• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I dunno if I ever played Crossfire the way it was meant to. I had it, and like, I remember once my friend and I set up those little Digimon toys on the board and we took turns knocking them down and I guess whoever killed the most won. SkullGreymon was undefeatable though. Sometimes he would catch the balls too. A true monster.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I dunno if I ever played Crossfire the way it was meant to. I had it, and like, I remember once my friend and I set up those little Digimon toys on the board and we took turns knocking them down and I guess whoever killed the most won. SkullGreymon was undefeatable though. Sometimes he would catch the balls too. A true monster.
No, I think you got it right

They are totally shooting Mamemon in the commercial

Edit: I totally looked up his name just to make sure I got it right and I STILL spelled it wrong...

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
You clearly played it the only way it was meant to be played.

Any and every way possible, because in the end, you both still got caught up in it.

That is the true majesty of Crossfire. ¦(

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
My friends and I would do something similar. Except it was Pokemon toys with metal ball rollers from underneath them and we slid them against the hardwood floor to knock our Pokemon ranks over.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
I never liked Beyblade, Bakugan, any of that ish

in all honesty, I didn't even like trading card games, not even Pokemon or Yu-Gi-Oh

I know I know lol

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
That being said, until both the 3DS release in North America and Dec. 5th roll by without any sign of Pac-Man, there is no reason to lash out at people for saying there could still be a coinciding reveal.
I think he's more lashing out at the people who are saying we WILL get a reveal no matter what. Which is what irks me more about Pac-man than anything else honestly(the whole "this character is inevitable why aren't you supporting him wtf is wrong with you").

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I think he's more lashing out at the people who are saying we WILL get a reveal no matter what. Which is what irks me more about Pac-man than anything else honestly(the whole "this character is inevitable why aren't you supporting him wtf is wrong with you").
Pac-Man sucks and shouldn't be in Smash. Neither should he be expected like it's 100% guranteed he's gonna make it.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I wouldn't count out a corresponding Mii and Pac-Man reveal yet, but I think some people underrate their chances because they are to of the most hated LIKELY newcomers on Smashboards.
Mii and Pac-Man could easily be announced some other time anyway. You can tell Sakurai is trying to stay away from newcomers, although I'm sure he's tempted.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Mega Man, Villager, Wii Fit Trainer, Pac-Man and Mii...

Whoa, what the hell happened with actual cool newcomers as Bowser, Mewtwo, Ganondorf, Ike, Diddy, Lucario and MetaKnight man.

That would be my reaction.

And, I would lose a lot of hype.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Pac-Man sucks and shouldn't be in Smash.
Way to miss the point of my post. I don't like Pac-Man that much, and I think his supporters overstate his importance, but if he did get in it wouldn't be the end of the world.
Mega Man, Villager, Wii Fit Trainer, Pac-Man and Mii...
You forgot Little Mac.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Wii Fit Trainer and Villager are pretty hype worthy as well. If Mii and Pacman were presented in the right way, I'm sure I'd be hype for them as well.

Mr.Universe

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1864-9620-1149
I don't even care who else gets revealed if Little Mac makes it in, but I believe that any newcome can generate hype if revealed correctly, even Pac-Man or Miis. The real question is would their moveset live up to their hype?

Also, this unrelated to everything but seeing Sudowoodo in a Trevenant horde is too freaking funny.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I'm not picky on who gets in but the more who are on my wishlist get in the better. It's just a shame that Balloon Fighter, my most wanted, seems very unlikely due to a move Villager can do in this game. :(

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Well you already know who I desire, but I wont get into how much I want Palutena in.

I can't say I'd be happy bout the Mii or Pac Man thing, moreso the first one. Little Mac I'm okay with, but I always wonder what size they'd scale him to. I can't really see him be as little as Kirby's size, but maybe just a bit taller, but definitely shorter than Mario at least.

As for Pokemon-related stuff. I'm curious bout what moves a Fennekin can learn via breeding besides Hypnosis and Wish. It's apparently in the Field Egg group.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
As the 5th generation of pokemon comes to a close we enter the 6th, and with it a host of new Pokemon including three new starters. Starters with very different playstyles. We have Greninja who's offensive power is devastating and swift. Chesnaught, who can shrug off hits like they are nothing. And Delphox who is good at literally nothing. Sorry Delphox.
Read this over at Serebii. Lol... This is exactly why I don't go there for discussion.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm not a fan of Delphox, but if I decided to reset one of my games, which I'm considering, I'll start with one to test it out

Edit: So far I started with the best nature for Greninja AND Chesnaught

I assume Delphox is Modest? Or Timid

Oniric Spriter

Smash Ace
I'm not a fan of Delphox, but if I decided to reset one of my games, which I'm considering, I'll start with one to test it out

Edit: So far I started with the best nature for Greninja AND Chesnaught

I assume Delphox is Modest? Or Timid
If I were you I would go for modest.

On another note:
Damn, it looks really neat.

Morbi

Scavenger
Because the designs of the Pokemon arent of your- of your- tastes, they're likely fake? :I
Yes, they aren't necessarily consistent the traditional Pokemon design. It was mostly a joke, but I do honestly think they are fake. A few things like the positioning of the models and their levels (4 is really random). Not to mention, if they were in the code, it wouldn't be speculation. Everyone would know about them. So yes, I think they are fake and it mostly has to do with the horrible design. When they make Pokemon, especially legendary Pokemon, they try and keep it consistent and appealing to a large demographic. The typing of the water/fire one also seems like a pipe dream. It just seems to antithetical. However, I will give you that I am just dismissing the idea because I don't like them. I do have other reasons though.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Oh god, Morbid is on. XD;

Welp, I better go hide and come back later after he's liked everything I've posted for the past few days. ¦D

Morbi

Scavenger
Oh god, Morbid is on. XD;

Welp, I better go hide and come back later after he's liked everything I've posted for the past few days. ¦D
Not going to happen, I hate you now. You never added me, do you know how that makes me feel? I will probably commit suicide or something.

What is in your safari that is SO special that you keep it from your good pal, Morbid?

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Yes, they aren't necessarily consistent the traditional Pokemon design. It was mostly a joke, but I do honestly think they are fake. A few things like the positioning of the models and their levels (4 is really random). Not to mention, if they were in the code, it wouldn't be speculation. Everyone would know about them. So yes, I think they are fake and it mostly has to do with the horrible design. When they make Pokemon, especially legendary Pokemon, they try and keep it consistent and appealing to a large demographic. The typing of the water/fire one also seems like a pipe dream. It just seems to antithetical. However, I will give you that I am just dismissing the idea because I don't like them. I do have other reasons though.
You do realize the game has hacked, right? People already managed to change PKX files which is the file for a Pokémon. A simple editing of the file can grant you access to hidden information of the game. You could take a Pikachu and change it to a legendary and have whatever moveset and abilities you want.

I am a bit skeptical about them too, but Pokémon doesn't exactly have a consistent art style which is notable when you compare Haunter with Golurk or Charizard with Pikachu. Pokémon are drawn by several different people and that is reflected on their designs. Ken Sugimori makes the final designs, sure, but there is no such thing as a traditional design.

Also, their types and names are real, as these were leaked with the GTS.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Not going to happen, I hate you now. You never added me, do you know how that makes me feel? I will probably commit suicide or something.

What is in your safari that is SO special that you keep it from your good pal, Morbid?

And I added you WEEKS ago! XD;

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
First Creepers, now Gorons. What WON'T you hug?

You can't say ME because I saw it coming already and even with just a glance I could see how unfunny it was.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Because people are desperate to be right, I guess. Even though it's a hollow endeavor.
*calls people desperate to be right*

*always needs the last say*

I never said they WOULD be revealed next week, just that it was possible. You're the one ****ting your pants over the slight possibility, coupled with being proven wrong.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
*calls people desperate to be right*

*always needs the last say*

I never said they WOULD be revealed next week, just that it was possible. You're the one ****ting your pants over the slight possibility, coupled with being proven wrong.
Trying to call someone out on always trying to have the last say.

Bringing up an already dead discussion from 2 pages ago that no one was even talking about anymore.

Hypocrisy? What's that? =D

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
First Creepers, now Gorons. What WON'T you hug?

You can't say ME because I saw it coming already and even with just a glance I could see how unfunny it was.
I wouldn't hug a Creeper. I'm dumb, but not that dumb. I've played enough Minecraft to know they don't want a hug.

I love how you jumped to assume that I would hug you. If I hugged you, I'd need a good reason to. They aren't just something you pass around, you know. :awesome:
>Not hugging Gorons.
That's a good idea. Follow Link's way: protect your spinal cord.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I wouldn't hug a Creeper. I'm dumb, but not that dumb. I've played enough Minecraft to know they don't want a hug.

Oh, I'm sure they want MUCH more than that~ ¦3

Also lol dem engrish subs.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Trying to call someone out on always trying to have the last say.

Bringing up an already dead discussion from 2 pages ago that no one was even talking about anymore.

Hypocrisy? What's that? =D
Looks like you are doing the same thing you called Shortie out... and now I am doing the same thing... soon enough someone else is going to call me out.. and the vicious cycle never ends. :dizzy:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
No, what I'm implying is that hugging a Goron is apparently bad. It's like, wow, people want to be pansies and not hug a Goron.
Oh. Well, it is a bad thing. Do you see the size of their arms? Do you think you're going to survive? INB4, "it'd be worth it"

Oh, I'm sure they want MUCH more than that~ ¦3
No ****, why do you think they blow up when they get near you? :troll:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Looks like you are doing the same thing you called Shortie out... and now I am doing the same thing... soon enough someone else is going to call me out.. and the vicious cycle never ends. :dizzy:

Oh. Well, it is a bad thing. Do you see the size of their arms? Do you think you're going to survive? INB4, "it'd be worth it"

No ****, why do you think they blow up when they get near you? :troll:
They can't help it. We just get them so excited that they can't contain themselves and have to give themselves relief by simply expelling out everything they have pent up inside until there's nothing left but bliss, calmness and satisfaction in the end.

Well, at least until they respawn, anyway. ¦D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom