• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChickenWing13

Smash Lord
NNID
Frosty93
The 3DS one is vaguely similar to the pose he makes in the Shadow Dragon artwork. Though his head is facing the wrong way.

Possibly a new idle animation to go with his new look?
Perhaps something caught his eye..

@2nd pic
Looks like Michael Jackson with a cape

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I like how the 3DS version is more colorful. Good design choice. With that and the outlines the characters will really pop out. If it looked like Brawl, they'd all be so small and DESATURATED OR WHATEVER that they'd blur into the background probably.

Also Marth is almost as pretty as my lady... his nose... makes me think of hers... I just want to... rub my nose against it...

I think the outlines actually look good on the characters for the 3DS.

Don't know why. Just me I guess

EDIT : Marth's revelation was surprising or out of no where as said a lot of times. I don't think this guy is Marth. He looks considerably more male than before. I mean, he still looks like that Martha person in Brawl but, he looks more MALE.

Ghirahim is jelly

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
So far everyone announced has been used to promote something. I find it weird that they chose Marth to promote Fire Emblem Awakening despite being nearly two years old in Japan and almost a year old everywhere else. I guess it's to try to push more copies of the game during the holiday season which makes me suspect that Wario may be announced soon to push Game and Wario despite coming out in the summer.

ChickenWing13

Smash Lord
NNID
Frosty93
I like how the 3DS version is more colorful. Good design choice. With that and the outlines the characters will really pop out. If it looked like Brawl, they'd all be so small and DESATURATED OR WHATEVER that they'd blur into the background probably.

Also Marth is almost as pretty as my lady... his nose... makes me think of hers... I just want to... rub my nose against it...
****** kisses with Marth? Sounds legit.

Just as long as ICs don't hate you for jockin they swag. You WILL get chain grabbed and you will die.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Curiously enough, the Japanese Smash Bros. site links to the page of Fire Emblem: New Mystery of the Emblem, instead of Awakening.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
^ Indeed- but that was again JPN-only... explains why Marth's release had Awakening in the international sites. (Why advertise his crappy remake)

Lost love?

I want to rub my face on Marth's here though, what a bish my main has become~

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412

Lawd Jeezus dat cape!

Nice to see that they fixed Lucina's man jaw. :troll:

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Marth confirmed early? Cool. Still doesn't solve the problems with FE talk though. :rolleyes:

Also I told everyone they'd go with his FE11/12 design instead of his FE13 design. lol

Sobreviviente

Smash Lord
Marth's reveal caught everyone completely off-guard. This needs to be said.

I actually got this.
The most well known nintendo franchises (who are veterans in smash) are the 8 principals on smash64 + FE - yoshi (take that yoshi lovers).
We had all those franchises except FE, so, i think he was the natural choise.

Im not saying i expected him, i was waiting for zelda, but really makes sense for me.

ChickenWing13

Smash Lord
NNID
Frosty93
I actually got this.
The most well known nintendo franchises (who are veterans in smash) are the 8 principals on smash64 + FE - yoshi (take that yoshi lovers).
We had all those franchises except FE, so, i think he was the natural choise.

Im not saying i expected him, i was waiting for zelda, but really makes sense for me.
Well going by this logic i can assume Ness will be revealed as well since Earthbound was no longer a franchise for us =P

Aduross

Smash Apprentice
This gave me further shock this morning when I checked the dojo. Good to see Marth return! He's lookin' quite snazzy this time around. Still really likin' the art style of this game.

Kind of makes me wonder though, if there are going to be hidden character this time around. It's been brought up before, with Luigi and Toon Link. Luigi made sense with it being the Year of Luigi. Maybe we'll get the whole roster before the game releases (not counting it getting leaked of course).

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
We got the blueberry prince back (surprise), but to me, it doesn't really mean anything. The roster is young, and nothing has been revealed that really gets me hyped other than new Bowser and mega man.

Although I will say this: Marth was defiantly a random reveal. Didn't see him coming in recent times.

EDIT: I'm gonna be online today on Pokemon. Gonna try and get good stuff on Wonder Trade. I might battle some, too.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I see everyone is lustful towards Marth. Doesn't really surprise me in the slightest, but hey I'm not complaining.

He's my boyfriend not yours **** off I'll kill you.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Since he is used as a promo character for FE: Awakening, I wonder if this hurts Chrom's chances...
I hope Lyn or Roy with a revised moveset gets in along with Ike.

None the less i love his cape and hair.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Marth! Well, there's my favorite character back. He looks soooo much better with that New Mystery of the Emblem design. Easily one of the most impressive looking characters.

Fun fact: Marth's reveal marks the third instance a character has been revealed that was previously hidden in Brawl.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Since he is used as a promo character for FE: Awakening, I wonder if this hurts Chrom's chances...
I hope Lyn or Roy with a revised moveset gets in along with Ike.

None the less i love his cape and hair.
Let me put it this way; Chrom's chances never really were riding on Marth coming back. This means absolutely nothing at all. Also, on the Japanese version of the site, Marth is showing off Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon, meaning that it's only in America he's showing off the latest game(and possibly some other regions too). So it seriously has zero bearing on it, and Chrom's chances were never even likely or unlikely. There's nothing to say about anyone besides Ike, Roy, or Lyn at this point and time. They all have character models in Brawl, and moving ones through Smash history. This means that making them playable is the easiest. Anybody besides them is entirely up in the air.

Sakurai might not even ask who to put in and could go with any of those 3, and possibly just Ike and Roy like he wanted to have in Brawl(along with Marth, obviously). Or he could go Ike and Lyn. Or Roy and Lyn. Or even Chrom and Lyn for all we know. Or to put it another way; There is nothing likely about anyone at this time. At least not yet. No statements from Sakurai or Intelligent Systems either. Or Nintendo. I don't expect anything specific, and for good reasons.

Oniric Spriter

Smash Ace
Wow dat Marth.

I knew this art style was going to make him look prettier though, watching what happened to Link and Pit, and eventually if she comes back, Zero Suit Samus.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Let me put it this way; Chrom's chances never really were riding on Marth coming back. This means absolutely nothing at all. Also, on the Japanese version, Marth is showing off Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon, meaning that it's only in America he's showing off the latest game(and possibly some other regions too). So it seriously has zero bearing on it, and Chrom's chances were never even likely or unlikely. There's nothing to say about anyone besides Ike, Roy, or Lyn at this point and time. They all have character models in Brawl, and moving ones through Smash history. This means that making them playable is the easiest. Anybody besides them is entirely up in the air.

Sakurai might not even ask who to put in and could go with any of those 3, and possibly just Ike and Roy like he wanted to have in Brawl(along with Marth, obviously). Or he could go Ike and Lyn. Or Roy and Lyn. Or even Chrom and Lyn for all we know. Or to put it another way; There is nothing likely about anyone at this time. At least not yet. No statements from Sakurai or Intelligent Systems either. Or Nintendo. I don't expect anything specific, and for good reasons.
I wasn't connecting Marth's reveal with Chrom's chances, because we all knew he would return:

But rather, I was connecting the fact that Fire Emblem: Awakening was used as the promo game for his reveal, to be the reason for hurting Chrom's chances.

While it is possible that multiple characters could be tied to a single game's release, I question why would they use Marth to promote the game that Chrom was the lead protagonist in. Especially, as you mentioned, some regions have Fire Emblem: Ankoku Ryū to Hikari no Tsurugi/Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon as the promo game.

It's also worth noting that Peach is now used as a promo character for Super Mario 3D World. I think it will definitely have a similar effect on characters like Toad.

But, your points are valid and offer perspective on the other side of the coin.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I wasn't connecting Marths reveal with Chrom's chances, because we all knew he would return:

I was connecting the fact that Fire Emblem: Awakening was used as the promo game for his reveal, to be the reason for hurting Chrom's chances.
While it is possible that multiple characters could be tied to a game's release, i question why would they use Marth to promote the game that Chrom was the protagonist. Especially, as you mentioned, some regions have Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon as the promo game
It's also worth noting that Peach is now used as a promo character for Super Mario 3D World.
Isn't the latest game in Japan Shadow Dragon(VC I presume)? That's something that Chrom isn't in. Latest game that Marth is in in America? Awakening. It makes perfect sense to advertise their latest appearance per the region.

So... yeah, that's simply why he's promoting Awakening in America(and other ones where it's the latest game, possibly). No more, no less.

Either way, still has zip to do with Chrom here. If he's even considered, he could get in at any time. Could be to promote any Fire Emblem game, could be on the release of SMTxFE even. Or to promote it in general if he's in the game.(meaning it could be before the game is released, and not even a Nintendo Direct)

I don't think this has any relevance to Chrom's chances. Which were never definable as likely or unlikely anyway.

And this is coming from a guy who doesn't even support him, but I never saw him as specifically notable by default either. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if he makes it regardless of this. Sakurai is too unpredictable to tell.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Isn't the latest game in Japan Shadow Dragon(VC I presume)? That's something that Chrom isn't in. Latest game that Marth is in in America? Awakening. It makes perfect sense to advertise their latest appearance per the region.
Again, Marth's JP page advertises FE12, NOT Shadow Dragon.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412

So... yeah, that's simply why he's promoting Awakening in America(and other ones where it's the latest game, possibly). No more, no less.

Either way, still has zip to do with Chrom here. If he's even considered, he could get in at any time. Could be to promote any Fire Emblem game, could be on the release of SMTxFE even. Or to promote it in general if he's in the game.(meaning it could be before the game is released, and not even a Nintendo Direct)

I don't think this has any relevance to Chrom's chances. Which were never definable as likely or unlikely anyway.

And this is coming from a guy who doesn't even support him, but I never saw him as specifically notable by default either. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if he makes it regardless of this. Sakurai is too unpredictable to tell.
Well Shadow Dragon was released outside of Japan in 2007, so the game is offered in America. And I don't think Shadow Dragon is offered on the VC yet.

I'm just saying, they would of at least held off using Fire Emblem: Awakening to promote Chrom and stick to using Shadow Dragon across all regions to promote Marth.

Sandbag confirmed
Fixed. Safe to say all of these items will make it in....or were meant to be in at some point in the games development.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Pretty easy to miss this. When I never saw your post.

That's his latest game in Japan, right?
Not counting Awakening DLC, yes.
Well Shadow Dragon was released outside of Japan in 2007, so the game is offered in America. And I don't think Shadow Dragon is offered on the VC yet.
Dark Dragon and the Sword of Light(AKA FE1) is on both the Wii and 3DS virtual consoles in Japan.
I'm just saying, they would of at least held off using Fire Emblem: Awakening to promote Chrom and stick to using Shadow Dragon across all regions to promote Marth.
The problem with that is that nobody liked Shadow Dragon, plus it's not Marth's most recent game in Japan. It's also almost half a decade old.
Sandbag was an item?
In Brawl, yes. He was real helpful in CD factories. :laugh:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

Fixed. Safe to say all of these items will make it in....or were meant to be in at some point in the games development.
Wasn't Shadow Dragon. Read Shipichu's post. A different game. But anyway, latest in America that Marth was in being promoted? Makes sense.

Sandbag was an item?
In Brawl, yes.

...Severely Sheik'd(who's the best ninja ever).

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Dark Dragon and the Sword of Light(AKA FE1) is on both the Wii and 3DS virtual consoles in Japan.
Good to know for future reference.
The problem with that is that nobody liked Shadow Dragon, plus it's not Marth's most recent game in Japan. It's also almost half a decade old.
Well liking a game is subjective, because i hear a lot of people hated Other M. Yet, we have Samus updated to her Other M design as well as a Other M stage.
Wasn't Shadow Dragon. Read Shipichu's post. A different game. But anyway, latest in America that Marth was in being promoted? Makes sense.
Yeah, I saw. However, while Marth was heavily reference in the story of Awakening, he is still DLC. They also had the option of leaving the American promo game blank until Nintendo decided to re-release Shadow Dragon on VC/eShop.

Just saying the 1 game to tie Chrom to was Awakening. Assuming that they tie one character to one game, why would they use up Awakening?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Well liking a game is subjective, because i hear a lot of people hated Other M. Yet, we have Samus updated to her Other M design as well as a Other M stage.
Notably, it's fairly disliked in Japan as well.

Yeah, I saw. However, while Marth was heavily reference in the story of Awakening, he is still DLC. They also had the option of leaving the American promo game blank until Nintendo decided to re-release Shadow Dragon on VC/eShop.
Or do it this way since Sakurai possibly wasn't sure who to add besides Marth so far?

Just saying the 1 game to tie Chrom to was Awakening. Assuming that they tie one character to one game, why would they use up Awakening?
Because it's Marth's latest appearance. And who says more than one character can't represent/promote the same game anyway? I don't remember this being any actual rule... I think this is assuming way too much without anything to back it up.

Now, if Sakurai said something like that, sure, I'd see an issue. But what would happen if Chrom is in SMTxFE as well?(I forget, is he even confirmed?) Wouldn't it make more sense for him to promote that since he might be added later if at all? My guess is that besides Marth, the FE choices aren't anywhere near thought out yet, so the obvious showing up early enough to show that Sakurai still cares about FE was worthwhile enough. Especially to promote his latest appearance per the region.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom