• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
You have to encounter it multiple times till it finds one place to settle down. Annoying, but is what it is. -_-
Apparently you need to keep running into him and then at some point you can battle him in a certain area. Forgot which area it was though. :/
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU....!!!

So I assume Froaky was your starter?
Yep, now he is a proud Greninja.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
I thought so. :p Apparently the starter you choose at the beginning determines which legendary bird you will get in the game. If you choose Froaky for example, you will get to catch Moltres.
Do the legendary dogs make an appearance as well?

Btw, I have the Orbs for Palkia, Dialga, and Giratina. I guess I would have to trade them over; they won't show up in the game by event.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I hope none of you have to experience the pain of a shiny fleeing in the Safari Zone. Tears forever. :(
Or finding a shiny BEFORE you get Pokeballs in the beginning. That's what I get for the ONE TIME I pick Chikorita. Also obligatory EXPLODING SHINY GRAVELER comment.

-

At any rate, I've been putting off saying this because I wanted to silently disappear so as to not make a scene, but I'm losing Internet and giving up my Earthly possessions soon, and thought it was courteous to let y'all know. Both by choice (focusing on school, work, life, etc.) and because extreme poverty (not that that's ever stopped me before). C'est la vie. Still may check in from school sometimes, but that'll likely be lurking. Wish I could say it was fun.
~

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Or finding a shiny BEFORE you get Pokeballs in the beginning. That's what I get for the ONE TIME I pick Chikorita. Also obligatory EXPLODING SHINY GRAVELER comment.

-

At any rate, I've been putting off saying this because I wanted to silently disappear so as to not make a scene, but I'm losing Internet and giving up my Earthly possessions soon, and thought it was courteous to let y'all know. Both by choice (focusing on school, work, life, etc.) and because extreme poverty (not that that's ever stopped me before). C'est la vie. Still may check in from school sometimes, but that'll likely be lurking. Wish I could say it was fun.~
Ah yeah, that must have sucked quite a bit too, but at least the shinies then are mostly only Bidoof-equivalents (or Bidoof). Though they're still a shiny; I feel your pain. :ohwell:

And hope things go well for you Issy and you can make it back here on occasion. We'll miss you. ^_^

Well, they're somewhat easier to find this time around, apparently.

Never had one in the Safari Zone, though.
Well I haven't seen a shiny (in the wild) since Gen IV, so hopefully I'll be able to expand my little collection by at least one this time around, though I suspect it still won't be easy.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.

-

At any rate, I've been putting off saying this because I wanted to silently disappear so as to not make a scene, but I'm losing Internet and giving up my Earthly possessions soon, and thought it was courteous to let y'all know. Both by choice (focusing on school, work, life, etc.) and because extreme poverty (not that that's ever stopped me before). C'est la vie. Still may check in from school sometimes, but that'll likely be lurking. Wish I could say it was fun.~
May we meet again someday. Hope to see you again.

Morbi

Scavenger
Ah yeah, that must have sucked quite a bit too, but at least the shinies then are mostly only Bidoof-equivalents (or Bidoof). Though they're still a shiny; I feel your pain. :ohwell:

And hope things go well for you Issy and you can make it back here on occasion. We'll miss you. ^_^

Well I haven't seen a shiny (in the wild) since Gen IV, so hopefully I'll be able to expand my little collection by at least one this time around, though I suspect it still won't be easy.
My sister caught a Shiny Weedle an hour into the game. I was so jealous, I have been playing Pokemon from the start... the only shiny Pokemon I have are the free ones like Gyarados. I have battled thousands upon thousands of Pokemon, no shiny ones though. I am Ditto farming for Nature breeding, so luckily I have a chance to run into a Shiny Jigglypuff. It will never happen, but if that was my first Shiny, I would be elated.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
The only shiny i've ever gotten was a shiny unknown, other than the red gyrados, too bad I can't transfer him over to X since i don't have black so I guess he's its back to square 1.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
:c

Izzy...

Smooth Criminal
NO. NO SADNESS. GO PLAY THE **** OUT OF X, FOR ME.

It was a Hoot-Hoot, so pretty much lol. The drop dead WORST for me was actually in Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness. In one of the Battle SIMs, the one where you take on a Lv. 50 Mew with a team of Lv. 25 Eeveelutions, I got a shiny Vaporeon. Essentially, I "owned" the shiny since I could play that Battle SIM whenever I wanted (and it would still retain shiny status), but I couldn't use it outside of there. :sadeyes:

IIRC, Fire Red/Leaf Green had something similar with random trainers in the Battle Tower knock-off had shiny Pokemon.

Thanks for the well wishes, everyone. Means more than you'd think despite my misanthropic outlook on life/this place.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043

-

And then my absolute favorite person left...Damn.

Well, I'll definitely miss you a lot. It's gonna be boring as all hell without you, but I'm in a similar bo-at (Or boat so I've been told) so I understand. :<

Hope you come around every now and then. You can also just add me on Skype or something, or just send a PM.

See you. :<

Morbi

Scavenger
NO. NO SADNESS. GO PLAY THE **** OUT OF X, FOR ME.

It was a Hoot-Hoot, so pretty much lol. The drop dead WORST for me was actually in Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness. In one of the Battle SIMs, the one where you take on a Lv. 50 Mew with a team of Lv. 25 Eeveelutions, I got a shiny Vaporeon. Essentially, I "owned" the shiny since I could play that Battle SIM whenever I wanted (and it would still retain shiny status), but I couldn't use it outside of there. :sadeyes:

IIRC, Fire Red/Leaf Green had something similar with random trainers in the Battle Tower knock-off had shiny Pokemon.

Thanks for the well wishes, everyone. Means more than you'd think despite my misanthropic outlook on life/this place.
Don't go all TEAM FLARE on us! In all reality, I can certainly relate. Good luck in all of your future endeavors. Jigglypuff wishes you well.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Don't go all TEAM FLARE on us! In all reality, I can certainly relate. Good luck in all of your future endeavors. Jigglypuff wishes you well.

Oh there you are Morbid.

How was The Void? Is Exdeath doing alright? Have you found enough Puffs to Jiggle?

...Or...Jigglies...to Puff?

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
UUUUUOOOOHH BYE ISMAR ILL MISS YOU. *NOT-TEARFUL FAREWELL CURTSY BECAUSE OF HIGHLY TRAINED TEAR DUCT STRENGTH MUSCLES*

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
I found a shiny Skarmory in a Nuzlocke I was doing for Emerald while gathering ash to make a Yellow Flute. Since it was a Nuzlocke and I can't catch legendaries anyway, I basically said "**** IT MASTER BALL!"

That was a couple of weeks ago.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I hope none of you have to experience the pain of a shiny fleeing in the Safari Zone. Tears forever. :(

*hugs* D: Sorry for your lost. I already mentioned bout the Shiny Shuppet I found on Emerald that used Curse to kill itself. In other words, it was suicidal... :(
Oh well, I'll be excited to get a Shiny Yanma instead, since I'll actually use that.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Sigh, well you already know my feelings Issy... See you next mission. ~

As a whole I always found shinies kinda overrated, even though there were a select few that I liked. I got a shiny Groudon once (one of my favorite Pokemon in shiny form because teh gold), but that's like the only thing I can brag about! Probably don't even have it anymore. lol

p.s. The IsmaR and Team Flare thing is more fitting than some of us would like to think.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
At any rate, I've been putting off saying this because I wanted to silently disappear so as to not make a scene, but I'm losing Internet and giving up my Earthly possessions soon, and thought it was courteous to let y'all know. Both by choice (focusing on school, work, life, etc.) and because extreme poverty (not that that's ever stopped me before). C'est la vie.
You've made a good choice, I wish I had your strength. It's not odd to say that I wish I was poor. Farewell.

FlappyFalco

Smesh Ace
NNID
HyperToxBox64
3DS FC
3866-8228-7394
Switch FC
SW-5551-9470-0820
In a world where stats are usually all that matter, I don't get why a simple (and often subtle) cosmetic change like shininess would make those EV training, :006: wielding, poke breeding maniacs so excited.:rolleyes: I'm actually a bit of a sucker for cosmetic changes (I haven't evolved my Fletchfinder for obvious reasons and if you use a shiny stone on a Floette you'll find that Garbodor has been dethroned if you know what I mean:urg:) but I find a 1/8000 chance of encountering a palette swap is more than a bit gimmicky.:ohwell: If I ever find one I'll probably just trade for an event only legendary I missed. :pimp:

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
In a world where stats are usually all that matter, I don't get why a simple (and often subtle) cosmetic change like shininess would make those EV training, :006: wielding, poke breeding maniacs so excited.:rolleyes: I'm actually a bit of a sucker for cosmetic changes (I haven't evolved my Fletchfinder for obvious reasons and if you use a shiny stone on a Floette you'll find that Garbodor has been dethroned if you know what I mean:urg:) but I find a 1/8000 chance of encountering a palette swap is more than a bit gimmicky.:ohwell: If I ever find one I'll probably just trade for an event only legendary I missed. :pimp:
Because it's a 1 in 8000 chance. Meaning it's incredibly rare. Most people use PokeSav or something to make shinies, but finding one for real is special.

And Florges is NOT that ugly. If anything, Aromatisse has dethroned Garbador, that thing is ugly as ****.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Garbodor is just fine, and I wish it had a poison/steel Mega Evolution where it turned into a garbage truck.

(Secretly I just want MetalEtemon to be a Pokemon and to be Poison/Steel type because that'd be pretty cool although it gains a 4x weakness to ground but otherwise it loses a couple weaknesses and gains a couple x4 resistances.)

[collapse=Also look at my beautiful Steelix and Onix size chart]
[/collapse]

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
One of my friends added me recently (though I dont have the game yet) and said my Safari had Snubull and Swirlix. I'm disappointed in myself, even for being interested in the bright Fairy type. *pouts*

I do wanna find someone who has Larvesta and Braixen though.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Since I'm starting to become more online oriented again far as Pokemon, anyone let me know, if they care to add me, and I'll register your FC as well in return.

Platsy

Smash Mouth
NNID
Cyani-Oxide
I got Pokemon X a few days ago and beat the champion. It's been a long time since I played a Pokemon game, so I don't know whether or not I should battle people online before I'm at 100.

Also, if anyone knows where to find Ponyta, let me know. A fragment of my childhood is missing.

And good luck on your future endeavors, IsmaR.

Oddyesy

Smash Ace
NNID
Oddyesy

A new Zelda 3DS XL.

Just like with Fire Emblem, Animal Crossing, Pokémon, Luigi and many more.

I think it becomes more and more likely that a Smash Bros. 3DS XL would be available as well.

If so, it'll be effing hard for me to wait a 3DS XL like this for to replace my old and touche screen-striped one.

*GNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN*
So sexy. I think I'll pick this one after I sell the Vita I'm getting.

... IsmaR is leaving us? ... Goodbye man, and may our paths cross again. :cry:

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
So, talking about Smash Bros. real quick before I shift back to other things:

With Sonic music, I better hear some Adventure 1/2 themes in Smash 4. Brawl skipped Adventure entirely and went straight to Heroes and '06, I'm pretty sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom