• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quinfordmac

Smash Journeyman
NNID
quinford_GameCo
Hey guys! Did you hear! Roy got revealed for Project M! How come no one has mentioned this yet?!

(horrible sarcasm)

Shroob

Sup?
So, we're assuming a Pokemon rep will appear on the 11th, right? What happens if Sakurai reveals it sooner? The sooner he reveals it = the more pictures he can release and build up hype for X and Y.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Damn I guess Pac-man Discussion is the new Fire Emblem Discussion.
Die a hero or live long enough to become the villain

On the other hand, I thought it was pretty funny that he called the smilies Pac-men. The invention of the smiley face couldn't have been the 80's.

Morbi

Scavenger
If Namco Bandai wasn't developing the game, I wonder how many people would be giving a **** about Pac-Man.
Nobody. That is the inherent problem with Sakurai stating that Namco would get no special treatment. If Pacman makes it anyways. I hope Sakurai just decides to not include Pacman to keep himself mostly contradiction free (lol nope).

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
I thought I addressed the fact that your whining isn't any better.
Then flame topics on purpose? My apologies! I'll just leave everyone alone to start massive pointless arguments where everyone just "yells" at each other instead on purpose for fun.

People baiting these kind of posts is what I'm complaining about and they run rampant here. If I wanted GameFaqs, I'd go there.

You can still have bland overused subjects that still at least have productivity and a point, I don't think striving for that is a problem.

Quinfordmac

Smash Journeyman
NNID
quinford_GameCo
Like, for example, my rustle jimmies thread got locked, and I was told why. On gamefaqs that thread is deleted and I have no idea why.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Then flame topics on purpose? My apologies! I'll just leave everyone alone to start massive pointless arguments where everyone just "yells" at each other instead on purpose for fun.

People baiting these kind of posts is what I'm complaining about and they run rampant here. If I wanted GameFaqs, I'd go there.

You can still have bland overused subjects that still at least have productivity and a point, I don't think striving for that is a problem.
Awww, I tried to remove that comment because I thought it was a bit too harsh lol.

Anyway, if you can't handle this, I hate to see you in an actual debate.

Quinfordmac

Smash Journeyman
NNID
quinford_GameCo
Probably the same reason it was banned here?

If you hope to somehow have a serious conversation on GameFaqs... Give up.
(that thread actually survived)

I never expect to have a aserious conversation over there, and I guess that's why I like it over there. We are a lot more serious

Mr.Universe

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1864-9620-1149
I just want to say this about X/Y and Smash. I don't think that there's much Sakurai can do to increase hype for the game, considering how much hype there is already. Now that I think about it, I'm not sure if any character would make me more hyped for X/Y besides maybe Pokemon Trainer (So I can see multiple Pokemon in action) or Mewtwo with a trailer.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Damn I guess Pac-man Discussion is the new Fire Emblem Discussion.

Seriously, I don't know how anyone can call any character bland, unless they have seen that character in action.
I mean just because some can't think of a possible good moveset for said character, that doesn't mean nobody can.
All characters can have a decent moveset, as long as you put your mind to it.
Even if it means pulling moves out of one's ***. (e.g Captain Falcon's entire moveset, Luigi's Green Missile, DK Headbutt, Ice Climbers moveset, Fox illusion etc...)
a lot of people on here tend to like it when characters already have an established pool of abilities to draw from, that's one of the reasons why Waluigi is looked down upon

but I mean, at the end of the day, a good moveset is a good moveset

besides Smash is non-canon anyway, lol there are a lot of established characters out there with non-canon moves and abilities in other games

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
Awww, I tried to remove that comment because I thought it was a bit too harsh lol.

Anyway, if you can't handle this, I hate to see you in an actual debate.
Actually, I'm surprisingly calm and collected in an actual debate oddly enough. I actually quite enjoy them when there is a real point and purpose. (ESPECIALLY stagelist and rules debates... them be tasty).

It's not like I got much time for anything else, I sit on my disabled butt and browse smashboards and try to find people to play boardgames with. waiting on a real copy of Smash 64 to practice. (Sick of computer play.)

I live a boring life huh?

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Moon Monkey is the homie, lol y'all should have already known that by now

I saw the genius of him way back when me and him first had our off-topic convos in here

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
[collapse=truth]
[/collapse]
-DEAD-

Actually, I'm surprisingly calm and collected in an actual debate oddly enough. I actually quite enjoy them when there is a real point and purpose. (ESPECIALLY stagelist and rules debates... them be tasty).

It's not like I got much time for anything else, I sit on my disabled butt and browse smashboards and try to find people to play boardgames with. waiting on a real copy of Smash 64 to practice. (Sick of computer play.)

I live a boring life huh?
Now I feel bad.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
a lot of people on here tend to like it when characters already have an established pool of abilities to draw from, that's one of the reasons why Waluigi is looked down upon

but I mean, at the end of the day, a good moveset is a good moveset

besides Smash is non-canon anyway, lol there are a lot of established characters out there with non-canon moves and abilities in other games
A moveset that draws from games is always ideal, but I can understand for some characters why they must have made up movesets.

But for characters like Sonic, who has a pretty big move pool, it kinda urks me to see him only use the spin attack for nearly 1/4th of his moveset.

But yeah it's non-canon, so the team has free reign to be creative when need be. But all I can stress is that we wait until we see proof of concept before we say something is bla-- You know what? That's all subjective when you think about it, so what is cool to some mayme lame to others. Oh well you can't please everyone.

P.S Haha, what am I doing!? I should be finishing this stupid paper for class. I'm here procrastinating. Lol!
I always get side tracked when I got my conclusion left.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Indeed, the only B word women should ever be called is beautiful. ¦(

*****es love being called beautiful. ¦D

Being completely random and off-topic aside, what's going on in the thread right no--

-LOL-
I thought "bland" was the B word???

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I thought "bland" was the B word???
Of course not. ******* don't love being called bland.

Unless they're masochists. But in those cases, they usually just love being called two things and two things only.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom