• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Well glad others including N3ON share my distaste for gen 4. Not sure where I would rank gen 6 yet far as whether or not it's better than gen 5 as a whole, but either one of them easily > gen 4, whether like some of the lame legendaries are included or not.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Still possible we could get some Super Smash Bros news. NYCC is going on right now, and if I remember correctly, they are having a panel for X/Y. I know one is happening for A Link Between Worlds soon.
Really?

Cuz that'd be neato!

Morbi

Scavenger
Well glad others including N3ON share my distaste for gen 4. Not sure where I would rank gen 6 yet far as whether or not it's better than gen 5 as a whole, but either one of them easily > gen 4, whether like some of the lame legendaries are included or not.
It was my least favorite. It actually knocked me out of Pokemon. My sister hated it just as much. Gen 5 was OK, it tempted me back into Pokemon and I tried Black and White, but skipped the second version. Gen 6 is what is really reeling me back in.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Same here pretty much (about Black and White getting me back into Pokemon, even though I skipped Black 2/White 2, etc).

Like someone had said before too, gen 4 made the competitive scene even more stale (with or without Stealth Rock), even if it improved the game mechanics in some regards.

Reznor

work in progress
does any one else find the 4th gen legendaries really dumb and i'm not even talking about the design i'm talking about their powers
Palkia controls space how can you catch him same with Dialga who controls time and ya I know its a game but still it should make some sense :urg:

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
I skipped 4 and 5 completely.

I really laughed at the whole Black&White 2 thing. I originally saw as a cop out because they were running out of colors.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
My favourite gen is Gen 3. Nothing can beat Pokémon Emerald. :p

I'd list them as
3>1>2>4

Not including 5, as I skipped that gen.

EDIT: Mega Alakazam is awesome, lol.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Played Gen 1, didn't play all of Gen 2 cause I didn't like it much, played Gen 3 over and over, skipped Gen 4 and Gen 5 though I meant to play 5 but just didn't get to it and eventually lost interest.

So I'm basically getting back into the gaming scene fully with Gen 6. I'm looking forward to it. <3

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
does any one else find the 4th gen legendaries really dumb and i'm not even talking about the design i'm talking about their powers
Palkia controls space how can you catch him same with Dialga who controls time and ya I know its a game but still it should make some sense :urg:
Yes, yes... That was the point in which they had gotten too over-the-top with uber legendaries' powers, even if you excluded Arceus.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice

Gen 4 went overboard with the legendaries to the point that it was eye rollingly bad. Having four special event Pokemon was downright stupid and heatran and regigigas should have just been saved for a different generation. Also, phione? A watered down version of an already "meh" legendary? What were they thinking...

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Same here really, Gen 5 got me back into the series and I feel it did a lot of things right. From making battles faster, adding in a completely new cast of Pokemon, making HMs optional and TMs no longer having to be one time uses and all the way to the fact they actually bothered to focus more on the story this time. And Black & White 2 just made it better.

I need to save up to get an XL along with Pokemon X... -_-
EDIT: I actually started replaying Emerald a few months ago, still fun except the Surfing...
In terms of favs 5>3>2>1>4

Reznor

work in progress
Same here really, Gen 5 got me back into the series and I feel it did a lot of things right. From making battles faster, adding in a completely new cast of Pokemon, making HMs optional and TMs no longer having to be one time uses and all the way to the fact they actually bothered to focus more on the story this time. And Black & White 2 just made it better.

I need to save up to get an XL along with Pokemon X... -_-
EDIT: I actually started replaying Emerald a few months ago, still fun except the Surfing...
one of the reasons gen 3 isn't my favorite gen is because of all the ****ing water did we really need that much water

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
My favourite gen is Gen 3. Nothing can beat Pokémon Emerald. :p

I'd list them as
3>1>2>4

Not including 5, as I skipped that gen.

EDIT: Mega Alakazam is awesome, lol.
Sometimes I feel like the only Hoenn fan who grew up with the first gen of Pokemon and was there from the start.

I've noticed at too many people who like Hoenn had R/S/E as their first Pokemon game...

It's hard to make an order of favorites, since each gen has its own special memories and feelings for me.

-----

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I was really into Pokemon during Gen 4... I have a lot of nostalgia for it, but thinking about it, not much of it is for the actual games lol. I don't remember much outside of endless breeding and then battling on PBR. Also shoddy battle or whatever it was called.

Also my favorite Pokemon Heatran came from it. :awesome:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
As for my favourite gens.

2 > 5 > 1 > 4

Haven't played Gen 3 yet. :/

Something tells me I'm going to get an angry mob at me for placing Gen 1 so low....... :T

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Okay I guess i'll say my favorite gen list. (imo)
Gen 2>6>4(cuz soul silver)>3>1

That's right I like Johto better than Kanto or Hoenn (come at me bros)

Skipped diamond pearl platinum, and I was interested in black until like previously stated, the whole black 2 white 2 felt like a money grab so that put me off.

Definitely will be getting X tho and it'll probably be my last gen. It's already high up there because of all the customization and graphics, tracking of EV's and all that awesome stuff.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
As for my favourite gens.

2 > 5 > 1 > 4

Haven't played Gen 3 yet. :/

Something tells me I'm going to get an angry mob at me for placing Gen 1 so low....... :T
omg you're missing out. I sunk sooooo much time into Ruby I should've gone blind or something. :psycho:

At least we'll probably get remakes of them relatively soon.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I wouldn't mind that at all! FireRuby and LeafEmerald? Or HeartRuby and SoulEmerald?
Probably something original, yet not too original. MagmaRuby and AquaSapphire or something.

It's not going to be Emerald, we only got LeafGreen because the original games were Red and Green, not Blue.

Reznor

work in progress
I
omg you're missing out. I sunk sooooo much time into Ruby I should've gone blind or something. :psycho:

At least we'll probably get remakes of them relatively soon.
I don't think we will get remixes
we only got remixes of gen 1 and 2 because you couldn't transfer pokemon from them over to the newer games

Morbi

Scavenger
Probably something original, yet not too original. MagmaRuby and AquaSapphire or something.

It's not going to be Emerald, we only got LeafGreen because the original games were Red and Green, not Blue.
I just used Emerald for the LeafEmerald Joke. It wasn't' worth it.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
I wouldn't mind that at all! FireRuby and LeafEmerald? Or HeartRuby and SoulEmerald?
Oh man if there was a Soulemerald I'd would say screw X i'm getting that instead.

Too bad they'll never mix johto and hoenn so I can catch my favorite legendaries, lugia, suicine, and mew...

Grr morbid now I wish soul emerald was a thing...

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
[collapse=On Ruby/Sapphire remakes...]Where else do you expect you'll be able to get the mega stones for Kyogre, Groudon, and Rayquaza?[/collapse]

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I
I don't think we will get remixes
we only got remixes of gen 1 and 2 because you couldn't transfer pokemon from them over to the newer games
We won't get remakes when Nintendo wants to stop profiting as much as possible off Pokemon. In other words, we're definitely getting them eventually.
If Nintendo cared so much about keeping the first two gens of Pokemon relegated to those games, we wouldn't have been able to catch them in more recent games as well. It's not like the remakes allowed you to use your original R/B/Y/G/S/C Pokemon anyway, you still had to catch new ones. It's all because of profit.

Reznor

work in progress
We won't get remakes when Nintendo wants to stop profiting as much as possible off Pokemon. In other words, we're definitely getting them eventually.
If Nintendo cared so much about keeping the first two gens of Pokemon relegated to those games, we wouldn't have been able to catch them in more recent games as well. It's not like the remakes allowed you to use your original R/B/Y/G/S/C Pokemon anyway, you still had to catch new ones. It's all because of profit.
I think a cooler idea would be to put the 3rd gen games on the 3DS virtual console and allow you to transfer from 3rd gen straight to 6th gen
also they didn't allow you to transfer from RBY/GSC because of the missing number glitch

guys if they remake 3rd gen then they will remake 4th gen and no one wants that
3rd gen sacrifice your self so we don't have to deal with mega Arceus

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
We're not going to be getting the 3rd gen games on the VC before we get the 1st and 2nd ones (on the 3DS at least). Which frankly should've happened a long time ago already.

And yeah, they'll make 4th gen remakes eventually. Bleh. But it'll still make money... so it's gonna happen.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Mega Groudon and Megaquaza would make heads explode with amazingness. Mine in particular. And I don't even care for the idea of Mega Legendary Pokes because I'll never use them.

Groudon was the reason Ruby was the one I absolutely HAD to pick. Well, that, and it was red like the original. And Rayquaza is one of the best legendaries of all time... and his movie with Deoxys..

Oh god I remember my first time seeing this movie.. Gen 3 I love you. :love:

Morbi

Scavenger
I think a cooler idea would be to put the 3rd gen games on the 3DS virtual console and allow you to transfer from 3rd gen straight to 6th gen
also they didn't allow you to transfer from RBY/GSC because of the missing number glitch

guys if they remake 3rd gen then they will remake 4th gen and no one wants that
3rd gen sacrifice your self so we don't have to deal with mega Arceus
Mega Arceus? Don't you mean Yaweh?

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Ive only played
Gens 1 2 and 3.
The last game i played was Heart Gold so X will be my first Pokemon game in a good while.
4 & 5 seemed more of the same so i skipped out.

I just want to see Mega Typhlosion

Shroob

Sup?
Now that I think about it, maybe that picture wasn't a Jigglypuff hint at all. Don't sleeping characters usually flash colors?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom