• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Yep. I love enjoying Turn-Based Action RPG's. Some of my favorites, really.

Now, to eventually find the other images I need to complete my Smash 64 Super Roster.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
So today's picture confirms nothing new... w/e.

Let's see what we get tomorrow or next Monday.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
If Samus's missiles can be sliced by swords or even bare hands, then Samus is probably nerfed.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Lol, she was so bad in Brawl with projectiles being her only semi-saving grace. If they nerfed that and didn't buff anything else, she is so done.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Perhaps her firing rate has been increased to compensate?

I feel like this SLICING thing is not going to uniquely effect only Samus's missile. This is probably a hint at how slicing attacks in general are being more clearly differentiated from simple battering type attacks.

My guess at least.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
LOL It was bad enough that Villager could pick up Samus's projectiles but did Sakurai really have to make Samus worse by letting everyone punch or slice her missiles like they are nothing? It would be better if only swords could slice missiles... but punching missiles with bare hands is too much.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Have you all forgotten that you could always hit Samus's missiles with your bare hands? :laugh:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Have you all forgotten that you could always hit Samus's missiles with your bare hands? :laugh:
I didn't know that... I haven't extensively played Samus in a long time... she was very good in Smash 64... why make her worse in Melee... then worse in Brawl... then worse in SSB4?

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I didn't know that... I haven't extensively played Samus in a long time... she was very good in Smash 64... why make her worse in Melee... then worse in Brawl... then worse in SSB4?
I think Sakurai mentioned in one of his Miiverse posts that her Charge Shot has been buffed by having a faster charge time.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I think Sakurai mentioned in one of his Miiverse posts that her Charge Shot has been buffed by having a faster charge time.
Which won't help much since faster attacks are better regardless. It's still too slow except possibly for edge-guarding. And even then, why hurt her missiles?

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Which won't help much since faster attacks are better regardless. It's still too slow except possibly for edge-guarding. And even then, why hurt her missiles?
I don't know, but weren't you able to destroy her missiles with physical attacks before?

Her forward Smash seems to have a larger hitbox too...

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I hope they buff Samus's Up+B recovery move... make her float in the air with Screw Attack... kinda like R.O.B.'s Up+B recovery move except it is Screw Attack... at least it is how I remember Screw Attack in Metroid II, Super Metroid, Metroid Fusion, and Metroid: Zero Mission.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I don't know, but weren't you able to destroy her missiles with physical attacks before?

Her forward Smash seems to have a larger hitbox too...
I remember in Melee where using a Reflector against a Missile reflected it, but then the Reflector turned off automatically. I think you could hit them? I dunno. The SSBWiki has nothing on it.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Viridi makes best sense as a potential waif and partner-in-crime for Mithos Yggdrasill to me... in anycase, not my type due her personality, I think...

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Gen 3 remakes huh? Not seeing the necessity for it at the moment, but if I ever do get one of them, it'll likely be the last poke-remake I ever get, because why the hell would I want to get a remake for say gen 4? Well knowing Gamefreak I guess they might have something convincing or worthwhile for even that...

Blargh.
yeahhh I agree

I feel like Gen 1 and 2 actually "needed" a remake to bring them up to the modern series flavor

I suppose Gen 3 could have some tweaks done to it too, but it's fine the way it is IMO

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I actually like the talk. It's different than all the typical convos that happen here these days, so let the goodness of Palutena and Viridi happen... til tomorrow and Saturday where Pokemon take over again.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
I always forget who Viridi is, lol

but I've seen much worse honestly

the day that I found out about loli was not a good day, to say the least :scared:

this is neither the time nor place for that though, hahaha

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Why do I have the impression that Admiral Pit likes Kid Icarus a bit too much? No offense, but his wording makes it seem he is kind of obsessed with the franchise... Sure, Kid Icarus: Uprising was a great game, but I don't think endless praising is exactly necessary...

I remember in Melee where using a Reflector against a Missile reflected it, but then the Reflector turned off automatically. I think you could hit them? I dunno. The SSBWiki has nothing on it.
I could check that in Brawl and Melee, but since I have my Wii at home, it won't be any soon until I can verify that.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Why do I have the impression that Admiral Pit likes Kid Icarus a bit too much? No offense, but his wording makes it seem he is kind of obsessed with the franchise... Sure, Kid Icarus: Uprising was a great game, but I don't think endless praising is exactly necessary...
I think the username made it obvious. *shrugs*

I could check that in Brawl and Melee, but since I have my Wii at home, it won't be any soon until I can verify that.
Right. I need to get my GameCube working. >_<

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694

Pfft, you crazy. I may love it, but I'm not THAT obsessed, despite what my weird wording. Besides, as some evil scientist with an IQ of 300 has said before:

"Time for a change of pace!"

...I think it was better suited that we had different topics for a change rather than the same typical "happening almost if not every day" ones. Besides, someone's gotta be different, and I know that the Pokemon hype is gonna happen again soon and nothing can prevent it, but I rather have that or KI talk compared to 2 (actually there's more) specific topics that I dread so very much and will not name, knowing they will resurface soon on their own. Trust me, it's a good thing.

And you mean Link's shield properties, no?

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Pfft, you crazy. I may love it, but I'm not THAT obsessed, despite what my weird wording. Besides, as some evil scientist with an IQ of 300 has said before:

"Time for a change of pace!"

...I think it was better suited that we had different topics for a change rather than the same typical "happening almost if not every day" ones. Besides, someone's gotta be different, and I know that the Pokemon hype is gonna happen again soon and nothing can prevent it, but I rather have that or KI talk compared to 2 (actually there's more) specific topics that I dread so very much and will not name, knowing they will resurface soon on their own. Trust me, it's a good thing.
I see... Well, hope you didn't get offended, as it wasn't my intention, but your wording is a bit strange and may have a different connotation than what you may want to express. That's all.

And we ALL know what are the most heated discussions here: Fire Emblem and Pokémon. And maybe 3rd parties too.

And you mean Link's shield properties, no?
I was talking about Samus's missiles being able to be cancelled by physical attacks. (Regarding yesterday's picture: the one with Pit cutting Samus's missile.)

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I see... Well, hope you didn't get offended, as it wasn't my intention, but your wording is a bit strange and may have a different connotation than what you may want to express. That's all.

And we ALL know what are the most heated discussions here: Fire Emblem and Pokémon. And maybe 3rd parties too.

I was talking about Samus's missiles being able to be cancelled by physical attacks. (Regarding yesterday's picture: the one with Pit cutting Samus's missile.)

It's fine, it's fine. Now if it was intentional and constantly happened, I'd may be a bit steamed. D:

Yea, I am not fond of 2 of those topics, but there's one worse than one of those.

I know it can in Brawl, since I know both Pit's and Bowser's F-tilt cancels missiles out. Heck, even Pit's Up-B windpush effect can cancel the homing missile (Super Missiles will just go through).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom