• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
If Xenoblaze and Kikaru's remarks are anything to go by. I guess it was a wise decision not to click Wave Kusanagi's link at all. ^^
They're joking, you dope. It's just a Ditto dancing. ¦D

If anything, it's the song that makes it hilariously wrong. XD

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
I wanted Wario in Smash because I loved how Wario was portrayed in Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins and how Wario played in Wario Land 3... but I strongly disliked Wario's moveset in Brawl because it was made up of random stuff from WarioWare games.
Oddly enough, even though I was dissapointed by the sheer lack of Wario Land content in Brawl, I actually love Wario's moveset.

It's just so crazy and...different to what I was expecting Wario to be like. Not to mention there's so much stuff you can do with Wario. I'm not exactly good with characters, but I like Wario, Olimar, and Snake simply because I enjoy playing as them.

----

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Skarmory is the perfect color and shade of my favorite color to be my favorite shiny.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I didn't like Wario's moveset because it was a gross-out one. I liked him far more in the Wario Land series, so not seeing that annoyed me. Don't get me wrong, he's still an amazing character and all. But hey, it pleased other fans, so I'm sure that's a good thing in the end. I think it may have pleased less Wario fans that hoped for, though. Then again, Sakurai's decisions have always had mixed reactions, so it's not that big of a deal. Each game has still been overall notoriously good and popular. On another note, I hate Auto-Cancel and prefer L-Cancelling myself. It's a simple skill that benefits everyone heavily, and the problem with Auto-Cancel is that it didn't do that. It didn't affect some of the laggiest moves... except on mostly characters who are of high tier... The other problem is that I never once minded it and it wasn't even really difficult to pull off, even less difficult than Wavedashing. I'm glad the similar move, the Ukemi, stayed, though. That's extremely important for playing the game, and my favorite part about the technique is that you can play mind games by not using it at times, providing invincibility frames during your getup attack.

@Admiral Pit: To be perfectly honest, I'd rather speed things up with AR instead. I don't like grinding so much. X/Y will fix this a bit, though. I may get an AR for my other 3DS XL/2DS.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I did it to be curious, that's all. Thankfully I don't have to on X/Y now that I found (I actually mean hatched) my own legit Shiny Yanma. Still wanna see the Gen6 Shinies though. I know that Fennekin, that ghost tree, and Heliotile look nice.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I did it to be curious, that's all. Thankfully I don't have to on X/Y now that I found (I actually mean hatched) my own legit Shiny Yanma. Still wanna see the Gen6 Shinies though. I know that Fennekin, that ghost tree, and Heliotile look nice.
Many Shinies do. Some are lazy shades of their regular colors. Shiny Scyther is... another green. Pikachu is another yellow. Scyther could've been Pink, Gold, Black... there's choices. It already looks naturally cool, so any different color(or fairly different) would've benefit it.

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord

Is this good enough? :troll:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Sorry to interrupt the conversation, but here's a bit a advertizement. (Not really...)

A group of users and I are putting together a theory...

The Nintendo.png

While Far fetched, We're trying to put most if not all of the Nintendo franchises into one Universe... hinted by cameos and Super Smash Brothers.

Please PM me if you'd like to help, we currently need researchers, theorists, and anyone with GIMP/Photoshop experience.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Sorry to interrupt the conversation, but here's a bit a advertizement. (Not really...)

View attachment 3595

While Far fetched, We're trying to put most if not all of the Nintendo franchises into one Universe... hinted by cameos and Super Smash Brothers.

Please PM me if you'd like to help, we currently need researchers, theorists, and anyone with GIMP/Photoshop experience.
I don't have GIMP or Photoshop experience, but I do have one thing to contribute for now.

In Melee's Adventure Mode, Planet Zebes explodes not too far from Pop Star. That is all I have to say.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero

View attachment 3595

Oh lawl.
Were you inspired by the Pixar theory?

---

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Speaking of Pokémon X/Y, something I really like about this game is how apparent is the research done by the developers when designing the region. There are some details and Pokémon designs that reflect that.

The barnacle Pokémon make much sense in this new region, since barnacles grow in the European Atlantic coast that includes parts of France the game is based on. Some species of barnacle are eaten too, especially in southern Europe. Binacle and Barbaracle are part of the Coastal Kalos Dex.
Being based on Jack-o'-Lanterns, Pumpkaboo and Gourgeist also make sense in this region, considering Halloween has its origin in Europe, more specifically England.
Honedge and its evolutions are obviously based on European swords.

Having been in France and several places in Europe (and being European), I can say the Kalos region is faithful (to a degree) to real life France and Europe overall. The Tourist trainers are an obvious allusion (or parody) of the Japanese tourists visiting Europe, judging by their (slightly stereotypical) behavior.
The cabs in Lumiose City have license plates based on the French ones. The numbers/letters are blurry, but that aside, they follow the same format, even having a blue bar on the left part that is common to all European Union license plates. This is one detail I found quite interesting, having seen lots of French cars, even in my country, I instantly noticed it when arriving at Lumiose City.
The architecture of some buildings has that medieval European feel you don't see much anywhere else in the world.

Well, this may be insignificant for some of you, but having been in France several times and being European, I got to see this region in a different way, because it felt much more familiar to me, given the kind of cities and places I've visited before.

You almost could say I had a feeling ...of déjà vu. :shades:

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
Speaking of Pokémon X/Y, something I really like about this game is how apparent is the research done by the developers when designing the region. There are some details and Pokémon designs that reflect that.

The barnacle Pokémon make much sense in this new region, since barnacles grow in the European Atlantic coast that includes parts of France the game is based on. Some species of barnacle are eaten too, especially in southern Europe. Binacle and Barbaracle are part of the Coastal Kalos Dex.
Being based on Jack-o'-Lanterns, Pumpkaboo and Gourgeist also make sense in this region, considering Halloween has its origin in Europe, more specifically England.
Honedge and its evolutions are obviously based on European swords.

Having been in France and several places in Europe (and being European), I can say the Kalos region is faithful (to a degree) to real life France and Europe overall. The Tourist trainers are an obvious allusion (or parody) of the Japanese tourists visiting Europe, judging by their (slightly stereotypical) behavior.
The cabs in Lumiose City have license plates based on the French ones. The numbers/letters are blurry, but that aside, they follow the same format, even having a blue bar on the left part that is common to all European Union license plates. This is one detail I found quite interesting, having seen lots of French cars, even in my country, I instantly noticed it when arriving at Lumiose City.
The architecture of some buildings has that medieval European feel you don't see much anywhere else in the world.

Well, this may be insignificant for some of you, but having been in France several times and being European, I got to see this region in a different way, because it felt much more familiar to me, given the kind of cities and places I've visited before.

You almost could say I had a feeling ...of déjà vu. :shades:
Can you justify Pangoro? =P

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
Kalos should've had a line of Ghost/Rock Gargoyles that protect villages/buildings and drive away evil spirits with their hideous faces.

----
We should've had a lot of things...
**** you gamefreak and your ****ing cop-outs... 70 new pokemon? you're a bunch of lazy asshats you know that right? =.=

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Can you justify Pangoro? =P
There are no pandas in Europe, but Game Freak is a Japanese company, so it's obvious that there might be some references to Japanese culture as well.

Kalos should've had a line of Ghost/Rock Gargoyles that protect villages/buildings and drive away evil spirits with their hideous faces.

----
That would've been neat. Mainly because of the Ghost-type. :p
It would be fitting if it could gain Dragon-type moves, given that some gargoyles resemble dragons.

There are still a lot of ideas that could inspire new Pokémon designs.

We should've had a lot of things...
**** you gamefreak and your ****ing cop-outs... 70 new pokemon? you're a bunch of lazy ******s you know that right? =.=
I have some complaints about X/Y. The number of new Pokémon is not one of them.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
I'm fine with it because I don't have to catch over 120 of the little ****ers. I nearly finished the Pokedex in Black and White. Only 70 new Pokemon makes the pain of catching the region's new Pokemon hurt less.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Considering this region had like the best Pokedex ever, and you never felt like you were fighting the same dang Pokemon on every route, I can hardly complain. Not usually the type to say "making video games is hard so it's okay," but I can imagine with over 600 unique characters that already needed new models and animations instead of borrowing from Pokemon Stadium for like the 72nd time, I can understand if they wanted to lessen the load, lol.

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
I can see why it doesn't bother most people but for me the new pokemon is one of the most exciting and important parts of any new generation so in my case this is easily one of the most disappointing parts of the game.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
The artist for Pokemon was actually running out of ideas and had trouble drawing them. He had a lot of help from other artists, which is probably why a lack of around 100 total new Pokemon exist. This also may be why Mega Evolutions were done, to give at least 100 new Pokemon overall(yes, they're still new to the series, even if forms), and it's easier to upgrade a design than to make a new one.

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
The artist for Pokemon was actually running out of ideas and had trouble drawing them. He had a lot of help from other artists, which is probably why a lack of around 100 total new Pokemon exist. This also may be why Mega Evolutions were done, to give at least 100 new Pokemon overall(yes, they're still new to the series, even if forms), and it's easier to upgrade a design than to make a new one.
I'd like a source even though I can believe this (considering how many pokemon they made in gen 5...) But really, mega evolutions, I don't like them =P I'm extremely annoyed about how many pokemon that didn't need it AT ALL got one just because of "muh popularity"

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I'd like a source even though I can believe this (considering how many pokemon they made in gen 5...) But really, mega evolutions, I don't like them =P I'm extremely annoyed about how many pokemon that didn't need it AT ALL got one just because of "muh popularity"
http://www.officialnintendomagazine...sts-block-during-pokemon-x-and-y-development/

I have no idea when they planned Mega Evolutions. But they did serve as a way to get 100 somewhat new designs in, at least.

Accf124

Smash Journeyman

View attachment 3595

Hasn't that one Youtube channel called "The Game Theorist" done this already.

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Ignoring the fact that there are less then 100 pokes even with the mega evolutions in mind (unless there are a huge amount of unreleased ones...) OK, I'm not trying to say it's actually unjustified or anything but it's still disappointing to me =/
Never implied it wasn't. I even agree. But it does explain why.

What's more disappointing is that Mega Evolutions are for final evolutions only. And not every Mega Evolution has been found and there's 72 confirmed Kalos originals. We have 3 new ones coming. We'll hit 100 soon enough.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
The one thing that made me sad was that there was no VS. Seeker like there was in Gen3 (and 4 I think). I loved fighting some of those random trainers again out there to get occasional exp and money instead of spamming the Elite 4. Although the Battle Chateau, when you use the Amulet Coin, definitely rakes in the money, seeing the same Pokemon again is kinda boring, except Audino trainers as it definitely gives you the most exp.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
But really, mega evolutions, I don't like them =P I'm extremely annoyed about how many pokemon that didn't need it AT ALL got one just because of "muh popularity"
This is Gamefreak. They don't care what the Pokemon need or not need. With each and every single game, they add so many new things without questioning whether or not the specific aspect of whatever they're adding to needs it.

Also, I don't know if I'd say, "Popularity" was the main reason why certain Pokemon obtained Mega Evolutions. Not yet, anyways. We still don't know if the present Mega Evolutions are all we have.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
You can guess at least that Mewtwo and Charizard having two Megas is probably due to popularity at least. Rest is far harder to say. Blaziken being the only Hoenn starter makes popularity another possibility too. Ampharos did have a Dragon-based name in Japan, so that probably was why it got one. The other two Kanto starters getting one was obvious if Charizard got one. If only because they're the only non-Legendaries to be on a Box besides Pikachu.(this is actually pretty notable) Not to mention Nostalgia a bit. You might also notice how the first three Gens got most of the Fairy retcons out of anyone. Hoenn isn't too bad about this. There's barely any for Unova and Sinnoh. Gen II got the top, but some of them are also connected to older Gen 1 Pokemon.

Overall, a lot of the game is catering to previous fans as is. The new Exp. Share is a remake of the Exp. All. Easier to do EV's. IV's being crap far less often. Odd evolutions again(like how Octillery is. It's not something you'd expect from a regular fish, design-wise. Unlike most, they don't even fit together besides following their gun theme). It's part of why I love this new Gen. I do wish there were more original Pokemon, but it makes up for it in many ways.

I hope hackers soon find a way to uncover all of X and Y's data, just in case there are some new event legendaries and possibly some hidden items and mega forms that aren't meant to be shown yet...

-----
They actually did hack the game. Simple data for items has already been found, but they're working on it. As well as move slots. Lots to do, but it's already started. :D

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Ampharos also looks like a dragon

If you didn't see his unevolved forms, you would not think he's a sheep at all

he has flippers and a long tail, not to mention jems like dragonair

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
The one thing that made me sad was that there was no VS. Seeker like there was in Gen3 (and 4 I think). I loved fighting some of those random trainers again out there to get occasional exp and money instead of spamming the Elite 4. Although the Battle Chateau, when you use the Amulet Coin, definitely rakes in the money, seeing the same Pokemon again is kinda boring, except Audino trainers as it definitely gives you the most exp.
Pretty much agree. If we have to spam the Elite 4 again like before, they could've at least done what some of the previous games did, in making their Pokemon's levels higher or stronger in general than when you fought them all the first time (forgot what versions did that now). At least the Battle Chateau kinda makes up for that though like you said. Having the amulet coin plus offering a writ of challenge (resulting in opponents with higher level pokes', how high depending on the rank you are) is pretty much a win-win.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Pretty much agree. If we have to spam the Elite 4 again like before, they could've at least done what some of the previous games did, in making their Pokemon's levels higher or stronger in general than when you fought them all the first time (forgot what versions did that now). At least the Battle Chateau kinda makes up for that though like you said. Having the amulet coin plus offering a writ of challenge (resulting in opponents with higher level pokes', how high depending on the rank you are) is pretty much a win-win.
Add the O-Power for money in there and you REALLY rake in the big bucks. I got over 2.6 million in a single day doing all of that. XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom