• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I know I'm getting the game and play as Pit and Bowser, but still waiting for.... nvm, we'll see if December reveals her.

But as far as what we're getting now, I want to see new stages, or maybe a music sample to keep the hype flowing.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I didn't know who Ness or Captain Falcon were in Smash 64, and I didn't know who Game & Watch, Ice Climbers, Marth, Roy were in melee. So, I wasn't too surprised with just not knowing Marth

I knew who all the characters were in Brawl

PSIguy89

Smash Ace
NNID
PSIguy89
3DS FC
3222-5969-7044
Out of sheer curiosity todays caption mentions Marth's design being inspired by Shadow Dragon....im curious, is this only mention in English? does anybody know what the Japanese caption says? im thinking it might be FE 12 instead

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465

This is going to be the best Smash Bros. game I will ever play. That's it, I'm completely sold.
People may complain about the step back in terms of finer details, but the one thing that clearly is being given more detail are the character faces. Good night, look at the difference in expressions between both pictures! And it's not just him: Toon Link, Mario, Luigi, Peach, Pit, Sonic, Pikachu, everyone; and when Kirby, of all characters, manages to look better, that's quite an impressive feat. The brighter color scheme is really making this game visually pop more than Brawl ever did. Very impressed.

Although, the only thing that continues to bug me is Megaman's icon. Literally, that is the one gripe I have that bugs me to no end. I really hope that is one of those details that change over time. E-tank, Megaman helmet, screw; something that is actually indicative of the game.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
People may complain about the step back in terms of finer details, but the one thing that clearly is being given more detail are the character faces. Good night, look at the difference in expressions between both pictures! And it's not just him: Toon Link, Mario, Luigi, Peach, Pit, Sonic, Pikachu, everyone; and when Kirby, of all characters, manages to look better, that's quite an impressive feat. The brighter color scheme is really making this game visually pop more than Brawl ever did. Very impressed.

Although, the only thing that continues to bug me is Megaman's icon. Literally, that is the one gripe I have that bugs me to no end. I really hope that is one of those details that change over time. E-tank, Megaman helmet, screw; something that is actually indicative of the game.
"You know the thing about Peach, she's got... lifeless eyes, black eyes, like a doll's eye"

Peach's face looks like a doll to me

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
"You know the thing about Peach, she's got... lifeless eyes, black eyes, like a doll's eye"

Peach's face looks like a doll to me
Peach is fine. If you want to see scary, lifeless doll eyes, well...
Yes... That is a real doll... An animatronic doll that almost made the final cut of whatever Twilight film.

EDIT: Speak of the Peach. Just went to her profile page and noticed there is a link to Super Mario 3D World at the bottom of the page now.

ChickenWing13

Smash Lord
NNID
Frosty93
Marth is basically ultimate trap.

He's been making boys question their sexuality since 2001.
Mr. R came out of the closet after maining Marth.

Just thought I'd bring it up.

EDIT: Speak of the Peach. Just went to her profile page and noticed there is a link to Super Mario 3D World at the bottom of the page now.
Swampassaur already brought this up.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I never thought Marth was a girl either.

I did question Bugsy was or not because I played the game in partially translated Japanese before I played it for real and they didn't translate everything. But the name Bugsy IS a males name, and even if it was a girl he wouldn't be an attractive girl

He looks too thick to be a female to me, and has no breasts. I also thought his face has masculine features. This was the first pic I saw of Marth.

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle

So, are the hitboxes smaller? Because WFT's F-smash attack has her lift her leg up and looking at the swing of Marth's sword it would have hit.

Oniric Spriter

Smash Ace
I know I'm getting the game and play as Pit and Bowser, but still waiting for.... nvm, we'll see if December reveals her.

But as far as what we're getting now, I want to see new stages, or maybe a music sample to keep the hype flowing.
Unless she has her own trailer like Megaman, Villager etc. in the SSB webpage. I would like to see her revealed in E3, much more hype going on in there and I just want to see the reactions of people if it happens.

ChickenWing13

Smash Lord
NNID
Frosty93
Look

So, are the hitboxes smaller? Because WFT's F-smash attack has her lift her leg up and looking at the swing of Marth's sword it would have hit.
Looks like it could be her spotdodge. Towards the left you could see some sort of smoke/dust animation indication a swift movement. Prob the reason he missed.

Also if u zoom in close enough you can see an invincibility frame. (Shadowy marks on her arms and legs).

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
On an unrelated note... Who else thought Marth was a woman when they first played Melee as a kid?
I never thought that. Mostly I was like "who the heck are you?"

Then again I hardly knew any Nintendo characters back then. (I knew the Zelda characters, as well as Pikachu better than the rest of the cast)

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104

I was thinking that we might have moves that flat out beat low striking attacks, but then I realized it couldn't work in Smash or it'd be really wonky. Who knows though, this looks like it's a low crushing move for Miss Fit.

smashbroskilla

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5086-2745-2582
On an unrelated note... Who else thought Marth was a woman when they first played Melee as a kid?
What if we played mellee as an adult? What if we played smash 64 as a kid/teenager? You guys know like myself there are tons of 30+ people who play this game right? We might not post on this board but plenty of us consider smash brothers right up there with street fighter, marvel vs capcom, tekken etc. I personally think smash brothers is THE best fighting game series of all time.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
For whatever reason, I actually thought Marth was a Castlevania character when I first saw him. Also, to astound you all with my ignorance, I thought Ness was actually Ash/Red from Pokemon (because he kind of looked like Gameboy sprites from Red and Blue) in the original Smash Bros and that he got his abilities from the Pokemon he carried with him (PK Thunder: Pikachu, PK Fire: Charmander, PSI Magnet: Squirtle (for some reason). I also thought PK was an abbreviation for Pokemon. Oh to be 10 years old and dumb as hell.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
What if we played mellee as an adult? What if we played smash 64 as a kid/teenager? You guys know like myself there are tons of 30+ people who play this game right? We might not post on this board but plenty of us consider smash brothers right up there with street fighter, marvel vs capcom, tekken etc. I personally think smash brothers is THE best fighting game series of all time.
Someone's insecure. :troll:

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Look
Looks like it could be her spotdodge. Towards the left you could see some sort of smoke/dust animation indication a swift movement. Prob the reason he missed.

Also if u zoom in close enough you can see an invincibility frame. (Shadowy marks on her arms and legs).
I'm pretty sure its her f-smash. Here is the full animation:

ChickenWing13

Smash Lord
NNID
Frosty93
Sorry to point out the elephant in the room, but is there a double post problem with Smash-boards?
Perhaps SWF should get it fixed so that your posts can be merged shortly after DPing. Im sick of replying to someone's quote and then having to copy and paste someone elses quote into that same post just so I dont get violated. Especially when I have to use this PoS phone, just makes it harder.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Wait...There are people who seriously thought Marth was a woman all of this time? Not just as a joke, but seriously? Even though it was plainly obvious that he was a guy??

Ugh...Idiots. Idiots everywhere. If it doesn't have a generic masculine or muscular build or a mustache, it's a girl to you all. ¦D;

C'mon, Link and Young Link looked more "pretty" than Melee Marth did and you could still tell they were guys! XD

TheWhiteBowser

Smash Ace
Wait...There are people who seriously thought Marth was a woman all of this time? Not just as a joke, but seriously? Even though it was plainly obvious that he was a guy??

Ugh...Idiots. Idiots everywhere. If it doesn't have a generic masculine or muscular build or a mustache, it's a girl to you all. ¦D;

C'mon, Link and Young Link looked more "pretty" than Melee Marth did and you could still tell they were guys! XD
This is true but if you factor in the number of transgenders and multiply it by the number of homophobics then subtract that by the number of homosexuals then divide that by the number of lesbians then add the internet you get THE MEDIA.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
not insecure but I get annoyed when people think only one type of age group plays this series. i've seen it referred to in several threads and i guess i just pointed it out in the one post. it gets old. like me. boom!
I don't think TRG was suggesting anything of the sort. I know I wasn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom