• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
So is Other M from what I hear.

Anyway, I think Shadow Dragon not being used for promotion has more to do with it being over 4 years old that it's popularity.
I was solely talking about Other M, not Shadow Dragon, actually.

And I was mistaken about Shadow Dragon being promoted, which I corrected, albeit, not by fixing my posts, but by noting so.

"Shion"

Smash Ace
NNID
Shion_Sensei
Does this game follow the same trend as brawl?

Is there a site that we can visit for weekly updates or some ****?

Edit: nvm, found it.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Notably, it's fairly disliked in Japan as well.
Yeah, so whether or not a game is liked has no bearings on it not being presented. My guess is as Shinpichu mention it being fairly old.
Or do it this way since Sakurai possibly wasn't sure who to add besides Marth so far?
Because it's Marth's latest appearance. And who says more than one character can't represent/promote the same game anyway? I don't remember this being any actual rule... I think this is assuming way too much without anything to back it up.
I already said | was making the assumption that it's 1 character per game. I did acknowledge that multiple characters could be tied to a game though:

"While it is possible that multiple characters could be tied to a single game's release, I question why would they use Marth to promote the game that Chrom was the lead protagonist in. Especially, as you mentioned, some regions have Fire Emblem: Ankoku Ryū to Hikari no Tsurugi/Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon as the promo game."

Just as you have made the assumptions that Sakurai hasn't decided who else besides Marth to add. It's all speculation that we are doing here.
Now, if Sakurai said something like that, sure, I'd see an issue. But what would happen if Chrom is in SMTxFE as well?(I forget, is he even confirmed?) Wouldn't it make more sense for him to promote that since he might be added later if at all? My guess is that besides Marth, the FE choices aren't anywhere near thought out yet, so the obvious showing up early enough to show that Sakurai still cares about FE was worthwhile enough. Especially to promote his latest appearance per the region
While it is possible for Sakurai to tie Chrom to SMTxFE, why Chrom instead of Marth for that game? Obviously, it was his choice and all, but that's assuming that Sakurai knows how SMTxFE is coming along. And again, it is possibility but its pure speculation that Sakurai hasn't thought out the remaining FE cast.
Funny thing is Marth isn't in his design that he appeared in Awakening with. It was the one he appeared in Fire Emblem: Ankoku Ryū to Hikari no Tsurugi/Shadow Dragon with.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Funny thing is Marth isn't in his design that he appeared in Awakening with. It was the one he appeared in Fire Emblem: Ankoku Ryū to Hikari no Tsurugi/Shadow Dragon with.
His Smash 4 look is atcually closer to his FE12 look.
[collapse="FE11/Dhadow Dragon"]
[/collapse]
[collapse="FE12/New Mystery"]
[/collapse]
[collapse="Smash 4"]
[/collapse]

"Shion"

Smash Ace
NNID
Shion_Sensei
What does it matter what he looks like?

Seems kind if pointless to speculate that kind if thing.

Was he any different in brawl compared to Melee? Why would he change now?

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
What does it matter what he looks like?

Seems kind if pointless to speculate that kind if thing.

Was he any different in brawl compared to Melee? Why would he change now?
It doesn't matter, not in the slightest. Doesn't mean we can't talk about it. It's cool to see where the source material came from.
We've talked about every characters appearance so far (notably Link). I don't see why we would ignore Marth.

His Smash 4 look is atcually closer to his FE12 look.
[collapse="FE11/Dhadow Dragon"]

[collapse="FE12/New Mystery"]
[/collapse]
[collapse="Smash 4"]
[/collapse][/collapse]
Thanks FE12 was the game i was looking for.
As opposed to this

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
His armour is quite black though, or at least, very dark blue. I say it looks better, far more metallic and realistic.

Damn Marht, u fine as sheet

Marth x Peach confirmed! :troll:

'***** isn't blue haired enough, please let her get out of my face before I'll have to stab her.'

Damn, this Marth really fits the 'Marthy-pan' character from that one comic.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I hope Zelda gets her Skyward Sword design in SSB4... I think that version of Zelda would blend well with the SSB4 cast better than the Brawl cast... especially how she was very expressive compared to the Zelda from Twilight Princess.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
So I guess the fact that Marth is using his FE12 look means that Roy/Ike won't be using their FE13 DLC designs either.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
TP Zelda did basically NOTHING. All she did was drop her rapier and ***** out, and then sacrifise herself to Midna, and again: ***** out. Then, she acts all tough and **** trying to make up for her being a ***** by aiding you in battle, but all she does? FIRING ****ING ARROWS BEHIND YOU ON YOUR HORSE! If I was Link, I'd let that ***** get her own horse. And act all lovey-dovey towards Link cause she thought he was a handsome ************ compared to his wolf form when she first saw him.

Seriously, they should've just named Midna Zelda in Twilight Princess, what a lame-ass role. No wonder they tagged Sheik with her in Brawl...

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I am hoping that Marth gets his Awakening design as an alternate costume...

"Shion"

Smash Ace
NNID
Shion_Sensei
I'm hoping for a more drastic change to the alternate colors.

More colors would be a nice touch, especially for the 'customization' option were gonna get.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I am hoping that Marth gets his Awakening design as an alternate costume...
I can see it happening. Does Marth have a Great Lord design?
Truth be told I have never played any of Marth's lead FE games, so idk if he has a Great Lord outfit like Ike or Chrom

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Oh yeah, I also prefer SS Zelda over TP Zelda if that wasn't noticed in my last post.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I think that we might start getting realistic-looking veterans now... the first five veterans shown on the SSB4 website are cartoony... maybe the next four veterans might be Zelda, Ganondorf, Zero Suit Samus, and Captain Falcon...

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I had a hunch that we were going to get a character last night because of how much time had passed but, in all honesty, I thought it was going to be Wario. Tomorrow's update is probably going to be Marth doing a random thing but, hey, we got three new things in the very first week of the month so it'll be hard to be disappointed if it turns out to be filler.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
They should just stop with the sucky updates and give us characters every week.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
God forbid that we'll see Peach all over characters like Chrom or Takamaru. Sakurai is having a little too much fun messing around with the shipping fandom.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I frankly forgot about Takamaru altogheter. He's far less hyped now than pre-E3 trailer.

Is this causing Habanero to become ever increasingly bitter to?

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I want to see more newcomers. The newcomer/veteran ratio was 1:3 at E3 2013... but Peach made it 1:4... and now Marth made it 1:5... :(
The public roster count is pretty big as of right now. I think we have almost half of Brawl's existing roster now.
And we are like what? 5 months post reveal. That's loads compared to when Brawl was in development.

At this rate we might have the whole roster in the next 6 to 7 months. Hopefully, this is tied to how far SSB4 is coming along in development.

I literally can't wait for this game.

C-can't wait...

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I can wait for newcomers especially with the promise that they'll each get cinematic trailers. For now I want to see my remaining four favorite veterans (Ness, Ice Climbers, Dedede, and Wario) return.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I frankly forgot about Takamaru altogheter. He's far less hyped now than pre-E3 trailer.

Is this causing Habanero to become ever increasingly bitter to?
At least there's his anniversary in mid March to look forward to. After all, Shin Onigashima is on the Virtual Console out of all Japan exclusive games. That would be the perfect time to add Nazo no Murasame-Jo and for Sakurai to reveal him.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
At least there's his anniversary in mid March to look forward to. After all, Shin Onigashima is on the Virtual Console out of all Japan exclusive games. That would be the perfect time to add Nazo no Murasame-Jo and for Sakurai to reveal him.
Didn't know that. There are tons of retro characters Sakurai could have chose for this new Sm4sh, I want them all... But Mach Rider especially. Too bad his chances are very slim.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Truth be told I have never played any of Marth's lead FE games, so idk if he has a Great Lord outfit like Ike or Chrom

Nope. He has a regular lord design only, in his games he doesn't promote like Ike (who ironically only promotes to lord in PoR and Vangaurd in RD, not Great Lord) and Chrom can. However in FEA he does get an alternitive exclusive class that is known as the Lodestar class however. /fireemblemfreak

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I had a hunch that we were going to get a character last night because of how much time had passed but, in all honesty, I thought it was going to be Wario. Tomorrow's update is probably going to be Marth doing a random thing but, hey, we got three new things in the very first week of the month so it'll be hard to be disappointed if it turns out to be filler.
What's funny is that I brought back Marht with the Never Ending Story in the backroom last night and now she's back!

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
The public roster count is pretty big as of right now. I think we have almost half of Brawl's existing roster now.
And we are like what? 5 months post reveal. That's loads compared to when Brawl was in development.

At this rate we might have the whole roster in the next 6 to 7 months. Hopefully, this is tied to how far SSB4 is coming along in development.
I just came up with this theory/prediction/whatever...

June 2013 (E3 2013) - Mario, Donkey Kong, Link, Samus, Kirby, Fox, Pikachu, Bowser, Pit, Villager, Mega Man, Wii Fit Trainer
July 2013 - Olimar
August 2013 - Luigi
September 2013 - Peach, Toon Link
October 2013 - Sonic
November 2013 - Marth

Let's assume that two veterans are shown within the same month every three months till E3 2014...

December 2013 - 2 veterans
January 2014 - 1 veteran
February 2014 - 1 veteran
March 2014 - 2 veterans
April 2014 - 1 veteran
May 2014 - 1 veteran

June 2014 (E3 2014) - Sakurai finally shows us some more newcomers

Based on this theory/prediction/whatever, we might see 8 more veterans before E3 2014...

My 8 veterans are... Meta Knight, Mr. Game & Watch, Wario, Zero Suit Samus (I pick these four because of the whiteboard art Sakurai posted on Twitter), Diddy Kong, Yoshi, Zelda (I pick these three because they have upcoming games), and finally Ness (just to be random and to retroactively advertise EarthBound on the Wii U Virtual Console and because the whiteboard art had a Mr. Saturn).

Zink Imp

Smash Ace
So...everyone on the whiteboard drawing way back in should be in, right?
Wario, Meta Knight, Game and Watch, ZSS, and possibly Ness/Lucas?

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Like mimgrim said, Marth doesn't promote in any of his games(he does have a higher than normal level cap in the DS games though). However, it's conceivable that he could get alts based on his DLC look or his classic(FE3) look.
[collapse="DLC"]
[/collapse]
[collapse="FE3"]
[/collapse]
Or he could get Pantsless Marth from FE1 as an alt

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
So...everyone on the whiteboard drawing way back in should be in, right?
Wario, Meta Knight, Game and Watch, ZSS, and possibly Ness/Lucas?
It's safe to assume since all of them are super obvious. I'd argue that Captain Falcon, King Dedede, Jigglypuff, Yoshi, Diddy Kong, and Zelda are virtually guaranteed too. This being said, I can see them picking up the pace of character reveals once the new year kicks off unless (god forbid) this turns out to be a Q4 2014 release...

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Nope. He has a regular lord design only, in his games he doesn't promote like Ike (who ironically only promotes to lord in PoR and Vangaurd in RD, not Great Lord) and Chrom can. However in FEA he does get an alternitive exclusive class that is known as the Lodestar class however. /fireemblemfreak
Thanks. Something like this?

Speaking of Ike, i really hope he gets updated to his Radiant Dawn look....if he gets in

June 2013 (E3 2013) - Mario, Donkey Kong, Link, Samus, Kirby, Fox, Pikachu, Bowser, Pit, Villager, Mega Man, Wii Fit Trainer
July 2013 - Olimar
August 2013 - Luigi
October 2013 - Sonic
November 2013 - Marth

Let's assume that two veterans are shown within the same month every three months till E3 2014...

January 2014 - 1 veteran
March 2014 - 2 veterans
April 2014 - 1 veteran
May 2014 - 1 veteran

Based on this theory/prediction/whatever, we might see 8 more veterans before E3 2014...

My 8 veterans are... Meta Knight, Mr. Game & Watch, Wario, Zero Suit Samus (I pick these four because of the whiteboard art Sakurai posted on Twitter), Diddy Kong, Yoshi, Zelda (I pick these three because they have upcoming games), and finally Ness (just to be random and to retroactively advertise EarthBound on the Wii U Virtual Console and because the whiteboard art had a Mr. Saturn).
I can buy into this, and a possible release August-September.

I was hoping we might get a newcomer and a veteran or 2 revealed for first Nintendo Direct of 2014 as a hype line-up of up coming Wii U/3DS games for that year.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep

July 2013 - Olimar
August 2013 - Luigi
October 2013 - Sonic
November 2013 - Marth

January 2014 - 1 veteran
March 2014 - 2 veterans
April 2014 - 1 veteran
May 2014 - 1 veteran

Stop doing this to yourself. It hurts me to see you like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom