth. THEN, I'm still cool.
It depends if it's Toon Ganondorf or regular Ganondorf. Regular Ganondorf is all about power. Toon Ganondorf is severely about grace. And again, his swords are what makes Ganondorf's overall character since OOT. It ain't a 3D version of Ganon/Dorf without a sword(or two). It's just a poor imitation of his character. He displays the sword even in OOT before turning into Ganon among the cutscenes and concept art. I don't know where you get the idea that Ganondorf's true weapon isn't a sword(or two) since that's a huge part of his overall characterization. He's one of the few Wizards who can use Swords.

Wizard's foot is still silly sounding to me.
It's his only correctly named magical attack. Since he's a Wizard.

Morbi

Scavenger
Might want to give the E3 Developer Direct another view, because Bowser received more than just a few subtle changes. Bowser's whole posture changed so as to better reflect his appearances in recent Mario games (which explains his new punch). I don't think Ganondorf needs something that drastic, but he definitely could afford better differentiation between the old rushed Melee moveset and something fresh. The bigger mystery with Ganondorf is going to be how they handle his design considering he hasn't had a new design since Twilight Princess.
Believe it or not, I don't give a **** about Bowser's new posture. I am talking about his move-set. You don't think Ganondorf needs something as drastic as a posture change? Then why do you want his moves to change?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The changes they made in Brawl didn't alienate players?

he was only, kinda the worst character in the game

Morbi

Scavenger

I know right? Sakurai's logic was to not change Ganon's move-set (in order to avoid alienating players) the trick was to change the properties of his moves (and some basic mechanics) so that he didn't alienate players. The only problem? Sora Ltd. doesn't know how to balance the game. I used to co-main Ganon in Melee. Obviously I haven't touched him since. He is decent enough in FFA w/ items.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

The moveset barely changed, which is true. The properties were the problem. He's still one of the few I can play, since he's not beyond different from Melee. The issues are his speed and weight, since many of his moves are overall the same. His Up A? Same move, just slightly different. Wizard's Foot is practically the same, just doesn't help recoveries. Warlock Punch and Dark Dive are no different in the long run.

Also, I find him way better than Zelda and Link, so that last part is very debatable. He's one of the worst, no doubt. But those 3 have more than once changed their Tier placement, so... it's not that easy to say anymore. Don't forget that in a tourney where Meta Knight was banned, somebody took 1st with Ganondorf, so he's not impossible to play. I don't think the same was ever said about Zelda or Link, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom