• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
That would be quite an array of them though, at least for Sakurai.
Could probably get a couple characters for the main series without having to worry about leaving new series on the back burner. My only hang up, besides the amount, is the fact that the roster screen has only grown by one row each game. 54 would be big leap, visually.

obeymalleo

Smash Ace
NNID
obeymalleo
3DS FC
2595-2443-7489
Could probably get a couple characters for the main series without having to worry about leaving new series on the back burner. My only hang up, besides the amount, is the fact that the roster screen has only grown by one row each game. 54 would be big leap, visually.
That is true.

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
While haven't seen in images, I have seen some of the NPCs talk about or reference places like Hoenn along the way when playing the game, yeah.

That reminds me... Anyone notice the obvious references some trainers have made to other anime? Like one of the psychic trainers saying your power level is over 9000 after beating them on one of the routes, or Lumiose's gym leader Clemont saying "Light, prism, power" or something along the lines of that when you first see him, which is a slight rewording of the "Moon, prism, power" thing from Sailor Moon. Am sure there's others as well, unless I'm over-analyzing a bit.

As for the idea of revisiting Hoenn, yeah I'd be down for that too, however unlikely.

Well, this game was aimed towards the 90s kids who grew up with Pokemon. I'm not surprised if they threw those in there for lulz and to trigger a sense of nostalgia.

EDIT: Btw, the dude is not referencing any region in the past games. He's talking about a different one.

Also, the souvenir looks nothing like a Pokemon known. We may find out later this month when Junichi reveals what Game Freak is working on. Might be related to that or that mysterious Wii U game. It'd be cool if they revealed even more new Pokemon that are quite possibly locked away in XY.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
I'm being a weak maid and putting off my chores, yet at least I know better than to play Pokemon to further my weakness. In my depravity, I find myself wondering what Etemon would be like as a Pokemon. 1.6m... Poison/Fighting type... Really high attack stat... Learns sludge bomb... ah, wait a minute. That's not sludge. You little rascal.
So basically Toxicroak? :troll:

Also, souvenir? I must have missed something.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I'd be very happy if we got 18 newcomers in Smash 4, depending on who most of them are.
I'd be a bit worried though as some characters as well as the overall amount will definitely get at least some hate, but hate is pretty much inevitable. Doesn't matter who we'll get or how many, but the amount of hate will differ depending on who gets in and who doesn't as well as the amount of newcomers. I'm sure a lot of people would get used to some characters, though.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Well guys, I finally caught a Goomy. I'm so happy ;u;

Now if only I could get my hands on a Mismagius, my team would be complete.

D

Deleted member

Also, I was bored and decided to finally finish some pixel art:

It ain't gonna win any awards but I had fun doing it. Can you guess what those bad dudes are? (and yes, it is connected to Super Smash Bros.). Might give them faces some day.
The faceless characters from Dragon King: The Fighting Game.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Lucario94? :awesome:
Something not involving a specific Pokemon, actually. I'm writing down some things that I like in the Pokemon series. Here's what I got so far:
- Favorite Pokemon: Lucario
- Favorite Type: Fighting
- Favorite Item: Leftovers
- Favorite Move: Dragon Dance
- Favorite Gym Leader: Clay
- Favorite Professor: Prof. Elm
- Favorite Region: Johto
- Favorite Enemy: Colress
- Favorite Friend: Trevor & Barry (Decisions...)

That's where I'm at right now.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So here's another reaction question-

How would you react to this character from a certain Paper Mario game getting in Smash?

Swampasaur is not sure how Swampasaur would feel.

On one hand. Swampasaur likes Count Bleck and feels he is a good character. On the other hand, Swampasaur feels that Bleck should not be in before a number of characters.

So overall, Swampasaur thinks Count Bleck would be a bad addition. Though Swampasaur would main Count Bleck.

Bleh heh heh heh heh heh heh heh heh heh heh!

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Swampasaur is not sure how Swampasaur would feel.

On one hand. Swampasaur likes Count Bleck and feels he is a good character. On the other hand, Swampasaur feels that Bleck should not be in before a number of character.

So overall, Swampasaur thinks Count Bleck would be a bad addition. Though Swampasaur would main Count Bleck.

Bleh heh heh heh heh heh heh heh heh heh heh!
KingofPhantoms47 would give this more than one Like if KingofPhantoms47 could because of the awesome reference to Count Blecks dialogue.

Bleh heh heh heh heh heh heh heh heh heh! Bleck!

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
AuraSage94 never played any of the Paper Mario games, so AuraSage94 doesn't know what to think about Count Bleck's appearence, other than that he looks cool.

Bleh heh heh..?

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
So here's another reaction question-

How would you react to this character from a certain Paper Mario game getting in Smash?

Meh.

Dimentio is cooler. Better villain, too. Much more entertaining as well.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Meh.

Dimentio is cooler. Better villain, too. Much more entertaining as well.
Count Bleck scoffs at your villains.

Count Bleck is a tragic villain. The best kind of villain!

Bleh heh heh heh heh heh! Bleck!

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Count Bleck scoffs at your villains.

Count Bleck is a tragic villain. The best kind of villain!

Bleh heh heh heh heh heh! Bleck!
Tragic villains are *******.

Give me destruction, bloodshed, insanity, ****, murder, chaos and Hell on Earth all together for the ultimate show! =D

But in all seriousness, Bleck's cool in his own right. I just find Dimentio a lot more appealing as a full on villain. Kinda reminds me of a watered fown Xellos from Slayers, or a kid friendly Kefka.

...Hm, I think I may go watch some Hellsing Ultimate, Black Lagoon or Jormungand soon. Maybe some Garden of Sinners and Fate/Zero too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom