• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Thanks. Something like this?

Speaking of Ike, i really hope he gets updated to his Radiant Dawn look....if he gets in
I'm not 100% sure but that costume look an awful lot like Lucina's wear though.

I would prefer Ike to keep PoR design myself, or switch to lord design in PoR. I didn't really care for RD Ike design wise.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I just came up with this theory/prediction/whatever...

June 2013 (E3 2013) - Mario, Donkey Kong, Link, Samus, Kirby, Fox, Pikachu, Bowser, Pit, Villager, Mega Man, Wii Fit Trainer
July 2013 - Olimar
August 2013 - Luigi
September 2013 - Peach, Toon Link
October 2013 - Sonic
November 2013 - Marth

Let's assume that two veterans are shown within the same month every three months till E3 2014...

December 2013 - 2 veterans
January 2014 - 1 veteran
February 2014 - 1 veteran
March 2014 - 2 veterans
April 2014 - 1 veteran
May 2014 - 1 veteran

June 2014 (E3 2014) - Sakurai finally shows us some more newcomers

Based on this theory/prediction/whatever, we might see 8 more veterans before E3 2014...

My 8 veterans are... Meta Knight, Mr. Game & Watch, Wario, Zero Suit Samus (I pick these four because of the whiteboard art Sakurai posted on Twitter), Diddy Kong, Yoshi, Zelda (I pick these three because they have upcoming games), and finally Ness (just to be random and to retroactively advertise EarthBound on the Wii U Virtual Console and because the whiteboard art had a Mr. Saturn).
Seems plausible, though I'd be kind of wierded out by Dedede not being announced before E3, not to mention Ice Climbers. I don't think the whiteboard art is the end all, be all for this game, it was just a neat piece of artwork, he's likely not laying out reveals just to match a whiteboard drawing. In which case, I'd bump G&W and Ness to post-E3, Ness because Earthbound has an anniversary sometime in August I think. With that Dedede and Ice Climber could get their spots. But on the other hand, that'd be too obvious of Sakurai to do so. Either way, I'm just mumbling here.

Shroob

Sup?
Why are we still talking about the 'obvious' anyhow? Marth represents a nearly year old game in NA/EU and a nearly 3 year old game in JP. At this point, ALL speculation(Not counting new game release speculation obv), is out the window.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I just came up with this theory/prediction/whatever...

June 2013 (E3 2013) - Mario, Donkey Kong, Link, Samus, Kirby, Fox, Pikachu, Bowser, Pit, Villager, Mega Man, Wii Fit Trainer
July 2013 - Olimar
August 2013 - Luigi
September 2013 - Peach, Toon Link
October 2013 - Sonic
November 2013 - Marth

Let's assume that two veterans are shown within the same month every three months till E3 2014...

December 2013 - 2 veterans
January 2014 - 1 veteran
February 2014 - 1 veteran
March 2014 - 2 veterans
April 2014 - 1 veteran
May 2014 - 1 veteran

June 2014 (E3 2014) - Sakurai finally shows us some more newcomers

Based on this theory/prediction/whatever, we might see 8 more veterans before E3 2014...

My 8 veterans are... Meta Knight, Mr. Game & Watch, Wario, Zero Suit Samus (I pick these four because of the whiteboard art Sakurai posted on Twitter), Diddy Kong, Yoshi, Zelda (I pick these three because they have upcoming games), and finally Ness (just to be random and to retroactively advertise EarthBound on the Wii U Virtual Console and because the whiteboard art had a Mr. Saturn).
Wouldn't be surprised if Sakurai followed really closely to this pattern. Have a feeling we're going to see less new characters going into SSB4 than previous games. Might be a positive thing if all of the new characters are hidden while veterans -- for the most part -- are available from the start.

Shroob

Sup?
Now, the question is, if Zelda, and this is if, she gets revealed for ALBW, which date would they choose? Ours or theirs?

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Just noticed something about Marth: While his design is based off his Fire Emblem: New Mystery of the Emblem – Heroes of Light and Darkness appearance, his sword the Falchion is not (it's more based off of what he's been known for in Melee/Brawl):
Just an FYI.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Now that Marth's out of the way, these are the remaining veteran's I'm excited to see:

- Ganondorf (will he get his magic tennis ball o' energy?)
- Metaknight (one of my favorite characters.)
- Mewtwo (return of the king.)
- Ness (Saturn Valley.)
- R.O.B (so the haters can go kick a rock.)

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Just noticed something about Marth: While his design is based off his Fire Emblem: New Mystery of the Emblem – Heroes of Light and Darkness apperance, his sword the Falchion is not (it's more based off of what he's been know for in Melee/Brawl:

Just an FYI.
The sword in his Fe11/12 art isn't the Falchion.
[collapse="FE12 Falchion"]
[/collapse]

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Didn't know that. There are tons of retro characters Sakurai could have chose for this new Sm4sh, I want them all... But Mach Rider especially. Too bad his chances are very slim.
Well feel free to give up, but I for one sure won't give up since many things in regards to him have been happening for a good reason. Why did Nintendo choose him of all more popular Nintendo characters to be in Samurai Warriors 3? Why did Nazo no Murasame-Jo of all franchises were repped in Nintendo Land (despite being a reskinned Wii U 2011 tech demo)? Why does the head of Platinum Games want to work on not only Star Fox (which he canceled later due to annoying fans), but also Nazo no Murasame-Jo? It's a good sign that Nintendo still has a soft spot for that game despite being a commercial failure in Japan and garnering a small fanbase. Sure he's just a swordsman (he's been getting a lot of hate on Gamefaqs for this reason), but he could add in a great moveset and archetype in terms of the Japanese side of Nintendo. In the end, it all goes down to whether The King of Trolls Sakurai wants to add him or not. I had faith in the bushido warrior since pre-Brawl and I will still have faith for him up until Smash 4's release.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Glad to finally see Marth was confirmed.

Now to just keep waiting for a character of mine. Like Dedede, G&W, or YOSHI.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Well feel free to give up, but I for one sure won't give up since many things in regards to him have been happening for a good reason. Why did Nintendo choose him of all more popular Nintendo characters to be in Samurai Warriors 3? Why did Nazo no Murasame-Jo of all franchises were repped in Nintendo Land (despite being a reskinned Wii U 2011 tech demo)? Why does the head of Platinum Games want to work on not only Star Fox (which he canceled later due to annoying fans), but also Nazo no Murasame-Jo? It's a good sign that Nintendo still has a soft spot for that game despite being a commercial failure in Japan and garnering a small fanbase. Sure he's just a swordsman (he's been getting a lot of hate on Gamefaqs for this reason), but he could add in a great moveset and archetype in terms of the Japanese side of Nintendo. In the end, it all goes down to whether The King of Trolls Sakurai wants to add him or not. I had faith in the bushido warrior since pre-Brawl and I will still have faith for him up until Smash 4's release.
I was talking about Mach Rider. I do think that Takamaru has more chances but not that many more anyway.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Wouldn't be surprised if Sakurai followed really closely to this pattern. Have a feeling we're going to see less new characters going into SSB4 than previous games. Might be a positive thing if all of the new characters are hidden while veterans -- for the most part -- are available from the start.
Argh!! I avoided using the P word... and now you mentioned "pattern"... now Sakurai is going to prove my theory wrong just to make people go "oh, there's no patterns!" :troll:

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Why did Nintendo choose him of all more popular Nintendo characters to be in Samurai Warriors 3? Why did Nazo no Murasame-Jo of all franchises were repped in Nintendo Land (despite being a reskinned Wii U 2011 tech demo)?
Probably because there aren't very many Nintendo properties that fit the samurai/ninja theme. I think their selection had more to do with finding a game that best fit the game's theme, and not the other way around.

Argh!! I avoided using the P word... and now you mentioned "pattern"... now Sakurai is going to prove my theory wrong just to make people go "oh, there's no patterns!" :troll:
Coincidences? Haphazard events with slight elements of reason?

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
I was talking about Mach Rider. I do think that Takamaru has more chances but not that many more anyway.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I'm not 100% sure but that costume look an awful lot like Lucina's wear though.

I would prefer Ike to keep PoR design myself, or switch to lord design in PoR. I didn't really care for RD Ike design wise.
I looked it up on Google and I found a Brawl mod of the design. I didn't find any Awakening in game screens of the design.
and I agree, Ike's Radiant Dawn > PoR

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Perhaps the same could be said of all fanbases.
Your words are as empty as your soul. Mankind ill needs a savior such as you.

Sorry, the wording of what you said reminded me of Castlevania. :laugh:

Anyway, Jigglypuff reveal would be great because of all of the people saying she'll be cut.

mimgrim

Smash Hero

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
From what I've heard there was a good amount of people saying that Marth would be cut in favor of Chrom. I can't tell you how happy I am that the naysayers have been put in their place.

As for the next veteran reveal, I'd love to see Jigglypuff or Ike.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
From what I've heard there was a good amount of people saying that Marth would be cut in favor of Chrom. I can't tell you how happy I am that the naysayers have been put in their place.
You're barking up the wrong tree, dude. They were saying Ike would be replaced in favor of Chrom. Not Marth. In Marth's case, some people were hoping for Lucina or that she'd at least be an Alt.

Seriously, I hate it when people get all stuck up and pretentious by saying people have been "put in their place" just because they got something they wanted and others didn't. It's just a game. Is that really necessary? -.o

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

Seriously, I hate it when people get all stuck up and pretentious by saying people have been "put in their place" just because they got something they wanted and others didn't. It's just a game. Is that really necessary? -.o
It's not that it's something I wanted that others didn't, I only meant to refer to those who said Marth would definitely be cut/replaced.

EDIT: Post didn't go through the first time...or the second... third time's the charm.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
It's not that it's something I wanted that others didn't, I only meant to refer to those who said Marth would definitely be cut/replaced.

EDIT: Post didn't go through the first time...or the second... third time's the charm.
Third time? You got lucky. Most of us have to try 6 or 7 times. XD

And I'll admit, I was unsure about Marth. He's one of my mains, so if I do get this game I'd prefer him to be there, but I wasn't sure if Sakurai cared enough to bring him back. Glad to see he did. <3

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Third time? You got lucky. Most of us have to try 6 or 7 times. XD

And I'll admit, I was unsure about Marth. He's one of my mains, so if I do get this game I'd prefer him to be there, but I wasn't sure if Sakurai cared enough to bring him back. Glad to see he did. <3
I actually had to try posting 10 times at one point. Usually though I have to try 4 times or less.

I'm really hoping the posting issues get fixed soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom