• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Universe

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1864-9620-1149
Musical Spoiler Warning :

Best legendary battle theme ?

Best legendary battle theme.
All of the music in X and Y is great. Especially the Team Flare Boss Theme.

Also, in regards to characters, I use characters from series I like, and based on play style.

I mained Pikachu and Pokemon Trainer because, I just love Pokemon. However, most of my other mains/secondaries are from games I've never played. In matter of fact, in some cases I liked the character's playstyle so much, I actually went to buy their game. So I don't mind if SSB4 doesn't have all the newcomers I want, as long as a good deal of them are fun to play as!

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
How many Marth players have played Fire Emblem?
He's actually the most mained character in Smash from Melee to Brawl. Hey, at least I've played it :D
Probably something to do with his physical attractiveness and swordsmanship. He flows nicely.
I liked Corneria
Sector Z master race.
Aura is the energy that surrounds a person, not inside a person.
My father and sister can see people's aura, so I think I'm justified when I say that the aura is all encompassing inside a person as well as around.
Basically, electromagnetic body field if you don't want to be spiritual about it in addition. I like both.

D

Deleted member

First, did you use that snes analogy or the gameboy analogy?
Those games are nt just commercial products, they are really fun and the most popular Nintendo games, that's why they are advertised so heavily,
The 3ds and ds are completely different products
Like the wii U and wii
If by analogy you meant a relationship of resemblance or equivalence between two objects, especially when used as a basis for explanation or extrapolation, then yes I did.

DS and 3DS aren't that different if you look closely. 3DS has the same buttons than the original DS, and includes a slide pad, a gyroscope, the 3D effect and a 16:9 screen.

I agree though about the Wii U, which still use Wii games and accessories however.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
He's actually the most mained character in Smash from Melee to Brawl. Hey, at least I've played it :D
Probably something to do with his physical attractiveness and swordsmanship. He flows nicely.
Which really just proves my point. It's not always about who's who in a game like Smash. It can be how they play or how they look to someone who's never heard of them.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
I might be alone on this...
No Sir, Of course not.

Loved SM64, its what drew me to pick Mario instead of more capable characters; even as I Iost interest in the Mario games I found that I still enjoyed Mario's play-style.

I can't say the same for Shiek; I was surprised at how much utility I found while playing as her. I was never really interested in the Zelda games, I tried Link and Zelda for fun, but they didn't have much staying power with me.

I didn't even pick up Shiek until P:M, its amazing what a separate Icon can do

but I strongly disliked Wario's moveset in Brawl because it was made up of random stuff from WarioWare games.
QFT. His structure as a fighter hardly makes him interesting.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I've often found that I'll play a character for three reasons.

1. My Favorites: Luigi, Falco

2. Favorite Movesets: Mr.G&W, Pokemon Trainer, Fox, Luigi

3. Quirky and New: Pit.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I have, and ironically Marth is less effective in Fire Emblem then Super Smash Bros. The main reason being that he cannot be promoted, meaning he's hindered by lower stats. The Falchion somewhat compensates for that, but you get that weapon fairly late.

PSIguy89

Smash Ace
NNID
PSIguy89
3DS FC
3222-5969-7044
All the characters I play are from games i played and enjoyed. I love how Olimar's moveset is based upon the reliance of his Pikmin crew, just as he does in the game. I play characters like Yoshi, not because of their movesets, but because i like the character.
I might be alone on this...
Moon, I love ya! I feel the exact same way! obvious I love the mother series, so I main Ness throughout to reflect that. all of my secondaries are pkmn characters because I love that series too! basically even if the character is low tier I will still put forth an honest effort to learn them. looking forward, I love myself some animal crossing so I will probably be trying out Villager too!

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Which really just proves my point. It's not always about who's who in a game like Smash. It can be how they play or how they look to someone who's never heard of them.

Sometimes could be their tier placement for competitive-natured players (it was gonna be said sooner or later). It's partially the sad truth that I know of, but I'm gonna stop myself before I do something wrong.

volbound1700

Smash Master
I wish Nintendo would release remakes of old games. I mean it wouldn't take much of a development team to make an slightly updated Ice Climbers and put it out for Wii U. Sell it as a download for around $20.00. People would buy these games and it would give them more software. They could do the same with F-Zero, Kid Icarus, etc. No need to put massive development into it.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Is it weird that I've been playing Minecraft more than Pokemon? That's weird- that feels weird.

My father and sister can see people's aura, so I think I'm justified when I say that the aura is all encompassing inside a person as well as around.
Basically, electromagnetic body field if you don't want to be spiritual about it in addition. I like both.
It comes from the body. So yeah, I guess that's corrrect

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I think they did do that to KI as far as putting it on the 3ds goes, but idk bout the Wii U. We'll just have to see in the future.

And I gots my Shiny Yanma from an egg, already love it! <3<3<3

Mr.Universe

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1864-9620-1149
I think they did do that to KI as far as putting it on the 3ds goes, but idk bout the Wii U. We'll just have to see in the future.

And I gots my Shiny Yanma from an egg, already love it! <3<3<3
Wait, not only did you get a shiny in the first place, but it was the exact Pokemon you wanted? Wow, that's pretty lucky!

Or a whole lot of breeding.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Last time I got a shiny of a Pokemon I wanted, it was through Action Replay.(trades aside) Now, get a Shiny of a Pokemon with Good IV's, Nature, and the gender you want? Ugh. Gender may be ignored in some cases.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Speaking of Shinies. I got my first Shiny Pokemon today.... :bee:

It's pretty cool although it isn't really a Pokemon I like but ah well. I'll just keep it as some sort of trophy or something....

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Wait, not only did you get a shiny in the first place, but it was the exact Pokemon you wanted? Wow, that's pretty lucky!

Or a whole lot of breeding.

Last time I got a shiny of a Pokemon I wanted, it was through Action Replay.(trades aside) Now, get a Shiny of a Pokemon with Good IV's, Nature, and the gender you want? Ugh. Gender may be ignored in some cases.

Yes, a lot of breeding using that one method with 2 Pokemon from different regions. I am guilty of using Action Replay during the Diamond/Pearl times, but here is different. Here's some tricks I read all over Bulbapedia and Serebii, and believe me I went through a lot of things:

-To get a wild Pokemon to be the nature you prefer: Have a Pokemon with Synchronize (such as Kadabra or Gardevoir) lead your party. Make sure that Pokemon has the nature you prefer, and the wild will have a high chance of being that nature.
-Between the 2 Pokemon you're breeding, make the Pokemon of the nature you want hold an Everstone to greatly increase the chance of the eggs having that same nature, can be male or female.

To get an Everstone or more of em...
1: Have a Pokemon with Compoundeyes (like Yanma or Vivillon) lead your party
2: Go to Reflection Cave
3: Have a Pokemon with Sweet Scent (or use Honey) to attract a Roggenrola horde
4: Switch to a Pokemon with an item-stealing method (like the moves Thief or Covet) on the Roggenrola. Note that Roggenrola may have Hard Stone instead of Everstone

-Get a Pokemon of the opposite gender of your ideal Pokemon from a different region. My example below:
The different region'd Yanma I got was a female, but had the wrong nature. So I had to find my own Modest Male Yanma by using the Synchronize + Sweet Scent combo at Route 10, using Gardevoir and Vespiquen respectively to get the Yanma hordes to appear easily.

After getting the 2 Yanma to breed, simply have a Pokemon with Flame Body (I chose Talonflame mostly, but Larvesta when it happened) to reduce the steps it takes to hatch an egg while on the bike, do it for hours and there comes my shiny Yanma with much of the ideal stuff I wanted. It may take hours or days, depending on luck.
The only thing I was thinking about is that I never battled using a Speed Boost Yanma/Yanmega. I always used Compoundeyes/Tinted Lens respectively. I can work it out though.

All that took days though. I plan on getting a Shiny Fennekin eventually as well.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Speaking of Shinies. I got my first Shiny Pokemon today.... :bee:

It's pretty cool although it isn't really a Pokemon I like but ah well. I'll just keep it as some sort of trophy or something....
What was it? Mine was a Skarmory.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
It was a Combee.

I was randomly searching for any new Pokemon I could catch in order to fill up my Pokedex and then this little shiny one showed up. Shall I evolve it into Vespiquen, or shall I just keep it the way it is?
I'd make it a Vespiquen. Definitely better than a Combee. :chuckle:

This took me at least 5 tries to post.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I'd make it a Vespiquen. Definitely better than a Combee. :chuckle:
Alrighty then. Guess I should level it up then. :)

And Admiral Pit's method of getting shinies sounds pretty interesting. If I have the free time I might try and breed a shiny Charmander sometime.

Edit: Yay my Shiny Combee is now a Shiny Vespiquen. Bzzzzzzzzzz...

I have no place for Vespiquen in my team though so I'll just keep this one as a trophy.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
A LOT more than you or I ever realized, actually. XD

Though I'm not one of them, but I do love playing as Marth, which is ironic cause I hated him with a passion before but came to like him as I gave him a chance and played him more in Brawl. Plus, as I looked up his background and learned more about him.

I'm not a Nintendo fan, or a fan of any company specifically, so part of the fun for me with Smash is looking up and learning more about the characters I didn't know at first or just didn't know too much about. Of course, this is only if they're interesting and appealing enough.

I've never played a single Zelda game in my life, but I could have a full on discussion about the plot and details of majority of the games and every speedrunning tactic in Ocarina of Time. ¦D

Aura is the energy that surrounds a person
And courage is the magic that turns dreams into reality. ¦D

Anywho, I see lots of shiny talk going on. What is it about shinies, other than the rarity, that makes people go ballistic? I've never seen the appeal, honestly. XD

Though funny enough, when I started up my game of Y a few days back so I could transfer the Kanto Starter's Mega Stones, the 2nd Pokemon I ran into as a shiny Grass Monkey (Read Pansage). Only 2 Pokemon in and I found a shiny. Awesome. ¦(

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I love the fire emblem series but I dislike the fire emblem characters in SMASH

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Alrighty then. Guess I should level it up then. :)

And Admiral Pit's method of getting shinies sounds pretty interesting. If I have the free time I might try and breed a shiny Charmander sometime.

Edit: Yay my Shiny Combee is now a Shiny Vespiquen. Bzzzzzzzzzz...

I have no place for Vespiquen in my team though so I'll just keep this one as a trophy.
I totally always have a place for Vespiquen on my teams...

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Giant red queen bee fits it well.

This cute little guy
I'll evolve it later than usual for some reason. I guess I want to see it battle once it learns better moves, like Air Slash and Bug Buzz first. Then, comes this:

Gotta admit that's some pretty colors, fit to be a nighttime Yanma as opposed to the regular red.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I guess so, but it's nature isn't really the one I'm looking for is what I mean, it's Naive. Is that a good nature for a Vespiquen? If it's good then I suppose I could add her into my team.
Vespiquen is defensively based and only has a speed of 40 so Naive wouldn't help it at all...

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
If Xenoblaze and Kikaru's remarks are anything to go by. I guess it was a wise decision not to click Wave Kusanagi's link at all. ^^

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
My clamperl is mild natured... Hmmm I guess if I evolved it into Gorebyss it might help a little bit... (I like Huntail more though :/)

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Good thing I didn't click it based on those comments.

What I wanna see is more Shiny Gen6 Pokemon. I know I want a Shiny Fennekin, but Litleo has me curious, and hopefully it ain't another slightly different-colored one. In fact, a full list of Gen6 Shinies would help me out most.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Someone randomly wanted to trade with me the same time I was trading with myself

I almost traded my pokemon holding a precious item to a stranger!

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
If Xenoblaze and Kikaru's remarks are anything to go by. I guess it was a wise decision not to click Wave Kusanagi's link at all. ^^
Yes you shouldn't, it's HORRIBLE, SOUL PIERCING, MIND ******, GENOCIDAL, HOMICIDAL, SUICIDAL! YOUR LIFE WILL CHANGE FOREVER, AND NOT FOR THE BEST!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom